Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him (56621 Views)

Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by oodualover: 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
humilitypays:
Remember in those days, once u capture the capital city of the country or state u are fighting with, u have won the war because they will most likely surrender.

So Ojukwu's calculation was that since Biafra doesnt have enough resources to sustain a prolonged civil war with Nigeria backed by UK/US/Egypt, he wanted the fastest way to win the war so that Gowon will call for cease fire and‎ allow Biafra to go.....so they planned to take over Lagos through military strategy with less battle or assault; which Yorubas misunderstood as Igbos trying to take over Lagos....nope....Biafra never planned to take over Lagos...it was just a military calculation by Ojukwu to end the war fast not to take over and occupy Yoruba land.

Igbos have never seen Yorubas as a threat or problem....they only condemn Yorubas for always aligning with Hausa/Fulani to persecute other Soutthern Nigerian tribes
How many times have Yoruba people aligned with the north compared to you Igbo's? 1960-1966, you aligned with the north. 1979, you aligned with the north, 1992, you also formed alliance with the north. Another IBO guy was the campaign manager for abacha in 1997. In 2019, an ibo will become atiku's vice. which tribe in Nigeria licks the northerner's shiiits most if not IBOs?

8 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by humilitypays(m): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
lawani:
It shows that col ojukwu believed he could have used his small liberation army to take over forcefully the midwest and west esp lagos
They almost did if not for sabotages and later full British military backup with air raids.

Do you know that some of the Biafran military commanders like Banjo saw the victory of Biafra and became nervous to the extent some of the top commanders started envying Ojukwu and began to plot coup to kill Ojukwu so that they would be the commander in chief of Biafran state they thought has been achieved, this is part of the reasons for the delay of Biafra military operation at Ore which gave Nigeria and Britain the time to regroup and re-attack with full force.‎

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by lawani: 7:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
adelaja70:

I like too my brother but how would you feel if an Ibo man lead another tribe to take over or overrun Enugu? Una no know Roads to Kaduna, Kano, Plateau, Benue ni?
That Was Colonel Banjo's Mistake, agreed to lead the liberation army invasion of the west and midwest
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by humilitypays(m): 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
oodualover:

How many times have Yoruba people aligned with the north compared to you Igbo's? 1960-1966, you aligned with the north. 1979, you aligned with the north, 1992, you also formed alliance with the north. Another IBO guy was the campaign manager for abacha in 1997. In 2019, an ibo will become atiku's vice. which tribe in Nigeria licks the northerner's shiiits most if not IBOs?
Bro, forget about politics and political pardy....enemies do pardy in politics all over the world.

The aligning we are talking about is during crises, etc.

Yorubas can hardly condemn Hausa/Fulani blood-letting madness and rampage so long as it doesnt affect Yoruba.

But Igbos are like US of Nigeria....Igbos will together condemn Hausa/Fulani killings of any tribe; be it Jos, Kaduna, Benue, Idoma, Yoruba, etc....Igbos will fearlessly condemn Hausa/Fulani without being cunning or indirect about it and thats why Hausa/Fulani fear Igbos a lot....Igbos are their major barrier from not taking over every other tribe in Nigeria.

And if Igbos should secede from Nigeria, other Nigerian tribes will smell pepper in the hands of Hausa/Fulani because Igbos have been taking the bullets for other Nigerian tribes but they dont know or they know but chose not to care lol‎

8 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by lawani: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
humilitypays:
They almost did if not for sabotages and later full British military backup with air raids.

Do you know that some of the Biafran military commanders like Banjo saw the victory of Biafra and became nervous to the extent some of the top commanders started envying Ojukwu and began to plot coup to kill Ojukwu so that they would be the commander in chief of Biafran state they thought has been achieved, this is part of the reasons for the delay of Biafra military operation at Ore which gave Nigeria and Britain the time to regroup and re-attack with full force.‎
You Dont seem to realise that invading the mw and the west was clearly a case of biting more than you can chew esp when the west and midwest were tactically supporting biafra?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dmec(m): 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
uduvwurode:
na wa
FOR WAEC

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by laidima88(m): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
the man had no choice, the war started while he was in prison in the east and since ojukwu released him to Fight on his side, he was let between the devil and the deep blue sea

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by lawani: 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
laidima88:
the man had no choice, the war started while he was in prison in the east and since ojukwu released him to Fight on his side, he was let between the devil and the deep blue sea
He could have refused to head the liberation army and advised ojukwu to simmer down and face nsukka axis. nigerian history would have been different had ojukwu agreed but i doubt. Col Banjo was a fine officer who knew Col Ojukwu would kill him but yet he returned to the east. He deserves to be immortalized as a yoruba nationalist.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2017
Okey what exact her point is she talking now ?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Olu317(m): 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
Guestlander:

Ojukwu was an insecure little tyrant. He couldn't withstand the clout of people like Banjo and Ifeajuna so he killed them, period.
Ojukwu was a betrayal in all ramification. As unbridled as he was with pseudo self glorification, he still came back to Nigeria after he ran away as a coward and still came back to lick the booth of Hausa-Fulani to contest political position. I have never stop imagining ,if he had won a SENATORIAL POST, what would he has to tell Nigerians as a whole after he plunged his people into a war against Nigeria ? A war he won't ever win even in uncountable repetition times.

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by yabatown: 8:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
lawani:
He could have refused to head the liberation army and advised ojukwu to simmer down and face nsukka axis. nigerian history would have been different had ojukwu agreed but i doubt. Col Banjo was a fine officer who knew Col Ojukwu would kill him but yet he returned to the east. He deserves to be immortalized as a yoruba nationalist.

Then immortalize him yourself. You can start by naming your house after him and see if it doesn't get burned down in yorubaland.

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by christopherozo: 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2017
humilitypays:
Bro, forget about politics and political pardy....enemies do pardy in politics all over the world.

The aligning we are talking about is during crises, etc.

Yorubas can hardly condemn Hausa/Fulani blood-letting madness and rampage so long as it doesnt affect Yoruba.

But Igbos are like US of Nigeria....Igbos will together condemn Hausa/Fulani killings of any tribe; be it Jos, Kaduna, Benue, Idoma, Yoruba, etc....Igbos will fearlessly condemn Hausa/Fulani without being cunning or indirect about it and thats why Hausa/Fulani fear Igbos a lot....Igbos are their major barrier from not taking over every other tribe in Nigeria.

And if Igbos should secede from Nigeria, other Nigerian tribes will smell pepper in the hands of Hausa/Fulani because Igbos have been taking the bullets for other Nigerian tribes but they dont know or they know but chose not to care lol‎

TOO TRUE.

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
ProWalker:

Bros, im not harsh, you just have to look at the comments of these ungrateful ibows here now to come to the same conclusions. This is to serve as a lesson to those that always want to think igboes can be trusted.

How can any yoruba man in his right senses colluded with ibows to come and overrun yorubaland ?
No, he did not plan to overrun Yoruba land. As a matter of fact, he saw what the unruly Biafrans did in the Mid-West as a testbed and a pointer to what they would do in the South West. Besides he unlike Ojukwu knew that without the support of Yorubas he could never make it to Lagos. That was why he had meetings with Yoruba leaders and which Ojukwu ultimately used as the basis for trumped up charges.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Olu317(m): 8:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tomoarika:
To me Col Banjo remains the most misunderstood character of that period.

He wasn't a participant of the Jan 66 coup although he could have supported the reasons behind it as he was considered by the young majors (from Wale Ademoyega's account) yet he was punished for it.
Was he ever tried and found guilty as part of the Jan 66 group? No

Now when he was released by his friend Ojukwu, did he really have a choice as to whether to fight for Biafra or not?

What were his real reasons for halting at Ore?

Remember the Midwest region had been declared a neutral territory prior to the Midwest invasion whereby the then Mil Gov Ejoor refused the FG from keeping troops in the Midwest.
With the Federal troops bearing down on the capital Enugu, the attempt to take Lagos could have brought relief to Biafra but this failed leading the FG to declare a full out war against the rebels (as they were called)

Wale Ademoyega claimed in his book that the four; Banjo, Ifeajuna, Alale and Agbam were executed on the charge "Intention to Overthrow" rather than an actual attempt at it which shouldn't have been enough for the sentence.

Banjo could be a scapegoat, a traitor, a victim of circumstances depending on who you ask. Truth is, we may never know which. It's a pity dead men tell no tales.

That period was just a crazy one. May we not experience another like it.
Such can't happen again and again in Yoruba land. Col.Banjo was used to cover up ,he “Ojukwu " flaws and weakness. And I hope all Yoruba living now and in the future will understand that an alliance with Eastern people is and will always be a calamity. I can't even comprehend the wickedness in the heart of some folks even on here apportioning blame to a man that was killed through a kangaroo tribunal. No wonder, even the man that killed him bedridden till he died. I am so elated at the manner at which the children of late col. Victor Banjo have survived the storm. They are doing well despite the early death of their father at tender ages. This is the power of God to have showcase his greatness. They are in the news and are bold to speak positively about their father. Can the children of Odumegwu Ojukwu do the same about him? This is how life plays out on the just and unjust.....

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nudoibaretep:
An igbo man can never be trusted. Anyone trusting an igbo man is a f.0ol. They are snake, and wicked. People that can kill their people for money, how much any other person.

There are millions of Igbos. How many Igbo people have u dealt with to come that conclusion. Hateful bigotry is blinding u and killiig u. There are people not to be trusted in every tribe and also trustworthy people. Free your mind, open your eyes and try to see the good in your fellow man. Stop being a hateful bigoted mumu.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Danites are members of DAN (Detribalised Association of Nigeria)
**We Danites try to see people as human beings, as individuals, not groups or tribes. We are too big to be just tribe. We see ourselves as human beings, as black people, as Africans, as NIGERIANS, then, way down the list, tribe.
**We make posts against tribal bigotry and hatred and posts supporting detribalization and unity of Nigeria. While seeking solutions for her innumerable problems, we encourage love for our beloved country, Nigeria, and we encourage inter-tribal connections and cooperation.
**Other than these core values, any other views expressed by any Danite are his own views and do not reflect the views of any other Danite.
**DAN is not on the side of any person, group, or party.
**All Danites have equal right to use the Danist list to express their views or to rebutt other Danites' views.
**To become a Danite, you must indicate strong interest or be nominated by a Danite.
**Please paste this part of the post to appropriate posts or threads you wish to bring to the attention of other Danites.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongrea, winterfell007, quotasystem, nabiz, deleyi20, mujtahida, stagger, Horllamideh, jnrremedy, litmus, shervydman, ikio, iykmann, limitless777, jakd, juneoctober, hati13, panafrican, musicwriter, naijatalktown, itsmrike, enice, rossikki, dokunbam, fiftynaira, goldbim, Frankyboy1, 9jaDoc, JaffyJoe, castiello, kitaatita, VillageWinch, GhanaMustGoo, oz4real83, rafsonnggmail, Kingspin, Chukazu, Juliearth, asunaobi, dabiton, mesoprogress, elog, Oselu28
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Join our email list as soon as you can by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
humilitypays:

LMAO. Typical Biafran, monkey logic.

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tomoarika:
To me Col Banjo remains the most misunderstood character of that period.

He wasn't a participant of the Jan 66 coup although he could have supported the reasons behind it as he was considered by the young majors (from Wale Ademoyega's account) yet he was punished for it.
Was he ever tried and found guilty as part of the Jan 66 group? No

Now when he was released by his friend Ojukwu, did he really have a choice as to whether to fight for Biafra or not?

What were his real reasons for halting at Ore?

Remember the Midwest region had been declared a neutral territory prior to the Midwest invasion whereby the then Mil Gov Ejoor refused the FG from keeping troops in the Midwest.

With the Federal troops bearing down on the capital Enugu, the attempt to take Lagos could have brought relief to Biafra but this failed leading the FG to declare a full out war against the rebels (as they were called)

Wale Ademoyega claimed in his book that the four; Banjo, Ifeajuna, Alale and Agbam were executed on the charge "Intention to Overthrow" rather than an actual attempt at it which shouldn't have been enough for the sentence.

Banjo could be a scapegoat, a traitor, a victim of circumstances depending on who you ask. Truth is, we may never know which. It's a pity dead men tell no tales.

That period was just a crazy one. May we not experience another like it.

This is big time lie that can only hold water in Nigeria. Ejoor, along with Katsina, supported Gowon. How Midwestern region remained neutral when Excravos was the training Depot and launching pad of coastal attack against eastern region by 3MCDO. If you have forgotten to read your calendar properly, I suggest you pay it another visit. By July 26, 1967, Ubani (Bonny) in eastern region had been captured by elements of 3MCDO who were trained in Midwestern region and launched the attack from the same region. Please tell how was the region neutral when every attack on the coastal plains of the eastern region started from Midwestern region.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
cristianisraeli:
Fifty years ago, the late Lt. Col Victor Banjo, the 16th Nigerian to be commissioned into the Nigerian Army, was publicly executed reportedly on the orders of the late Ikemba Nnewi, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, who was then the Military Head of the secessionist Biafra Republic. He was an Ijebu from Ogun State but died fighting on the Biafran side during the Nigerian civil war.
Banjo was before his death, in detention on allegations that he took part in the January 1966 coup, was released by Ojukwu when the war broke out and convinced to lead part of the Liberation Army, which went on the offensive against the Nigerian Army and got as far as Benin, in present day Edo State. Banjo was to declare another republic upon having Benin under his control.
In this interview with Dare Odufowokan, Assistant Editor, his daughter, Mrs. Olayinka Omigbodun, a Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Ibadan, recalls how Banjo’s young family was thrown into disarray upon his arrest and detention. She also lamented what she described as the unjust treatment meted out to her father while explaining why she thinks Ojukwu killed his friend, her father.

How does it feel remembering the events that led to the reported execution of your father (Lt. Col. Victor Banjo)?

First and foremost, I must express gratitude to God for keeping us alive and well all these years. Despite the fact that we lost our father while still so young, God has kept us to see this day. We are four children, two boys, two girls. I am the third. We’ve all been able to go through school and acquire degrees. All of us are alive and healthy.

I thank God for the kind of parents he gave me. Our father died 50 years ago and our mum 20 years ago. She was a widow for 30 years before she also went to be with the Lord. I am proud of them. It was 30 years of struggle and difficulty, but with our late mother determined to fulfil her promise to our dad, we made it.

Why do you think he did that to his friend?

He conveniently blamed Banjo and three other men. Lt. Col Ifeajuna, Alele and one other for sabotaging the Biafran efforts. He needed to tell the people who were losing faith in him something new as a reason for the defeats. His fear about the imminent fall of Enugu was also driving him to do something. So, on trumped up charges, my father and three other men were tried by a Kangaroo court and killed by firing squad in 1967.

The trial did not reveal any evidence linking Banjo with any act of treason against Ojukwu or the Biafran government. In fact, it took a second military tribunal to convict Banjo because the first tribunal stated that the evidence presented to it was insufficient to prove Banjo’s guilt in the case. Unsatisfied and not ready to let my father off the hook, Ojukwu constituted another tribunal speedily.

Apparently, it was a clear case of sacrificing someone as a scapegoat because while my father was looking forward to assisting Ojukwu further with the Biafran war in spite of the huge risk and sacrifice involved for him as a person, Ojukwu was looking for a way of implicating him for sabotage so as to retain the control of the region. Ojukwu betrayed my father by killing him.

And you don’t think his not agreeing in the secession was a reason he got into trouble with Ojukwu?

Well, they were friends and friends disagree. They probably must have disagreed on that before then because my father never hid his patriotism. But again, I was told that hours after the execution, Enugu fell. I am a Professor. Human beings are very fickle. We are wont to always look for excuses. For scapegoats; so, my father was simply the sacrifice.

He knew my father was up for one Nigeria. Even before drafting him into the war on his side, he knew my father was a patriot who wanted one united Nigeria. After the war we left Nigeria for Sierra Leone but my mother brought us back because my father, in his letters, had insisted we must be raised as Nigerians. So, his patriotism was never in doubt. Ojukwu merely executed him to cover up his own failures as a leader of the war.

But Gowon later became the Head of State. Why didn’t he release your dad?

After Gowon was installed as Head of State, my father made several overtures to him for his release. But Gen. Gowon refused to release him even though he knew he was not part of the coup. The only concession he gave was that Banjo could be transferred to a prison in Lagos if he so wished. My father rejected the offer.

Even when my father wrote Ironsi from prison in Ikot Ekpene, on June 1, 1966, he was wondering what on earth he did to warrant being imprisoned. He faulted the way he was being treated and asked for justice, fairness and loyalty from Ironsi as a loyal officer. He saw his detention as a grievous crime against him. He pleaded his innocence and asked to be released. There is really no basis for tagging him as a ‘coupist’. I sincerely think setting the records straight is one of the things Nigeria, and the likes of Gen. Gowon, owe us as his family and children.

It is very painful for us not knowing how he ended really. Not knowing where his remains are. Not even the exact date of his death. We only read in the book of a foreign journalist who had witnessed his execution of the date and circumstances. Beyond that, there is little or nothing to prove how he ended. This is very sad.

http://thenationonlineng.net/victor-banjos-daughter-ojukwu-betrayed-father-killing/

Army - Sabotage - Death - simple to understand.

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by christopherozo: 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

There are millions of Igbos. How many Igbo people have u dealt with to come that conclusion. Hateful bigotry is blinding u and killiig u. There are people not to be trusted in every tribe and also trustworthy people. Free your mind, open your eyes and try to see the good in your fellow man. Stop being a hateful bigoted mumu.

**We Danites try to see people as human beings, as individuals, not groups or tribes. We are too big to be just tribe. We see ourselves as human beings, as black people, as Africans, as NIGERIANS, then, way down the list, tribe.
**We make posts against tribal bigotry and hatred and posts supporting detribalization and unity of Nigeria. While seeking solutions for her innumerable problems, we encourage love for our beloved country, Nigeria, and we encourage inter-tribal connections and cooperation.
**Other than these core values, any other views expressed by any Danite are his own views and do not reflect the views of any other Danite.
**All Danites have equal right to use the Danist list to express their views or to rebutt other Danites' views.
**To become a Danite, you must indicate strong interest or be nominated by a Danite.
**Please paste this part of the post to appropriate posts or threads you wish to bring to the attention of other Danites.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongrea, winterfell007, quotasystem, nabiz, deleyi20, mujtahida, stagger, Horllamideh, jnrremedy, litmus, shervydman, ikio, iykmann, limitless777, jakd, juneoctober, hati13, panafrican, musicwriter, naijatalktown, itsmrike, enice, rossikki, dokunbam, fiftynaira, goldbim, Frankyboy1, 9jaDoc, JaffyJoe, castiello, kitaatita, VillageWinch, GhanaMustGoo, oz4real83, rafsonnggmail, Kingspin, Chukazu, Juliearth, asunaobi, dabiton, mesoprogress, elog, Oselu28
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Height of delusion. Keep deceiving yourselves that there is such a thing as one Nigeria or Nigerian unity. Nigeria is simply a prison house of nations. The whole world knows it. ; A mere GEOGRAPHICAL EXPRESSION according to Awo. Face this fact.

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
Bolustical:
The way Biafrans narrate their stories, one would think Ojukwu never committed atrocities, as if some villages in Edo states were never raided down coz of their anti Biafran stances.

At the end, the Biafra never materialized.

Nothing in Edo opposed the biafra army.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
Throwback:

Her father played no role at all in any coup.

Very true
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Cyjetty: 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
christopherozo:

Height of delusion. Keep deceiving yourselves that there is such a thing as one Nigeria or Nigerian unity. Nigeria is simply a prison house of nations. The whole world knows it. ; A mere GEOGRAPHICAL EXPRESSION according to Awo. Face this fact.

Simple truth.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2017
Bolustical:
What do you expect from:

Someone who could sacrifice three million people for his ambition?

Someone who could leave Effiong in the cold to face the music alone only to come and get pardon and contest elections later?

I am very sure no Igbo man can replicate what Fajuyi, Banjo and others did to Yorubas or other Nigerians.

No matter how many times u sing falsehood, it wouldn't change the facts.

The pogrom that lasted from July 15th 1966(the day revenge coup) till may 30 1967(The day of declaration of biafra) brought about the death of over 30,000 igbo men, women n children for 10 complete months caused the civil war.

U can lie as long as u desire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Cyjetty: 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Very true
False. You can't change historical records and evidence. Gowon jailed him for complicity in the 1966 coup. Ojukwu released him, only for him to attempt another coup.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by TheKabal: 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
Bolustical:
What do you expect from:

Someone who could sacrifice three million people for his ambition?

Someone who could leave Effiong in the cold to face the music alone only to come and get pardon and contest elections later?

I am very sure no Igbo man can replicate what Fajuyi, Banjo and others did to Yorubas or other Nigerians.

The garbage about the glory of the south-east has been perforated by one of their loonies - Nnamdi Kanu. He let us take a closer look at the south east with a microscope. Many of us even dug deep into the academic archives to verify the theories. At the end of the day, the world realized that these guys are just Oliver Twists, you cannot satisfy them. They do not hold their leaders accountable because their culture abhors leadership, so since they don't listen to their elders and leaders, they do not feel justified or compelled to ask the governor of Abia why all the roads in the city look worse than a pathway to a shrine.

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Cyjetty: 8:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Army - Sabotage - Death - simple to understand.

Abi oooo
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
Cyjetty:

False. You can't change historical records and evidence. Gowon jailed him for complicity in the 1966 coup. Ojukwu released him, only for him to attempt another coup.
What role did he play in the coup? We know about the 5 Majors. We know of Nzeogwu in Kaduna and Ifeajuna in Lagos. What was his designated area of operation?

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by VBCampaign: 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
christopherozo:

Every country is a GEOGRAPHIC EXPRESSION and most countries have or had people wanting to secced, including US. Their bloodiest war by far was a secessionist war. Then there are those who were enslaved and lynched in the same US. They are all still part of US and all contribute in making USA the greatest country in the world.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Tecno66: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
It may have been a conditional release.
cristianisraeli:
When Ojukwu released him, why didn’t he leave the country instead of joining the Biafran Army?

He made effort. But his papers were with gen. Gowon which he refused to give him. And I read somewhere that Ojukwu, who wanted someone that will be counselling him, convinced him to stay. He must have really been in conflict at that time whether to stay or join us abroad. He loved his country, so I am not surprised he chose to stay. Ojukwu was his friend, don’t forget.

It was tough like I said growing up without him. Though my mother ensured we survived the tough times, there was a big drop in our social standing and our finances. I remember being in school and some children were served milk while we couldn’t afford it. We just watched while others drank the milk. Looking back now, I could imagine what it was like. We had to live on the meagre resources my mum could garner. This is why we are saying the authorities should do the right thing by correcting the impression about our father, we need an official statement on him. He is N16, meaning he was the 16th officer commissioned into the Nigerian Army. He deserved to be better treated.

All we knew and still know is that he was arrested on Monday, January 17, 1966 when he went to work. My mother and I were sad to watch the heroic reception given Ojukwu, the man who killed my father in 1982 when he returned from exile. He also got a state burial upon his death in 2011. We couldn’t understand what manner of country this is.

How did your mother cope with the situation back then?

My mother died 20 years ago, but before her death, she made some requests and those remains our request even today. These requests are in a letter my mother wrote to Gen Yakubu Gowon on May 31, 1972, two years after the civil war ended. Gen. Gowon was then the Head of State. She requested the return of my father’s safe, removed personally by Gen. Gowon from 21B Cooper Road Ikoyi on Monday, January 17, 1976. In the safe were some vital documents and belongings of my father and his immediate family. We want that back because it will go a long way in helping us catch up on those times.

She also asked for the return of some land papers and money as well as my father’s cars namely a Mercedez Benz WAL 720 and another car. She wrote the number too. She also asked for the death certificate of my father. So, we call on the authorities to help out with these so we can have these things to cherish about our dear father who was unjustly sacrificed by this country.

And personally, I have a lot of unanswered questions. Why is my father still being tied up with the January 1966 coup? Why was my father arrested at all? Even when it was clear to the then Head of State, that my father wasn’t part of the coup, why did he choose to leave my father in prison? Gen. Gowon took the steel cabinet from our home, why hasn’t he returned the cabinet? When exactly did my father die? Where are his remains? I seek answers to these questions. And someone like Gen Gowon is still around to help out with answers to these questions and many more.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by lawani: 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
Cyjetty:

It was ironsi that jailed banjo not gowon

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by dataking: 9:34pm On Oct 09, 2017
kimbraa:
Cowards don't go to war with their enemy. Ojukwu loved his people, and was fighting for their liberation from a country that doesn't give a fùck about the lives of its citizens but kept screaming the "One Nigeria" mantra when sectional killings was going on. When the Igbos were massacred in Lagos and northern Nigeria, what did the government do?.

Some of you still think Ojukwu was fighting for a personal course.

I read from a silly lady that the Igbos didn't loose properties so they should stop saying their properties where stolen. At that era, it was said that Igbos were the most educated in Nigeria and occupied most government parastatal in the country but after the war, the federal government stole their money and gave Igbos who had money in banks a flat sum of twenty pounds. Isn't that stealing? Some of their landed and housing properties where claimed by Hausas and Yorubas. Yet, someone will say they didn't loose anything.

The "No man's land" that Lagos State is called didn't start today. Igbos were the ones running that state.

You like to spew a lot of rubbish. You were running the state indeed. Developer

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Senator Datti Baba-Ahmed Said That Gay People Should Be Killed (Video) / Dino Melaye With Bukola Saraki In New Photos / FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.