Stats: 3,143,303 members, 7,780,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:11 PM

Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him (56473 Views)

Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 12:07am On Oct 14, 2017
diadem10:

Like they were turning mass movement in the midwest by attacking them?

Shameless revisionist.

They didn't attack them going in. But soldiers probably had to be soldiers instead of getting with the.program.
Why else do u think he chose Banjo?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 12:13am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

So you assumed that the same way Prophet Mohammed got a huge following on his way to Mecca, is the same way Yorubas would have tagged along with Ojukwu's Biafra Liberation Army, in the '60s. Such an assumption never materialised, because the Yoruba were far more astute than Ojukwu gave them credit for.

With Banjo leading and Awo poised to announce Yoruba secession, as they assumed, it is not a far-fetched scenario at all.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 12:30am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Guy, Nigerian govt NEVER granted secession to Ojukwu. Instead, they fought to keep Ojukwu's region within the federation. And since there was NO secession, how would Awo's words have come to pass??

You have to realise people read these things.in newspapers and I bet u this was the headline: Awo: If Biafra secedes Yorubas are out too!

Plus a paper can easily construe Awo's words to mean:
"If everythinh is not done to prevent Biafra from ANNOUNCING secession then.Yorubas will also secede"
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 12:38am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Guy, Nigerian govt NEVER granted secession to Ojukwu. Instead, they fought to keep Ojukwu's region within the federation. And since there was NO secession, how would Awo's words have come to pass??

Newspapers and regular people can easily construe Awo's words to mean:
"If everythinh is not done to prevent Biafra from ANNOUNCING secession then.Yorubas will also secede"
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 12:45am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Maybe wrongly, but Awo's words were widely and justifiably assumed to mean:
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 12:59am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Relying on Awo?? What kind of reliance?? The same Awo begged Ojukwu not to secede.

Here is what Awo said at that meeting verbatim:

Aluko:
Awolowo said, if the East left the federation, the Yoruba would have to leave the federation.

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Vivere: 1:02am On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Here is what Awo said at that meeting verbatim:

Aluko:
Awolowo said, if the East left the federation, the Yoruba would have to leave the federation.
Was the East allowed to leave the Federation??

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 1:04am On Oct 14, 2017
diadem10:

Will you shut it? How is stating the West would secede if the eastern counterpart leaves equates to wanting to join Ojukwu in his quest for secession?

Abegi, swerve if you've got no brain to use.

The way you put it that's exactly what it equates. But Awo was wise enough not to put it that way in his written statement, mumu.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 1:05am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Did the entire Yoruba nation ever buy into Ojukwu's Biafra agenda? When was this done? When did they agree to contribute men, materials, resources, and ammunition to join Ojukwu's band of merry, misguided soldiers known as the Biafra Liberation Force? Provide the minutes of the meeting. Obviously the idea that Prophet Mohammed's kind of mass mobilisation tactics would be replicated in the South west was a figment of Ojukwu's poor imagination.

Why would a cowardly group of people buy into self-determination? I guess you have the minutes of the meeting where the so-called entire Yari.ba nation agreed to join Gowon and northern region to prosecute a war against eastern region. It is logic is totally lost on most Nigerians.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Vivere: 1:08am On Oct 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

Why would a cowardly group of people buy into self-determination? I guess you have the minutes of the meeting where the so-called entire Yari.ba nation agreed to join Gowon and northern region to prosecute a war against eastern region. It is logic is totally lost on most Nigerians.

And I guess you have the minutes of the meeting where the Yoruba sat down with the Eboes and agreed to contribute men, materials, resources and ammunition to a joint combat force that would fast track the secession, not so?

At least, the people you call 'cowardly' had the foresight not to rush headlong or ill - prepared, into a needless war, that would have cost them 3 million of their people.

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Vivere: 1:13am On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Maybe wrongly, but Awo's words were widely and justifiably assumed to mean:

Everything was done to prevent Igbos from seceding, Yes or No??
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 1:14am On Oct 14, 2017
diadem10:

Awolowo meant that if Biafra was granted secession, then we would be out because the East joined us into Nigeria.

Understood?
g

Zik was not the East. Besides Zik did not join anything, he only objected when Awo suggested that regions be given the right to opt out of Nigeria. He was a pan-Africanist/Nigerianist!
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 1:23am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

And I guess you have the minutes of the meeting where the Yoruba sat down with the Eboes and agreed to contribute men, materials, resources and ammunition to a joint combat force that would fast track the secession, not so?

At least, the people you call 'cowardly' had the foresight not to rush headlong or ill - prepared, into a needless war, that would have cost them 3 million of their people.

Why would red blooded Igbo man ever insinuate that Yari.ba ever sat down with Ndigbo in a meeting to agree upon contributing men and material for the war? Ndigbo wanted a country of their own and never called any idiot to attack them. Eastern region of Nigeria was attacked by northern, western and midwestern regions. It is not and shall never be a crime to sue for self-determination.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 1:26am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Are Yari.ba, Hausawa, Kanuri, Fulde and Igbo brothers and sisters? We are not and can never bothers and sisters. Why should any fool attempt to prevent secession of Ndigbo from the pit of hell called Nigeria? Pretenders are worse creatures in human race.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Vivere: 1:27am On Oct 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

Are Yari.ba, Hausawa, Kanuri, Fulde and Igbo brothers and sisters? We are not and can never bothers and sisters. Pretenders are worse creatures in human race.
Eboes are the worst pretenders. Don't tell me you have forgotten so soon??

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Vivere: 1:29am On Oct 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

Why would red blooded Igbo man ever insinuate that Yari.ba ever sat down with Ndigbo in a meeting to agree upon contributing men and material for the war? Ndigbo wanted a country of their own and never called any idiot to attack them. Eastern region of Nigeria was attacked by northern, western and midwestern regions. It is not and shall never be a crime to sue for self-determination.

Good. Now why don't you share this viewpoint with your brother WetinConsignMe?? It appears he didn't get the memo. He has been saying something quite different from you. He has been blaming the Yoruba for not joining Ojukwu in his failed expedition to actualise Biafra. Isn't that ridiculous?

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 1:29am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Eboes are the worst pretenders. Don't tell me you have forgotten so soon??

You cannot eat your cake and have it. I say sorry.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 1:35am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Was the East allowed to leave the Federation??

People and newspapers didn't notice the word "allowed". They are not lawyers.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 1:40am On Oct 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

It would do YOU a world of good if u stopped being a trbalistic hateful bigot

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 1:48am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Not by a long shot. Aburi accord was a good compromise arrived at after long negotiations. Gowon later refused to abide by an accord he signed in front of heads of staes.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Vivere: 1:54am On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Not by a long shot. Aburi accord was a good compromise arrived at after long negotiations. Gowon later refused to abide by an accord he signed in front of heads of staes.
That was not the question I asked you. Are you a footballer? You like dribbling and rigmarolling instead of answering questions in a straight manner. Now back to the question. Was everything was done to prevent Igbos from seceding?? Yes or No?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 1:57am On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

It would do YOU a world of good if u stopped being a trbalistic hateful bigot

I shall never stop being tribal, hateful or bigot. As a human being, all the attributes are within confine of human. There is good reason I am created Igbo and no scallywag will stop me from fanning the progress of my people. Every human being is hateful unless pretenders. I guess people know the meaning of bigot and should stop applying the word in a wrong format. There is nothing wrong to disagree with certain views.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 1:57am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Good. Now why don't you share this viewpoint with your brother WetinConsignMe?? It appears he didn't get the memo. He has been saying something quite different from you. He has been blaming the Yoruba for not joining Ojukwu in his failed expedition to actualise Biafra. Isn't that ridiculous?

Goes to show u that just because people are from same tribe doesn't mean they are alike, mumu.
I never blamed Yorubas or even Awo. I only pointed out what impression Awo's words gave to people: that Yorubas would secede if Biafra announced. He actually had no such power plus northern soldiers were watching him.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 2:02am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

That was not the question I asked you. Are you a footballer? You like dribbling and rigmarolling instead of answering questions in a straight manner. Now back to the question. Was everything was done to prevent Igbos from seceding?? Yes or No?

Do u understand English? "Not by along shot" means an emphatic NO.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Vivere: 2:03am On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Goes to show u that just because people are from same tribe doesn't mean they are alike, mumu.
I never blamed Yorubas or even Awo. I only pointed out what impression Awo's words gave to people: that Yorubas would secede if Biafra announced. He actually had no such power plus northern soldiers were watching him.

Why do you like the word 'mumu so much?? Is that your new title?? It just kills whatever point you are trying to make. undecided You are contradicting yourself again. Awo never said Yorubas would leave if Biafra was announced. He used the word 'secede'. And Biafra was not allowed to secede. The 30 months civil war proved that.

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 2:04am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

I did not come to this forum to heap blames or cry over spilt milk. I navigated to this forum to state the facts as I know them. In addition, I do not a give ratass if some goons accuse of me of tribalism. I am Igbo, period. There is nothing that will make more of my day than actualizing Republic of Igbo Land.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Vivere: 2:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

I did not come to this forum to heap blames or cry over spilt milk. I navigated to this forum to state the facts as I know them. In addition, I do not a give ratass if some goons accuse of me of tribalism. I am Igbo, period. There is nothing that will make more of my day than actualizing Republic of Igbo Land.

Alright we have heard you. You are Eboe. Period.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 2:12am On Oct 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

I shall never stop being tribal, hateful or bigot. As a human being, all the attributes are within confine of human. There is good reason I am created Igbo and no scallywag will stop me from fanning the progress of my people. Every human being is hateful unless pretenders. I guess people know the meaning of bigot and should stop applying the word in a wrong format. There is nothing wrong to disagree with certain views.

You are only hurting YOURSELF. It is like taking poison and expecting it to.kill someone else. You are created Igbo, but u r also created a human being, a black man. Go to USA, see if the blacks know who among them is Igbo. Plus your distant ancestors could actually be Yoruba. That's how funny the whole thing is.
Truly great men are never hateful. I am.not hateful AT ALL.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 2:17am On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Why do you like the word 'mumu so much?? Is that your new title?? It just kills whatever point you are trying to make. undecided You are contradicting yourself again. Awo never said Yorubas would leave if Biafra was announced. He used the word 'secede'. And Biafra was not allowed to secede. The 30 months civil war proved that.

Mumu is a good word. Somewhat humorous.
Did u read what I wrote? I said his words gave that IMPRESSION
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 2:23am On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

You are only hurting YOURSELF. It is like taking poison and expecting it to.kill someone else. You are created Igbo, but u r also created a human being, a black man. Go to USA, see if the blacks know who among them is Igbo. Plus your distant ancestors could also be Yoruba. That's how funny the whole thing is.
Truly great men are never hateful. I am.not hateful AT ALL.

I had hoped you could not be more wrong. I am not a "Black Man". It is idiocy to identify a human being with hue. Color is not human. Again, I am Igbo man not anything else. I do not subscribe to USA's moronic idiosyncrasy. Please try to guard your utterances with measured sense of enlightenment while in public arena. Anybody who likes everything falls for everything. Great man are tactful and will tell what they did not like.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 3:30am On Oct 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

I had hoped you could not be more wrong. I am not a "Black Man". It is idiocy to identify a human being with hue. Color is not human. Again, I am Igbo man not anything else. I do not subscribe to USA's moronic idiosyncrasy. Please try to guard your utterances with measured sense of enlightenment while in public arena. Anybody who likes everything falls for everything. Great man are tactful and will tell what they did not like.

Well, that's the basis upon which people were enslaved -
based on COLOUR not Yoruba or Igbo.

How ironic and mindless tribal hatred can be. Take Ojukwu himself, the epitome of Igboness, yet he was hardly Igbo. He was brought up in Lagos and North and spoke Yoruba and English, hardly Igbo. Also likely his mother was non-Igbo.

EXCERPTS:

Akinjide explained to Strong that as a child, Ojukwu was rejected because his father strongly denied that he was solely responsible for the pregnancy that led to him, arguing that other mysterious force or forces may have been at work as well. His mother, claimed Akinjide, was a mistress his multimillionaire  father, Sir Louis Ojukwu, acquired on one of his business trips to the North. Being a devout Catholic, Sir Louis refused to keep the boy in his house in Lagos, preferring to send him back to the North, where he was born and where his mother made a living as a trader. Ojukwu, like Nnamdi Azikiwe, was born in Zungeru, in the present day Niger State.

As the boy grew up, friends of the business mogul prevailed on him to recognise him as a son. According to Akinjide, Sir Loius agreed to do so, but the boy became something of an embarrassment to him, the reason for which he sent him to school in England, where he made it into Oxford University.

Here is another except: his view on Igbos as told to Aluko (he spoke Yoruba better than Aluko):

"I was brought up in Lagos. I came to the East on posting as a military governor. I have discovered that ruling the Igbo is like ruling a pack of wild horses. They are very difficult to rule. I will rather want to be away from here to another place. It is very difficult to persuade the Igbo against their will.”
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 3:45am On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Well, that's the basis upon which people were enslaved -
based on COLOUR not Yoruba or Igbo.

How ironic and mindless tribal hatred can be. Take Ojukwu himself, the epitome of Igboness, yet he was hardly Igbo. He was brought up in Lagos and North and spoke Yoruba and English, hardly Igbo. Also likely his mother was non-Igbo.

EXCERPTS:

Akinjide explained to Strong that as a child, Ojukwu was rejected because his father strongly denied that he was solely responsible for the pregnancy that led to him, arguing that other mysterious force or forces may have been at work as well. His mother, claimed Akinjide, was a mistress his multimillionaire  father, Sir Louis Ojukwu, acquired on one of his business trips to the North. Being a devout Catholic, Sir Louis refused to keep the boy in his house in Lagos, preferring to send him back to the North, where he was born and where his mother made a living as a trader. Ojukwu, like Nnamdi Azikiwe, was born in Zungeru, in the present day Niger State.

As the boy grew up, friends of the business mogul prevailed on him to recognise him as a son. According to Akinjide, Sir Loius agreed to do so, but the boy became something of an embarrassment to him, the reason for which he sent him to school in England, where he made it into Oxford University.

Here is another except: his view on Igbos as told to Aluko (he spoke Yoruba better than Aluko):

"I was brought up in Lagos. I came to the East on posting as a military governor. I have discovered that ruling the Igbo is like ruling a pack of wild horses. They are very difficult to rule. I will rather want to be away from here to another place. It is very difficult to persuade the Igbo against their will.”

I guess you realized that enslavement of people are not exclusive domain of Europeans. In addition, I do not know where you derived the crap that Ojukwu is epitome of Igboness. Chukwuemeka Ojukwu is not more Igbo than any downtrodden laborer of Igbo descent. I am too enlightened to even listen to idiotic fallacies from Akinjide and people of his ethnicity. By the way, do you think I give slightest hoot where any Igbo person was born? Any Igbo chap could born in Kafachan, I just do not care.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Gets New University In Biu, Borno State / Do You Agree With This Presidential Election Prediction By The Nation Newspaper? / Dino Melaye In ABU To Collect His Certificate (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87