Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? (31971 Views)

I Can Never Make It In Life!!! Who Tell You I Can, Is A Liar. / The Single Mother Of 1 I Married Is Actually A Mother Of 4 / Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by ImaIma1(f): 11:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
If you are not happy when single, you cannot be happy when married. Your spouse cannot be your saviour.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by SexyFox(f): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
To be married is a lot work. If you are not mentally prepared, you'll break down. It no longer a state of I and I alone. You have to do things, you dont even want to do, work together and get along. But when you look at your caring husband and lovely children, you will smile because it's worth it.

Being single is good for the emotionally independent. But watch out for parental pressure to get married. If you are the type that get lonely easily, just get married already. Single people are more focus.

As for me, I choose single.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Tex42(m): 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
pcguru1:
Lol am single and definitely not Happy I doubt marriage life would be any different
lol! Bros where u stand?

Nairalanders no go kill pesin.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Jrevelation(m): 11:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
For me both is crazy
If you are single you need money to survive

And if you are married you need more money I mean more money

Bro I said it again if you are married you need more and more money because your child future is important, you need more money

If you are on this forum and you are reading this right now you need enough money to secure your child future

You need more money in every aspect of life to survive it all

I know what am saying bro

You need more and more money

Most importantly of it all marriage can't survive without money

If you quote me wrong that hmmmm

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by PierreDeFermat(m): 12:06am On Oct 10, 2017
Sholaqe:
depends on the people involved. there are certain needs that can't be met when one is married and there are certain freedoms one loses when one gets married. In the same vein, there are certain benefits and joys that being married bestows on a person. so there are pros and cons to both. its just a matter of weighing both on your own subjective scale.
o ni laakaye jare omo yii. 2 brim full cups of sepe, one wrap of SK and a dozen bottles of Codeine for you

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by PierreDeFermat(m): 12:16am On Oct 10, 2017
lonelydora:
Marriage is way better than being single for this reasons

1. You will no longer eat indomie every night when you are back from work.

2. You don't spend too much money on frivolities.

3. You now have puzzy at your disposal whenever you want (So i thought when i was single grin)

4. You obtain undeniable favours from the Lord.

5. You will be given responsibilities in any gathering yoi find yourself.

6. You now think straight as a human.

7. Add yours.
Silly reasons. I have seen a lot of people that got married and started experiencing set backs. what has marriage got to do with favors ? is Ronaldo married ? justin Beiber,Chris Brown,etc are not married and they are enjoying God's favors than most married people I know.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Tex42(m): 12:21am On Oct 10, 2017
Being single or married are both special in there own way. Though there are challenges in both, but nothing beats the feeling of being truly loved.

Hope to get married some day, but that will depend on finance and meeting a woman that will make me feel settling down (with her) is really worth the risk.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 10, 2017
I don't know why I'm always happy visiting and reading stories from nairaland. Lots of good brains handling complicated issues. I doff my cap for everyone making good comments here.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by hanassholesolo: 12:40am On Oct 10, 2017
GratefulHeart23:
It depends on who you're married to. Even after 5 years of marriage with a child, I prefer being single and now that job won't let me be under the same roof with the man I'm married to, I enjoy my freedom and have lots of peace within.

Wow. That's deep. Happy Birthday btw

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by cococandy(f): 12:42am On Oct 10, 2017
Just get money. You'll be happy either way

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by temblor1(m): 12:57am On Oct 10, 2017
Sholaqe:
depends on the people involved. there are certain needs that can't be met when one is married and there are certain freedoms one loses when one gets married. In the same vein, there are certain benefits and joys that being married bestows on a person. so there are pros and cons to both. its just a matter of weighing both on your own subjective scale.
The pic on your dp thou?
Damn..... you are so ''a take away.''
Mehnnn...just allow me to sleep in peace. Thanks anyways.

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by aziaka111(m): 1:28am On Oct 10, 2017
marriage is d greatest,just praying for d right girl to come fast
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 10, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
I am married and i am enjoying my life than when i was single. grin
That means ya husbond is miserable
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 10, 2017
cococandy:
get money and cococandy tongue

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by YelloweWest: 1:51am On Oct 10, 2017
I'm married and happy.

My sister was doing great. At 25 she had graduated started her own business. bought a brand new car. Travelled to many countries. Then she met and married a bastard! At 26

Atimes she can't even feed herself and her kids cry
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by kabillion(m): 3:41am On Oct 10, 2017
myboy2010:
nothing gives u happiness than making Jesus Christ the lord of ur life
I respect this

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Crixina(f): 4:42am On Oct 10, 2017
Akshow:
Very happily.
let's try this again, who knows you just might find the secret to happiness this time grin :- undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 10, 2017
YelloweWest:
I'm married and happy.

My sister was doing great. At 25 she had graduated started her own business. bought a brand new car. Travelled to many countries. Then she met and married a bastard! At 26

Am curious how did it go downhill from there sad
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by bezimo(m): 5:05am On Oct 10, 2017
Your happiness will depend on who you marry and who you are... if you marry a bad woman/man forget happiness.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by greatman247(m): 6:08am On Oct 10, 2017
Single life is more better. I'm married and not happy, was happier and enjoyed while I was single and more successful too.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Deo1986(m): 6:10am On Oct 10, 2017
how about contract marriage? Its more of experimenting each other, one partner begins to exhibit the ugly side, you fleeeeeeeee the union and continue your singularity. Rather than get stuck in a union where you may have been fleeced in the form of knocking of door, paying off all the requirement given you, and the ceremonies traditional and white.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Deo1986(m): 6:13am On Oct 10, 2017
YelloweWest:
I'm married and happy.

i detect a contradiction, you said you are married and happy. So why bring up your sister's unhappy married life? Whats your meaning?
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 10, 2017
Deo1986:
i detect a contradiction, you said you are married and happy. So why bring up your sister's unhappy married life? Whats your meaning?

Actually its not a contradiction he is married and happy and his sister not being happy while married doesn't contradict his own position, if anything he's saying it's relative

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 10, 2017
Marriage is sweet when you have a good partner but awful if your spouse is terrible
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by fav444(f): 7:07am On Oct 10, 2017
McTobe:
But babe seriously do U want to go that far before settling down, not that I want to interfere but being flexible sometimes helps one to make more informed decision. I am not in any way suggesting dat u should lower your standard.

Opportunities threw themselves at me and if I say no I may not be lucky enough to get a second chance. So I took them while they were still hot.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by fav444(f): 7:10am On Oct 10, 2017
majekdom2:
how did the women who have achieved great heights do it? I think determination is key. the bolded is just an excuse

U must delay one for the other but if you are very very strong and have enough resources, u may take the two at once.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Lukonline(m): 7:29am On Oct 10, 2017
I definitely try marriage, what's the worse that could happen?

I sure know I'm not very happy being single, even with all the girls in the world. You can't continue doing the same thing and expecting a different result, you try out other options and as in this case; if you're single and you're not happy you try being married. But always try with the best of intentions. My two cent

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Foxie: 7:42am On Oct 10, 2017
PierreDeFermat:
Silly reasons. I have seen a lot of people that got married and started experiencing set backs. what has marriage got to do with favors ? is Ronaldo married ? justin Beiber,Chris Brown,etc are not married and they are enjoying God's favors than most married people I know.
With these you've said and the people you've made mention of, one can tell you're still an amateur, probably in his Late teens or early 20's.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by YelloweWest: 7:48am On Oct 10, 2017
Deo1986:
It means that marriage does not automatically mean happiness for everyone.

My sister would have been better of single than with the bastard she married.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by YelloweWest: 7:53am On Oct 10, 2017
pcguru1:

Am curious how did it go downhill from there sad
She was being a supportive wife. Her husband has a very good job but he also has a serious gambling problem.
He is not God fearing and does not care about the future.

After the marriage she became pregnant. Couldn't continue her business and was using her funds to take care of her self and kids.
Today she is broke!
She has a small job but a 60k salary can do nothing in PH.
The bastard still gambles away his salary.
Despite family planning a third child is on the way.... I just tire.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Purelady(f): 7:53am On Oct 10, 2017
GratefulHeart23:
It depends on who you're married to. Even after 5 years of marriage with a child, I prefer being single and now that job won't let me be under the same roof with the man I'm married to, I enjoy my freedom and have lots of peace within.
Happy Birthday, ma'am, wish you more happiness , age with grace.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Daeylar(f): 7:55am On Oct 10, 2017
cococandy:

Chaii grin grin grin grin grin

No time for too much talk grin grin grin grin
Just straight to the point grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) / Nigerian Man Ties His Son To His Back And People Make Fun Of Him / American Man Sends Over $100,000 To Wife In Nigeria He’s Never Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.