Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow (3918 Views)

Bet9ja Website Is Down??? / 6 Reasons Your Website Is Not Generating Traffic And How To Fix Them / This Website Is For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by gabonsky: 3:14am On Oct 10, 2017
Speed is a killer.

No matter how good your content is and how much SEO oriented it is, if it lacks a good loading speed, your Google rankings are going to suffer.

Here's a comprehensive list of factors that might be hurting your page's load speed:

Source: https://gabrielatanbiyi..com.ng/2017/10/16-reasons-why-your-website-is-so-slow.html

2 Likes

Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 10, 2017
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:16am On Oct 10, 2017
Oh...Nice write up op
Do check this out guys, very very helpful

https://www.nairaland.com/4076198/ 15 Things You Can Do Online Just Sitting At Home And Earning Big(Proof)
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by wabinz(m): 7:16am On Oct 10, 2017
nice
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by Suko110(m): 7:17am On Oct 10, 2017
Raise ur hand if u don't anything abt dis sh*t

1 Like

Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by Sugarcious(m): 7:17am On Oct 10, 2017
Sometimes u need a good host. Most servers are slow due to bandwidth overload. Try a good server with at least 99.9 up time.
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by jorhney(m): 7:17am On Oct 10, 2017
[sup][/sup]
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by IMASTEX: 7:17am On Oct 10, 2017
Nice info
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by sKy007: 7:17am On Oct 10, 2017
Nice tips
One of the reasons for fast loading site is that users might leave the site before Analytics and Alexa recorded the visits.
That's why you may have a much higher traffic on your Blogger dashboard (if you are on Blogger) than Analytics

Blogger records every hits, while Analytics wait for the site to be fully loaded before the hit is recorded.

So the faster your site, the better

1 Like

Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by iamleumas: 7:18am On Oct 10, 2017
Ok
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by Ochasky23(m): 7:18am On Oct 10, 2017
Nice points
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by Finstar: 7:19am On Oct 10, 2017
Very nice.. That's why you need a good web developer to work on your site.. Not just a designer.. Unfortunately, people don't even know the difference. If you need someone that will give you an awesome service, just contact me.. You'll love it.. Pay before service.. If you dont like my work, don't pay me..

Contact me 0.8.1.6.7.9.7.0.9.6.9

1 Like

Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2017
Over design too can make your website so slow..
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by stepup2know: 7:31am On Oct 10, 2017
JUST USE ANGULAR JS TO TRANSIST FROM STATE(PAGE) TO STATE. ANGULAR HELPS YOUR PAGE TO LOAD QUICKLY. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT LOAD FASTER THAN ANGULAR THEN USE REACT JS. THAT SETTLES IT.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by fineyemi(m): 7:33am On Oct 10, 2017
UK AdSense for sale #3000. beep me on 08166343495 Whatsap. call on 09078823167
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by Webman007: 7:45am On Oct 10, 2017
1) it could be your CMS. Building website with CMS like WordPress and co are good, becuase it's easy and the options you have to expand the scope of your website are awesome using plugins and co.

but then you need to watch it and don't overbloat your site with plugins, deactivate and delete the ones you're not using and look for alternatives for anything you want to do with plugin.

2) Are your images optimized? this is another issue don't just throw in that image or video on your site without optimizing them for speed and cutting off excess fat.

3) Minify your files. yes you can minify your files from your HTML to your CSS and JS files.

4) Use cache and CDN services where necessary

5) like some one. rightly said what's your server bandwidth?

At the end of the day it pays to use available speed test tools to test your site speed and then implement suggested corrections

_----------------_

Need a Website for your ideal or Business? contact me using the contact details below

2 Likes

Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by geunik(m): 7:55am On Oct 10, 2017
sKy007:
Nice tips
One of the reasons for fast loading site is that users might leave the site before Analytics and Alexa recorded the visits.
That's why you may have a much higher traffic on your Blogger dashboard (if you are on Blogger) than Analytics

Blogger records every hits, while Analytics wait for the site to be fully loaded before the hit is recorded.

So the faster your site, the better
wow, have been looking for a reasonable explanations for this variation. All i have been hearing is bot but this make sense. My blog count is increasing to my taste but the analytic is showing traffic below what blogger is showing
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2017
I don't worry about these things because www.mortalpoet.com has not given me any reason to think of speeding up.
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by hubtiva: 8:09am On Oct 10, 2017
you can get a dynamic website from http://lexoft.com.ng/web-design-in-lagos/
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:50am On Oct 10, 2017
you did not explain in details most of the reasons you outline but I think the number thing is also the theme you chose for the blog. .you have to get a good Sep responsive theme. .also mind the kind of images or pictures you attach on the site. .i believe page load time depends on other factors you have listed above. .well content is still king. .write a good article and it wil load faster when it is search on Google. .

www.valentine202.com
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by Sodia(m): 9:01am On Oct 10, 2017
not a bad one at OP, i recently saw something even similar at www.safaxnet.com.ng lately, m off to that site.
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by UjSizzle(f): 9:24am On Oct 10, 2017
Webman007:
1) it could be your CMS. Building website with CMS like WordPress and co are good, becuase it's easy and the options you have to expand the scope of your website are awesome using plugins and co.

but then you need to watch it and don't overbloat your site with plugins, deactivate and delete the ones you're not using and look for alternatives for anything you want to do with plugin.

2) Are your images optimized? this is another issue don't just throw in that image or video on your site without optimizing them for speed and cutting off excess fat.

3) Minify your files. yes you can minify your files from your HTML to your CSS and JS files.

4) Use cache and CDN services where necessary

5) like some one. rightly said what's your server bandwidth?

At the end of the day it pays to use available speed test tools to test your site speed and then implement suggested corrections

_----------------_

Need a Website for your ideal or Business? contact me using the contact details below
Needed this.

What do you use to optimize images?
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by sKy007: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2017
UjSizzle:

Needed this.

If the image you want to use is 1mb, you can use a tool like Office Picture Manager and compress it to 150kb. That is optimization

SO that someone on a slow network would not be waiting for the 1mb image on your site to download whereas another site load faster because the image there has smaller kb size.

Other optimization tips for SEO include adding title, img alt

Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by Webman007: 11:23am On Oct 10, 2017
UjSizzle:

Needed this.

First optimization for your image is for search engine which is the name of the image itself

secondly for the size of your image whenever you're saving your images, using either AI, PS or any graphic editing software there's an option for you to determine the size of your image by specifying image type and image quality ( low, medium, high very high and maximum)

Thirdly they're online tools like tinypng.com you can also use to compress your image while conserving its quality

Thirdly if you use WP you have plugins that you can use also to do the above but I don't recommend them. less plugins better

1 Like

Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by neksummi(m): 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nice one and some meaningful contributions too.
Re: 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow by IamShiningStar(f): 10:32pm On Oct 10, 2017
Webman007:

First optimization for your image is for search engine which is the name of the image itself

secondly for the size of your image whenever you're saving your images, using either AI, PS or any graphic editing software there's an option for you to determine the size of your image by specifying image type and image quality ( low, medium, high very high and maximum)

Thirdly they're online tools like tinypng.com you can also use to compress your image while conserving its quality

Thirdly if you use WP you have plugins that you can use also to do the above but I don't recommend them. less plugins better
nice

(1) (Reply)

Download WP Genesis Framework Latest V 2.0.2 For Free / Facebook "Sponsored Search Results" / Closed case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.