Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (547581 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tunlex01(m): 9:48am On Aug 31, 2020
inagbe1:
Good evening all. My question goes to Pharmacists who migrated as Pharmacy Technicians. How did you go about getting positive evaluation from VETASSES. I want to know what it takes before delving into it.
The most important document for Vetassess is your reference letter which must capture your role as a technician and not a Pharmacist. Any job responsibility with indication of a pharmacist role and not a technician's may result in a negative assessment.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by inagbe1: 11:29am On Aug 31, 2020
tunlex01:

The most important document for Vetassess is your reference letter which must capture your role as a technician and not a Pharmacist. Any job responsibility with indication of a pharmacist role and not a technician's may result in a negative assessment.
Thank you very much.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by naphy: 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
quote author=naphy post=93564542]Hello everyone
Please is there anyone who travelled to Aussie for studies with a child? How stressful was/is it for you? I have applied for MSc and the agent said I must go alone and arrange for my child’s joining in 3-6months of arrival so that they wouldn’t suspect I want to go there to live not to only study.
1. Do you think I can travel with my child? Shes just 3 �
2. Reaching there might be stressful as a newbie; accommodation, orientation and stuff; will I get an affordable daycare in the Uni or neighborhood?
If yes how expensive and or hard to get can that be?
3. Thank you ��

Forgot to add; any doctor in the house?
How difficult is it to secure a job as a Dr.
What may be the options?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Richdee1(m): 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
Any Social Worker in Australia?
Would love to take up a Profession in Social work.
Child Social Work in particular
Please if you're on hre share your experience and how to get certificate and License
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bligs: 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
Richdee1:
Any Social Worker in Australia?
Would love to take up a Profession in Social work.
Child Social Work in particular
Please if you're on hre share your experience and how to get certificate and License
The only option is getting a diploma or degree in Social work.
PS: You can't go wrong with Social work as the profession is selling.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jadepinkett(f): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2020
I am going from one Australia thread to the other. Can anyone help with the process of visiting visa to Australia? Or which thread covers this?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
jadepinkett:
I am going from one Australia thread to the other. Can anyone help with the process of visiting visa to Australia? Or which thread covers this?
visit the embassy website, provide required documents. If your are qualified and have proofs you will come back, they will surely give it to you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Richdee1(m): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2020
bligs:
The only option is getting a diploma or degree in Social work. PS: You can't go wrong with Social work as the profession is selling.
Thank you, I Have a BSC. in Social work I just want to know the steps that can be taken to be able to work over there
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bligs: 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2020
Richdee1:

Thank you, I Have a BSC. in Social work
I just want to know the steps that can be taken to be able to work over there
https://www.nairaland.com/4478747/diy-guide-australian-permanent-resident#67134234
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2020
jadepinkett:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/Visa-subsite/Pages/visit/600-visitor-landing.aspx#

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Omojayejaye(m): 10:17am On Sep 06, 2020
bellong:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/Visa-subsite/Pages/visit/600-visitor-landing.aspx#
Please can 75points clinch ITA for Geophysicist. I have calculated my points and i want to know coz I also have alternative options. Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by rinzylee(m): 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
ProJectAnatot:

Thanks for the write up.
So I have a few questions.
1. Does it mean every health care professional ( e.g radiographer, physiotherapist, lab scientist) has to do a bridging program before practicing in Aussie??
2. Before/During the course of your 8wks training, where you allowed to work??
3. Can others in the health care profession aside Nurses register as 'Residential care officers' Pending their licensure by the AHPRA.??
Thanks... From a Future potential migrant.

I don't know about others, but every foreign trained physiotherapist MUST write and pass the License exams (written and practical components) before you can practise in Australia or apply for PR using Physiotherapist as job role.

The only other option is to do your initial credentialing and apply for limited registration which would enable you search for a job and be able to work for 2 years or so under supervision but as a Physio Assistant.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ProJectAnatot(m): 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2020
rinzylee:

I don't know about others, but every foreign trained physiotherapist MUST write and pass the License exams (written and practical components) before you can practise in Australia or apply for PR using Physiotherapist as job role.

The only other option is to do your initial credentialing and apply for limited registration which would enable you search for a job and be able to work for 2 years or so under supervision but as a Physio Assistant.
Thanks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Experience4u(m): 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
Do you know any Nigerian Physiotherapist graduate who succeeded using this initial credentialing registration. I know a couple of them who wants to toe that line but are apprehensive cus of the cumbersome nature of the process.

rinzylee:

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by rinzylee(m): 10:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
Experience4u:
Do you know any Nigerian Physiotherapist graduate who succeeded using this initial credentialing registration. I know a couple of them who wants to toe that line but are apprehensive cus of the cumbersome nature of the process.

I know of just one personally, he got a job just before COVID struck. Should be leaving soon with his family. You may not have so many examples because it's a rare pathway.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Experience4u(m): 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
Can we connect or if it can be shared here, it may help
rinzylee:

I know of just one personally, he got a job just before COVID struck. Should be leaving soon with his family. You may not have so many examples because it's a rare pathway.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by rinzylee(m): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
Experience4u:
Can we connect or if it can be shared here, it may help

I'm sorry I may not be able to share his contact. I don't have a close relationship with him. He was a couple of classes my senior in Uni. Main deal is to write IELTS Academic, and Kickstart the process.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Solitin40: 6:25am On Sep 08, 2020
Richdee1:

Thank you, I Have a BSC. in Social work
I just want to know the steps that can be taken to be able to work over there
Visit this link all the information you need to kickstart are there

https://www.aasw.asn.au/careers-study/assessment-of-social-work-qualifications-international-or-australian-for-migration-and-or-employment-purposes
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Richdee1(m): 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2020
Solitin40:

Visit this link all the information you need to kickstart are there

https://www.aasw.asn.au/careers-study/assessment-of-social-work-qualifications-international-or-australian-for-migration-and-or-employment-purposes

Oh! Thank you, just found out Social Work is not yet a registered profession in Australia
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Bellacious: 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
ProJectAnatot:

Thanks for the write up.
So I have a few questions.
1. Does it mean every health care professional ( e.g radiographer, physiotherapist, lab scientist) has to do a bridging program before practicing in Aussie??
2. Before/During the course of your 8wks training, where you allowed to work??
3. Can others in the health care profession aside Nurses register as 'Residential care officers' Pending their licensure by the AHPRA.??
Thanks... From a Future potential migrant.
Every profession has their own pathway and o think bridging program is just nurses and they will soon stop the program because they have introduced Outcome based assessment for nurses. So just check with your profession and what is required. For physiotherapist, I think one has to sit for a board exam and is given 3 opportunities to pass the exam.
2) Do you mean when I just arrived? If yes, I couldn't work in the care sector because I needed the certificate. It's possible to get other jobs that doesn't require certification. So I wasn't working till i finished.
3) Check the job description of a Residential care officer and check if it aligns with what you do. If it does then go ahead and apply.
Hope this helps.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ProJectAnatot(m): 12:21am On Sep 21, 2020
Bellacious:

Every profession has their own pathway and o think bridging program is just nurses and they will soon stop the program because they have introduced Outcome based assessment for nurses. So just check with your profession and what is required. For physiotherapist, I think one has to sit for a board exam and is given 3 opportunities to pass the exam.
2) Do you mean when I just arrived? If yes, I couldn't work in the care sector because I needed the certificate. It's possible to get other jobs that doesn't require certification. So I wasn't working till i finished.
3) Check the job description of a Residential care officer and check if it aligns with what you do. If it does then go ahead and apply.
Hope this helps.

Yes... It helped a lot. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Teejah80: 3:53am On Sep 23, 2020
Hi everyone.
I would like to share my experience on this Aussie parole.
September 2017 I got my visa 489,my hubby move to Australia in October same year while I was still in Nigeria cos I need to resigned (work with LSG).I joined my hubby in December same year.Jan 5th we moved to a regional area in qld.Getting accommodation was hard cos we don't have Rental history, we therefore lived in a shared accommodation with a Fijian woman.God used this woman to make things easier for us in term of settling in.Hubby got a job at the factory. I applied for different roles but wasn't lucky to even get an interview. I enrolled for certificate 3 in individual support and I got Government funding,so I only paid $65 for the course.Hubby encourage to concentrate and finish the course and also look aftet the kid while he worked and foot all the bill.i finished the course with 6month.(wanted to finish as early as 2montg but the RTO wouldn't allow me of qld directive that the course should be done around 6 to 12month).I got a job where I did my placement and life was good.
January 2020 we lodged our 887(PR).God added to my family 3months after we lodge 887,so I was able to enjoyed all the care given to a citizen at hospital �. NO DIME PAID. We notified CO of our additional baby,baby got 489 and Bridging visa immediately. Six month after lodging 887,got CO to rescan hubby passport. September we got our grant..
I just want to encourage anyone there,that do whatever it takes you to be here.Let me quickly add that I didn't get job in my occupation (Public health) and I couldn't do any further study cos of the cost. Finally, if its 491 worst case scenario student visa you could get,grab with Joy.If you are not lazy and you know how to save .You will be alright �

9 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Skyrocket1: 4:29am On Sep 23, 2020
Teejah80:
Hi everyone.
September 2017 I got my visa 489,my hubby move to Australia in October same year while I was still in Nigeria cos I need to resigned (work with LSG).I joined my hubby in December same year.Jan 5th we moved to a regional area in qld.Getting accommodation was hard cos we don't have Rental history, we therefore lived in a shared accommodation with a Fijian woman.God used this woman to make things easier for us in term of settling in.Hubby got a job at the factory. I applied for different roles but wasn't lucky to even get an interview. I enrolled for certificate 3 in individual support and I got Government funding,so I only paid $65 for the course.Hubby encourage to concentrate and finish the course and also look aftet the kid while he worked and foot all the bill.i finished the course with 6month.(wanted to finish as early as 2montg but the RTO wouldn't allow me of qld directive that the course should be done around 6 to 12month).I got a job where I did my placement and life was good.
January 2020 we lodged our 887(PR).God added to my family 3months after we lodge 887,so I was able to enjoyed all the care given to a citizen at hospital �. NO DIME PAID. We notified CO of our additional baby,baby got 489 and Bridging visa immediately. Six month after lodging 887,got CO to rescan hubby passport. September we got our grant..

Congrats on your PR Grant, I also got mine last month (August) after four years of coming into the country on student Visa.

I just want to encourage anyone there,that do whatever it takes you to be here.Let me quickly add that I didn't get job in my occupation (Public health) and I couldn't do any further study cos of the cost. Finally, if its 491 worst case scenario student visa you could get,grab with Joy.If you are not lazy and you know how to save .You will be alright �
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Skyrocket1: 4:30am On Sep 23, 2020
Teejah80:
Hi everyone.

Congrats on your PR Grant, I also got mine last month (August) after four years of coming into the country on student Visa.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Teejah80: 5:11am On Sep 23, 2020
Congratulation � �
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Skyrocket1: 5:45am On Sep 23, 2020
Teejah80:
Congratulation � �

thanks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Babysho(m): 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
My friend's uncle sent some money to her from Australia using transfer. She didn't have an account to receive it on so she had to use someone else's here in Nigeria. The person later transferred a meagre amount to her and said Australia dollar rate is 180 per dollar. How true is this We googled it and it says 277 per dollar. What could be going on?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Skyrocket1: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Babysho:
My friend's uncle sent some money to her from Australia using transfer. She didn't have an account to receive it on so she had to use someone else's here in Nigeria. The person later transferred a meager amount to her and said Australia dollar rate is 180 per dollar. How true is this We googled it and it says 277 per dollar. What could be going on?

Well that's obviously a lie from the account holder. Tell your friend to go open a bank account so that she can be receiving money directly, if not, she will keep getting ripped off.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Babysho(m): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
Skyrocket1:

Well that's obviously a lie from the account holder. Tell your friend to go open a bank account so that she can be receiving money directly, if not, she will keep getting ripped off.

You sure there's no explanation for why it could be 180? The person is a trusted family member.

And any idea what the rate is in Nigeria not the one on Google.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Okonowele8(m): 9:39pm On Sep 23, 2020
Babysho:

You sure there's no explanation for why it could be 180? The person is a trusted family member.

And any idea what the rate is in Nigeria not the one on Google.

Na wa oo. trusted family member yet u are here asking if they cheated your friend and someone answered you yet u are saying another thing.

I think your friend should open account so that when the uncle sent money next time she will know if is a trusted family member or not.

Australian dollar is higher than 180

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Experience4u(m): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Congratulations on your PR
Teejah80:
Hi everyone.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Experience4u(m): 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
Congratulations

Please can you share your transition story from Visa 500 to 887. This may help ginger some people. Thanks
Skyrocket1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.