Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (547579 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
majiouk2002:
Hello guys,

Please what advantage does having a naija driving licence have over starting the process afresh in Melbourne?

Thanks in advance for your responses

With Naija licence, depending on the state after passing driving test, you get full local driver's licence without conditions.

Starting fresh, this is the process across the states

Learner's permit... You will be on it for at least 6 months before you do a test ...

When you pass the test, you get a provisional driver's licence (P1), you will be on this for 12 months.

After the 12 months, you move to P2 for another 12 months before you do a final test to get full licence.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by majiouk2002: 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2017
bellong:

After the 12 months, you move to P2 for another 12 months before you do a final test to get full licence.

Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obi24(f): 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
Good day all.we just lodge our visa application, pls how do we generate our HAP id for medical or should we wait for CO to be assign to use before we can go for medical.tanx.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ideamaster(m): 7:51am On Dec 23, 2017
bellong:

With Naija licence, depending on the state after passing driving test, you get full local driver's licence without conditions.

Starting fresh, this is the process across the states

Learner's permit... You will be on it for at least 6 months before you do a test ...

When you pass the test, you get a provisional driver's licence (P1), you will be on this for 12 months.

This is correct. But not forgetting all the hours you have to do in the 6 months before being able to sit your practical test.

In WA, after passing your practical test, you would have to wait for about 6 months before getting your red P while doing more hours. I am not sure it's like that in other states.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
6 months? In some states it's 1 year before you can apply for your practical test.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2017
Christmas loading....
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 2:27am On Dec 24, 2017
FBS:
6 months? In some states it's 1 year before you can apply for your practical test.

That is if you are under 25 I guess.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by zanyzara: 9:08am On Dec 24, 2017
obi24:
Good day all.we just lodge our visa application, pls how do we generate our HAP id for medical or should we wait for CO to be assign to use before we can go for medical.tanx.
You generate the HAP id before you lodge your visa application. You will have to wait for CO.

Zany.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
Done

Denny2017:

Please @catchdwind4rmkd,i sent you a PM.I have an important and urgent issue to discuss with you Sir.Kindly reply.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by aussy4life: 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
Merry Christmas to you all

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DidoKev: 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
obi24:

Log into your immi account and click on the view application. Then click on View Health assessment and answer questions regarding your health history. Save and submit your answer to get your HAP ID. Remember to do the same to arrange for your biometrics. Do not forget to click INFORMATION PROVIDED after your biometrics and medicals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by zanyzara: 10:03am On Dec 25, 2017
Here's wishing y'all a truly merry Christmas and a new year of realising ambitions.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Dgovernor88: 10:21am On Dec 25, 2017
A special greetings to all the elders in this thread. Please I need your advice on how to go about this Australia work permit, I was introduced to one agent and she told me that she is going to help me in processing the visa but she will take 1.8m but first I will have to make a deposit of 200k for a start then when my visa is out I will pay the remaining money.

And I also have another person who told me the same Australia work permit at the same rate and Australia 1.8m and Australia employment visa at 1.750m but I will have to make a deposit of 60k at a start. And he also tell about New Zealand visa at the rate of 1.5m with a deposit of visa fees. But the problem now is that I don't know how to go about it do to what is happening now in Nigeria through some so called agents. So please if there is any one on this thread that can help me with a good advice on how to go about it because am a kind of confused right now thank you all.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Dgovernor88: 10:27am On Dec 25, 2017
A special greetings to all the elders in this thread. Please I need your advice on how to go about this Australia work permit, I was introduced to one agent and she told me that she is going to help me in processing the visa but she will take 1.8m but first I will have to make a deposit of 200k for a start then when my visa is out I will pay the remaining money.

And I also have another person who told me the same Australia work permit at the same rate of 1.8m and also Australia employment visa at rate of 1.750m but I will have to make a deposit of 60k at a start. And he also tell about New Zealand visa at the rate of 1.5m with a deposit of visa fees of 60k. But the problem now is that I don't know how to go about it do to what is happening now in Nigeria through some so called agents. So please if there is any one on this thread that can help me with a good advice on how to go about it because am a kind of confused right now thank you all. We be happy to get a good reply.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Albion05: 10:39am On Dec 25, 2017
My dear, first of all this is not the thread to direct your work permit to Australia.

Here is the right thread https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

Ask any information you need on the thread and people will be willing to answer you.

Paying 1.8 million for work permit is ridiculous to me.
Do not fall prey to such thing.
People have migrated to Australia through Work permit Visa and eventually getting PR afterwards.

Visit the link of the thread i drop and you will ThankGod you never did in paying such ridiculous amount.

Dgovernor88:

And I also have another person who told me the same Australia work permit at the same rate of 1.8m and also Australia employment visa at rate of 1.750m but I will have to make a deposit of 60k at a start. And he also tell about New Zealand visa at the rate of 1.5m with a deposit of visa fees of 60k. But the problem now is that I don't know how to go about it do to what is happening now in Nigeria through some so called agents. So please if there is any one on this thread that can help me with a good advice on how to go about it because am a kind of confused right now thank you all. We be happy to get a good reply.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 11:37am On Dec 25, 2017
Pics

6 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 11:43am On Dec 25, 2017
Pic

4 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 11:45am On Dec 25, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2017
J

6 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2017

6 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by sellydion: 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hope somebody will help me.

I am 46 , is there any pathway to still migrate to Australia, or no hope again due to recent govt pronouncement?

Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
Federation square

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2017
Yarra river

6 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 12:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
Merry xmas

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obi24(f): 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
Thanks.Which one is biometrics? or are u referring to police clearance.

Log into your immi account and click on the view application. Then click on View Health assessment and answer questions regarding your health history. Save and submit your answer to get your HAP ID. Remember to do the same to arrange for your biometrics. Do not forget to click INFORMATION PROVIDED after your biometrics and medicals.[/quote]
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by zanyzara: 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
obi24:
Thanks.Which one is biometrics? or are u referring to police clearance.

Log into your immi account and click on the view application. Then click on View Health assessment and answer questions regarding your health history. Save and submit your answer to get your HAP ID. Remember to do the same to arrange for your biometrics. Do not forget to click INFORMATION PROVIDED after your biometrics and medicals.
I believe he's talking about student visa. For PR, since you have lodged your application, you have to wait for CO.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 10:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
zanyzara:
I believe he's talking about student visa. For PR, since you have lodged your application, you have to wait for CO.

Zany.

Not necessarily. You can go ahead to do it without waiting for CO. I did medicals after submitting.

S/he should follow the process earlier described.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 10:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
sellydion:
Hope somebody will help me.

I am 46 , is there any pathway to still migrate to Australia, or no hope again due to recent govt pronouncement?

Thanks

How old is your wife? Is her occupation on the skilled list?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by zanyzara: 7:26am On Dec 26, 2017
bellong:

Not necessarily. You can go ahead to do it without waiting for CO. I did medicals after submitting.

S/he should follow the process earlier described.
Oh really, that's why is better to consult widely. My assertion was based on what I read on DIBP here

Zany.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 8:11am On Dec 26, 2017
zanyzara:
Oh really, that's why is better to consult widely. My assertion was based on what I read on DIBP here

Zany.

I know.. that is what they write but you can do it differently.
. When it was written, you can't generate HAP ID yourself after lodging but it is possible now.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2017
bellong:

That is if you are under 25 I guess.
Nope. Even over 25.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.