Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (19377 Views)

Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin / The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by omenka(m): 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

You know i like chewing such mofos for lunch cheesy
Absolutely.

Come have a buffet here. grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4108529/israel-pledges-improved-relationship-nigeria#61289960

This is a big blow to the Abiaama Transcontinental Development Strategy. grin

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Praktikals(m): 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
oodualover:
I love you baba! I respect you more than my useless father. Kabiyesi oo! Kojo pe lori! Ki bata pe lese!
Fixed.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
holatunde1759:

grin grin grin....Anawo nko?
Aluwo, Anakako, Anasare, Agbaya, Subusere, Aluki, Agbefuye, Agbeti, Agbero

Account Ogun baba n be n'iyara

6 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by nnokwa042(m): 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=shukuokukobambi post=61287546]

And your brain did not tell you its their superior weapons that did it for them over Africans? Or was your Yahweh sleeping when the Arabs and their Allah took over the eastern roman empire pushing on to the Caucasus?

The technology you're using today comes largely from Japan, China, Finland etc which are almost completely irreligious but I'm sure you'll claim its Jesus that did it for them.

You that has been worshiping the Jewish god, what have you manufactured? Or you're not worthy of a gift of sound intellect from him?[/quote)then since ur wooding god did not teach u anything discard it,for technology we re still living in america and Europe cus every technology in this world is owned be them,if dangote decides to open dangote cement factory in anambra state does that make it anambra company? Like wise china Europe and America including Japan and Korea built a lots of factory in China for cheap labour,Lg made in China is China owner of lg?
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2017
nnokwa042:
[s]then since ur wooding god did not teach u anything discard it,for technology we re still living in america and Europe cus every technology in this world is owned be them,if dangote decides to open dangote cement factory in anambra state does that make it anambra company? Like wise china Europe and America including Japan and Korea built a lots of factory in China for cheap labour,Lg made in China is China owner of lg?[/s]

How does the nonsense you wrote up there make any sense to you? What technology has your own god taught you?

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Sall(m): 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
afroniger:
If Yoruba people are not careful, they will allow both imported religions to destroy their land.

Something need to be done urgently about this two religion's.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by gregyboy(m): 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
nnokwa042:
ur wood god did not protect u from white man to conquer ur people , ur people were taking as slaves still ur wooding god did not rescue them to,ur wooding god did not teach u how to produce planes cars mobile phones lap tops ur wooding god must be olodo

No. most men who created those technology u mentioned where mostly not Christian or arabs they belong to other religion some didnt even worship any.if u read “philosophy of logic” at 100l u will know that development didn't just start at d age of faith i.e d age where religion had strong hold it started wen pple like aristole started doubting thier religion to d extent he was even poisoned by his people for blasphemy agains is religion and he was never a Christan but a traditional worshiper same as egypt and.
african never left d age of faith before the white people arrived. even when the white were already at d age of science two steps ahead of the africans. africans were too strong in thier religion they never saw a reason to cross to the age of reasoning they always believe thier gods to do wonders as they wishes “forgetting that yea are gods on earth”
but the white knew these was never possible so decide to be gods on thier own and make things happen..

# Vikings#@ ragnar lothbroke#...
note: is still a pity africans have still not yet crossed from the age of faith not to talk of age of reasoning we just dey dis world like paste and tooth brush
Aristotle quoted: religion is d master mind of intoxication harder than drugs kills like poison
and thanks for d two likes dieing to have likes since on my comment final got two thanks for to d both likers

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
maykam:
grin
calm down bro, you ranting won't change what i'll charge your sister as "groom price"
and that doesn't change the fact i'll exchange you for some piece of suya grin
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by oodualover: 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

How does the nonsense you wrote up there make any sense to you? What technology has your own god taught you?

He won't be able to aswer you. Yet, they open churches and mosques all over the place. In a street, you must see a church.
The white men that gave them bible were the ones that chained their hands and legs and sold them as slaves.
The black man traded his sense for the bible and koran.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by ProWalker: 5:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
neoOduduwa:
Fisile. Enu lasan l'oni. Ti won ba gba l'oruka, abi ti won na ni oonde. Ara e ma bale grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mo ti re'rin yo cheesy
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
oodualover:

He won't be able to aswer you. Yet, they open churches and mosques all over the place. In a street, you must see a church.
The white men that gave them bible were the ones that chained their hands and legs and sold them as slaves.

The bold is the truth I struggled with for a long time even as a practicing Christian yet it wasn't enough for me to drop it. Cognitive dissonance cheesy

While we were praying, they were preying on us cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by gregyboy(m): 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

The bold is the truth I struggled with for a long time even as a practicing Christian yet it wasn't enough for me to drop it. Cognitive dissonance cheesy

While we were praying, they were preying on us cheesy

pls everyone should watch the birth of a nation and get inspired
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
ProWalker:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mo ti re'rin yo cheesy
grin

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by maykam(m): 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
some piece of suya! Compare that with what your sister will feel when I'm done with her, she won't be able to differentiate whether it's pain or pleasure. grin
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
some piece of suya! Compare that with what your sister will feel when I'm done with her, she won't be able to differentiate whether it's pain or pleasure.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by akigbemaru: 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Olu317(m): 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jetleeee:

Ooni has done some bullocks things since he got crowned breh

Let's call a spade a spade.
Bullocks as how? Can you do me the honour and name them. There are things in life, one need be cautious about what one type or say. Irrespective of Ooni's flaw as a mortal, should anyone who is a descendant of Yoruba not accept him for who he is. Even though he isnt perfect. Odu'a had his own flaw as human likewise Oranmiyan , or were you told they were perfect men ? Ooni Ogunwusi may not know too much about our ancestors,still doesn't give anyone of Yoruba descent to disrespect him. Understanding Jesus or Ela or Eledumare is divine. A seeker of wisdom must always learn to be prudent with words else the wisest one(Eledumare) take away wisdom from such individual. As far as the truth be told even you don't have deep knowledge of who were the first set of Yoruba or where Yoruba came from. Be wiser than the wise ones and let the wisest one teach you the deeper things of life. Just try not to be too emotional about the present Ooni of ILE IFE
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
maykam:

some piece of suya! Compare that with what your sister will feel when I'm done with her, she won't be able to differentiate whether it's pain or pleasure. grin
some piece of suya! Compare that with what your sister will feel when I'm done with her, she won't be able to differentiate whether it's pain or pleasure.
lmao cheesy, so you are now ranting about sex i'm not surprised since that's what monkey do...Sex and sleep. If i had a sister, i'd have protected her from monkeys like you to avoid contracting monkeypox. Please leave Ibadan and go back to the forest where you do have sex with gorrilas. cheesy . Btw i heard you are still single at 30 , never mind i forgot no one wants an ugly broke monkey @30. grin grin
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Olu317(m): 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
holatunde1759:

Hmmm....The wise ones will understand.
Yes of course ,you are right.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
i agree fully and will now rant!! angry

Both Abrahamic religions of Christianity and Islam are a cancer. Useless religions that aim to project totally foreign cultures of Jews and Arabs on us Africans. Christians believe and affirm that a snake talked to Eve and a virgin gave birth without sex, Muslims believe angel Gabriel brought Koran to Muhammad and he also split the moon in 2 yet they laugh at the traditionalist for asserting that oduduwa came from heaven with a cock. If you have the right to lie to yourselves, why deny me mine? Is it your lie? angry

Hypocrites of the 2 religions everywhere. Taking oath of office with the Bible and Koran yet no fidelity in the corridors of power. Christian and Muslim politicians sharing money in abuja leaving the masses to be fighting over the useless religions in the streets. They should start oath taking with sango and Ogun!!

Christian leaders stealing, amassing jets etc at the expense of their poor members, Muslim leaders cradle robbing, amassing wives and encouraging extremist behavior in the youth. With all the religion in the country, what do we have to show for it?

What would it for our young people to realize that every land creates its own gods? Christianity and Islam spread round the world because Jews and Arabs are very wicked folks who don't believe in live and let live. See the carnage in the old testament and that in Islamic history and you wonder why we ever had anything to do with such blood thirstiness. Yoruba is at home with syncretism and I appreciate those adherents of islam and Christianity who do theirs with sense, remembering they're Yoruba before any foreign religion.

Edumare bless oba Lamidi, himself a Muslim but not oblivious to the danger posed by these foreign religions to our identity. If I ever pick up religion again, it'll be isese. At least I'll know I'm honouring the memory of my ancestors and not se foreign beasts who have nothing but contempt for me and my culture angry

Ur user name shows u don't believe what ur typing
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Olu317(m): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
ooni insulted entire yoruba race when he declared jesus is bigger than all our gods.

Shut the fhuck up.
You think you can insult everyone online?. I don't blame people like you whose history is perpetually watery. It is on you.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Olu317(m): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
ooni insulted entire yoruba race when he declared jesus is bigger than all our gods.

Shut the fhuck up.
You think you can insult everyone online?. I don't blame people like you whose history is perpetually watery. It is on you.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by EvilMetahuman: 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
Olu317:
again, shut the fhuck up if you don't have anything meaningful to say.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 7:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Ur user name shows u don't believe what ur typing

Exactly!! It must have shown you that I worship shuku okuko bambiala angry

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by zein313: 7:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
Yoruba culture is full of practices that go against the religion of God so it's a normal thing for religion to overshadow it.
Though I am proud Yoruba, I don't do things in my culture that go against my religion
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by codemaniacs: 7:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
kk
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nowenuse: 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
i'm fully in support. Christianity and islam should be wiped off our land. I'll rather serve Ogun than one foooking geeehova.
codemaniacs:

what practices

practices you heard about and never bothered to verify or are u using nollywoodd's depiction of traditions as the answer...

Yoruba itself is a religion... Your religion is full practices that go against the Yoruba culture, your religion overshadows your views of Yoruba culture not other peoples views...

there is no religion greater than Yoruba culture anyone who claims to be Yoruba and comments gibberish like you have just done is suffering from mental slavery.
EvilMetahuman:
again, shut the fhuck up if you don't have anything meaningful to say.

Shameless traditionalists!

No wonder human sacrifice and rituals is still the order of the day in Yoruba land. You want people to go back to an uncivilized culture of witch craft and human rituals?
Are you guys enjoying the status of South west as the ritualist headquarters of Africa? I pray you or your family member will be used for human rituals. Nonsense

Why did the traditional religion and gods of our fore fathers not save us from European invasion and colonization?

oodualover:

Stop saying rubbish. The colonialists were different from the missionaries, even though they were of same race
Don't forget that these missionaries also gave us schools, hospitals e t c which we and our illiterate fathers benefitted from. If not for them, we would have still been killing twins by now
Can you justify these inhumane practices?
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by EvilMetahuman: 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2017
[s]
Nowenuse:

Shameless traditionalists!

No wonder human sacrifice and rituals is still the order of the day in Yoruba land. You want people to go back to an uncivilized culture of witch craft and human rituals?
Are you guys enjoying the status of South west as the ritualist headquarters of Africa? I pray you or your family member will be used for human rituals. Nonsense

Why did the traditional religion and gods of our fore fathers not save us from European invasion and colonization?
[/s]what is this osu urine drinker saying?
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Odukol(m): 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2017
who does that in this 21st century when the world is advancing people are now going to other planets who family root even help self its even better becos there are cursed family if u are born into such family what would u do
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nowenuse: 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]what is this osu urine drinker saying?

Ignoramus. Check my profile, posts, e t c I am not Igbo but from the middlebelt.

What are people like you doing about the human rituals which your traditional religion has brought on us?
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by zein313: 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
codemaniacs:

what practices

practices you heard about and never bothered to verify or are u using nollywoodd's depiction of traditions as the answer...

Yoruba itself is a religion... Your religion is full practices that go against the Yoruba culture, your religion overshadows your views of Yoruba culture not other peoples views...

there is no religion greater than Yoruba culture anyone who claims to be Yoruba and comments gibberish like you have just done is suffering from mental slavery.

Where was Yoruba when religion was
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by EvilMetahuman: 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
[s]
Nowenuse:

Ignoramus. Check my profile, posts, e t c I am not Igbo but from the middlebelt.

What are people like you doing about the human rituals which your traditional religion has brought on us?
[/s]who gave a fhuck where a brainless dunce came from?

This thread is about yorubas and for yorubas.

Brainless dolts are not welcome here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is The Most Common Name In Your Tribe? / “Marriage Not On My Mind”, Ooni Of Ife Debunks Rumour Of Marrying Tope Adesegun / Nasiru Ado-Bayero, Emir Of Bichi Coronation (Full Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.