Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,252 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:19 AM

Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? (22728 Views)

Why Do Most Breadwinner Wives Deprive Their Husbands Intimacy In Marriage? / What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? / Lady Cursed For Being Pregnant Out Of Wedlock Becomes Family's Breadwinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
This is just like saying because the maid cooks,cleans and takes Care of the kids,she is the Woman of the house.

4 Likes

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by lilmax(m): 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
Daeylar:

Everyone should do what works for them and also find a partner who agrees with their views and stop trying to impose their views on others.

Cc tintingz
this is it

2 Likes

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Jsaviour(f): 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
Flame4chi:

yes I am a christian.. The Bible Said "anyone" not "any man" that passage shouldn't be use in this context.

Let me quote it for you so you know it should actaully be used in this scenario.

King James Version
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Note the words He and his
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Jsaviour(f): 10:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
This is just like saying because the maid cooks,cleans and takes Care of the kids,she is the Woman of the house.

Remember the trend " a wife that cannot cook, is that one a wife"?

Shouldn't same apply to the man

4 Likes

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
Gustavo404:

Too much common sense embedded in u. kiss An open cheque or a trip to Dubai, ma'am? grin kiss Even if it's a faceless forum u earned my respect today, ma'am. ✊�
Thanks for the open cheque offer but I think I'll pass. grin
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by delishpot: 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
mmsen:

Does the wife also offer physical protection?

Does the wife also keep a cool head when things aren't going well?

Is the wife accountable for her actions?

What protection can a bully give? Rather the wife would need protection from his abuse.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by tintingz(m): 10:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
Daeylar:

I agree, it depends on the people involved, the problem comes when people refuse to leave it up to the people involved to choose what works best for them and starts forcing them to choose the man as the head of the home simply because of religion or tradition which is not what the couple want.

As far as I'm concerned, the neutral home where the man and woman work together and no one is ruled is best, everyone is equal,

Everyone should do what works for them and also find a partner who agrees with their views and stop trying to impose their views on others.

So therefore if a woman doesn't believe that a man should be the head of the home, if a woman doesn't believe that there should even be a head of the home, it should be respected instead of people trying to change her views becuasw of religion or whatever,

Cc tintingz
Well said, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by offshoreking: 10:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
These are the reason why some ladies are going astray because of this nonsense. Bet me all the people here talking trash can do anything to answer mans name, they will come online to deceive the others. Let me answer your question. Is only when the table turn around, you can go to mans family and ask your man family for his hand in marriage then you can talk of been the head of union. As far as is the man that got married to you, you will remain under him till una separate, man is the head of every family irrespective of the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by delishpot: 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
Flame4chi:

yes I am a christian.. The Bible Said "anyone" not "any man" that passage shouldn't be use in this context.

Bible said a man not anyone. If your Bible says anyone then it has been edited.
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by tintingz(m): 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
We are talking about married couples, the maid is only doing her job as she is instructed and will get her monthly salary or wages.

1 Like

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by victorioushands: 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
Children of Bellial. Why not ask if the man can become pregnant since the wife is barren? The love of money is the root of all evil. A woman cannot be the head of the home even if the man is deaf, dumb, blind, crippled and poor, and not even if she is the one feeding his entire generation. Marriage is a spiritual thing, your carnality is no excuse. And, in marriage, MAN IS THE HEAD. You can give any other excuse from here to thy kingdom come, you would be kicking against the goad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by tintingz(m): 10:43pm On Oct 10, 2017
adepeter2027:

Lmao

Religion is a normal flora of most Nigerians
I tire my brother.
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Olaniyi4(m): 10:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
Do u give the role of the head to the neck just because head dey ache??
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by tintingz(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jsaviour:

Lol, I also asked same question, double standard syndrome is really affecting Africans. grin

1 Like

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by tintingz(m): 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
femolii:
Man is the head of the family mean y women are from our ribs. to be a head of a family is by nature no matter d problem the man is facing, even among animals they have lead or head
Women might come from your tiny ribs but not from my ribs, this is degrading to the women folks.

And religious women sucked this myth up.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Daeylar(f): 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jsaviour:

grin grin

How can he remember such? They only remember as it benefits them grin everything else is forgotten, grin grin

If a woman is not submissive as is commanded in their bible, they would start foaming at the mouth and use the bible to preach,, but the same bible that says that if a man cannot provide for his household he is worse than an infidel they overlook it. It's not important grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Jsaviour(f): 10:51pm On Oct 10, 2017
Being the breadwinner doesn't make one any head or tail neither do I think there should be anything like head or tail.
A man and a woman deserve respect and love from each other. Man cordinates the home, the woman keeps the home and things move smoothly.
But when one start lording over the other or start expecting more than what he or she is giving in the home then the person needs his or her head to be thoroughly examined.

One should be contributing to the positive growth of a home before he or she can expect any responsibility from the other.

Not for someone here to say even if the man is a drunkard or whatever, he is still the head.

Is that what the religion, tradition or logical sense or whatever you believe taught you?.

Do what works for you and you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 10, 2017
smiley... are we still in the era of head of the house?
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by tintingz(m): 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
Mrkumareze:
Op, in this case you don't have to outcast the view emanating from religion and tradition. Marriage is a union instituted either by tradition or religion guidelines therefore we must view your query from the two points and other(s) if any.
Man is ordained to be the head of family, the wealth of a woman can never turn her to man, remember marriage is not all about the financial aspect of it, it has more like respect and control which is an embodiment to man.
Marriage by court is neutral.

It is not a must one marry by religion or tradition, you can simply go to the court and make it legal.
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by loswhite(m): 10:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
tintingz:
Logic is better.
is it deductive or inductive?
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by kenodrill: 10:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
alexialin:
No.

The man is the head of the home, irrespective of the wife taking care of the bills.

For me, as long as he's responsible in character and have seen how hard he tries to break thru. Then why not? He's the head, whether I spend my hard earned money on him or not.

But in Jesus name, the man I will marry will have more money than me amen.
Nice one dear.... How I wish I can 've ur kind of woman.

1 Like

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Jsaviour(f): 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2017
tintingz:
Lol, I also asked same question, double standard syndrome is really affecting Africans. grin

I dey tell you, high level of double standard.
Talk this nonsense close to my brothers and they will kick you out. I love the men my parents trained, they believe in equal respect and right for all- man or woman

Which kind yeye rib, head, tail and bombom.
Nonsense and ingredients

1 Like

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Ediomo12(m): 10:57pm On Oct 10, 2017
It doesn't matter how poor the husband may be...... But what i know is that, A one wrip cannot control one hundred wrips
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Jsaviour(f): 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
Olaniyi4:
Do u give the role of the head to the neck just because head dey ache??

Can I know what makes one the head please?
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Paulosky1900: 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
alexialin:

Well buhari is NOT my husband. And the role of buhari to this country is different from the role of my husband at home.

U can't compare politics or duties in the workplace to duties at home.

A man has always been the head irrespective of whether he has money or not.
Anybody that's rich be it man or woman is not by our power at all.
It's either by the grace of God or by the grace of the devil.

So if I am successful more than my husband? It's not because I have two heads and he has one head, neither is it because am the only one who knows how to work smart and see results. Everything in this life is by backed up by Grace . And not only by Individual powers.

Anyways av been taught from my teenage years, a Man is always the head of the home. While the wife is his support system.

I will still care ,love and respect him, knowing fully well he will become successful once again, and someday.

If my husband and kids are happy. I am happy and my business will flourish.
But if my husband is not happy but depressed due to my actions towards him cause he has no money for nw, it will affect my business and state of mind.

And that's why am very careful not to make a mistake of marrying a drama king, or a sadist.
Such kind of men can't even date, how much more settle down with.

So for me o, I don't know of other women out there.

My husband remains the head of our home through thick or thin, in richness or in poverty, sickness and in good health. He's the head.

Shikena.

BABE YOUR TYPE IS RARE,cant believe a female wrote this.....I CLAIM YOUR KIND OF GIRL AS MY FUTURE WIFE IN JESUS NAME AMEN!!!!

1 Like

Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by zoeshalom(m): 11:02pm On Oct 10, 2017
tintingz:
Hello folks.

I want to know if the husband still earn/deserve the position of "head of the house" if the wife is the breadwinner?

Is the "head of the house" earned or a birth right for men?

I understand some men lost their job and their wife took/take up the responsibilities but what happens when the wife is the one keep doing it for years, no positive move from the husband?

* I'm not a religious person nor traditional person, so don't use your religious/traditional view as the ultimate/superior answer, just comment your views on this.
The op is as confused as his post. you are already in violation of your said rules, no religion or traditional based opinion, but you can use social stereotypes?
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by tintingz(m): 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jsaviour:

I dey tell you, high level of double standard.
Talk this nonsense close to my brothers and they will kick you out. I love the men my parents trained, they believe in equal respect and right for all- man or woman

Which kind yeye rib, head, tail and bombom.
Nonsense and ingredients
Lol, how can people believe a full grown woman with all the organism, cell, tissue in her body came out from a man's tiny ribs still baffles me and I believed in this myths for years.
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Daeylar(f): 11:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
tintingz:
Well said, thank you.

smiley
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by tintingz(m): 11:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
zoeshalom:
The op is as confused as his post. you are already in violation of your said rules, no religion or traditional based opinion, but you can use social stereotypes?
No, wrong, I said don't use your religious and traditional opinion as the ultimate answer to this. Don't misquote me. Where did I use social stereotype?

Just make it neutral.
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by firmphem: 11:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
Okay noted. Next person pls.
alexialin:
No.

The man is the head of the home, irrespective of the wife taking care of the bills.

For me, as long as he's responsible in character and have seen how hard he tries to break thru. Then why not? He's the head, whether I spend my hard earned money on him or not.

But in Jesus name, the man I will marry will have more money than me amen.
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by ziga: 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
It seems like in Naija breadwinner is a synonym for man. Lol
Re: Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
tintingz:
Hello folks.

I want to know if the husband still earn/deserve the position of "head of the house" if the wife is the breadwinner?

Is the "head of the house" earned or a birth right for men?

I understand some men lost their job and their wife took/take up the responsibilities but what happens when the wife is the one keep doing it for years, no positive move from the husband?

* I'm not a religious person nor traditional person, so don't use your religious/traditional view as the ultimate/superior answer, just comment your views on this.

No the man is still the head of the home and respected as such as I was taught I won’t change the dynamics of the home if we put God first.

The important thing is he is still contributing to the home in other ways no one should be treated anyhow and hounded for not being able to provide either because poverty is never a choice.

When you get married your supposed to drop The I for the We so that role switch shouldn’t happen but it does.

In any home it’s best to not Rob anyone Of their personal peace and lord over them no one is perfect sure there will be days you’ll get mad but maturity is when you can admit your shortcomings and work through them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Women, DNA Testing Is Not A Home Breaker: It Can Vindicate You (opinion) / This Person Is Missing / Should I Avoid My Mom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.