Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,222 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary (2359 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being 'Consecrated' to 'Immaculate Heart of Mary'
By Heather Clark on October 9, 2017

A number of Roman Catholic dioceses nationwide—and also globally—have been consecrating themselves to the "immaculate heart of Mary" throughout 2017, a practice that evangelicals say is unbiblical and gives to the earthly mother of Jesus the devotion that should be bestowed to Christ alone.

"We are uniting ourselves to her who opens up the way for God to enter, and we are uniting our hearts to her immaculate heart, the one heart that is perfectly united to the Sacred Heart of Jesus," James Johnston Jr. of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, Missouri told the National Catholic Register.

The consecrations are being conducted as 2017 marks the 100th year since the purported 1917 apparitions of Mary to child shepherds in Fatima, Portugal. The apparitions were stated to have taken place on the 13th of each month over a six-month period.
"God desires to establish in the world devotion to my immaculate heart," Mary was quoted as stating during one of the appearances to the children. "To whomever embraces this devotion I promise salvation; these souls shall be dear to God, as flowers placed by me to adorn His throne."

Diocese in Pennsylvania, California, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Colorado, New York and other states have already conducted consecration ceremonies, with more to follow for the remainder of the year.

"This is one way we can ask Mary to guide us and watch over us during implementation [of the Priorities]," Mary Woodward, chancellor for the Diocese of Jackson, Mississippi told the outlet Mississippi Catholic.

They conducted their consecration on Sunday, Oct. 8.

The Diocese of Santa Rosa, California announced in a recent letter that it plans to dedicate every parish and mission under its jurisdiction to Mary during services on Dec. 9 and 10 between the Catholic feasts of the Immaculate Conception and Our Lady of Guadalupe.
It also provided notice that those interested can participate in an online Marian Consecration Preparation Program.

"In our consecration we state, 'We consecrate to you (Mary) our very being and our whole life; all that we have, all that we love, all that we are,'" the notice, issued by Robert Vasa, outlines.

"It is an act of trust in the love God has for us and in the love our blessed mother has for us," it continues. "We entrust ourselves to Her maternal care with profound confidence and love. We trust that, having given over everything we have and are to Her protection and even Her dominion, we then rely on Her to distribute merits and graces where they are most needed."

On Oct. 13, the date of the last of the Fatima apparitions, Donald Wuerl, the Roman Catholic archbishop of Washington, plans to consecrate the entire United States to Mary at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.

"Many people are worried about the state of the world," Connie Schneider of Children of the Eucharist told reporters. "This is something everyone can participate in; to light a candle and to entrust families, our country and the world to the care of Our Lady of Fatima."

Schneider's organization, as well as the group Missionaries of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, are the main sponsors of the event. The candlelight rosary procession and entrustment prayer will be broadcast live on EWTN to over 140 countries. According to the National Catholic Register, EWTN is also airing a new film this week entitled "Queen of Heaven: Mary’s Battle for Souls" to coincide with the Oct. 13 observance.
Diocese in Denver, Colorado; Minneapolis, Minnesota and Phoenix, Arizona will also hold ceremonies on that date.

However, while Roman Catholics have expressed an excitement about the consecrations, opining that they are a work of God in the world, others find the observances concerning as they attribute to Mary the devotion and surrender that only belongs to Christ.

"It is not surprising to see many Catholic dioceses across America falling deeper into apostasy," Mike Gendron of Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries told Christian News Network. "Part of Rome's apostasy includes their exaltation of Mary as the 'cause of salvation for herself and for the whole human race' (Catechism of the Catholic church paragraph 494). Catholics look to her as another sinless mediator who brings them 'the gifts of eternal salvation' (CCC, para 969)."

"It is no wonder that far more Catholic Churches are named after Mary than the Name above all names," he lamented.

Gendron said that some of the comments made by Roman Catholic bishops in regard to the entrustment ceremonies, such as those of Robert Vasa, wrongfully suggest that Mary has powers and attributes just like the Godhead.

"To suggest that she has supernatural or divine power to protect people within her dominion and also to be the source of divine grace is blasphemy," he declared. "Many people are unaware of Roman Catholicism's treasury of merit, which contain the merits of Mary that are co-mingled with the inexhaustible merits of Christ (CCC. para. 1477). The Catholic bishops teach that these merits can be distributed to souls suffering in purgatory through indulgences."

Gendron, a former Roman Catholic of 30 years, says that his heart breaks in observing many being deceived by such practices.

"The tragedy in all this is that Catholics are led astray from a pure devotion to Christ (2 Cor. 11:3)," he stated. "Not only are they being deceived by another Jesus which always leads to another gospel, they are also being deceived by another Mary (2 Cor. 11:4)."

"My heart is full of compassion for Catholics who are where I was for over half my life: believing I belonged to the one true Church, but destined for an eternity in hell because I believed Rome's false and fatal gospel," Gendron continued.

"This is the very nature of deception! People do not know they are deceived until they are lovingly confronted with the truth. This truth has been entrusted to every born again Christian and we need to challenge Catholics in their unbelief," he exhorted. "Their only hope is repent and trust Christ alone for the salvation of their souls."

Source: http://christiannews.net/2017/10/09/roman-catholic-dioceses-nationwide-being-consecrated-to-immaculate-heart-of-mary/

Is this also happening in Nigeria? undecided

1 Share

Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being 'Consecrated' to 'Immaculate Heart of Mary'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLg4i-IscGU
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Source: http://christiannews.net/2017/10/09/roman-catholic-dioceses-nationwide-being-consecrated-to-immaculate-heart-of-mary/

IT IS WELL WITH OUR CATHOLIC BROTHER'S AND SISTER'S THROUGH CHRIST JESUS...AMEN!
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

It's not new for Nigerian Catholics or Catholics worldwide.
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
One of the prayers goes thus:

St. Louis de Montfort’s Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

I, ____insert name________, a faithless sinner– renew and ratify today in thy hands, O Immaculate Mother, the vows of my Baptism; I renounce forever Satan, his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before.

In the presence of all the heavenly court I choose thee this day, for my Mother and Mistress. I deliver and consecrate to thee, as thy slave, my body and soul, my goods, both interior and exterior, and even the value of all my good actions, past, present and future; leaving to thee the entire and full right of disposing of me, and all that belongs to me, without exception, according to thy good pleasure, for the greater glory of God, in time and in eternity. Amen.
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

IT IS WELL WITH OUR CATHOLIC BROTHER'S AND SISTER'S THROUGH CHRIST JESUS...AMEN!

It is well in the well. cool
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:37pm On Oct 13, 2017
9inches:

It's not new for Nigerian Catholics or Catholics worldwide.

So they too are worshipping or venerating the "Queen of Heaven?" undecided

Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Ven·er·ate: verb
regard with great respect; revere.
"Mother Teresa is venerated as a saint"
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2017
9inches:

Ven·er·ate: verb
regard with great respect; revere.
"Mother Teresa is venerated as a saint"

Do you know of anyone who was regarded or venerated as the "Queen of Heaven" in the Bible? undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Do you know of anyone who was regarded or venerated as the "Queen of Heaven" in the Bible? undecided

Is it against biblical teaching?
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
9inches:

Is it against biblical teaching?

Why don't you search for "Queen of Heaven?" Google is your friend. cheesy
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Why don't you search for "Queen of Heaven?" Google is your friend. cheesy

I do know where it is seen in the bible.

Do you know where Catholics base their teaching concerning the queenship of Mary?
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2017
9inches:

Do you know where Catholics base their teaching concerning the queenship of Mary?

If its found in the Bible why wouldn't you quote it for us to see? Afterall any body claiming to be Christian must use the Bible teaching as an excuse for their conduct and worship.
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

If its found in the Bible why wouldn't you quote it for us to see? Afterall any body claiming to be Christian must use the Bible teaching as an excuse for their conduct and worship.

I answered your question:
9inches:

Then I asked you a question:
9inches:
I will also add, are you a bible-only christian; do you adopt the sola scriptura doctrine?

Establish your own notion first, so we can ascertain where you have problems understanding. See it as conducting a diagnosis before administering any sort of treatment.
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by sonmvayina(m): 9:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
It is been done in Nigeria. Benin archdiocese is the host, just left there now, Mary appeared and everybody saw her....she then sent a shower of blessing to everyone present..

I left a while ago. But my wife is staying as it is all night vigil...

I dey with one oshere for house now, I go discharge her early in the morning before wify show..it is costing me 3k5...
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by sonmvayina(m): 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Mary is also inanna, Venus,Aphrodite,Ishtar, Shiva,...olokun.....Lucifer,the morning star..

She is the queen of heaven and the goddess of death and destruction...
You will really love her if you open your mind and learn the full story..she is our mother... And loves us all..
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by Uyi168: 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2017
sonmvayina:
It is been done in Nigeria. Benin archdiocese is the host, just left there now, Mary appeared and everybody saw her....she then sent a shower of blessing to everyone present..

I left a while ago. But my wife is staying as it is all night vigil...

I dey with one oshere for house now, I go discharge her early in the morning before wify show..it is costing me 3k5...
..Although u are lying,i go still hail u..badoo sneh

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by sonmvayina(m): 8:49am On Oct 14, 2017
Uyi168:
..Although u are lying,i go still hail u..badoo sneh

Lol, you mean the last part? Yea....fear gre let me, no oshere oh

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by Uyi168: 9:51am On Oct 14, 2017
sonmvayina:

Lol, you mean the last part? Yea....fear gre let me, no oshere oh .
..lolz..
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 10:44am On Oct 14, 2017
sonmvayina:

Mary is also inanna, Venus,Aphrodite,Ishtar, Shiva,...olokun.....Lucifer,the morning star..

You will really love her if you open your mind and learn the full story..she is our mother... And loves us all..

Which of the Mary(s) are you talking about?
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
9inches:

I answered your question:

Then I asked you a question:
I will also add, are you a bible-only christian; do you adopt the sola scriptura doctrine?

Establish your own notion first, so we can ascertain where you have problems understanding. See it as conducting a diagnosis before administering any sort of treatment.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above or that is in the earth beneath or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me" (Exodus 20:4-5).

Yes, am a Bible only Christian, adopting the sola scriptura. The second commandment clearly prohibits any use of images or statues in place of worshipping or adorating the Creator. This key commandment which I don't believe exists in the Roman Catholic Bible, says that we shall not make ourselves any graven images, and that we shall not bow down to anything but God.
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
sonmvayina:

Is that the "Queen of heaven" that Roman Catholics adore? undecided

Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 4:57am On Oct 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above or that is in the earth beneath or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me" (Exodus 20:4-5).

Yes, am a Bible only Christian, adopting the sola scriptura. The second commandment clearly prohibits any use of images or statues in place of worshipping or adorating the Creator. This key commandment which I don't believe exists in the Roman Catholic Bible, says that we shall not make ourselves any graven images, and that we shall not bow down to anything but God.

For you to hold to the reformation theory of sola scriptura, you should be ready to prove from the bible that the bible is the only rule of faith. Can you do that please?
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by sonmvayina(m): 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Is that the "Queen of heaven" that Roman Catholics adore? undecided

Yes, she is....the Christian just renamed her Mary and Jesus... In their own version.
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by sonmvayina(m): 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
9inches:

Which of the Mary(s) are you talking about?

Mary the mother of Jesus, in early writings she was known as Mary Lucifer or Mary the light bearer..
.it was Jerome who edited it out on the other of the pope in his Vulgate version.
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 11:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
sonmvayina:

Mary the mother of Jesus, in early writings she was known as Mary Lucifer or Mary the light bearer..
.it was Jerome who edited it out on the other of the pope in his Vulgate version.

I would love to read where you got that from.
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:58am On Oct 16, 2017
9inches:

For you to hold to the reformation theory of sola scriptura, you should be ready to prove from the bible that the bible is the only rule of faith. Can you do that please?

This link has comprehensively dealt with your question: https://www.nairaland.com/1978349/what-sola-scriptura
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

This link has comprehensively dealt with your question: https://www.nairaland.com/1978349/what-sola-scriptura

“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).

Second Timothy 2:15 declares, “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”

(2 Timothy 4:2).
The above quoted verses said nothing about sola scriptura.

The following are some of the replies to your post.
From What I Understd From Dis Write Up Is Dat Sola Scriptural Is Unbiblical And A Tradition Of Man
Dear op, I know the arguments on Sola Scriptural quite well and more than substantial teachings of the Catholic Church for those who profess Sola Scriptural. I will only make one reference from your post and if am chanced to come on some other day, I will post other answers.

The Catholics pray to Mary and according to you, it is unbiblical. Below is the prayer as it is said.
'Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with you.
Blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death Amen'

Now, open your bible to gospel of St Luke 1:28. That's the first part of the above prayer. Read further down from verses 29ff.
Again, Lk 1:41-43. is the second part of the prayer.
The third part of the prayer is the affirmation of the church on what the angel, Elizabeth and Mary proclaimed. Refer to Lk 1:48 and also Jn 2:1-5.

The only group I feel for are my fellow Catholics whom when asked where is it in the Scripture? They began to look left, right, front and back.
On a final note dear friend, the Catholic Church believes in the sacred Scripture and sacred Tradition.
The bible doesn't teach sola scriptura as your article clearly says.

Why should i follow a man made tradition made in the 16th century?
The same Olaadegbu that will adopt extra biblical event to justify falsehood is here talking about sola scriptura? The day he stop copying from too many sites and learn the word by himself, maybe he will agree with same sola scriptura. That's when we take him serious. .. grin
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
9inches:

The above quoted verses said nothing about sola scriptura.

The following are some of the replies to your post.

Maybe you should have read the whole article in addition to what you quoted. undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Maybe you should have read the whole article in addition to what you quoted. undecided

I did read the whole article before replying. I am sure those I quoted read it as well.

Is there any verse in the bible you can refer us to that talks about sola scriptura?
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
9inches:

I did read the whole article before replying. I am sure those I quoted read it as well.

Is there any verse in the bible you can refer us to that talks about sola scriptura?

Check it out here:

"And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another" (1 Corinthians 4:6).

https://www.nairaland.com/4042886/what-five-solas
Re: Roman Catholic Dioceses Nationwide Being Consecrated To Immaculate Heart Of Mary by 9inches(m): 11:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Check it out here:

"And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another" (1 Corinthians 4:6).

https://www.nairaland.com/4042886/what-five-solas

(2 Thessalonians 2:15) "Stand fast and hold firm to the traditions that you were taught, either by an oral statement or by a letter of ours". Paul must have been talking out of both sides of his mouth, on one side demanding adherence to the written word only, and on the other urging fastidious adherence to both written and oral tradition. What do you think?

Also, (3 John 13-14) " I have much to write you, but I do not want to do so with pen and ink. I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face." Why would John emphasize his preference for oral tradition over written tradition in this instance if, as you assert, the scripture is superior to oral tradition?

In the very first letter of Paul to the Corinthians (1 Corinthians 11:2), "I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you." What does he mean by that, if earlier on in the same letter (1 Corinthians 4:6), advocates sola scriptura?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seeing Oneself Naked In Dreams. What Does It Mean? / Happy Easter Sunday / Who Was The First Pope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.