Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,436 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Future Of SIM Cards: The eSIM, What Is It? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Future Of SIM Cards: The eSIM, What Is It? (5264 Views)

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / NCC Arrests 5 Suspects For Fraudulent Registration Of SIM Cards / Abia Police Arrest Syndicate Over Pre-registration Of SIM Cards (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Future Of SIM Cards: The eSIM, What Is It? by espn(m): 7:03am On Oct 11, 2017
Datevilme:

Inside the phone na
what if am changing my device?
Re: Future Of SIM Cards: The eSIM, What Is It? by LOVEGINO(m): 7:40am On Oct 11, 2017
bot101:

That it is embedded means it will come with the phone. To register with MTN for example, you'll have to go to MTN office, give them the phone, they'll configure it, and you are good to go. Want to switch to Airtel? Go to an Airtel service center, and they'll do the same process if you don't want to port the number (you'll get a different number), or you can just port the number to Airtel, voila!! Making sense??
I expect it to work like, on your phone, go to network setting, search for available network and select network of your choice.
Re: Future Of SIM Cards: The eSIM, What Is It? by timbs001(m): 9:12am On Oct 11, 2017
bot101:

That it is embedded means it will come with the phone. To register with MTN for example, you'll have to go to MTN office, give them the phone, they'll configure it, and you are good to go. Want to switch to Airtel? Go to an Airtel service center, and they'll do the same process if you don't want to port the number (you'll get a different number), or you can just port the number to Airtel, voila!! Making sense??
Yeah, makes sense. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Retrieve My 2go Acct With Another Mobile Number / MTN Free Surf! / Wow! Whatsapp Introduces A Self Destruct Feature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.