Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina (22271 Views)

Atiku Abubakar And Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Posters Flood Social Media / Gbemisola Rukayyat Saraki Senatorial Campaign Posters Flood Social Media. Photos / Ekiti 2018: Fayemi's Posters Flood Ekiti Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by Irukkanews: 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2017
The demand for the release of Comrade Belo Bature who has been in detention since August for criticizing Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State is becoming very loud. Bature a former Student Union leader has allegedly criticized the governor for seeking foreign loan while nothing was done with the billions of Naira Paris fund and other bailouts that his government has received from the federal government. For doing this, the governor allegedly ordered for his arrest for hate speech and since then he has been languishing in detention.

Jubril Auwal, former NANS Financial Secretary told Irukkanews correspondent in Katsina that their demand is that the governor should either release Bature or take him to court, According to him, the only offence that Bature has committed is telling the governor the truth He said the youths in the state are taking the detention very seriously because they feel that the governor is just clamping down on his strong political opponents to pave way for his re- election in 2019.

According to him, Bature had declared his intention to contest against the incumbent governor, adding that with his popularity as a student union leader, he would be a very big threat in the 2019 governorship election in Katsina state. He said the masses of the state feel that it is because of this that the governor decided to put him in the cooler.

"Comrade Bature is a victim of the dirty politics that is going on in Katsina State. I wonder when telling the truth becomes hate speech. Our state is in a mess. Nothing is going on. Even the president is embarrassed with the performance of the governor in the last two years. The governor without being told know that he has failed and if people like Bature should contest against him, he would lose, That is why he locked him up since August just to intimidate him.

So we, the youths in Katsina are calling on the governor to free him or take him to court. Even if he was arrested for hate speech, it is not a treasonable offence that does not warrant bail" Auwal said
Contributing a People's Democratic Party Chieftain in the state, Idris Gidado said that the people of Katsina are already nostalgic about the PDP administration under Governor Shema. According to him, those that voted for change in the state and in the country have seen that it was mis-governance that they voted for. He said all the progress that the PDP made in the state has been reversed by the Masari led APC government in the state. According to him, Bature is a prisoner of conscience. He said the governor has no moral ground to seek foreign loan while nobody saw what he did with the Paris fund and the federal government bailout

Furthermore, he said that the people of Katsina are now wiser, adding that in the last general election, they voted with their heart instead of their head. His words,

" It is very unfortunate what we are now seeing in Katsina state.If you say the truth to government, they would say that it is hate speech. So, we nolonger have the right to hold our public office holders accountable or to ask what they are doing with our money. Governor Masari recieved billions of Naira Paris fund as well as the bailout from the federal government. We have not seen anything that he has used the money to do and now he is seeking another foreign loan and he is expecting us to close our mouths like fools. My advice to him is that he should build more prisons because we will not keep quiet and watch him mortgage the future of unborn children with loans.It will not happen."

http://irukkanews.com/hate-speech-victim-free-bature-posters-flood-katsina-p2573-95.htm

Cc Lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by dannytoe(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
Where are the Arewa youth the masterminds of hate speech and Quit Notice. Untill they are arrested. I dont give a fvck........!!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by dozamethapor(m): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Aluta Continua...
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by CriticMaestro: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
Since when does criticism becomes a hate speech?

14 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by Negotiate: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
Wetin concern me?

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by Naijacost22: 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
So na only people way criticize APC they go jail. But if you do $26 Billion contract scam where you make $0.30 on every barrel of oil nothing go do you. Mean while Nigeria produces 2.2 million barrels a day so that is $660k (2.2M X $0.30) a day and approx $240M a year. OK Oh una still they ask if Buhari na saint?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by MrGreenMavro: 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
na wa for this people
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by capatainrambo: 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
mumu gov
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by Ayo4251(m): 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
Okay
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by PoliticalThuG(m): 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
Buhari Is A Terrorist

15 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by fortunateme: 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
s

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by IgedeBushBoy(m): 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
When a king ant crosses his territory grin
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
xxx24568:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim

Stop telling lies

7 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by free2ryhme: 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
Irukkanews:
The demand for the release of Comrade Belo Bature who has been in detention since August for criticizing Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State is becoming very loud. Bature a former Student Union leader has allegedly criticized the governor for seeking foreign loan while nothing was done with the billions of Naira Paris fund and other bailouts that his government has received from the federal government. For doing this, the governor allegedly ordered for his arrest for hate speech and since then he has been languishing in detention.

Jubril Auwal, former NANS Financial Secretary told Irukkanews correspondent in Katsina that their demand is that the governor should either release Bature or take him to court, According to him, the only offence that Bature has committed is telling the governor the truth He said the youths in the state are taking the detention very seriously because they feel that the governor is just clamping down on his strong political opponents to pave way for his re- election in 2019.

According to him, Bature had declared his intention to contest against the incumbent governor, adding that with his popularity as a student union leader, he would be a very big threat in the 2019 governorship election in Katsina state. He said the masses of the state feel that it is because of this that the governor decided to put him in the cooler.

"Comrade Bature is a victim of the dirty politics that is going on in Katsina State. I wonder when telling the truth becomes hate speech. Our state is in a mess. Nothing is going on. Even the president is embarrassed with the performance of the governor in the last two years. The governor without being told know that he has failed and if people like Bature should contest against him, he would lose, That is why he locked him up since August just to intimidate him.

So we, the youths in Katsina are calling on the governor to free him or take him to court. Even if he was arrested for hate speech, it is not a treasonable offence that does not warrant bail" Auwal said
Contributing a People's Democratic Party Chieftain in the state, Idris Gidado said that the people of Katsina are already nostalgic about the PDP administration under Governor Shema. According to him, those that voted for change in the state and in the country have seen that it was mis-governance that they voted for. He said all the progress that the PDP made in the state has been reversed by the Masari led APC government in the state. According to him, Bature is a prisoner of conscience. He said the governor has no moral ground to seek foreign loan while nobody saw what he did with the Paris fund and the federal government bailout

Furthermore, he said that the people of Katsina are now wiser, adding that in the last general election, they voted with their heart instead of their head. His words,

" It is very unfortunate what we are now seeing in Katsina state.If you say the truth to government, they would say that it is hate speech. So, we nolonger have the right to hold our public office holders accountable or to ask what they are doing with our money. Governor Masari recieved billions of Naira Paris fund as well as the bailout from the federal government. We have not seen anything that he has used the money to do and now he is seeking another foreign loan and he is expecting us to close our mouths like fools. My advice to him is that he should build more prisons because we will not keep quiet and watch him mortgage the future of unborn children with loans.It will not happen."

http://irukkanews.com/hate-speech-victim-free-bature-posters-flood-katsina-p2573-95.htm

Cc Lalasticlala

Black man and greed

see how they are fighting freedom of speech

4 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by bieber58: 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by moses93(m): 3:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
na im mouth put am for trouble so. so make im bear am. I TOO KNOW (I.T.K)
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by adoonyx(m): 3:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
May God help Nigeria
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by bieber58: 3:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
xxx24568:

let me try it.
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by Fimly: 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
bieber58:

let me try it.
It's 100% scam. Be wise
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by mcayomind: 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
what happen to freedom of speech in Nigeria constitution?

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by NezoLee19: 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
bieber58:

let me try it.
My guy Na scam.

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by HMZi: 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
Similar stuff happened in my neighbourhood last month or so..
a lady who owns a hair salon was talking about the the first lady of benue state and talking about the demerits of the present administration,hmmm,she no nor say one strong apc lady was in her salon ..next thing we heard was that dss picked up the lady.she spent a week in their custody and had to rasie 50k for bail.....

this trend of using state resources to clamp down on opponents is crude and evil.... APC una fada...

6 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by deepwater(f): 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others....

G. Orwell

3 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by ResponsibleG: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
APPLY NOW__________
Mercy Johnson Foundation Is Giving 20,000 Nigerian Student Scholarship
www./MeRtNB. www./MeRtNB

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by HMZi: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
moses93:
na im mouth put am for trouble so. so make im bear am. I TOO KNOW (I.T.K)
Please your esteemed sir,can you tell nl what you mean? cos all i see is a citizen's right to free speech,if you are scared bra,others aint....

7 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by bieber58: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
Fimly:

It's 100% scam. Be wise
NezoLee19:
My guy Na scam.
Fimly:

It's 100% scam. Be wise

is working

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by Ebimor96: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by ResponsibleG: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
KCee and E-Money Open Thier Arms Together To Give Nigerian Student Scholarship - Apply

http://myscholarshipschool..com.ng/2017/10/kcee-and-e-money-open-thier-arms.html

Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by PMBtill2023: 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
HATE SPEECH shouldn't be tolerated,infact I support a harder punishment for hate speech...hope Foolish Fani Kayode n useless Asari Dokubo will stop the nonsense they displaying!
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by baylord101(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
xxx24568:
Go and find a cleaner job, nobody will fall victims of your scam.
Re: Hate Speech Victim: Free Bature Posters Flood Katsina by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
Negotiate:
Wetin concern me?
HELP ME ASK[color=#990000][/color] MTCHEEEEEEEW

(1) (2) (Reply)

VP Slot: PDP Dismisses Report Of Wike's Selection As Atiku's Running Mate / Tinubu: I'll Dredge River Niger and develop Baro Port / Soldiers Kill 11 Bandits During Intense Battle In Birnin Gwari, Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.