Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! (4300 Views)

What Do You Say when Yoruba a student get Quality Education in Anambra sta(photo / Guess The Subject / 7 Useful English Phrases To Say When You Forget Something (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
Each time people came to my mum's shop to buy SACHET WATER (pure water), I always here them say "Give me pure water".
When given COLD one but they don't want COLD pure water, they object by saying "No, not COLD WATER... give me HOT ONE".
The water is not hot but why do they say hot water?.

Having seen the four walls of High School and knowing that for water to be hot it must be above the normal room temperature, I always try to avoid this error by saying "I want sachet water that is not cold" but saying this is always cumbersome .

Over to you nairalanders, what do you say when you want to buy SACHET WATER THAT IS NOT COLD? or is there a shorter way to say "I want sachet(pure) water that is not cold"?
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by ayourbamie: 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
I say ordinary.
The opposite of cold is hot, so when something is not cold, it is hot

9 Likes

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
So people wey de say give me hot 1 no well abi?

If e no cold its e hot be that,

Imagine saying give me ordinary sachet water

Then the day you don't want to buy ordinary water, what will you request for Original sachet water?
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
You mean the water is HOT since it is not COLD?

IneedSugarMumy1:
So people wey de say give me hot 1 no well abi?

If e no cold its e hot be that,

Imagine saying give me ordinary sachet water

Then the day you don't want to buy ordinary water, what will you request for Original sachet water?
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by kidxboss(m): 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
it is came to my mummy shop.It is come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
kidxboss:
it is came to my mummy shop.It is come
wasted post stay off this thread.

1 Like

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by ElRapido: 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
This Op grammar sef get as e be o

4 Likes

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by lilmax(m): 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
pear water
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
lilmax:
pear water
!
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by rex444(m): 7:03am On Oct 11, 2017
Non refrigerated

2 Likes

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by DBlackCeazer(m): 8:47am On Oct 11, 2017
Room temperature sachet water.

3 Likes

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by emmyclassic(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2017
OP you are wrong cold water is the normal room temperature water, Ice water or chilled water is what most of us call "madam give me cold water".

3 Likes

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2017
DBlackCeazer:
Room temperature sachet water.
mama put will pour u hot-chilled water

1 Like

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 11, 2017
a
emmyclassic:
OP you are wrong cold water is the normal room temperature water, Ice water or chilled water is what most of us call "madam give me cold water".
i understand for water to be ice ,it must be 0'C or less. So what do u say when u want water that is not chilled
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2017
grin
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 11, 2017
grin give me warm wara

2 Likes

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2017
chinedubrazil:
grin give me warm wara
hahahahahahaha grin
chinedubrazil:
grin give me warm wara
hahahahahahaha
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Friedyokes: 12:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
Gimme pure water, not cold .
Gimme pure water wae no cold .
Gimme ordinary pure water.

Telling us to say sachet water is like telling us to say PHCN in preference to NEPA , not going to happen ...just like peak its in us .

2 Likes

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2017
Friedyokes:

Telling us to say sachet water is like telling us to say PHCN in preference to NEPA , not going to happen ...just like peak its in us .
so this is how u wil ans if it was JOB INTERVIEW.
LOL
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by kingsley9505(m): 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
If it is neither cold nor hot, then it is warm.
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by mannatech: 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
Its an informal setting so no need for big grammar.
On top 10naira pure water I can't be forming professor angry

8 Likes

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by muller101(m): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2017
Give me normal water grin
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by ExAngel007(f): 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
when ever someone requests for a sachet of water, YOU are to ask if he/she needs cold or normal one
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Friedyokes: 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
ProsperMVE:
so this is how u wil ans if it was JOB INTERVIEW.
LOL
where in your initial question did you state that ?
Thing is if you want formal then don't complain about it being lengthy
-can I get a room temperature sachet water
-gimme pure water wae no cold

2 Likes

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2017
You opened a thread just for this?

1 Like

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mbok see unnecessary lesson in English.
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by MhizzAJ(f): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
Are we meant to deliberate on this nonsense

1 Like

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Are we meant to deliberate on this nonsense
i bet u make this every day, i opened this thread to correct people like u
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by sallykoko(f): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
In my area It's always like this:

Me: gimme sachet wara

Whoever: cold one no dae oh

Me: I kukuma know grin

No long talk abeg grin we know say light no first dae the country undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2017
careytommy7:
careytommy7:
ProsperMVE:
careytommy7:
ProsperMVE:
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by Uyi168: 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
The enssence of communication is..U talk..,I understand.
Re: What Do Say When You Want To Buy This? Guess You Are Wrong! by joyndidi: 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
Friedyokes:

lol.......I love your answer jare e too make sense

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Most Intelligent Group Photograph Of All Times / How To Apply N.D.A Short Service As A Fresh Graduate. / Incredible Animal Photos You Need To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.