Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) (34833 Views)

My Poultry Journey... / See The Green Snake I Killed In My Farm Today (Photos) / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Marcofranz(m): 10:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Today i decided to do a little cleaning around my poultry when i came across this reptile. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. literally this is the first time I'm seeing a live serpent as big as this , if not for one guy i met i guess i would have allowed it escape .
Snake lovers in the house what specie is this biko!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Tolexander: 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
Cobra

It is a nocturnal snake that loves swallowing hen's eggs.
It is the snake behind killing of brooding hens at home and in the bush.

Many times killed by inserting a hook and line in a boiled egg tied down. It becomes stuck after swallowing the boiled egg. Banging itself on the ground for the egg to be broken. During the process, the hook gets hooked to its intestine and starts struggling to be freed from the line.

There is a myth about it in Yoruba. They say when it grows to a certain stage, it starts developing comb like a cock, and starts crowing like a cock to attract hens. Though I have outgrown that belief.

189 Likes 20 Shares

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
These blacks snakes and chickens hmmmm
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Marcofranz(m): 10:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
Tolexander:
Mamba!
i guess it dangerous cos it attacked the guy with spit.

2 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by LionInBoxOffice(m): 10:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
Must be dangerous, kudos to you.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by thorpido(m): 10:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
This is not a black mamba.It looks like a black rat snake.

3 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by PrincessBecks(f): 10:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
Snakes!
I can't even near them talk more of making a kill.
Jeez!!!

11 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Ebimor96: 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
Lala
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Ebimor96: 10:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by LegendaryArnold(m): 10:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
Lalasticlala food is ready... we don't have black mambas in Nigeria
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by excel127(m): 12:03am On Oct 11, 2017
Ewww... Don't tell me someone is going to eat that.

Lala might...

4 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by zionwinn(m): 12:26am On Oct 11, 2017
PLS DO NOT EAT THAT CREATURE THE CURE FOR MONKEY POX IS YET TO BE DISCOVERED

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by calddon(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2017
D way snakes make front page ehn.....ama go snake hunting soon.

7 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by lovingyouhun: 9:26am On Oct 11, 2017
What do you want Lala to do with this one now? Abi em dey chop all kinds of snakes shocked shocked cool grin
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Derekethan1: 9:26am On Oct 11, 2017
A GRANDMOTHER IN THE VILLAGE
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2017
Lala

Lala

Lala
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by DemonHunTER: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2017
Lala is currently dancing to ONE CORNER.

Oshe! Food is ready.

Modified: Wetin yu use knack the snake head? Zuma Rock

3 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by epospiky(m): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2017
lala right now

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by femo122: 9:28am On Oct 11, 2017
shocked
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by seejay80s: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2017
IF U LIKE URSELF JUST BURN THE SNAKE AND BURY IT, DO NOT EAT!!!!
I REPEAT , DO NOT EAT THAT SNAKE, NA UNA DEY BRING NEW DISEASE ENTER NIGERIA, FROM CHICKEN POX TO MONKEY POX, VERY SOON UNA GO BRING SNAKE POX WEY NO FIT GET CURE...
MUST EVERY THING BE FOOD?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by naijafortruth: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2017
zionwinn:
PLS DO NOT EAT THAT CREATURE THE CURE FOR MONKEY POX IS YET TO BE DISCOVERED

He is IPOB, so he is immune from monkey pox.

5 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by IMASTEX: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2017
Why
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2017
Tolexander:
Black Mamba!

It is a nocturnal snake that loves swallowing hen's eggs.
It is the snake behind killing of brooding hens at home and in the bush.

Many times killed by inserting a hook and line in a boiled egg tied down. It becomes stuck after swallowing the boiled egg. Banging itself on the ground for the egg to be broken. During the process, the hook gets hooked to its intestine and starts struggling to be freed from the line.

There is a myth about it in Yoruba. They say when it grows to a certain stage, it starts developing comb like a cock, and starts crowing like a cock to attract hens. Though I have outgrown that believe.
I can't say I disbelieve in the myth.
I have come across a snake with comb when I was small.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by kullozone(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2017
This Lala sef... You don't have to push every snake thread to front page just because people always associate you with snakes oh! You're also allowed to disappoint them sometimes, yuyeh?

11 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2017
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Factfinder1(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2017
One bite from this snake and you are gone

2 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by bamirotola: 9:31am On Oct 11, 2017
Marcofranz:
i guess it dangerous cos it attacked the guy with spit.

That's a spitting cobra not a black mamba

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by adjoviomole(m): 9:31am On Oct 11, 2017
This is not black mamba. We don't have black mambas in Nigeria. It's either a cobra.

With the current situation in Nigeria una wan add black mamba join our wahala again.

If it were a black mamba, both guys will be dead by now. Black mamba is fuc-king aggressive when threatened, and it can stand to the extent it can bite a grown man on his face. And it's very fast. It has got one of the most poisonous venom, it also bites multiple times.

15 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by besticality: 9:31am On Oct 11, 2017
Another snake gone. RIP to the black reptile. It looks like black mamba to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures / Updated Prices Of Grains And Vegetables From Madallah Market In Niger State / Blind & Deaf Rice Farmer In Taraba With A Paralysed Left Hand (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.