Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west (17526 Views)

Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death / The N187 Million Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Ihedioha Couldn’t Use / Tam David-West Dies At 83 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by sarrki(m): 12:25am On Oct 11, 2017
A former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Prof. Tam David-West, has described the response of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to Minister of State (Petroleum), Ibe Kachikwu’s allegation as a relief, saying it confirmed his thinking that the allegations could not have been true.

David-West, who spoke with our reporter in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital yesterday, said he had refrained from commenting on NNPC for many years until he read the corporation’s response to the minister’s allegations.

According to him, Kachikwu’s claims on $25 billion contracts could not have been true, given the strict rules guiding such at the NNPC.

He said: “On reading Kachikwu’s letter, I was flabbergasted that something like that could ever happen. If it is the NNPC that I know, I can’t believe that all those things could have happened. The rules of lifting oil are so strict that when I read his letter, I could not believe my eyes.

“To lift oil within Nigeria, you must be a corporate organisation or a country. If it is a corporate organisation, you must have a minimum of 20 staff and have a refinery. If it is a country, it must also have a refinery. The organisation must also submit audited financial report of three consecutive years and deposit a non-refundable fund of $1.5 million. This sum was originally levied in Naira but we changed it in 1984 when exchange rate was $1.5 to N1. But now, it has been reduced and this has brought more organisations into the business. In fact, about 40 organisations now lift Nigerian oil as if they are buying palm oil.

“With those strict conditions, it baffled me to read what Kachikwu wrote.

“Again, oil contracts are not discussed at either NNPC board meetings or Federal Executive Council meetings to avoid slowing down decision-making process. The corporation has its own tenders board though the basic rules have been updated over time. I was surprised that Kachikwu’s letter was also leaked to the press because it was an embarrassment to the President. Definitely, something fundamental is wrong somewhere. The letter could not have been leaked by the Presidency because it was an embarrassment to the President. It could also not have been leaked by Maikanti Baru because it would have been an indictment on him.

“So, I was relieved on reading NNPC’s response. It confirmed that things have not gone so bad as Kachikwu portrayed it in his letter. As a matter of fact, if the content of the letter were true, it would scare players in the oil industry away from Nigeria.

“Some people also said that the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) would have prevented that kind of situation if it had been passed. That is not correct. The PIB is not the solution to the problem in the Nigerian oil industry. In fact, if passed the way it is, it can destroy the industry. I have read it. It is not a serious bill. It has only 40 words. If they don’t look at it carefully before passing it, it can destroy the industry.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/knew-kachikwus-claims-couldnt-true-says-david-west/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by sarrki(m): 12:28am On Oct 11, 2017
Only confirmed fools will believe such lie

How much is the total earnings on oil for the last 2 years ?

How much is our external reserve ?

No one can do such under the indefatigable general

Mr no nonsense

Pmb ride on we good Nigerians are solidly behind you

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by SalamRushdie: 12:30am On Oct 11, 2017
So after almost 3 years this deceitful man has found his voice , Oya Tam David West where is the 40 naira fuel you claimed Buhari was going to bring ...Tam David West is nothing but a dishonorable old fool

173 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by sarrki(m): 12:34am On Oct 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:
So after almost 3 years this deceitful man has found his voice , Oya Tam David West where is the 40 naira fuel you claimed Buhari was going to bring ...Tam David West is nothing but a dishonorable old fool

No sire

He's an elder statesman

It is Edwin Clarke , olu falae ,junaid Mohammed and PDP stalwart that are dishonorable fools

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by paintworld(m): 12:42am On Oct 11, 2017
hmmm
Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 11, 2017
David East to West. If you like abuse Kachikwu tire, Buhari still no go make you petroleum minister again.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by iammo(m): 12:54am On Oct 11, 2017
Who presented the contracts to the federal executive council(FEC) only supervissing ministers of a ministry, department or agencies are allowed to submit proposal to (FEC). Baru as GMD is not a member of the current FEC. That leaves us with kachukwu and buhari, kachukwu was sidelined , buhari was on medical leave.
I just hope national assembly concludes it report about the inconsistency noted with Duke oil Inc, and dont stay mute like the executive

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by potent5(m): 1:13am On Oct 11, 2017
This same man that said we'd get petrol at 40 Naira per litre if Buhari was elected president. Shame no de catch am?

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by stillondmatter: 3:25am On Oct 11, 2017
truth detector

2 Likes

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by seunmsg(m): 4:16am On Oct 11, 2017
The president should drop the minister of petroleum portfolio and appoint a full minister to effectively supervise the ministry.

The NNPC response addressed some of the issues raised by Kachikwu but not all. Why should the minister of state for petroleum be denied access to the president? Who presented NNPC'S memo to FEC for procurement above NNPC tenders board threshold without the knowledge of the minister of state? Why should the GMD make appointments without the knowledge and approval of NNPC board?

All these issues are yet to be addressed and I think they deserve to be looked into.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by Bolustical: 4:57am On Oct 11, 2017
Come to think of it those who are hammering Kachikwu are mainly from the south.

First, it was the Senator from Rivers states, now it's David West, both are from the same region where the minister is from. By implication, any shady deal in the NNPC will affect the region most.

I am waiting for some hopeless liars to come and tell me northerners are the problems of Nigeria.

Even before independence, we Southies don dey sabotage ourselves.

God help this country.

43 Likes

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by Bolustical: 4:57am On Oct 11, 2017
Yes
Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by madridguy(m): 5:06am On Oct 11, 2017
Following....
Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by Ekwensu101: 6:01am On Oct 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:
But you all said Buhari told you; is it now David West?
Confused people.

6 Likes

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by kabrud: 6:01am On Oct 11, 2017
cheesy
Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by OritaIbadan: 6:02am On Oct 11, 2017
sarrki:
Only confirmed fools will believe such lie

How much is the total earnings on oil for the last 2 years ?

How much is our external reserve ?

No one can do such under the indefatigable general

Mr no nonsense

Pmb ride on we good Nigerians are solidly behind you
My dear brother, each time I read your comment on nairaland I keep thinking what kind of human are you? Do you really have conscience? Buhari is not a no nonsense anymore, he and his co travellers are playing bad politics they are getting prepared for 2019 when they have not delivered on their electoral promises. If buhari is really a man of integrity as we thought of him before he won this election by now some of his ministers would have been shown the way out.
Sarki, you are making buhari a demi god. I don't know who you are but I know you are not sincere. If we continue to support these leaders this way, when will Nigeria get things right? It was this same way some youths kept singing Goodluck praise. Think about the future of this country with the way things are going

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by Nobody: 6:11am On Oct 11, 2017
Followed

1 Like

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by 9japrof(m): 6:22am On Oct 11, 2017
Tam David West should quickly shut the Bleep up, people like him who help foist this failure should shut the Bleep up.

The problem is that we lack morality, we do not have shame, in some saner climes, people like David West should be on self imposed exile

7 Likes

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by aolawale025: 6:22am On Oct 11, 2017
OritaIbadan:

My dear brother, each time I read your comment on nairaland I keep thinking what kind of human are you? Do you really have conscience? Buhari is not a no nonsense anymore, he and his co travellers are playing bad politics they are getting prepared for 2019 when they have not delivered on their electoral promises. If buhari is really a man of integrity as we thought of him before he won this election by now some of his ministers would have been shown the way out.
Sarki, you are making buhari a demi god. I don't know who you are but I know you are not sincere. If we continue to support these leaders this way, when will Nigeria get things right? It was this same way some youths kept singing Goodluck praise. Think about the future of this country with the way things are going

Nigeria is yet to have a sizeable population that truly believes in her. What we have now is a situation people equate hero-worship to patriotism. Which is so scary and sad at the same time

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by adeolakemi: 6:32am On Oct 11, 2017
aolawale025:

Nigeria is yet to have a sizeable population that truly believes in her. What we have now is a situation people equate hero-worship to patriotism. Which is so scary and sad at the same time
that boy us under the payroll of buhari so you shouldn't expect less from him

17 Likes

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by bkool7(m): 6:35am On Oct 11, 2017
Mr West . A whole lot has changed since you left Nnpc. Especially the past ten years

3 Likes

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by seunmsg(m): 6:37am On Oct 11, 2017
9japrof:
Tam David West should quickly shut the Bleep up, people like him who help foist this failure should shut the Bleep up.

The problem is that we lack morality, we do not have shame, in some saner climes, people like David West should be on self imposed exile

Self imposed exile for not supporting the ineffectual buffoon? What is wrong with some of you? See, if you truly have a conscience and there is still a little bit of shame left in you, you should cover your face in shame or take the self exile recommendation for supporting and still supporting GEJ after all the revelations of massive corruption that took place under him. Most of you who still abuse those who refused to support Jonathan in 2015 are the real danger to our democracy.

The right to support a candidate is an inalienable right in a democracy. When a government had performed woefully, you vote that government out and try another one. The ritual of voting government in and out continues until things begin to get better with time. That is why election takes place every four years.

Instead of attacking people who didn't support your buffoon hero in 2015, start working for your choice candidate ahead of 2019 so that you won't come here in 2022 and still be attacking people.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by Omeokachie: 6:39am On Oct 11, 2017
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharill-reduce-petrol-to-n40l-david-west/

The deceitful old fella crawls out of hiding as another election year draws close...

3 Likes

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by magoo10(m): 6:39am On Oct 11, 2017
Gullible zombified E-warriors do not believe that buhari and his implanted cabalistic looters can divert $25billion dollars ,but they believe that Alison madueke stole over $90billion dollars from the same nnpc ,what a dumb way of reasoning and height of hypocrisy.

Abacha stole so much from Nigeria that even an unborn baby is aware of yet buhari came out to tell us that abacha did not steal.

Now monies are being cleverly diverted under the nose of the very whiter than snow 'abacha did not steal' ruler and some gullible persons are trying so hard to convince us that 'buhari is not stealing' . they can tell that to the dogs

The dullard should simply set up a parallel committee of non biased members from various divides to investigate the allegations and make their findings known to the public and not this type of propaganda childish post and salvage from David west who earlier on goofed that buhari will return fuel price to #40 per liter .

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by RZArecta(m): 6:51am On Oct 11, 2017
Tam David West should never be taken seriously especially by Nigerian youths, he is one of the "intellectuals" who sold 15 million mumu's the disaster of a president we have in Aso rock now cool

6 Likes

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by 9japrof(m): 6:57am On Oct 11, 2017
seunmsg:

Self imposed exile for not supporting the ineffectual buffoon? What is wrong with some of you? See, if you truly have a conscience and there is still a little bit of shame left in you, you should cover your face in shame or take the self exile recommendation for supporting and still supporting GEJ after all the revelations of massive corruption that took place under him. Most of you who still abuse those who refused to support Jonathan in 2015 are the real danger to our democracy.

The right to support a candidate is an inalienable right in a democracy. When a government had performed woefully, you vote that government out and try another one. The ritual of voting government in and out continues until things begin to get better with time. That is why election takes place every four years.

Instead of attacking people who didn't support your buffoon hero in 2015, start working for your choice candidate ahead of 2019 so that you won't come here in 2022 and still be attacking people.

Today is Wednesday, I don't insult on Wednesdays, else I would have said you are plain stupid and lack comprehension skills, besides your unflinching support for a government that has been questioned by the wife of the president who said even if her husband comes out for 2019, wouldnt support his candidature.

Lemme give u a small clue, I hang out with a lot of people, I make a lot of friends despite the divide, religion or status, but I would never make friends with a serial liar, a hypocrite. I would never date a lady who disguises as good girl while she's rotten and immoral, I better deal with that harlot and know she's one and better be careful when am around her than to loose guard with someone whom I guessed was a good person.

I do not support any political party, I know nigerian politics is doomed, yes I said that, all the buffalos there are there for their selfish purposes, no body cares for you. But what I hate about the government is their lies from the pit of hell, they promised, made noise, even this useless west also said fuel would be sold at 40 naira, people believed him, why ? Because he was a former minister of petroleum, and people thought that as a former minister of petroleum, he knows what he is saying, not knowing it was part of an orchestrated plot to deceive gullible Nigerians like you.

Brother do not be angry if I don't buy into your unflinching support the government, my plight is like that of a man who married a certified hoe, who he met at Shiloh and got all the impression that she is a virgin, she's holy, the babe no even gree am enter the place, preaching the no-sex-before marriage ish and my guy bought, only to get down after the wedlock to find that mileage count on the engine cog has made it expand more than the Lagos Ibadan expressway. Nigga is gon be disappointed, nigga would be unhappy for been deceived and made gullible.

That's the view of majority of Nigerians now, irrespective of party divide

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by wingmanII: 7:48am On Oct 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Don't mind the senile man.
Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 11, 2017
With the alledged $26billion scandal, lai mohammed has lost all credibility to launch media trial on dieziani as usual or any other person..

Before now, we should have heard of $6b and $4b and how a luxury building was found at osbourn estate and bourdillion.

3 Likes

Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by brainpulse: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2017
angry Kachukwu was only angry because he wasn't allowed to have absolute 100% control
Re: I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west by kay29000(m): 8:17am On Oct 11, 2017
Hmm! But some people believe it already and will never believe anything otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly Clears 9 Ex-Commissioners For Fubara’s Cabinet / 34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State / Senate Plots Ali Ndume’s Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.