Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,160 members, 7,780,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:02 AM

List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup (35935 Views)

Full List Of The 24 Countries That Qualified For 2023 AFCON / South Africans Happy Not To Have Qualified For Russia 2018 World Cup / List Of 8 Countries That Have Qualified For World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by maclatunji: 9:10am On Oct 11, 2017
Size does not matter as China, the country with the largest population in the world with over 1.3 billion people has not qualified for Russia 2018 while Iceland with only population of approximately 335,000 has qualified for the mundial with a 2-0 win over Kosovo.

See the list of the smallest countries (by population) that have qualified for the World in its history.

Country Estimated Population at time of World Cup Qualification
Iceland 335,000
Trinidad & Tobago 1,300,000
Northern Ireland 1,850,000
Slovenia 2,080,000
Jamaica 2,890,000
Wales 3,100,000

Congratulations to Iceland.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/iceland-becomes-smallest-country-ever-qualify-world-cup/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by maclatunji: 9:11am On Oct 11, 2017
Iceland's population is less than that of some suburbs in Lagos e.g. Ikorodu, Alimosho, Ojo.

Nigeria should have won the World Cup by now.

56 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 11, 2017
I wish they can fix 9ja group like this..

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil

Mention me if you support cheesy

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Florblu(f): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2017
Crowd is one of the major factor causing ineffectiveness.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by maclatunji: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:
I wish they can fix 9ja group will be like..

Nigeria
Spain
Germany
Brazil

Impossible because of seeding. I will not be Surprised if we get Argentina or Spain though.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by BigBelleControl(m): 9:33am On Oct 11, 2017
I'm happpy for Iceland and sad that Wales couldn't qualify.
Sanchez will be crying now, no UCL, no world cup him and he's not in the FIFA world best nomination.

Biafra and Catalonia are the next small nations that will qualify for the world cup.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by braimeddy: 9:35am On Oct 11, 2017
Sanchez is such a bad luck to both his country and club.. yet he will be forming best player
BigBelleControl:
Sanchez will be crying now, no UCL, no world cup him and he's not in the FIFA world best nomination.

Biafra and Catalonia are the next small nations that will qualify for the world cup.

15 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2017
maclatunji:

Impossible because of seeding. I will not be Surprised if we get Argentina or Spain though.
Bro everything is possible exept only in nigeria... Anything can happen

3 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by KevinDein: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2017
maclatunji:
Iceland's population is less than that of some suburbs in Lagos e.g. Ikorodu, Alimosho, Ojo.

Nigeria should have won the World Cup by now.
China and India, should all have won it at least twice each, right?

36 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by holluphemydavid(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria
Spain
Germany
Brazil
bad belle

10 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Agbaletu: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2017
BigBelleControl:

Biafra can't be a small nation. A country with over 30 million people is not a small nation...maybe in landmass.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by kay29000(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2017
So Iceland has qualified...Cool.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by DanielsParker(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2017
okay
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Teewhy2: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2017
This just confirmed this bible quote. Ecclesiastes 9:11
I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.
so no be by gragra or kitikiti but by God's grace.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

4 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Originality007: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2017
BigBelleControl:

lolz.....Na only him waka come?
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by guywitzerogal(m): 10:59am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria
Spain
Germany
Brazil
u re a wicked human being re u sure u re a Nigerian

7 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by TedLawrence(f): 10:59am On Oct 11, 2017
Imagine the countries they listed here, meanwhile they don't want a group of people in Nigeria to take care of themselves...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by oluwatymylehyn(m): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2017
This World Cup is gonna be intriguing and interesting. I look forward to it.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by junioratallcost(m): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2017
nice one
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by aguiyi2: 11:00am On Oct 11, 2017
Next in line will be Biafra,land of the rising Sun.

4 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Babanews(m): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2017
The qualification of Iceland is more than interesting.

I look forward to seeing their debut performance at the world cup.

The Full List Of Qualified, Eligible Teams - World Cup 2018 so far is out.

Who will make the next and final 4 to advance?
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by joystickextendr: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2017
Okay
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by kokomaster3d: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:
Crowd is one of the major factor causing ineffectiveness.

No ma. Go and ask China and India why their economy is growing despite their population. Some countries in Africa are less than Lagos in population, yet they are poor.

7 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by okerekeikpo: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2017
Small but mighty all these countries are 100 million times better than Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by psalmhorah(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2017
it isn't about quantity but quality

4 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Twizzy30(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2017
Modify your post. Wales did not qualify
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by informsuda(m): 11:07am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria
Spain
Germany
Brazil
Bros u are just wicked. grin
Kingbet:

Nigeria
Spain
Germany
Brazil
Bros u are just wicked.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by yogendra9462: 11:08am On Oct 11, 2017
maclatunji:
Size does not matter as China, the country with the largest population in the world with over 1.3 billion people has not qualified for Russia 2018 while Iceland with only population of approximately 335,000 has qualified for the mundial with a 2-0 win over Kosovo.

See the list of the smallest countries (by population) that have qualified for the World in its history.

Country Estimated Population at time of World Cup Qualification
Iceland 335,000
Trinidad & Tobago 1,300,000
Northern Ireland 1,850,000
Slovenia 2,080,000
Jamaica 2,890,000
Wales 3,100,000

Congratulations to Iceland.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/iceland-becomes-smallest-country-ever-qualify-world-cup/

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Sanchez01: 11:09am On Oct 11, 2017
Twizzy30:
Modify your post. Wales did not qualify
List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup

12 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Jacktheripper: 11:09am On Oct 11, 2017
So Biafra fit carry world cup before Nigeria.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rohr Makes Fresh Demands From NFF / ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) / Sergio Ramos Leaves Real Madrid After 16 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.