Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,469 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:56 PM

Your Entire Body Is God's Property - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Entire Body Is God's Property (1193 Views)

Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! / Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Entire Family / Is It True? Churches Asking You To Surrender Your Entire January Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Entire Body Is God's Property by PastorAde: 11:42am On Mar 10, 2010
[center]Your Entire Body is God’s Property
[/center]
So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them (Genesis 1:26).

For by Him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him (Colossians 1:16, emphasis added).

What? Know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own? For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s (1Cor. 6:19-20, emphasis added).

God is the creator and owner of heaven and earth and everything therein. All things were created by Him and for Him – including human beings, male and female. The body of man ought to be the temple of God the Holy Spirit. This was the case with Adam, the first of men. He was full of the Holy Spirit until he ate of the forbidden fruit God commanded him not to eat. Due to his disobedience, he was driven out of the Garden of Eden and God withdrew His Holy Spirit from him (Gen. 3: 24a; Psalm 51:11). Consequence to Adam’s expulsion from the Garden of Eden, he died spiritually and eventually physically at the age of 930. If Adam had not eaten the forbidden fruit, death would not have entered the world and he would have lived forever up till today. Adam’s sin and disobedience opened the door for death to enter the world. With the entrance of death into the world due to sin, the human body, which is supposed to be the temple of God, ceased to serve its original purpose. But God had a solution.

God prepared a body for Himself – a body that is sinless and undefiled – a body filled with the fullness of the Holy Spirit. He prepared this body by overshadowing the Virgin Mary with the Holy Spirit. That holy thing was conceived in her and she gave birth to Jesus. Unlike fallen men and women, Jesus was not born by sexual union between Joseph and Mary. H e was not conceived in sin. He had a divine virgin birth. He had the fullness of God’s Spirit. He was/is the ideal temple of God bodily. He was the only man who lived without committing any sin. He was therefore qualified to be the spotless Lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world (John 1:29). Not only did He die to take away the sin of the world, He also redeemed or bought the whole world with the price of His blood. This is the meaning of the last Scriptures above from 1Cor. 6:20. Understand, O reader, what Jesus accomplished for you and me on the cross of Calvary. He redeemed or bought us with His precious blood. He bought our entire bodies and spirits with His precious blood. Our bodies and spirits do no longer belong to us but to Him. Why? So that we can become His temple (1Cor.6:19).

Now that you know what Jesus accomplished for you on the cross of Calvary and that your entire body is God’s property, will you surrender and yield your body and spirit to the loving arms and grace of God? Somebody may ask; how do I do that? It’s very simple. Romans 10:9-10 says: “That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” If you make this decision you have nothing to lose but eternity with Jesus to gain. He’ll wash away your sins with His blood and fill you with His Holy Spirit so that you can become His holy temple. If your answer is yes to the question asked pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior. I yield my body and spirit to You, make me Your temple in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayer and counseling, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P. O. Box 11875 Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Holy Confusion (lol) / Jesus Christ And Prophet Mohammed Were Communist And Rebels ! / The Gospel Of John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.