Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian (2547 Views)

10 Basics Every Creationist Must Know / The Great Debate Between The Creationist And An Atheist / Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by butterflyl1on: 10:03am On Oct 11, 2017
His name is Dr. Richard Lumsden

Dr. Richard Lumsden graduated from Harvard and was a professor of parasitology and cell biology at Tulane University in Louisiana where he also served as the dean of the graduate school of biological sciences. After years of being a self-proclaimed atheist and professor of evolutionary theory, Lumsden began doubting his long-held evolutionary worldview.

Sure, there have been Christians who did good science, but that was before Darwin. Right? Wrong! Here is the story of a staunch Darwinian who converted to creationism first, then to Christianity.

You couldn’t claim Dick Lumsden’s faith come from the culture in which he lived, like you might with someone from the 1500s. If anything, he was a product of the anti-creationist second half of the twentieth century. Dr. Richard D. Lumsden was fully grounded in Darwinian philosophy, and had no reason or desire to consider Christianity. Science was his faith: the facts, and only the facts. But at the apex of his professional career, he had enough integrity to check out the facts, and made a difficult choice to go where the facts led him, against what he had been taught, and against what he himself taught. His life took a dramatic turnaround, from Darwinist to creationist, and from atheist to Christian.

Dr. Richard Lumsden was professor of parasitology and cell biology at Tulane University. He served as dean of the graduate school, and published hundreds of scientific papers. He trained 30 PhDs. Thoroughly versed in biological sciences, both in knowledge and lab technique, including electron microscopy, he won the highest world award for parasitology. All through his career he believed Darwinian evolution was an established principle of science, and he took great glee in ridiculing Christian beliefs. One day, he heard that Louisiana had passed a law requiring equal time for creation with evolution, and he was flabbergasted– how stupid, he thought, and how evil! He used the opportunity to launch into a tirade against creationism in class, and to give them his best eloquence in support of Darwinism. Little did he know he had a formidable opponent in class that day. No, not a silver-tongued orator to engage him in a battle of wits; that would have been too easy. This time it was a gentle, polite, young female student.

This student went up to him after class and cheerfully exclaimed, “Great lecture, Doc! Say, I wonder if I could make an appointment with you; I have some questions about what you said, and just want to get my facts straight.” Dr. Lumsden, flattered with this student’s positive approach, agreed on a time they could meet in his office. On the appointed day, the student thanked him for his time, and started in. She did not argue with anything he had said about evolution in class, but just began asking a series of questions: “How did life arise? . . . Isn’t DNA too complex to form by chance? . . . Why are there gaps in the fossil record between major kinds? . . . .What are the missing links between apes and man?” She didn’t act judgmental or provocative; she just wanted to know. Lumsden, unabashed, gave the standard evolutionary answers to the questions. But something about this interchange began making him very uneasy. He was prepared for a fight, but not for a gentle, honest set of questions. As he listened to himself spouting the typical evolutionary responses, he thought to himself, This does not make any sense. What I know about biology is contrary to what I’m saying. When the time came to go, the student picked up her books and smiled, “Thanks, Doc!” and left. On the outside, Dr. Lumsden appeared confident; but on the inside, he was devastated. He knew that everything he had told this student was wrong.

Dr. Lumsden had the integrity to face his new doubts honestly. He undertook a personal research project to check out the arguments for evolution, and over time, found them wanting. Based on the scientific evidence alone, he decided he must reject Darwinism, and he became a creationist. But as morning follows night, he had to face the next question, Who is the Creator? [b]Shortly thereafter, by coincidence or not, his daughter invited him to church. It was so out of character for this formerly crusty, self-confident evolutionist to go to church! Not much earlier, he would have had nothing to do with religion. But now, he was open to reconsider the identity of the Creator, and whether the claims of the Bible were true. His atheistic philosophy had also left him helpless to deal with guilt and bad habits in his personal life. This time he was open, and this time he heard the Good News that God had sent His Son to pay the penalty for our sins, and to offer men forgiveness and eternal life.

A tremendous struggle was going on in Dr. Lumsden’s heart as he listened to the sermon. When the service ended, the pastor gave an invitation to come to the front and decide once and for all, publicly, to receive Christ. Dr. Lumsden describes the turmoil he was in: “With flesh protesting every inch of the way, I found myself walking forward, down to the altar. And there, found God! Truly, at that moment, I came to know Him, and received the Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.” There’s room at the cross even for know-it-all science professors, if they are willing to humble themselves and bow before the Creator to whom the scientific evidence points.

Dr. Lumsden rejoiced in his new-found faith, but found out there is a price to pay also. He was ejected from the science faculty after his dynamic conversion to Christ and creationism. The Institute for Creation Research invited him to direct their biology department, which he did from 1990 to 1996. Dr. Henry Morris said of him, “He had a very vibrant testimony of his conversion only a few years ago and of the role that one of his students played in confronting his evolutionism with persistent and penetrating questions. He became fully convinced of the bankruptcy of his beliefs and realized that the only reasonable alternative was that there must be a Creator.” Dick Lumsden was also appointed to the science faculty of The Master’s College (now The Master’s University). There was a joy present in his life and manner that made his lectures sparkle, and he loved to demonstrate design in the cell that could not have arisen by Darwinian processes. In discussions with evolutionists, he knew “just where to get them” (he would say with a smile), having been in their shoes. His students appreciated the training his depth and breadth of knowledge and experience brought to the class and to the lab.

Richard Lumsden gave his personal testimony on Dr. D. James Kennedy’s Coral Ridge Hour. In the feature, he re-enacted that day in his office when the student made him rethink his beliefs. In January 1996, he also spoke to the Bible-Science Association in a response to atheist Richard Dawkins’ book The Blind Watchmaker. In his talk, called Not So Blind a Watchmaker, he gave several detailed descriptions of organs that could not have formed by Darwinian natural selection. In the question and answer session, he shared his testimony of how God had saved him from his former life as a bragging evolutionist. Unfortunately, years of unhealthy habits as an unbeliever, including alcohol and tobacco abuse, took their toll on his body, and he died too soon, at age 59, in 1997. His students miss him very much.

In his video testimony, Lumsden tells how he came to believe in a Creator and eventually walked up the isle of a church to accept Jesus Christ as his savior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s91-ABJ49ho

https://crev.info/scientists/richard-lumsden/

Cc Jackbizzle, dalaman, Felixomor, DoctorAlien,

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by felixomor: 10:05am On Oct 11, 2017
Glory glory Hallelujah.....

1 Like

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by butterflyl1on: 10:09am On Oct 11, 2017
The Mafia called science!

Because Dr. Richard Lumsden gave his life to Christ and became a creationist he was evicted from the faculty of science.

This was the same man who won the highest world award in parasitology and whom they celebrated. A wrong research did not get him evicted but conversion to Christianity and accepting creationism did.

It is well! smiley
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by butterflyl1on: 10:23am On Oct 11, 2017
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by dalaman: 10:46am On Oct 11, 2017
After dumping evolution, was he able to provide evidence that Yahweh created the human cell or did he just believe in the stories like everyone else?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by butterflyl1on: 10:52am On Oct 11, 2017
dalaman:
After dumping evolution, was he able to provide evidence that Yahweh created the human cell or did he just believe in the stories like everyone else?

Says someone who does not know how to operate a simple microscope grin

Some things are beyond you dalaman. This was a man who won the world's highest award on parasitology and what are you? A common atheist foot soldier with no medals.

Putting him against you, I would go for him any day any time because he KNOWS what he is talking about unlike you who just said on another thread that you don't know. So let those who do know speak authoritatively while you rant ignorantly. grin

We know it hurts but for you, ignorance seems to be a very potent cure. Enjoy it while it lasts because those more knowledgeable have seen that knowledge of the truth In Jesus and how the evidence in science points to a creator and brings true light have embraced this truth and have found peace.

You now have the floor to continue with your ignorant rants as you always do cheesy

I will simply observe. grin

2 Likes

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by dalaman: 11:06am On Oct 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Says someone who does not know how to operate a simple microscope grin

Some things are beyond you dalaman. This was a man who won the world's highest award on parasitology and what are you? A common atheist foot soldier with no medals.

Putting him against you, I would go for him any day any time because he KNOWS what he is talking about unlike you who just said on another thread that you don't know. So let those who do know speak authoritatively while you rant ignorantly. grin

We know it hurts but for you, ignorance seems to be a very potent cure. Enjoy it while it lasts because those more knowledgeable have seen that knowledge of the truth In Jesus and how the evidence in science points to a creator and brings true light have embraced this truth and have found peace.

You now have the floor to continue with your ignorant rants as you always do cheesy

I will simply observe. grin

I've told you to stop all this emotional dance. Go meet your girlfriend wife or gay lover if you want emotional support.

He might be a professional scientist but that doesn't mean he knows anything about religion.He isn't an authority and doesn't have any relevant facts to support him when it comes to religion. I do NOT subscribe to evolution myself like he once did meaning I am wise enough to discard all what he was previously teaching and standing for as an evolutionist.

He simply swaped one mythology for another in my opinion. That he believeed in evolution without much evidence shows he was gullible. The same gullibility lead him to believe in the biblical Stories that have NO evidence at all.

Which "truth" of Jesus are you saying? The one you've been indoctrinated with? Muslims for example always yell and scream about the truth written inside the Koran as well so do Hindus and other followers of other religions.

Did he carefully study the bible and the christian claims to be sure they are true and real the way he did evolution?

His evidence to show that anything written inside the bible about creation is true is what? Good luck to him about swapping one mythology for another.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by butterflyl1on: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2017
dalaman:

I've told you to stop all this emotional dance. Go meet your girlfriend wife or gay lover if you want emotional support.

He might be a professional scientist but that doesn't mean he knows anything about religion.He isn't an authority and doesn't have any relevant facts to support him when it comes to religion. I do NOT subscribe to evolution myself like he once did meaning I am wise enough to discard all what he was previously teaching and standing for as an evolutionist.

He simply swaped one mythology for another in my opinion. That he believeed in evolution without much evidence shows he was gullible. The same gullibility lead him to believe in the biblical Stories that have NO evidence at all.

Which "truth" of Jesus are you saying? The one you've been indoctrinated with? Muslims for example always yell and scream about the truth written inside the Koran as well so do Hindus and other followers of other religions.

Did he carefully study the bible and the christian claims to be sure they are true and real the way he did evolution?

His evidence to show that anything written inside the bible about creation is true is what? Good luck to him about swapping one mythology for another.

and the ignorant rants begin cheesy

You are the authority on mythology and swapping! grin

There should be an award for that and you should be the first recipient. And also you are an authority on Religion grin

May the ignorant rants continue. I am observing cheesy
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by Niflheim(m): 11:31am On Oct 11, 2017
If he had a refutation to Evolution.........................where was his Nobel Prize?

RESPONSE 1: Had Dr. Lumsden been able to show any fault in the Theory, had he been able to introduce a single finding undermining it,
not only would there have been a massive change in the scientific community, Lumsden would most likely be a Nobel prize winner.

RESPONSE 2: He's just one person with a Ph.D. in Cell Biology. The overwhelming majority of the experts in the scientific community still thinks evolution by natural selection is the best explanation for the biodiversity on this planet.

RESPONSE 3:I don't really care. If I did, it would be a fallacy. It would be a faulty appeal to authority. Logic is blind, it doesn't care about the source. We don't have a blind cultist attachment to specific leaders.

RESPONSE 4:What in the world does evolutionary biology have to do with atheism? Why is this question directed at atheists?

RESPONSE 5: If anyone is suggesting we should agree with Lumsden's opinion because of his scientific credentials, I humbly suggest they use Occam's Razor to open a vein.

RESPONSE 6: I just wonder what he's been putting in that pipe he's smoking!

RESPONSE 7: Ever hear of Francis Collins? Google Francis Collins and human genome, go ahead, BTW He is an evangelical christian and he states doing modern biology without evolution is like doing physics without math.

RESPONSE 8: I've never heard of the guy, and I don't care what he converted to.

RESPONSE 9: Why would one man's views be my business, out of so many millions?

CONCLUSION: The first 4 letters of the op's username, spell the word "BUTT"!!! The 7th, 8th and 9th, spell the word "FLY"!!! Wanna no why? Because every specie of 'FLY' on this planet seems to gravitate towards 'BUTT'(which cannot seem to stop producing heavy amounts of bullshit)!!!

CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW!!! IT STINKS OF BULLSHIT!!!

6 Likes

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by dalaman: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

and the ignorant rants begin cheesy

You are the authority on mythology and swapping! grin

There should be an award for that and you should be the first recipient. And also you are an authority on Religion grin

May the ignorant rants continue. I am observing cheesy

You said he's an authority na, but he kept on telling people about evolution . Shebi he used his knowledge and authority to be spreading evolution.

Is he an authority on religion and it's stories?

Your willful ignorance has been cured.

2 Likes

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by ysyowel(m): 11:33am On Oct 11, 2017
he is wise because only a fool say there is no God
All atheist repent for the day of the Lord is near

1 Like

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by butterflyl1on: 11:39am On Oct 11, 2017
dalaman:

You said he's an authority na, but he kept on telling people about evolution . Shebi he used his knowledge and authority to be spreading evolution.

Is he an authority on religion and it's stories?

Your willful ignorance has been cured.

Let all the ignorance flow out some more grin
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by analice107: 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:
His name is Dr. Richard Lumsden

Dr. Richard Lumsden graduated from Harvard and was a professor of parasitology and cell biology at Tulane University in Louisiana where he also served as the dean of the graduate school of biological sciences. After years of being a self-proclaimed atheist and professor of evolutionary theory, Lumsden began doubting his long-held evolutionary worldview.

Sure, there have been Christians who did good science, but that was before Darwin. Right? Wrong! Here is the story of a staunch Darwinian who converted to creationism first, then to Christianity.

You couldn’t claim Dick Lumsden’s faith come from the culture in which he lived, like you might with someone from the 1500s. If anything, he was a product of the anti-creationist second half of the twentieth century. Dr. Richard D. Lumsden was fully grounded in Darwinian philosophy, and had no reason or desire to consider Christianity. Science was his faith: the facts, and only the facts. But at the apex of his professional career, he had enough integrity to check out the facts, and made a difficult choice to go where the facts led him, against what he had been taught, and against what he himself taught. His life took a dramatic turnaround, from Darwinist to creationist, and from atheist to Christian.

Dr. Richard Lumsden was professor of parasitology and cell biology at Tulane University. He served as dean of the graduate school, and published hundreds of scientific papers. He trained 30 PhDs. Thoroughly versed in biological sciences, both in knowledge and lab technique, including electron microscopy, he won the highest world award for parasitology. All through his career he believed Darwinian evolution was an established principle of science, and he took great glee in ridiculing Christian beliefs. One day, he heard that Louisiana had passed a law requiring equal time for creation with evolution, and he was flabbergasted– how stupid, he thought, and how evil! He used the opportunity to launch into a tirade against creationism in class, and to give them his best eloquence in support of Darwinism. Little did he know he had a formidable opponent in class that day. No, not a silver-tongued orator to engage him in a battle of wits; that would have been too easy. This time it was a gentle, polite, young female student.

This student went up to him after class and cheerfully exclaimed, “Great lecture, Doc! Say, I wonder if I could make an appointment with you; I have some questions about what you said, and just want to get my facts straight.” Dr. Lumsden, flattered with this student’s positive approach, agreed on a time they could meet in his office. On the appointed day, the student thanked him for his time, and started in. She did not argue with anything he had said about evolution in class, but just began asking a series of questions: “How did life arise? . . . Isn’t DNA too complex to form by chance? . . . Why are there gaps in the fossil record between major kinds? . . . .What are the missing links between apes and man?” She didn’t act judgmental or provocative; she just wanted to know. Lumsden, unabashed, gave the standard evolutionary answers to the questions. But something about this interchange began making him very uneasy. He was prepared for a fight, but not for a gentle, honest set of questions. As he listened to himself spouting the typical evolutionary responses, he thought to himself, This does not make any sense. What I know about biology is contrary to what I’m saying. When the time came to go, the student picked up her books and smiled, “Thanks, Doc!” and left. On the outside, Dr. Lumsden appeared confident; but on the inside, he was devastated. He knew that everything he had told this student was wrong.

Dr. Lumsden had the integrity to face his new doubts honestly. He undertook a personal research project to check out the arguments for evolution, and over time, found them wanting. Based on the scientific evidence alone, he decided he must reject Darwinism, and he became a creationist. But as morning follows night, he had to face the next question, Who is the Creator? [b]Shortly thereafter, by coincidence or not, his daughter invited him to church. It was so out of character for this formerly crusty, self-confident evolutionist to go to church! Not much earlier, he would have had nothing to do with religion. But now, he was open to reconsider the identity of the Creator, and whether the claims of the Bible were true. His atheistic philosophy had also left him helpless to deal with guilt and bad habits in his personal life. This time he was open, and this time he heard the Good News that God had sent His Son to pay the penalty for our sins, and to offer men forgiveness and eternal life.

A tremendous struggle was going on in Dr. Lumsden’s heart as he listened to the sermon. When the service ended, the pastor gave an invitation to come to the front and decide once and for all, publicly, to receive Christ. Dr. Lumsden describes the turmoil he was in: “With flesh protesting every inch of the way, I found myself walking forward, down to the altar. And there, found God! Truly, at that moment, I came to know Him, and received the Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.” There’s room at the cross even for know-it-all science professors, if they are willing to humble themselves and bow before the Creator to whom the scientific evidence points.

Dr. Lumsden rejoiced in his new-found faith, but found out there is a price to pay also. He was ejected from the science faculty after his dynamic conversion to Christ and creationism. The Institute for Creation Research invited him to direct their biology department, which he did from 1990 to 1996. Dr. Henry Morris said of him, “He had a very vibrant testimony of his conversion only a few years ago and of the role that one of his students played in confronting his evolutionism with persistent and penetrating questions. He became fully convinced of the bankruptcy of his beliefs and realized that the only reasonable alternative was that there must be a Creator.” Dick Lumsden was also appointed to the science faculty of The Master’s College (now The Master’s University). There was a joy present in his life and manner that made his lectures sparkle, and he loved to demonstrate design in the cell that could not have arisen by Darwinian processes. In discussions with evolutionists, he knew “just where to get them” (he would say with a smile), having been in their shoes. His students appreciated the training his depth and breadth of knowledge and experience brought to the class and to the lab.

Richard Lumsden gave his personal testimony on Dr. D. James Kennedy’s Coral Ridge Hour. In the feature, he re-enacted that day in his office when the student made him rethink his beliefs. In January 1996, he also spoke to the Bible-Science Association in a response to atheist Richard Dawkins’ book The Blind Watchmaker. In his talk, called Not So Blind a Watchmaker, he gave several detailed descriptions of organs that could not have formed by Darwinian natural selection. In the question and answer session, he shared his testimony of how God had saved him from his former life as a bragging evolutionist. Unfortunately, years of unhealthy habits as an unbeliever, including alcohol and tobacco abuse, took their toll on his body, and he died too soon, at age 59, in 1997. His students miss him very much.

In his video testimony, Lumsden tells how he came to believe in a Creator and eventually walked up the isle of a church to accept Jesus Christ as his savior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s91-ABJ49ho

https://crev.info/scientists/richard-lumsden/

Cc Jackbizzle, dalaman, Felixomor, DoctorAlien,
Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by segunojo866: 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2017
dalaman:
even a five year old child knows that Yahweh is an illusion just like Superman

1 Like

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by dalaman: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
segunojo866:

There are people here who believe Yahweh is real but can't even demonstrate or show that he's not more than an illusion.
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by dalaman: 1:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
ysyowel:
he is wise because only a fool say there is no God

All atheist repent for the day of the Lord is near

He's not wise because only a foolish fool says there's a God.
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by segunojo866: 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2017
dalaman:

There are people here who believe Yahweh is real but can't even demonstrate or show that he's not more than an illusion.
especially women. The idea of a personal god is bullshit
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by ScienceWatch: 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
dalaman:

Your question has been effectively answered a billion times in history, Dalaman.

A professor said to Greg, “I hear you won an award, how did you do that ?
Greg replied, “It is God that is doing everything for us sir.”
Professor, God ?
Greg, Yes sir
Prof, “Which God ?
Geg, He is in heaven,
Prof, can you see your God ?
Geg, No sir.
Prof, Can you touch your God
Greg, No sir.

Prof says angrily, Then there is no God !!!
Greg looks surprised by this s0-called intelligent mans opinion.
Prof then says that science has proven it, that anything you cant see or touch does not exist. Therefore you don’t have a God !!!! I am a Prof, I know things that you don’t.

Greg recovers and asks, Prof how do you know there is no God ?
Prof says, Common sense, I use my sense.
Grey asks, where is your sense ?
Prof says, It is up here, pointing to his head.
Grey asks, Can you see your sense ?
Prof says, No.
Greg asks, Can you touch your sense ?
Prof says, no.
Greg says, That means that your sense don’t exist, because according to science anything you cant see or touch does not exit. Therefore you don’t have any sense prof.

1 Like

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by butterflyl1on: 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Your question has been effectively answered a billion times in history.

A professor said to Greg, “I hear you won an award, how did you do that ?
Greg replied, “It is God that is doing everything for us sir.”
Professor, God ?
Greg, Yes sir
Prof, “Which God ?
Geg, He is in heaven,
Prof, can you see your God ?
Geg, No sir.
Prof, Can you touch your God
Greg, No sir.

Prof says angrily, Then there is no God !!!
Greg looks surprised by this s0-called intelligent mans opinion.
Prof then says that science has proven it, that anything you cant see or touch does not exist. Therefore you don’t have a God !!!! I am a Prof, I know things that you don’t.

Greg recovers and asks, Prof how do you know there is no God ?
Prof says, Common sense, I use my sense.
Grey asks, where is your sense ?
Prof says, It is up here, pointing to his head.
Grey asks, Can you see your sense ?
Prof says, No.
Greg asks, Can you touch your sense ?
Prof says, no.
Greg says, That means that your sense don’t exist, because according to science anything you cant see or touch does not exit. Therefore you don’t have any sense prof.

Ha ha ha very true. Lmao

Sciencewatch you have a way with words bro
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by butterflyl1on: 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
Niflheim:
If he had a refutation to Evolution.........................where was his Nobel Prize?

RESPONSE 1: Had Dr. Lumsden been able to show any fault in the Theory, had he been able to introduce a single finding undermining it,
not only would there have been a massive change in the scientific community, Lumsden would most likely be a Nobel prize winner.

RESPONSE 2: He's just one person with a Ph.D. in Cell Biology. The overwhelming majority of the experts in the scientific community still thinks evolution by natural selection is the best explanation for the biodiversity on this planet.

RESPONSE 3:I don't really care. If I did, it would be a fallacy. It would be a faulty appeal to authority. Logic is blind, it doesn't care about the source. We don't have a blind cultist attachment to specific leaders.

RESPONSE 4:What in the world does evolutionary biology have to do with atheism? Why is this question directed at atheists?

RESPONSE 5: If anyone is suggesting we should agree with Lumsden's opinion because of his scientific credentials, I humbly suggest they use Occam's Razor to open a vein.

RESPONSE 6: I just wonder what he's been putting in that pipe he's smoking!

RESPONSE 7: Ever hear of Francis Collins? Google Francis Collins and human genome, go ahead, BTW He is an evangelical christian and he states doing modern biology without evolution is like doing physics without math.

RESPONSE 8: I've never heard of the guy, and I don't care what he converted to.

RESPONSE 9: Why would one man's views be my business, out of so many millions?

CONCLUSION: The first 4 letters of the op's username, spell the word "BUTT"!!! The 7th, 8th and 9th, spell the word "FLY"!!! Wanna no why? Because every specie of 'FLY' on this planet seems to gravitate towards 'BUTT'(which cannot seem to stop producing heavy amounts of bullshit)!!!

CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW!!! IT STINKS OF BULLSHIT!!!

I laugh in evolution grin grin

Ironically Dr. Francis Collins was also once an atheist whom his scientific discoveries and observations in quantum mechanics and medicine and physical chemistry made him come to realise God was in the details.

He converted from atheism to a red hot burning for God Christian.

Checkmate! grin

This was his CNN interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BcXyKB4ZmQ

This is his testimony about HOW HE BECAME A CHRISTIAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaEQyNeaFZs

all of them are dumping atheism due to its senselessness. grin

1 Like

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by budaatum: 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
segunojo866:

Next you'd claim Spiderman is an illusion! Or worst still, Father Christmas is an illusion! I beg if you don't know anything why don't you just......

Superman is not an illusion, you ignorant atheist!
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by segunojo866: 2:31pm On Oct 11, 2017
budaatum:

Next you'd claim Spiderman is an illusion! Or worst still, Father Christmas is an illusion! I beg if you don't know anything why don't you just......

Superman is not an illusion, you ignorant atheist!
am not an atheist
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by budaatum: 2:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
segunojo866:
am not an atheist
I noticed.
segunojo866:
I My views are complex i will define myself as 60percent agnostic 30percent atheist,10percent Christian and ZERO percent Muslim.
I don't care. Take it back! Superman is not an illusion, you "60percent agnostic 30percent atheist,10percent Christian and ZERO percent Muslim".
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
budaatum:

I noticed.

I don't care. Take it back! Superman is not an illusion, you "60percent agnostic 30percent atheist,10percent Christian and ZERO percent Muslim".
LoL @10% Christian , facepalm.

are YOU an atheist ?
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by ScienceWatch: 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Ha ha ha very true. Lmao

Sciencewatch you have a way with words bro
Thanks butterflyl1on, but I am actually learning from you.
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by dalaman: 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
This mor0n should pls stay off my mention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by butterflyl1on: 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
dalaman:
This mor0n should pls stay off my mention.

I enjoy reading your ignorant rants in the face of knowledgeable people. grin

Check my other thread about proving God in 5 minutes and display more of your ignorance in your rants cheesy
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by dalaman: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

I enjoy reading your ignorant rants in the face of knowledgeable people. grin

Check my other thread about proving God in 5 minutes and display more of your ignorance in your rants cheesy

And who are the "knowledgeable" people? I've already told you to stop your imaginations about me. So you've finally proved your God in 5 mins abi?

If I call you deluded, you'll start baaing and mehing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by DoctorAlien(m): 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
Great thread, butterflyl1on. Apparently Dr. Lumsden realized that it takes much more faith to believe in molecules-to-Man evolution than to believe in the eyewitness account of the Creator Himself.

1 Like

Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by budaatum: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2017
OliviaPope:
LoL @10% Christian , facepalm.

are YOU an atheist ?
I am, that I am.
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by butterflyl1on: 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
dalaman:

And who are the "knowledgeable" people? I've already told you to stop your imaginations about me. So you've finally proved your God in 5 mins abi?

If I call you deluded, you'll start baaing and mehing.

more ignorant rants from the professor of Religion and swapping grin
Re: Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian by ScienceWatch: 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:
The Mafia called science!

Because Dr. Richard Lumsden gave his life to Christ and became a creationist he was evicted from the faculty of science.

This was the same man who won the highest world award in parasitology and whom they celebrated. A wrong research did not get him evicted but conversion to Christianity and accepting creationism did.

It is well! smiley

You right butterflyl1on, Science is a MAFIA gang. This professor is one of the rare brave souls that prefer truth above a career.

This brief extract from the OP reveal a very rare quality among hardened Atheists. This Atheist was creative and flexible in spite of the shackles of rigid scientific indoctrination. He broke free, He had conscience.

Dr. Richard Lumsden was professor of parasitology and cell biology at Tulane University. He served as dean of the graduate school, and published hundreds of scientific papers. He trained 30 PhDs. Thoroughly versed in biological sciences, both in knowledge and lab technique, including electron microscopy, he won the highest world award for parasitology. All through his career he believed Darwinian evolution was an established principle of science, and he took great glee in ridiculing Christian beliefs.

One day, he heard that Louisiana had passed a law requiring equal time for creation with evolution, and he was angry– how stupid, he thought, and how evil! He used the opportunity to launch into a tirade against creationism in class, and to give them his best eloquence in support of Darwinism. Little did he know he had a formidable opponent in class that day. No, not a silver-tongued orator to engage him in a battle of wits; that would have been too easy.

This time it was a gentle, polite, young female student.

This student went up to him after class and cheerfully exclaimed, “Great lecture, Doc! Say, I wonder if I could make an appointment with you; I have some questions about what you said, and just want to get my facts straight.”

Dr. Lumsden, flattered with this student’s positive approach, agreed on a time they could meet in his office. On the appointed day, the student thanked him for his time, and started in. She did not argue with anything he had said about evolution in class, but just began asking a series of questions:

1) “How did life arise? . . .
2) "Isn’t DNA too complex to form by chance?"
3) "Why are there gaps in the fossil record between major kinds?"
4) "What are the missing links between apes and man?”

She didn’t act judgmental or provocative; she just wanted to know.

Prof. Lumsden, unabashed, gave the standard evolutionary answers to the questions. But something about this interchange began making him very uneasy. He was prepared for a fight, but not for a gentle, honest set of questions. As he listened to himself spouting the typical evolutionary responses, he thought to himself, This does not make any sense. What I know about biology is contrary to what I’m saying. When the time came to go, the student picked up her books and smiled, “Thanks, Doc!” and left. On the outside,

Dr. Lumsden appeared confident; but on the inside, he was devastated. He knew that everything he had told this student was wrong.

IT IS VERY RARE TO MEET AN ATHEIST WITH A CONSCIENCE !

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Years Old Boy Recalls Past Life, Identifies Killer And Location Of Body. / US Senate Chaplain Quotes TB Joshua Prophecy On Joe Biden / The Battle of Armageddon and the end of this world

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.