Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Corp Member Reveals How She Started Business With NYSC Allowance - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Corp Member Reveals How She Started Business With NYSC Allowance (497 Views)

This Is How I Started Business With Just 9500 Naira, 3 Years Ago - Iwok / I Finally Started Business After 2years Of Finishing My NYSC / For Those Who Started Business While In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corp Member Reveals How She Started Business With NYSC Allowance by OCHERAY(m): 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]When you think about beauty, brain and brawn, Esther Seun Ige fits perfectly into the picture. Full of vigor, exuding great zest and a laughter that is contagious, you can’t be bored sitting with Seun. Corpers Diary and
TellableNews caught up with her as she shares her life as an undergraduate, a Corp member and entrepreneur. EXCERPTS
* You recently unveiled and launched “Festher Snacks”, please tell us about it. When did you start and what has been the achievements thus far?
Festher snack is a new confectionery firm that produces assorted and tasty fried plantain chips and doughnuts. I started about 6 weeks ago and I thank God for the success, because I know am getting there soon. I started with my allawee for that month (produced 7 dozens from it) now I make about 40 dozens in a week
* How have you been coping with the demands of your PPA and the day to day running of “Festher Snacks”.
Well, my PPA is a college of education, I resume by 8.30am and I close around 3pm or 4pm. Moreover the College is on holiday now. But as soon as I get home, I start frying the chips. I go to the market to buy raw materials early in the morning by 6am and will be back around 7 or 7.30am. Sometimes, I fry after my CDS meetings on Fridays. It hasn’t been easy because I am both the producer and the marketer.
” You graduated with First Class Honours from the prestigious University of Ibadan. Please tell us about this feat
(Smiles) First class was what I wanted before gaining admission into UI. In my prayers I tell God “First class or nothing”. My NCE background really helped me. I studied SLD/Economics at Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo, before proceeding to UI to study Special Education/Economics.
I will also say this, I worked for God during my undergraduate days and anytime I mount the alter to sing, I always remind God about our ‘agreement’ and he answered my prayers. Also i don’t miss classes and I pay rapt attention in class and takes notes alot. I am very jovial and because of this, you won’t know I am the serious type when it comes to academics. I read during the day not at night because i don’t joke with my sleep.
* What inspired you to aim and work towards having a First Class degree ?
It has been the goal from the beginning. When my mates in secondary school went directly to university, I went to College of education (no regrets though, am happy I took that step) due to financial constraints then, so I told myself “ape koto jeun ko gbodo je ibaje”(you shouldn’t eat a food that taste bad after taking so long to prepare). So I strived hard with the help of God and at the end I got what I wanted (First Class).
* What were the challenges you encountered in the course of your study?
So many challenges. I was working and studying at the same time. My weekends were usually very busy because I go for ushering jobs and sometimes during the week. I also sell food stuffs then, and some other petty things in the front of the house I was living. I was combining two to three things together just to make a living and settle my school bills. Then the Economics I combined with Special Education really gave me headache, so I had to read many times before getting any topic taught in class. Economics really gave me issues but I give all glory to God . I was also the treasurer of the student association in my department then in my 300level, my GP dropped due to so many activities which led me to miss classes a lot but thank God, all is history now.
* Who are your role models?
Late Dora Akuyili and Dr. Femi Fakolade (Department of Special Education, UI), Bukola Bekes and Tope Alabi (music role models)
* You once said sarcastically that “my story get as e be”. Please tell us a bit about yourself.
I am from a poor background, I lived with my grandparents in Oyo town went to Federal Government Girls’ College Oyo for my secondary education, proceeded to FCE (SP) Oyo for my NCE program after my NCE program, I went to Lagos to ‘hustle’ because I wanted to go to the University and was told to ‘hustle’ on my own if I wanted that, so I worked as a receptionist and waitress in Perfect Delicious and Suites in Lagos. I saved and applied for direct entry into UI. I was given admission and was responsible for all my bills since then, but I give all the glory to God because “I DON’T LOOK LIKE WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH”(Thats what i say to myself all the time). All these things brought out the independent spirit in me. That made me think of doing something during my service year, and I know the sky is my starting point. I am a social person, All work and no play makes Esther a dull babe.
* Where do you plan to be in the next 5 years?
Be among the successful business women in the world
* Please give a word of encouragement and inspiration to a lady reading this interview.
Well, I will say, what is worth doing is worth doing well , vocational skill and entrepreneurship is very important. Engage yourself in it and try to be the best in whatever you engage in.

http://tellablenewsng./2017/10/11/corp-member-reveals-how-she-started-business-with-nysc-allowance

Re: Corp Member Reveals How She Started Business With NYSC Allowance by Bigbeard(m): 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
Lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Don’t Know Atlantic Global Asset Management—ecobank / Partnership Between Dalecoin And Jbox ICO Finalized / This Simple Fiverr Gig Can Give YOU $16 In Ten Minutes - It Gave Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.