Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia (161495 Views)

The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by tpia5: 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

they dont eat their own people. they just prefer the flesh of the occasional foreigner/fisherman, who has had the misfortune to wash up on their shores. wat beautiful & unique race. smiley

Will you be visiting there anytime soon?

enjoy your trip.
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:54pm On Jul 21, 2011
heres a video of the mysterious Andaman Senintelese, shooting arrows at st.upid europeans. they should be left alone. These disese carrying european christian filth poke their long noses everywhere. the Senintelese can be wiped out if they contact outsiders since they lack immunity. angry angry angry angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yehiEiuFu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GGySHNoJDU&feature=related
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:05am On Jul 22, 2011
tpia@:

Will you be visiting there anytime soon?

enjoy your trip.

never. i dont want to interfere in their lives. angry

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by kandiikane(m): 12:10am On Jul 22, 2011
. they just prefer the flesh of the occasional foreigner/fisherman, who has had the misfortune to wash up on their shores. wat beautiful & unique race.

Lool. . grin

I watched the videos, they are actually jumping side to side. . shocked So these are the people that jump side to side with spears in their hands and these western people think its us Africans. . grin
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by tpia5: 12:12am On Jul 22, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

never. i dont want to interfere in their lives. angry

you dont say.
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by kandiikane(m): 12:14am On Jul 22, 2011
They are actually very black. .
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:22am On Jul 22, 2011
watch the Jarawas. beautiful ppl n video. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwRY6nbq424&feature=related

kandiikane:

Lool. . grin

I watched the videos, they are actually jumping side to side. . shocked So these are the people that jump side to side with spears in their hands and these western people think its us Africans. . grin

hehe i thought the same when i saw that. but 4 some reason, i feel proud of them when I see that. brings tears to my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by kandiikane(m): 12:32am On Jul 22, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

watch the Jarawas. beautiful ppl n video. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwRY6nbq424&feature=related

hehe i thought the same when i saw that. but 4 some reason, i feel proud of them when I see that. brings tears to my eyes.

lool, do you see yourself in them? grin
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:36am On Jul 22, 2011
kandiikane:

lool, do you see yourself in them? grin

i think so. i cant explain it really. undecided sad

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by kandiikane(m): 1:02am On Jul 22, 2011
Hm, that is very weird. . .
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ebeledi(m): 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

heres a video of the mysterious Andaman Senintelese, shooting arrows at st.upid europeans. they should be left alone. These disese carrying european christian filth poke their long noses everywhere. the Senintelese can be wiped out if they contact outsiders since they lack immunity. angry angry angry angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yehiEiuFu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GGySHNoJDU&feature=related

I wonder if they would act hostile to an african with black skin??
would they embrace us more or what
i might have to try going there one day and find out lolz
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2011
NO DONT GOangry angry angry angry

first of all, instead of embracing you, they might end up eating you or sacrificing you to their Gods.

second and most importantly, as i said before, they lack immunity against many diseases and even a common cold from you might kill them. angry angry angry angry

thirdly, they dont know anything about race, slavery, etc so dont even think of evoking sympathy from them. but they probably do recognise other tribes on their Island.

and lastly, if you are missionary, then just forget it. u do harm to these peaceful & happy people.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by tpia5: 12:59am On Jul 26, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

i think so. i cant explain it really. undecided sad

i can.
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by pleep(m): 10:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
ebeledi:

I wonder if they would act hostile to an african with black skin??
would they embrace us more or what
i might have to try going there one day and find out lolz
Lol these people are beyond black wink
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by Goldieluks: 9:11am On Jul 28, 2011
wow,i love their hair,

now i believe that the white people,actually originated from the black race.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by pleep(m): 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2011
It always annoys me when ppl say that. Like white ppl 'evolved' from black people or something. humans just adapt to their enviornment no race came from the other.

and even if it were true. . . is that something to be proud of? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by Goldieluks: 11:54am On Aug 01, 2011
pleep off please.i wasn't referring to you or anyone.^^

talk your own.
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by kandiikane(m): 12:52am On Aug 02, 2011
^^What he said is true though. . undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by firestar(f): 1:50am On Aug 05, 2011
Hmm, its a beautiful thing to feel happy when one is exposed to other cultures. cheesy
Thank you for sharing! cool
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by pleep(m): 3:53am On Aug 08, 2011
Goldieluks:

talk your own.
w/e I wasn't refering to you or anyone, I was just making a statement. " Talking my own" so to speak.
So. . . Shutup wink
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by pleep(m): 3:55am On Aug 08, 2011
Goldieluks:

talk your own.
w/e I wasn't refering to you or anyone, I was just making a statement. " Talking my own" so to speak.
So. . . Shutup wink
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ebeledi(m): 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

NO DONT GO. angry angry angry angry

first of all, instead of embracing you, they might end up eating you or sacrificing you to their Gods.

second and most importantly, as i said before, they lack immunity against many diseases and even a common cold from you might kill them. angry angry angry angry

thirdly, they dont know anything about race, slavery, etc so dont even think of evoking sympathy from them. but they probably do recognise other tribes on their Island.

and lastly, if you are missionary, then just forget it. u do harm to these peaceful & happy people.

i would never go there as a "missionary"
i would go there with peace to experience a people
and i think it depends on which tribes one encounters, not all of them are hostile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ska8w1xcgHo&feature=related
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by Cyrielle: 9:34am On Jun 17, 2012
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2012
Huli wigmen Tribe from the Highlands of Papua New Guinea

Map of New Guinea

[img]http://epress.anu.edu.au/apps/bookworm/view/Steep+Slopes%3A+Music+and+change+in+the+Highlands+of+Papua+New+Guinea/5171/images/Figure%207.1_touch_fmt.jpeg[/img]

[img]http://www.cmphoto.co.nz/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Huli-Wigman-smoke-WP.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.jeffshea.com/photos/large/PNG,HuliWigmenWoman,1983.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_aGYO2lyS3AY/RyCkGyfqltI/AAAAAAAAASI/3LCP9ES6eAg/s400/DSCF6639.JPG[/img]

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
Scientist have found the genetic riddle of Melanesian Blondness, Here is what i found from another website, i rarely visit.

Riddle of Solomon solved: Scientists find South Sea islanders' blond hair didn't come from Europeans, but evolved separately
Many assumed blonde hair came from Europeans
'Homegrown' gene actually evolved separately
5-10% of population have distinctive blond gene
Islanders believed blond hair came from the sun, or a diet rich in fish

The inhabitants of the Solomon Islands - east of Papua New Guinea - are very dark-skinned - but have puzzled scientists for decades with their blond hair.
Now a genetic study has found that the islanders have a 'homegrown' gene that gives them blond hair - and it's different from the one in Europeans.
Its frequency is between 5 and 10 percent across the Solomon Islands, which is about the same as where I'm from,’ said study author Eimear Kenny, PhD, who was born in Ireland.

Globally, blond hair is rare, occurring with substantial frequency only in northern Europe and in Oceania, which includes the Solomon Islands and its neighbors.
Many assumed the blond hair of Melanesia was the result of gene flow — a trait passed on by European explorers, traders and others who visited in the preceding centuries.
The islanders themselves give several possible explanations for its presence - they generally chalked it up to sun exposure, or a diet rich in fish, say the researchers.
‘Within a week we had our initial result. It was such a striking signal pointing to a single gene — a result you could hang your hat on. That rarely happens in science,’ said Kenny.
'It was one of the best experiences of my career.’
In terms of genetic studies, the analysis was straightforward, said Kenny.
But gathering the data, accomplished in 2009 by Myles and co-first author Nicholas Timpson, PhD, was more difficult.
Much of the Solomon Islands is undeveloped, without roads, electricity or telephones.
It's also one of the most linguistically diverse nations in the world, with dozens of languages spoken.

‘They have this very dark skin and bright blond hair. It was mind-blowing,’ said Myles.
‘As a geneticist on the beach watching the kids playing, you count up the frequency of kids with blond hair, and say, 'Wow, it's 5 to 10 percent.'

Myles and Timpson went village to village explaining what they wanted to do and asking for permission to gather data, Myles speaking in Solomon Islands pidgin, the most widely understood language.
When the local chief gave the OK, the researchers recruited participants and assessed hair and skin color using a light reflectance meter, took blood pressure readings and measured heights and weights.
They asked the villagers to spit into small tubes to provide saliva to be used for DNA extraction. In the span of a month they collected more than 1,000 samples.
Soon after, Kenny joined the lab and started the analysis, selecting 43 blond- and 42 dark-haired Solomon Islanders from the opposite 10 percent extremes of the hair pigmentation range.
She used these in a genome-wide association study, a method to reveal differences in the frequency of genetic variants between two groups, that usually requires thousands of samples.
Because the vast majority of human physical characteristics analyzed to date have many genetic and environmental factors, Kenny expected an inconclusive result that would require much further study. Instead, she immediately saw a single strong signal on chromosome 9, which accounted for 50 percent of the variance in the Solomon Islanders' hair color.
The team went on to identify the gene responsible, TYRP1, which encodes tyrosinase-related protein 1, an enzyme previously recognized as influencing pigmentation in mice and humans.
Further research revealed that the particular variant responsible for blond hair in the Solomon Islands is absent in the genomes of Europeans.
‘So the human characteristic of blond hair arose independently in equatorial Oceania. That's quite unexpected and fascinating,’ Kenny said
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2139462/Riddle-Solomon-solved-Scientists-South-Sea-islanders-blond-hair-didnt-come-Europeans-evolved-separately.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120503142536.htm
articles of findings above.

[img]http://fortheloveofkinks.files./2012/05/family-of-blondes.jpg[/img]

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2012
ababda:
Interesting, [size=18pt]This gentleman looks similar to the people in Kordofon or Darfur in Central and western Sudan[/size], i would not have thought he was Aboriginal. As you already know Sudan is the fault line of all the different african peoples North African/Egyptian element, nilotic element, cushitic element, bantu element, and arabs element, however the only group is not there is the Khoisan people, but everything else we have.

You are a genius.

that is where it is believed that they originated from.
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2012
Their blond hair has nothing to do with Europeans.
I am glad they cannot claim them now that the DNA proves this to be the case. grin
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2012
ebeledi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ska8w1xcgHo&feature=related

cushites?

interesting...not to sure about that lol.
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by TerryCarr(m): 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2012
they are not "black" Africans people they are "Australoid"
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
TerryCarr: they are not "black" Africans people they are "Australoid"

Actually they are black Africans. wink

As of this year it has been confirmed these people are straight from Africa.
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by MrsChima1(f): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
Whoooweeee...would somebody please come these children's hair!

I have an old jar of Hawaiian Silk. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by free2ryhme: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
Whoooweeee...would somebody please come these children's hair!

I have an old jar of Hawaiian Silk. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

mdm chima, na wa sha !!!!!! .... If the people were americans ah they are blonde and beautiful ... but black u need to comb their hair ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / Some Animal And Birds Names In Yoruba. / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.