Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ (23245 Views)

Gov Sanwo-Olu Denies Rumour Of Curfew In Lagos / Nigerian Army Denies INEC's Claim That Soldiers Disrupted Rivers State Elections / See Clearer Photos To Show That Soldiers Allegedly Shot A Man Dead In Aba Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 12, 2017
obailala:
If we must be honest with ourselves, you are the one dodging the questions I raised. Children running away and parents frantically scaling fences to pick their children was obviously a result of the dangerous rumours from 'certain sources' about children being forcibly injected with killer substances in schools by soldiers. If I were a parent, even though I know better, I would have also gone to pick my kids. Likewise if I was a student, I would have also run away upon hearing such a dangerous rumour.
There is no smoke without fire.

obailala:

But the real question I would ask you again, and which I would implore you not to dodge this time is, "did the army really forcibly vaccinate any child without parental consent?" "Do you know know anyone whose child was vaccinated without their consent?... or are you just like millions of others who just conclude and pass comments based on a pre-existing prejudice against the soldiers/government?
Read the vanguard news article and see for yourself https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/commotion-s-east-vaccine/
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by megama: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2017
MediumStout:

Igbos are going nowhere. One Nigeria we shall remain
Igbos build Nigeria, so Nigeria belongs to Igbos. Where do you want igbo to go?? Only Igbos have properties scatters all over the state's of the Federation. Tell,mw another tribe in Nigeria that follow suit. The only problem facing this country is greediness
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by obailala(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2017
giftq:

There is no smoke without fire.

Read the vanguard news article and see for yourself https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/commotion-s-east-vaccine/
The article contains exactly the same thing I said, parents rushing to collect their kids from schools cos they heard a rumour that Nigerian soldiers are injecting Igbo children with killer monkey pox virus under the guise of vaccination (forceful vaccination). Infact the rumour mill had it that 3 kids who refused to be injected were shot dead. I live in London presently but my phone kept buzzing yestrday with broadcast messages with different forms of this dangerous rumour urging people to spread the news to all relatives in the SE. You dont need a soothsayer to explain to you why parents had to go pick their children from school.

Oh yes there's no smoke without fire, but i this case, the fire is well known, there's strong hate mongering in the entire SE zone of Nigeria against the govt and against the military for obvious reasons; the campaigns against the military and against the FG has also set deep paranoia and distrust in the minds of the people. The only fire required to produce this smoke is just ine nincompoop sitting in his house and composing the text message and broadcasting to all his contacts. This issue can easily be investigated, reason why I asked if you remotely know anyone whose child was ACTUALLY vaccinated without their consent. Such a person shouldnt be too difficult to find if they really exist.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 12, 2017
obailala:
The article contains exactly the same thing I said, parents rushing to collect their kids from schools cos they heard a rumour that Nigerian soldiers are injecting Igbo children with killer monkey pox virus under the guise of vaccination (forceful vaccination). Infact the rumour mill had it that 3 kids who refused to be injected were shot dead. I live in London presently but my phone kept buzzing yestrday with broadcast messages with different forms of this dangerous rumour urging people to spread the news to all relatives in the SE. You dont need a soothsayer to explain to you why parents had to go pick their children from school.

Oh yes there's no smoke without fire, but i this case, the fire is well known, there's strong hate mongering in the entire SE zone of Nigeria against the govt and against the military for obvious reasons; the campaigns against the military and against the FG has also set deep paranoia and distrust in the minds of the people. The only fire required to produce this smoke is just ine nincompoop sitting in his house and composing the text message and broadcasting to all his contacts. This issue can easily be investigated, reason why I asked if you remotely know anyone whose child was ACTUALLY vaccinated without their consent. Such a person shouldnt be too difficult to find if they really exist.
If they come and and start speaking, you will come up with another scheme to doubt them.

Just remain in London and leave those of us on the ground here to deal with real issues.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by TeamSimple(m): 10:42am On Oct 12, 2017
chineduemmao:
oga the igbos you meet daily are not different from the ones on NL just that the circumstances differ- if you meet an igbo man in the face of a serious biz and you expect him to be serious with any discussion not related to his daily bread, think again. If you really want to see the heart of an average igbo man concerning Biafra, relocate to the SE... [That would be a bad idea though]
So it means all the igbos here on nairaland are jobless . You just said it yourself .
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by obailala(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2017
giftq:

If they come and and start speaking, you will come up with another scheme to doubt them.

Just remain in London and leave those of us on the ground here to deal with real issues.
Deal with which real issues?.. By spreading fear and deliberately inflicting paranoia and chaos?... Is that the best way to deal with any issue?....
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2017
obailala:
Deal with which real issues?.. By spreading fear and deliberately inflicting paranoia and chaos?... Is that the best way to deal with any issue?....
They have every reason to fear the idi0tic policies of APC and the Zoogerian army.

Stop making excuses for a failed government led by incompetent old men and women.
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by GODWIN78(m): 11:06am On Oct 12, 2017
biafrans shine your eyes,nobody should inject your child,they have ulterior motive,before this radio Biafra, said it people should try listening to radio Biafra,the zoo have plan ,
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by Afamed: 11:11am On Oct 12, 2017
obailala:
Take it easy bro, I just stumbled into this your comment. Take it easy as you label someine else an ignoramus in an issue you know nothing about. Medical outreaches by the military is a common thing which occurs all over the world; this one isnt even the first time its happening in Nigeria.
My brother kindly ignore him. That has been their traits. When you present them with a superior argument, they go round to insults. Most of them are just being clever by half.
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2017
MediumStout:

I hope you people will stop screaming marginalization if other benefits of governance is excluded from the east henceforth. Your rejection of this vaccination is the beginning of igbo marginalization. You ain't seen nothing yet
Me just dey look you anya anya. Zombie!
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by wordcat(m): 11:36am On Oct 12, 2017
Their demand is simple,

Referendum or confederation.

Now you've known what they want, will you take back your free vaccine since there's no outbreak of any disease in the SE?

MediumStout:
sad sad What exactly do these igbo's want? Had this vaccination exercise began in the north and south west, you guys will blame buhari for Marginalization of igbos and favoring other regions. The president is proving to the world now that he is detribalized by sending the army to provide free medical care that none of your governors can provide yet all you can do is scream and raise false alarm instead of thanking buhari. IpoB was proscribed by the federal government and soldiers were ordered to provide health care for you people. It's called carrot and stick approach. The south east has the worst infrastructures in terms of hospital and medical care in the country, hence the need for free medical care. The out break of monkey pox in the SS and SE states is a reason why the army must vaccinate you people by force. You cannot be allowed to infect the whole country with terrible diseases cos you people are the most travelled tribe. This is the same mistake northerners made during GEJ era by rejecting polio vaccine. Their region has the highest cases of polio now. You people should limit your hatred for buhari. Accept him as your president if you want to benefit anything from his government and not be treated like 5%. A word is enough for the wise angry

1 Like

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 12, 2017
MediumStout:

I hope you people will stop screaming marginalization if other benefits of governance is excluded from the east henceforth. Your rejection of this vaccination is the beginning of igbo marginalization. You ain't seen nothing yet
There is NO BENEFIT in vaccinating children with an unknown vaccine, and without parental consent.

The zoo has damaged your thinking capacity.
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by Cjrane2: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2017
Before nko? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You are the dumbest fellow to expect Nigerian army not to deny anything they do.
If you ask them whether Nigerian army is inscribed in their uniform or vehicle, they will immediately DENY!

We never had such comic liars ever in the army. grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
raker300:
Liars!!!

I saw them in one of the schools here.

Their heavy van parked out front.

Blackened faces with red teeth

These guys know how to lie!!!

Why didn’t they ask for parental consent first?

What if those kids have already been vaccinated from said disease?

Vaccination has never been done in the east before by military personnel, why start now?

These guys should stop fooling themselves abeg.
what an illiterate.
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by chineduemmao: 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
aTeamSimple:
So it means all the igbos here on nairaland are jobless . You just said it yourself .
not jobless, just less busy. Most of them as students (including me) which you know so don't start insinuating anything you know you can't win.
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by MOORCHMOORE(m): 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2017
MediumStout:
sad sad What exactly do these igbo's want? Had this vaccination exercise began in the north and south west, you guys will blame buhari for Marginalization of igbos and favoring other regions. The president is proving to the world now that he is detribalized by sending the army to provide free medical care that none of your governors can provide yet all you can do is scream and raise false alarm instead of thanking buhari. IpoB was proscribed by the federal government and soldiers were ordered to provide health care for you people. It's called carrot and stick approach. The south east has the worst infrastructures in terms of hospital and medical care in the country, hence the need for free medical care. The out break of monkey pox in the SS and SE states is a reason why the army must vaccinate you people by force. You cannot be allowed to infect the whole country with terrible diseases cos you people are the most travelled tribe. This is the same mistake northerners made during GEJ era by rejecting polio vaccine. Their region has the highest cases of polio now. You people should limit your hatred for buhari. Accept him as your president if you want to benefit anything from his government And not be treated like 5%. A word is enough for the wise angry
Please stop saying that Buhari is trying to prove to the world anything. If he want to prove it, he should start with "Grant's, Scholarship" etc.
Such gestures were given to other parts of Nigeria.
And stop saying Igbo hate buhari. If at all, I think its on the contrary.
Why soldiers, what happened to Nigeria medical practitioners. Mind you Monkey is not in SE, they should work in middle belt and Sw states.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by obailala(m): 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2017
giftq:

They have every reason to fear the idi0tic policies of APC and the Zoogerian army.

Stop making excuses for a failed government led by incompetent old men and women.
Good thing you've just come out straight, the entire arguments and counter-arguments, and the whole saga has all along just being nothing but a form of political opposition for you and plenty others. Have a great day!
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
obailala:
Good thing you've just come out straight, the entire arguments and counter-arguments, and the whole saga has all along just being nothing but a form of political opposition for you and plenty others. Have a great day!
But incompetent soldiers vaccinating minors without parental consent is not a form of political opposition, right?
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by obailala(m): 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
giftq:

But incompetent soldiers vaccinating minors without parental consent is not a form of political opposition, right?
You are beginning to sound irritating like a broken record. I have asked you to point out where that happened and who it happened to but you've been dancing around in pointless circles.
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
obailala:
You are beginning to sound irritating like a broken record. I have asked you to point out where that happened and who it happened to but you've been dancing around in pointless circles.
Provide evidence that IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

Absence of proof does not mean proof of absence. (Such logic is difficult to grab in the zoo.)
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by OlivetBen(m): 1:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
obailala:
Take it easy bro, I just stumbled into this your comment. Take it easy as you label someine else an ignoramus in an issue you know nothing about. Medical outreaches by the military is a common thing which occurs all over the world; this one isnt even the first time its happening in Nigeria.
I didn't term you ignoramus. what I'm saying is that military mandates are limited to barracks. in a saner clime, you hardly see a soldier in uniform on the street of civilians let alone administering drugs. The only time you can see a soldier on the street is only when they are going for war and anything of such. More so, if such a thing should happen in Nigeria, i think proper sensitization should be given to citizens; schools, churches, mosques etc so that civilians won't be afraid of anything. You want to tell me if it had happened in the West here, people wouldn't have been thrown into panic? Let's reason well bro.
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2017

1 Like

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by OlivetBen(m): 1:28pm On Oct 12, 2017
Afamed:

My brother kindly ignore him. That has been their traits. When you present them with a superior argument, they go round to insults. Most of them are just being clever by half.
My brother can you check all the comments I've made on this platform and see if I've ever insulted anybody. I didn't call him names. It's just that you failed to understand. there is a great different between "acting like" and "you are."(it's pathetic that you failed to act as a clever person as u claim to be) Please learn to ascertain things before delving into it. thanks. for your information, do findings about me, I'm not tribalistic, I don't know about you.
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by obailala(m): 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2017
OlivetBen:

I didn't term you ignoramus. what I'm saying is that military mandates are limited to barracks. in a saner clime, you hardly see a soldier in uniform on the street of civilians let alone administering drugs. The only time you can see a soldier on the street is only when they are going for war and anything of such. More so, if such a thing should happen in Nigeria, i think proper sensitization should be given to citizens; schools, churches, mosques etc so that civilians won't be afraid of anything. You want to tell me if it had happened in the West here, people wouldn't have been thrown into panic? Let's reason well bro.
1. Soldiers walking on the streets in Nigeria is not a new thing, there's nothing unusual about it in Nigeria.

2. Soldiers carrying out medical outreaches to the public is not a new thing too in Nigeria; it's also not a strange occurence globally. Civilians attend military run hospitals, and civilians attend military run schools; there is nothing new or unusual about that. As a civilian, I have freely walked into a military hospital and received treatment before, likewise I know several people who have attended army day secondary schools, navy secondary schools and air force schools; there is nothing unusual about that and the military guys arent zombies that should be quarantined from the public until the next war.

It's been all over the news that the military will be conducting a free medical outreach where people go and get free medical consultations and free drugs, it has happened in Ebonyi last month, it happened in Abia 2 weeks ago and it was brought to Anambra lately. I'm not sure I understand the kind of 'proper publicity' you wanted the event to get. It is a voluntary exercise and I see no sense in the needless, ignorant vilification of the exercise; anybody who isnt interested is free to ignore it, public hospitals are still functuonal.
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by blackhinstan: 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2017
uche77zero:

Ibo has the highest number of Federal civil servants.
Ibos have produced secretary to the federal Government, Minister of Finance, Minister of state of Petroleum, Chief Of Army, Minister of aviation, Minister of interior, wetin una want again, we have other tribes in this country.

all they want is Biafra

and they are very serious not ready to reconcile
Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by OlivetBen(m): 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
obailala:
1. Soldiers walking on the streets in Nigeria is not a new thing, there's nothing unusual about it in Nigeria.

2. Soldiers carrying out medical outreaches to the public is not a new thing too in Nigeria; it's also not a strange occurence globally. Civilians attend military run hospitals, and civilians attend military run schools; there is nothing new or unusual about that. As a civilian, I have freely walked into a military hospital and received treatment before, likewise I know several people who have attended army day secondary schools, navy secondary schools and air force schools; there is nothing unusual about that and the military guys arent zombies that should be quarantined from the public until the next war.

It's been all over the news that the military will be conducting a free medical outreach where people go and get free medical consultations and free drugs, it has happened in Ebonyi last month, it happened in Abia 2 weeks ago and it was brought to Anambra lately. I'm not sure I understand the kind of 'proper publicity' you wanted the event to get. It is a voluntary exercise and I see no sense in the needless, ignorant vilification of the exercise; anybody who isnt interested is free to ignore it, public hospitals are still functuonal.

my brother it seems as if u failed to understand. I'm not disputing the fact that army does have hospitals, i stated it in my first comment. but their hospitals is based only in their barracks and if u wish to receive treatment there, you are free to, they don't discriminate so far you come. but for them to come out of barracks and start administering drugs, my brother if it is happening here in Nigeria, I'm telling u that it is abnormal. You said that soldiers walking on the the streets is not new to Nigeria, and that is the reason why I'm telling you that it's abnormal though it happens here in Nigeria. I told you that if it were in a saner clime, it won't happen. Go and read about the Catalan referendum that just happened, did u see any military men? even the police men that displayed unimaginable character were frowned at by the international community. Not that they used normal bullets but rubber bullets.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by naptu2: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2017

1 Share

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by naptu2: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
Live

1 Share

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by naptu2: 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2017

1 Share

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by naptu2: 2:02pm On Oct 12, 2017

1 Share

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by naptu2: 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
More

1 Share

Re: Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ by naptu2: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2017
Live

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aliyu Congratulates Buhari, Declares Curfew In Niger / Omisore’s Defection Widens Aregbesola, Oyetola’s Rift In Osun / Aminu Mohammed: Student Who Criticised Aisha Buhari Regains Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.