Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,989 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others (40429 Views)

Ignore Senate, Abuja-kaduna Highway Now Safe For Travellers – El-rufai Tells Nig / Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos / Anti-Igbo Song: Nnamdi Kanu Tells Igbos To Leave The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by RoyalUc(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
Pesuzok:

I am a core SE man, but for restructuring to ever work in this country, this quote has to be taken seriously, otherwise forget it.

I think the only restructuring that the whole Nigeria would accept for now is devolution of power, as for resource country, it would not work for now

Up to this point, at least a reasonable man has spoken.

Thanks
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Mbediogu(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nbote:
Imagine d kind of unreasonable statement made by a supposed leader. So becos ur population is more than other region U must lord over dem becos U are not equals?? Yet ur superior region tops d list of underdevelopment, uneducation and even diseases.. No wonder dey take every population census more serious than even their prayers.

I don't blame him, I blame d South dat are yet to unite and Lugard and his wife for dis unholy matrimony..

Quality of population is all that matters to me? Are the majority beggars or professionals? All population that is useless when it comes to national building is useless and should be discounted.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Splashme: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nbote:
Imagine d kind of unreasonable statement made by a supposed leader. So becos ur population is more than other region U must lord over dem becos U are not equals?? Yet ur superior region tops d list of underdevelopment, uneducation and even diseases.. No wonder dey take every population census more serious than even their prayers.

I don't blame him, I blame d South dat are yet to unite and Lugard and his wife for dis unholy matrimony..
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by bejeria101(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
See dis midget! He would never receive sense even if it stared him in the face. Olodo kaduna
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by LionInBoxOffice(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
Marsnizz:
you are right and good to treat all human equal but it's not right and equal in terms of population. For example " you have a budget of two hundred thousand (#200000) to be allocated for two group of people numbering 20,The first group have 15 people while the second group have 5 people.How are you going to divide this allocation of #200,000.Are you to divide the money equal or unequal?
You made this easy for me by mentioning "two groups". Divide the money(allocation) equally between the groups. Thank you.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by senatordave1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
LionInBoxOffice:
You made this easy for me by mentioning "two groups". Divide the money(allocation) equally between the groups. Thank you.
You lie.your being clever by half.so the quantity of food given to one person is the same that you will give to four others?
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by LionInBoxOffice(m): 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2017
senatordave1:

You lie.your being clever by half.so the quantity of food given to one person is the same that you will give to four others?
are you saying we can't distribute things equally for four or more people? Or we can't be fair in Nigeria?
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by bkool7(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
We were all created equal
Human perception made us unequal
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 6:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
Arrant nonsense from a man whose brain is as small as his size.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by bkool7(m): 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
LionInBoxOffice:
are you saying we can't distribute things equally for four or more people? Or we can't be fair in Nigeria?

Thats the logic

Four or more ppl will always get more than one or more
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by LionInBoxOffice(m): 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2017
bkool7:

Thats the logic

Four or more ppl will always get more than one or more
I'm talking about being fair in Nigeria.so, please, your logic doesn't apply here.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
2nattie:
The agitation for separation/restructure must be sustained for it to be achieved. None of these parasites wants to stay alone. Can anyone tell me what the likes of Jigawa, Kebbi have to offer Nigeria in terms of resources. They can barely stand on their own. They need the entire south to survive. It will happen but the agitation has to be sustained.

Can you tell me what Enugu and Ebonyi are contributing to the federation account?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
Amhappy:
shocked shocked shocked I thought restructuring is about giving more powers to the states. Do they want to create more states for each region or what? Share resources in line with percentage contribution to national purse simple. If you give more you get more. This population and parasitic ill is what restructuring should correct in the first place. It will make states to work hard. Most states are redundant even with their large population. Large population can breed a lot of income if put to use. China is an example.

So how do you think it is shared currently?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by joeyfire(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
El-Rufai is living proof of why the north despite consuming the lionshare of Nigeria's oil wealth for almost 60 years is still first in negative news like poor academic results, disease, terrorism and poverty.

Northern leaders are failures no be today. They cant imagine life without lining up to abuja to collect stipends every month. What a shame! A whole north with all the endowments and landmass yet el-rufai is whining about oil. See parasite thinking

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by bkool7(m): 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2017
LionInBoxOffice:
I'm talking about being fair in Nigeria.so, please, your logic doesn't apply here.

Dude, nothing is fair in this world. You
might as well get that straight right now.
The only fair thing is death
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Amhappy(f): 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2017
jpphilips:

So how do you think it is shared currently?

Population
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Pchidexy(m): 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
senatordave1:

All the aforementioned developed countries share their resources first of all base on population that is why they dont joke with their census.the north contributes most of our agro output.they have more to offer.
Why don't you shut up if you don't have anything to say. How much does the north contribute to the GDP? They keep breeding like rats hoping to use it as an advantage. You guys are terrible in this country.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
Amhappy:

I think Kebbi have food. Let them send their large population to farm and produce excessive food. If they can produce 20% of rice consumed in Nigeria,they should be okay. They can even export sef. Why choose to be parasitic when you can work hard. Lazy North.

Why choose to be ignorant when you can study? you have no clue how Nigeria works

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
Amhappy:

Population

why does Rivers state get higher allocation than Kano, care to explain??
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Amhappy(f): 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2017
jpphilips:

why does Rivers state get higher allocation than Kano, care to explain??

Because Niger delta gets additional 13% derivation.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Amhappy(f): 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
jpphilips:

Why choose to be ignorant when you can study? you have no clue how Nigeria works

I don't think you get my point. Every state can be self sufficient if they put their ass to work? Allocation has made states lazy. Restructure and let all man fend for themselves. Did you read El-rufia statement?
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by EternalTruths: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
jpphilips:

Can you tell me what Enugu and Ebonyi are contributing to the federation account?

If they contribute nothing, why then do you oppose Biafra.?
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by sshalom(m): 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
Very poor, insensitive and arrogant statements from someone who should know and certainly do better.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by maldino: 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
He is a well known sadist and dangerous...
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by dvee2: 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2017
kattytamer:

Truely...but the question is why must we remain one country? Are the visions and goals of the average yoruba, tiv, hausa or igbo man the same? Are they faced with similar problems? Do they have a common socio-cultural heritage? Can one man who is the president meet their diverse needs at same time? Would it be easier to manage if we were split based on similarities?

We must not remain as a country, but their are provisions on how to separate. Simple follow the provisions as stipulated by the constitution.
Not by shouting we must destroy the zoo when it doesn't favour and keeping quiet to share the loot when it favours your hero.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by poseidon12: 12:29am On Oct 13, 2017
Unscrupulous Nigerians. I didn't read where El-Rufai's statement was referring to the Southeast.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 2:27am On Oct 13, 2017
EternalTruths:

If they contribute nothing, why then do you oppose Biafra.?

I take it as a "no idea" answer, anyways, you guys can continue f00ling around on subjects you have no clue how it plays out.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 2:29am On Oct 13, 2017
Amhappy:

I don't think you get my point. Every state can be self sufficient if they put their ass to work? Allocation has made states lazy. Restructure and let all man fend for themselves. Did you read El-rufia statement?

Why do you need restructuring to make the state work? You just sounded as if all governors are destitutes that needs restructuring to reason.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 2:33am On Oct 13, 2017
Amhappy:

Because Niger delta gets additional 13% derivation.

But you told us before now that allocations are given based on population only, so you know about 13% derivatives? Thats a new one, have you heard of the 3%, 1% and 0.3% derivatives as well?
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by AlwaysUltraPad: 3:13am On Oct 13, 2017
hatchy:
This satanist,religious and Northern bigot was made committee chairman for restructuring deliberately because Buhari and Apc knows that nothing good will come out of this committee.

El Rufai is known for his hatred for the South and non moslem.
you kids just rant without content.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by AlwaysUltraPad: 3:16am On Oct 13, 2017
jpphilips:

Why do you need restructuring to make the state work? You just sounded as if all governors are destitutes that needs restructuring to reason.
restructuring is the new word, everyone is saying it without telling us how it should be done. Just ask the guy to tell you how it should be done, and he'd disappear.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by double0seven(m): 5:07am On Oct 13, 2017
dvee2:
You can twist what he said for the benefit of your gullible followers but you cannot run from the truth.
He was talking in the light of those calling for equal 6 states across the regions, there can never be equality in that.
You can't have a region that has a population of 5M having the same number of states with another region that has 25M people,there is no equality in that.

If that's the case, if that can be said of population, then same thing should be said concerning resources

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam / How PDP Leaders Betrayed Jonathan / Sahara Reporters Employee Stripped & Arrested By Police After His GraduationPICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.