Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' (1645 Views)

"The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson / 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas / Photos From "The Wedding Party 2" Premiere In Lagos (Arabian Themed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by RinzyReviews: 8:37am On Oct 12, 2017
I fear for ‘The Wedding Party 2’ and it’s for a good cause. Expectations are here. People are too excited. December 15 seems so far. But, what if our systems have gotten too excited nothing can gauge it? What if the movie comes out and we feel it’s same as part one, only recycled and more foreigner? What if we get too vexed that we start to notice the flaws we purposely overlooked in the first installment?

God forbid!

[URL=https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=fdg8_WIaOwU][/URL]

I enjoyed ‘The Wedding Party’ so much, that if a sequel would spoil the memory for me, I’d rather not watch.

A popular trend is that the second never gets to be quite as entertaining as the first, but that has never stopped studio execs from green lighting a sequel when the first gets so popular its now referred to as pop culture. ‘The Wedding Party’ is one of our own pop culture, original and Nigerian, something we seem to be lacking in the scene. Hopefully, it breaks the jinx of Hollywood, and starts something new and great for us here – the new Nollywood we call it – our new way of life.

The teaser trailer released days ago has done exactly as intended – to get people pumped and tongues wagging – pockets also itching to spend enough money that another box office records is shattered. So many familiar faces, old and new to the franchise, a phenomenal way to build a brand that’ll last a lifetime. Ebony Life has got a goldmine in their hands.

The success of ‘The Wedding Party 2’ is crucial to the way the Nigerian cinematic movie culture improves, we may not know it until 2018 has aged properly, hopefully, gracefully too. Be thou as it may, I’m waiting for the day; that date; December 15, 2017. Mark your calendars, friends, Christmas this year just got litter.
– RR.

https://rinzyreviews./2017/10/12/i-honestly-fear-for-the-wedding-party-2/

Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by quiverfull(m): 10:23am On Oct 12, 2017
These guys have upped the game in the Nigerian movie industry. Kudos to Mo Abudu and the cast.

3 Likes

Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by Talius(m): 6:25pm On Oct 12, 2017
quiverfull:
These guys have upped the game in the Nigerian movie industry. Kudos to Mo Abudu and the cast.
Yes, they have. Nollywoood will keep moving forward. I pray the pace is continuous: rather slow and steady than too fast and quick death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by RinzyReviews: 12:52pm On Oct 13, 2017
Read up, people, and tell me what you think.
Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by enemmo(f): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
I pray it won't be a movie advert for Dubai tourism.

And that too many 'cooks' will not spoil the broth.

1 Like

Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by RinzyReviews: 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
enemmo:
I pray it won't be a movie advert for Dubai tourism.

And that too many 'cooks' will not spoil the broth.

That's a cause to be worried for.
Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by Macdove02(m): 11:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
I am also looking forward to it. Nollywood hasn't been very good when it comes to producing sequels of good films. Mr & Mrs and When Love Happens are good examples. I wished I never saw this movies. I was very pleased seeing the first part only. Let's see what Mo Abudu and Niyi Akinmolayan has in stock for us. December 15th is near.

2 Likes

Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by RinzyReviews: 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
Macdove02:
I am also looking forward to it. Nollywood hasn't been very good when it comes to producing sequels of good films. Mr & Mrs and When Love Happens are good examples. I wished I never saw this movies. I was very pleased seeing the first part only. Let's see what Mo Abudu and Niyi Akinmolayan has in stock for us. December 15th is near.
Yea, let's see. I hope they do a good job.
Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by RinzyReviews: 6:38am On Nov 23, 2017
LATEST!

So, yesterday, I was opportune to watch an extended trailer for The Wedding Party 2 (#TWP2)... and I wasn't happy.

Why?

Because it seemed like a remake of everything that happened in part one, only with the inclusion of 'Destination Dubai'.

There were so many cast members from the first movie whose characters, I believe, have no business in the sequel (to avoid repetition) such as Beverly Naya and Emma oh my God...

I believe this is a problem that continually plagues Nigeria's artistry, the inability to remain creative after money has been made. Lots of artists suffer from this.

I'll just pause my ranting here until the movie is out in the cinemas... Dec. 15 is the date. I'm waiting. I do hope I'm wrong, I so want this sequel to work.

#TheWeddingParty #TWP2
Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by RinzyReviews: 7:30am On Dec 13, 2017
Two days to go. The wait is almost over.
Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by RinzyReviews: 7:35am On Dec 15, 2017
'The Wedding Party 2' arrives cinemas today. You should read this.

I've been trailing reports from the Ebony Life camp concerning 'The Wedding Party 2: Destination Dubai' ever since the sequel was announced. Ever since I watched the trailer, my anticipation has reduced drastically (almost by half).

Why?

Because, like I said in my first article, the trailer makes the movie feel like a recap of the first one.

How would I know this?

It wouldn't take a prophet to see. It's more than obvious... characters with story arcs that 'shouldn't' be continued, like Rosie's obsession with Dozie and Saka's ori-oke of Ekiti were conspicuously placed in the trailer.

I understand that the 'powers that be' want to retain the winning formula, but there's a big difference between retaining the magic and repeating the action.

At the world premiere last Sunday (10/12/17), most of the casts were interviewed. That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Banky W who plays Dozie said, and I rephrase, "everybody is the same, same old same old."

Beverly Naya who plays Rosie said, and I rephrase, "Rosie is still after Dozie even though he's married and expecting twins. Basically, she's still the same."

Frank Donga who plays Harrison said, and I quote, "You asked for it, we've brought it, the same but better. It's for you all to enjoy."

Three cast members basically telling em to dole out my cash to go watch the same movie probably because they increased the amount of familiar faces (like my sweet Patience Ozokwor).

The way this movie fares at the box office will teach me the finally lesson on the way the Nigerian movie market works, if the consumers like a repeat of the winning mojo of another side of the action.

- Rinzy Reviews.

1 Like

Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by ammyluv2002(f): 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
Pls continue. ...it's out already! I'm waiting for your reviews

1 Like

Re: I Honestly Fear For 'The Wedding Party 2' by RinzyReviews: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2017
ammyluv2002:
Pls continue. ...it's out already! I'm waiting for your reviews

Once I watch it, I'll review. Thanks for following.

(1) (Reply)

#BBNaija: Watch Miracle And Nina Kissing & Romancing Around 1AM / Past Lives Movie Download / JAGABAN Ft. SELINA TESTED Episode 24 (war On War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.