Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" (30181 Views)

How Do You Feel About African Ladies Who Post Like This On IG? / Guys ! How Do You Feel About Waist Beads ? ( Photo ) / its Time to Pop The Question. (Rings Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
Laveda:

Maybe the question is coming too soon and they want you to just flow with the conversation and not bring that up immediately, don't you think?

But ladies can ask a guy this same question. Anyone that can't answer this question has issues. My Asian partner asked me this question last week, i didnt stop typing for the next 3 minutes, he was shocked. Not been able to answer such a basic question means the person doesn't know him/herself...So, if you think the question is an issue, then prepare before hand

3 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
Now I know why they keep saying Nigerian girls are dumb. No offence intended, but that question shouldn't irk a sane human being.

It's a simply question that requires an answer. You'd pick offence if you don't even know yourself.

Jezz!, I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by nevachange(f): 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
it is a lazy question. A poor attempt by the guy to have your attention.

In this video with my coach, we do some intense cardio, hips training, triceps and delt training. Focusing on working those curves muscles to look toned and strong.
Pls like the video and subscribe for notifications and better uploads
thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1xtpIFSZIg
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Daeylar(f): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
Lol, the question says how do ladies feel about that question, and some ladies have answered yet there are guys and some ladies are attacking them for their answers, grin grin grin grin grin ,

Lol, it says how do we feel, not what you guys or ladies want to hear grin grin grin

Lol, why can't we ever have a mature thread where people share their opinions without getting attacked
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by CyberGypsy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
if any lady says that question turns them off , they fuvking lying ... everyone lady on earth will always want to talk/tell u about herself .. btw, they won't (ladies) even notice you asked them to talk about theirself if u got her attention from the initial stage . for me I'd continue to use that question on any woman am curious about

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by mycare(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
Safiaa:
I just think the question is too broad, bland and boring. 3 b's. It gives me interview vibes where i feel like i need to sell myself to you by force. Its not forcefully done, i should willingly want to tell you about myself. They're so many ways to get to know someone, that once you ask me that question, i'm mentally drawn out of the conversation. Men love the chase, the thrill of getting to know a mysterious lady but i personally feel they should be creative about it. Set yourself apart from all the typical and boring questions that every guy asks, you may be more successful. Just saying

Quite true dear
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by SenorFax(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
Girls will just come here and be lying, ask them that question in person, you go get to the third Base the same day

See them, awon omo Tikabodi

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by smith666999(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
I'd say 90% of Nigerian girls suck in conversations.. they only talk when you talk. they can't make a conversation lively.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by vikstandon(m): 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
Laveda:

Stupid? grin Let's start pointing it out to them then, or rather lead the conversation since their brain revolves around that one question. lipsrsealed

What if I go on u with everything about me...Won't you be like this guy is too self centered and pays little care about me.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by CyberGypsy(m): 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
Daeylar:
Lol, the question says how do ladies feel about that question, and some ladies have answered yet there are guys running around this thread attacking them for their answers, grin grin grin grin grin ,

Lol, it says how do we feel, not what you guys want to hear grin grin grin
u just earned a place for yourself in my entertainment spot .. I will like to know more about you Tell me about yoursef
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Jagabanmonerry(m): 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
Laveda:

Stupid? grin Let's start pointing it out to them then, or rather lead the conversation since their brain revolves around that one question. lipsrsealed
That is too harsh girl... If there is better way to strike d conversation on d first meeting either in person or behind d social media, jus highlight dear.... We are here to learn.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by SenorFax(m): 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
kimbraa:
Now I know why they keep saying Nigerian girls are dumb. No offence intended, but that question shouldn't irk a sane human being.

It's a simply question that requires an answer. You'd pick offence if you don't even know yourself.

Jezz!, I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread.
Tell them joor
Na so lie lie them sabi lie
Coming here and be forming I too know.
Simple question they cannot answer.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Daeylar(f): 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
CyberGypsy:
u just earned a place for yourself in my entertainment spot .. I will like to know more about you [b,] Tell me about yoursef [/b]

grin grin grin grin

Nice try
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Linux007(m): 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Adaumunocha:
At least you get to ask your chameleon the question everyday. Don't tell me you've eaten d poor thing!
I dont usually answer dumb questions, but i will make an exception this one time.
I dont make lunch out of a pet.

And i believe the sole purpose of this thread is to learn how to better our communication skills with humans but if u think animals can be talked to too, then u need to see ur therapist

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2017
CyberGypsy:
u just earned a place for yourself in my entertainment spot .. I will like to know more about you Tell me about yoursef

grin You're cracking me up..Lol
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
Funny how people feel and say Nigerian men can't handle a conversation. I've hardly met ladies that are experienced conversationst..hardly..

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by CyberGypsy(m): 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
Daeylar:

grin grin grin grin

Nice try
no actually u made me laugh .. I like your sense of humour tbh , no games
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by CyberGypsy(m): 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
supersystemsnig:

grin You're cracking me up..Lol
no intentions to do that though .
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2017
SenorFax:

Tell them joor
Na so lie lie them sabi lie
Coming here and be forming I too know.
Simple question they cannot answer.
I don't get the fuss.
If a dude you don't know meet you and starts a conversation with 'Tell me about yourself', simply say you don't entertain strangers and move on. But when someone you're getting to know says "Tell me about yourself", he's invariably saying he wants to know you more, and if you're interested you introduce yourself. Why would any human being pick offence over a polite request?. These girls make girls sound dumb.

I ask guys to tell me more about themselves, more especially the ones I meet on NL 'cause that's one of the ways to know who you're dealing with aside perception.

SMH.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by komododragons: 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
Laveda:
So I came across this post and I thought I should share here and get the opinion of others.

Ladies are you comfortable with a guy always asking, can I get to know you better? Is it a question you don't like and you think they should stop? What's really wrong with it?

And the guys, don't you think you should come up with a better way of striking conversations?

Lalasticlala
Dominique

Visit here for more; http://orjisblog.com.ng/
what! are women some kind of diamond or what. undecided

I ask this kind of question a lot and if you don't give me a better answer I kick you out.

I once ask my bae (white woman) this question and the answer she gave was "awesome! cause I love myself for who I'm am"
the thing with black women especially naija women is that them are too violence and them don't use there sense to think.

them don't use there sense to answer question and that's why them do fall in the hands of ritualist and rapists

fish minded creature there are!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Laveda(f): 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
komododragons:

I ask this kind of question a lot and if you don't give me a better answer I kick you out.

I once ask my bae (white woman) this question and the answer she gave was "awesome! cause I love myself for who I'm am"
the thing with black women especially naija women is that them are too violence and them don't use there sense to think.

them don't use there sense to answer question and that's why them do fall in the hands of ritualist and rapists

But does that answer she gave cover everything you wanted to hear? Please don't make it a black and white girl thing.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Magnifico2000: 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
Safiaa:
So when you ask that question, what specifically do you want to hear? And why cant you just go straight to the point. Funny enough ..i gave my number to a guy yesterday. Very attractive physically, and we started talking. The minute he asked me that question, he just instantly became unattractive to me. I don't know why and Im yet to respond to the message. You guys should do better.
Inasmuch as that question is bizzare, i think you have something to hide from the guy.
I dont really like asking girls questions like that.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Leriebloom(f): 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2017
If you ask me to tell u about myself, I would give you a one sentence reply. "So if you truly want to know me, go with the flow, I am sure that with time you would know everything there is to know.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Magnifico2000: 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2017
komododragons:

Them feminists will coe for you soon. Yeye pple

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
If anyone can't " tell a little about themselves ", then it implies self identity issues. Wonder why this thread is raising dust. could it be that people don't have a healthy view of themselves ?

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by MTKbudapest(m): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
Laveda:

Don't you think you should just pick a question and ask rather than asking her to tell you about herself like it's an "interview"?

Its more of an interview because the guy want to employ you. You only break up when he can no longer pay your salary. grin
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
It's all too cliché. I'd rather a guy asked more specific relevant questions, then subsequently, he'd naturally find out the rest.

But just coming out to say "tell me about yourself" is quite upsetting. Usually for me, that's the point I stop chatting. What does he want, an essay? What's the point, anyway? There's a higher tendency he'll forget all that has been said.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by TikaBodi(f): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
SenorFax:
Girls will just come here and be lying, ask them that question in person, you go get to the third Base the same day

See them, awon omo Tikabodi
why u quote me?
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Checked86: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
Florblu:
I always reply with "Ask me anything you wanna know about me"
that is the write thing. ladies also ask me the same question. my answer always goes like this:
"my name is Checked86 and i am single. this is all i know about me for now" in most cases, being single would always deviate the topic and saving me the headache of telling somebody whom i am not. To me, the question is not stupid. the only thing is that the question has become platitude.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
My reply to this question is usually
"Name, age, tribe ,educational qualification, relationship status, local government ,height and skin colour ,but if you have anything you will like to know, ask" grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Legendaryarcher(f): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
so annoying. just be specific. i do reply you with " like what exactly do u want to know "
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
frenzyduchess:
My reply to this question is usually
Name, age, tribe ,educational qualification, relationship status, local government ,height and skin colour grin

It's easy, treat it like a massage

Well, like you know, i'm super... I love to " the moment you mention movies or anything ", the conversation ends. Its basically not a question that wants the real answers No. It wants to pick an area of interest that resonates the speaker, so a conversation can branch out, simple. And the more that;s revealed, the more the conversation can be stretched. and just this question alone if both parties are good with communication can stretch into weeks before it is exhausted, because new areas of interests opens up for discussion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Short Men Have Fewer Lovers / Thread For Beautiful Ladies With Pointed Nose / Man Pranks Girlfriend With Narcotics Arrest Then Proposes To Her (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.