Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating (1511 Views)

My Phone Screen Turns Off During Calls / Does Having Big Phone Screen Affect The Use Of Data? / Android Tutorial: Stop Auto Rotate - Keep Screen From Rotating Into Landscape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Sunkyphil(m): 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
I have put off my phone screen from autorotate but it kips rotating,each tym i av to go back to put it off.Any clue on how to solve this issue
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Magnifico2000: 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2017
It depends on the kind of phone you are using.

But the method that applies generally to all phones. Is that u unlock the phone and go to settings, then look for three storey building and stand at the apex floor.
Throw your phone from up there and wait for some minutes then go downstairs to pick your phone. Im very sure the screen would have stopped autorotating.

The second method is to fetch a bucket of water and gently put the phone there for about 3mins. Then kindly bring it out. It will never auto rotate again and u can thank me for this.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by benzene00: 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
Magnifico2000:

But the method that applies generally to all phones. Is that u unlock the phone and go to settings, then look for three storey building and stand at the apex floor.
Throw your phone from up there and wait for some minutes then go downstairs to pick your phone. Im very sure the screen would have stopped autorotating.

The second method is to fetch a bucket of water and gently put the phone there for about 3mins. Then kindly bring it out. It will never auto rotate again and u can thank me for this.

Boring
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Magnifico2000: 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
benzene00:

Boring
Hahahaha... e pain am!!! Abeg i need a meme for you.
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by khalhokage(m): 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
What's your phone model and Android version?

Ignore the idiōt.
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Sunkyphil(m): 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
khalhokage:
What's your phone model and Android version?

Ignore the idiōt.
GIONEE M5 marathon android 5.1
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by techeligible(m): 7:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
ah! why like that ?? which model you are using ? check you may have updates in your device by going to settings, about phones, software info, if you any update there, then tap on that to update your device.

Because if you have adnroid 6.0 or 7.0 like that you may be having auto bugs capture feature, and the relevant device developer team send updates to fix bugs.

You can also Update firmware, if you are unable to resolve this issue still.
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by techeligible(m): 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hahahah , don't say to anyone "IDIOT", i know you are pro smiley smiley smiley smiley
Sunkyphil:
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by khalhokage(m): 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
Sunkyphil:

Did it start recently or has it been this way since you bought the phone.

I think you should try using a screen rotation app to force portrait mode, you can download some on the play store.
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Sunkyphil(m): 7:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
khalhokage:

Did it start recently or has it been this way since you bought the phone.

I think you should try using a screen rotation app to force portrait mode, you can download some on the play store.
it started recently about two days ago.ok thanks will download it
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by khalhokage(m): 7:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
techeligible:
Hahahah , don't say to anyone "IDIOT", i know you are pro smiley smiley smiley smiley

I was talking about the joker that replied with a dry joke.
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Sunkyphil(m): 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2017
techeligible:
ah! why like that ?? which model you are using ? check you may have updates in your device by going to settings, about phones, software info, if you any update there, then tap on that to update your device.

Because if you have adnroid 6.0 or 7.0 like that you may be having auto bugs capture feature, and the relevant device developer team send updates to fix bugs.

You can also Update firmware, if you are unable to resolve this issue still.
no software update for 5.1
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by khalhokage(m): 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2017
Sunkyphil:
it started recently about two days ago

You should also think of upgrading the phone, Gionee M5 is upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, it should fix the problem.
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Sunkyphil(m): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2017
khalhokage:

You should also think of upgrading the phone, Gionee M5 is upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, it should fix the problem.
I dont think so its stuck at 5.1 only m5 mini is upgradable
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by khalhokage(m): 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
Sunkyphil:
I dont think so its stuck at 5.1 only m5 mini is upgradable

Really, I use a Mini, so expected the M5 to be upgradable too.

Well try the screen rotation app 1st, is your phone rooted?
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Sunkyphil(m): 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Finally solved the issue had to disable app locker
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Franky826: 8:59am On Oct 13, 2017
A simple reboot could help
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by crisisexpert321(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2017
How can I stop call forwarding on my phone?
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by oodua1stson: 9:45am On Oct 13, 2017
Magnifico2000:

hahahahaha
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by techeligible(m): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2017
khalhokage:

I was talking about the joker that replied with a dry joke.

hahahhahaha so you gave him a wet joke smiley
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by techeligible(m): 11:46am On Oct 17, 2017
Sunkyphil:
Finally solved the issue had to disable app locker

that's great smiley
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by techeligible(m): 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
Sunkyphil:
no software update for 5.1

yeah you are right, there is no update like that
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by BettyMoody: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
What's your phone model and Android version?.. Frp Bypass
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by badmanlive: 7:46am On Oct 18, 2018
There are times when we Factory Reset our phone and forget the Google Password. Google Password or Gmail ID Password is the most important thing.
frp bypasss
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by zeanslim(m): 10:25am On Oct 18, 2018
I can recommend an app which i also use - Rotation Control (google playstore)

The app is nice and supports all degrees of rotation, because sometimes i love to use my phone in reverse portrait
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by jhony7485: 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
I also facing the same issue after the flash my device then I see it will ask for verification the old Gmail id and i follow this method to and update firmware - https://www.gadgetsdr.com/download-all-mobile-flash-file/ and bypass fr google account - https://www.bypassfrpfiles.com/category/bypass-google-account-all/ easily.
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Premiumwriter: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
Magnifico2000:

you actually sound stupid.
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Magnifico2000: 9:12am On Feb 25, 2019
Premiumwriter:
you actually sound stupid.
Hahaha.. you are just replying me after two years. I shake my head for you.
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Jummyju: 10:14am On Feb 25, 2019
Magnifico2000:

keep displaying your foolishness
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Magnifico2000: 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2019
Jummyju:
keep displaying your foolishness
U barely spent 3 days on this platform and you are abusing.
What if I say you won't stay long and reach me?
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Premiumwriter: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Hahaha.. you are just replying me after two years. I shake my head for you.
i had better things to do in those 2 years undecided
Re: How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating by Jummyju: 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2019
Magnifico2000:

U barely spent 3 days on this platform and you are abusing.
What if I say you won't stay long and reach me?
grin grin does nairaland pay you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facebook May Soon Require Your Selfie To Login. / Breaking News Whats App Stop Working On All Phones Around 8:15pm Today / Review: All You Need To Know About The New Oppo A5s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.