Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead (16436 Views)

Lagos Boat Accident: 15 Missing Passengers Found Dead / Bayelsa Boat Accident: Body Of Corps Member And 3 Others Found / Boat Accident At Okrika Kalio Rivers, 16 Persons Rescued Alive (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Laveda(f): 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F_szpl_suI

Kaduna River where incident occurred

Five secondary school students have been declared missing after nine of them accidentally fell into in a river in Kaduna state, North West Nigeria.
The incident was said to have occurred on Wednesday afternoon.

The Executive Secretary of Kaduna State Emergency Management Agency, Ezekiel Baba-Karik who confirmed the incident to Channels TV, said the students, from a private secondary school in the state capital, were on an excursion at a waterworks facility at the Kaduna River when the incident occurred.

The victims are reported to have slipped from an old barge and plunged into the water.

According to Mr Baba-Karik, the four others were rescued and taken to Barau Dikko Teaching hospital in the state capital.
Credit: ChannelsTv
More here; http://orjisblog.com.ng/2017/10/12/five-students-feared-dead-in-kaduna-boat-accident/

Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by DanseMacabre(m): 10:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
Heard it on the radio this evening. Well, it's Nigeria. The people involved will just get a verbal reprimand, the victims' parents will receive a paltry compensatory sum; and the case will die a natural death.

Quite efficient, I must confess.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Me77: 12:00am On Oct 13, 2017
Total negligence from the private school and it management. They should be held responsible. You can't organise an excursion to the river without safety wears and life jacket. Those students would have hardly drown wearing jackets.
Someone will still blame Buhari for this.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by collinometricx: 2:30am On Oct 13, 2017
oh mha God
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Laveda(f): 8:00am On Oct 13, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Heard it on the radio this evening. Well, it's Nigeria. The people involved will just get a verbal reprimand, the victims' parents will receive a paltry compensatory sum; and the case will die a natural death.

Quite efficient, I must confess.

The parents won't get over this in a short time, quite sad.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by winkmart: 9:26am On Oct 13, 2017
May God save us

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 13, 2017
rip
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Myself2(m): 9:27am On Oct 13, 2017
Most excursion trips always end in disaster from lack of adequate safety measures for tjhe large group of students who will be experiencing the environment for the first time to the fact that no be everybody carry the same spirit

Parents should note that it's not mandatory for their children or wards to participate in each and every excursion

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by asawanathegreat(m): 9:27am On Oct 13, 2017
El-Rufai do something.
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by sukkot: 9:27am On Oct 13, 2017
friday the 13th has claimed some lives
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by kay29000(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2017
Sad. They should have had all the kids wear safety jackets.
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Cyriloha(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2017
rip
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by RobbStark(m): 9:29am On Oct 13, 2017
RIP to the dead.
I pray the Lord give the families the heart to bear the loss.
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Myself2(m): 9:29am On Oct 13, 2017
sukkot:
friday the 13th has claimed some lives

It didn't happen today ogbeni elenu

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by 26Clueless(m): 9:29am On Oct 13, 2017
Me77:
Total negligence from the private school and it management. They should be held responsible. You can't organise an excursion to the river without safety wears and life jacket. Those students would have hardly drown wearing jackets.
Someone will still blame Buhari for this.

same wey u kip blaming GEJ during his reign
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by khain(f): 9:29am On Oct 13, 2017
Laveda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F_szpl_suI

Kaduna River where incident occurred

Five secondary school students have been declared missing after nine of them accidentally fell into in a river in Kaduna state, North West Nigeria.
The incident was said to have occurred on Wednesday afternoon.

The Executive Secretary of Kaduna State Emergency Management Agency, Ezekiel Baba-Karik who confirmed the incident to Channels TV, said the students, from a private secondary school in the state capital, were on an excursion at a waterworks facility at the Kaduna River when the incident occurred.

The victims are reported to have slipped from an old barge and plunged into the water.

According to Mr Baba-Karik, the four others were rescued and taken to Barau Dikko Teaching hospital in the state capital.
Credit: ChannelsTv
More here; http://orjisblog.com.ng/2017/10/12/five-students-feared-dead-in-kaduna-boat-accident/

Lalasticlala
Kaduna state is not North west but North Central.
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by sukkot: 9:30am On Oct 13, 2017
Myself2:

It didn't happen today ogbeni elenu
oh my bad lmao
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Lomprico2: 9:30am On Oct 13, 2017
Zero safety! The water board should also be blamed for allowing kids ferry without wearing safety materials knowing how delapidated their facilities are.

Sad!
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Bullhari007(m): 9:36am On Oct 13, 2017
no visible development in a region were all the fund meant for development of the rest of the Nigeria are channeled, IMF and international communities should stop giving funds to this useless rogues because it will end up in Alhajis and Hajia pocket

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Felixalex(m): 9:40am On Oct 13, 2017
khain:
Kaduna state is not North west but North Central.

It's funny how u correct someone with something wrong.... Kaduna is North-west

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by lordmanuelle(m): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2017
Rip
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:43am On Oct 13, 2017
I know the man who was talking about his son. So this is how faith,faithful or faithfulness have died. Take heart Mr Arogundade.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by Laveda(f): 9:44am On Oct 13, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
I know the man who was talking about his son. So this is how faith,faithful or faithfulness have died. Take heart Mr Arogundade.

Mehn.. Tragic. sad
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by simblor(m): 9:48am On Oct 13, 2017
What kind of school is this that they couldn't consult the parents' permission before taking the wards for excursion.

When my child's school wanted to teach the children how to swim, I was called and I they sent me an email with the consensual form, With all safety precautions stated in the document. Because I wanted it for my son, I signed and scanned back to them.

So no matter the distance the parent should be contacted at all time when it concerns the wards.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by kingDELE(m): 10:14am On Oct 13, 2017
Felixalex:

It's funny how u correct someone with something wrong.... Kaduna is North-west
asin ehn. See as e was saying it with confident...
Re: Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead by joenor(m): 10:19am On Oct 13, 2017
Wait ooo na 3 of the man children nine go so?
Maduawuchukwu:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun, Lagos To Toll Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway / Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament / Scarcity Of International Passport Booklet Caused By High Dollar Rate - Joe Abah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.