Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief (52061 Views)

Iman Of Peace:buhari Asked Chad To Stop Killing Boko Haram. / 'Nigeria Living On Borrowed Time' - Adetunji Oredipe, World Bank Chief / Fayose Asked Us To Support Fayemi – Ekiti PDP Assembly Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by 400billionman: 9:05am On Oct 13, 2017
Desyner:
And the southerners are dummy enough not to see this pattern.

Not everyone is dumb sha..

All the International NGO jobs only announce vacancies in the extreme north, which means all projects in the south are suspended.

so I have been aware of the trend but its not every intelligence you announce.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by Joejoe12(m): 9:06am On Oct 13, 2017
if yu tell them to go to school they wil not, tol them to learn work they wil not yet they carry gun, whose fault?
Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by tsdarkside(m): 9:07am On Oct 13, 2017
Fadiga24:

My thoughts exactly.

with this una thinking,buhari has already won in 2019...do you realy think a hausa or yoruba will take una silly rantings serious....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by EternalTruths: 9:07am On Oct 13, 2017
MurphyTheory99:
Buhari is just too old and lacks wisdom. He is just a stupid old man. My fear is hope he doesn't go beyond 2019. Then another northerner comes in cos Yoruba and igbo dont have cooporation. The north feels they have population. Even 10 year olds vote in the north.

He will rule till 2023 and if he fails to handover power to the Igbos, then the call for secession under the banner of Biafra will take a different dimension that the international community will insist on Referendum.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by Fadiga24(m): 9:09am On Oct 13, 2017
tsdarkside:

with this una thinking,buhari has already won in 2019...do you realy think a hausa or yoruba will take una silly rantings serious....

I don't argue with zombies.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by EternalTruths: 9:09am On Oct 13, 2017
BanevsJoker:

2019 is too far. Death might do him part before then... Even his body double Jubrin looks frail.

His double might die before or during that period.
Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by edibobo: 9:11am On Oct 13, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari is not a true leader and not a Nigerian President. He is too sectional and as well be called and addressed as Northern Nigerian President and not the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by EternalTruths: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2017
Lilimax:
I hope Baba Ahmed Tinubu dey see wetin dey happen because he was the one that presented Buhari to the
South West and all of them supported Buhari including my younger brother and brought him to power. shocked

What has chnaged in the country< --- NOTHING!

BTW, Tinubu has not been talking in the recent time. I hope all is well? smiley

CC; Sarrki, Gberra

Afenifere warned him but the fool never listened to them.

Now the Igbos have been proven as the most intelligent ethnic group in Nigeria to see through Buhari's campaign.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by Fadiga24(m): 9:13am On Oct 13, 2017
Middle beltans are taken as north when it comes to elections but even they are excluded in the 'development' activities of Jubiril.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by Onliie(m): 9:14am On Oct 13, 2017
GenBuhari:
Anti Buhari propaganda continues unabated.
SOMBites are here.
are you saying it's a lie?
Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by NafeesaAA(f): 9:15am On Oct 13, 2017
The same people who jubilated when the region was in turmoil are now pained that reconstruction is coming.

Yes, Buhari is right, The North has the highest Poverty index, the highest number out of school children, the most devastated from ongoing insurgency.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by adetayo234: 9:15am On Oct 13, 2017
sarrki:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Other parts shouldn't be left out

You have no right to see anything wrong with Buhari's decisions. Even if he rappes your mum, you should cover and defend him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by EternalTruths: 9:15am On Oct 13, 2017
FemiMaduka:
You'll even be more surprised to find out that 'north' to Buhari means all those Fulani and Hausa areas of Nigeria. I WROTE THIS YESTERDAY:

Bro quit pretending to yourself. Whatever hate or disapproval Buhari is getting from the SS/SE is self-inflicted. Yes, I know the Igbos could be very emotional especially on any issue bordering on the Civil war, but it is justifiable bro! We are talking of the spectre of 3million dead - it doesn't go away easily. Did the South East hate on Obasanjo? Did it hate on Yar'adua? Is the South East hating on Osibanjo? You know deep in your heart that it is a resounding NO! Buhari has justified this hatred through his actions prior to his presidency and even presently. I don't hate Buhari but he is a bigot who only feels comfortable in the midst of his kinsmen. Need I remind you that Tunde Idiagbon's father was a Fulani man like Buhari (link the dots). Today, it takes a sensible man to discern that Buhari is systematically sidelining Osibanjo...the blood of the youth corp members spilled (in the north) on the strength of his campaign utterances (usually in the Hausa language) will haunt him

So Idiagbon's father is a Fulani man.?

No wonder

Unfortunately, many Yorubas don't know

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by sanpipita(m): 9:15am On Oct 13, 2017
EternalTruths:

Afenifere warned him but the fool never listened to them.

Now the Igbos have been proven as the most intelligent ethnic group in Nigeria to see through Buhari's campaign.

Igbos are underrated, day Nigeria allows lgbos lead them is day this country will finally move forward

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by phreakabit(m): 9:16am On Oct 13, 2017
Parting words. . .
To my Yoruba brothers, welcome to the fold. Hope you enjoy your time in this 5% club.
Let us work together to make the 5% great.
Even though your membership was not voluntary, but rather imposed on you by the North, don't worry we won't marginalize you here.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by NafeesaAA(f): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2017
The same people who jubilated when the region was in turmoil are now pained that reconstruction is coming.

The region with the highest Poverty index, the highest number out of school children and the highest Almajiris and the most devastated from ongoing insurgency needs special attention

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by msylva2147(m): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2017
salt1:

NGO work is booming in the North.
but that's where I am but I can't see anything of such, not that there are NGOs but not as people sees it to be.
Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by adetayo234: 9:21am On Oct 13, 2017
C
NafeesaAA:

Yes, Buhari is right, The North has the highest Poverty index, the highest number out of school children, the most devastated from ongoing insurgency.

You talk like an unrepentant parasite. Who put your region in tumult? Are you not the ones that formed Boko Haram? Your own Boko Haram destroyed your home and you are here saying some people were happy when your region was in tumult.

Is the south responsible for your high poverty rate in the north? So, why dump your dead weight of self-induces poverty on other parts of Nigeria, you bunch of empty parasites?

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by Okwyjesus(m): 9:22am On Oct 13, 2017
Physicist:
Buhari is probably the most sectional president Nigeria ever have.

Education could have removed that but he wasn't schooled enough. He is crude no doubt and the sectional attitude is in him like peak.

He wouldn't worth much after he left office. It's sad he destroyed his over hyped integrity with his own hand.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by EternalTruths: 9:23am On Oct 13, 2017
NafeesaAA:

Now that you agree that your region is backward, why then do you guys occupy all sensitive positions since you guys lack academic & professional skills.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by process123(m): 9:23am On Oct 13, 2017
sarrki:
The President of the World Bank Group, Jim Yong Kim, said on Thursday that the bank had concentrated on the northern region of Nigeria in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s request.

Kim and the Managing Director, International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde, who spoke at separate press conferences in Washington DC, United States, also advised Buhari to invest in

things that would enhance economic growth.

Kim said, “You know, in my very first meeting with President Buhari he said specifically that he would like us to shift our focus to the northern region of Nigeria and we’ve done that. Now, it has been very difficult. The work there has been very difficult.

“I think Nigeria, of course, has suffered from the dropping oil prices. I think things are just now getting better. But the conversation we need to have with Nigeria, I think, is in many ways related to the theme that I brought to the table just this past week, which is investment in human capital. The percentage of the Gross Domestic Product that Nigeria spends on healthcare is less than one percent.”

He added, “Despite that, there is so much turbulence in the northern part of the country, and there is the hit that was taken from the drop in the oil prices. Nigeria has to think ahead and

invest in its people. Investing in the things that will allow Nigeria to be a thriving, rapidly growing economy in the future is what the country has to focus on right now.”

Kim also said, “Focusing on the northern part of Nigeria, we hope that as commodity prices stabilise and oil prices come back up, the economy will grow a bit more. But very, very much important is the need to focus on what the drivers of growth in the future will be.”

According to the World Bank boss, the bank will invest in human capital in other parts of Africa in order to prepare the continent for the next phase of growth.

Lagarde, in her remarks, said Sub-Saharan African countries, including Nigeria, had posted suboptimal

growth in recent times.

The growth figures, she said, were far too small considering the huge demographic potential of Nigeria and other countries in the region.

As a result, she said the IMF would be engaging ministers of finance and central bank governors from the region attending the annual World Bank and IMF meetings on how they could boost and stabilise economic growth.

Lagarde said, “The Sub-Saharan Africa is one region of the world where growth is suboptimal. Those countries grow at an average growth of 2.5 per cent. That is too low for the demographic expansion of the region.”

The IMF managing director said emerging and developing economies must invest more in their economies through infrastructural spending, strengthening safety nets, allowing women more access to the labour market and carrying structural reforms.

http://punchng.com/buhari-asked-us-to-focus-on-northern-nigeria-wbank/

And he said 'I belong to nobody but belong to everybody'

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by eodavids(m): 9:27am On Oct 13, 2017
If this is entirely true, then Buhari is not fit to preside over this country (Nigeria).

How else can an individual reject his fellow citizens on grounds of ethnicity. This error should be corrected so it will not be repeated by future leaders.

NIGERIA WAS MOVING FORWARD IN THE SENSE THAT LEADERS TRY TO CARRY ALL SIDES ALONG BY EVENLY DEVELOPING THE REGIONS OF NIGERIA. NOW, BUHARI HAS BROUGHT BACK THE OLD STYLE OF GOVERNANCE OF NEPOTISM. PERHAPS, WHEN ANOTHER PRESIDENT COME ON BOARD, HE WILL FOCUS ALSO ON HIS OWN SIDE. AREN'T WE RETROGRESSING BY DOING SO?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by chernest2002: 9:29am On Oct 13, 2017
All the appointments 95% to the north. Development and money sharing 95% also to the north, my brothers from south west, ss how market now.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by perdollar(m): 9:29am On Oct 13, 2017
is ds a surprise? my anger is wt those nonsense leaders from southeast. northerners including sitting governors n nonentities wl boldly state dia mind telling u restructure only if diaris no equality wen dey know dt inequality is obvious. God punish buhari, all northerners,and southeast leaders
Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by buchilino(m): 9:32am On Oct 13, 2017
Physicist:

R U JUST REALIZING IT?. I KNEW HIM VERY WELL SINCE 1983.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by tishbite41(m): 9:32am On Oct 13, 2017
so d South West does nt need development. tinubu Hw market. igbos were nt stupid after all

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by 4pppp(m): 9:33am On Oct 13, 2017
You people should leave buhari alone. He right
Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by Johnayoola(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2017
NafeesaAA:

The region with the highest Poverty index, the highest number out of school children and the highest Almajiris and the most devastated from ongoing insurgency needs special attention
Hold ur leaders both past n present responsible,mind you buhari is the president of Nigeria n not d president of northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by Myself2(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2017
Physicist:

He is also the most divisive ,,,,

Hence its very ironic that he has been able to fool so many into believing he is clean whereas he is one of the original looters of NNPC treasury

The man seems obsessed with anything NNPC and funds

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by Arysexy(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2017
Wia are d afonja Abobakus? Oya come with ur China phones to defend ur master's bigotry as usual.

Bunch of senseless nitwitts!

Sai Baba till d yr 3050

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by Abduljabbar1313(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2017
Yeah, it's good the North want catch up with other region in the country in terms of development, isn't that good for even development?
Re: Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 13, 2017
sarrki:
The President of the World Bank Group, Jim Yong Kim, said on Thursday that the bank had concentrated on the northern region of Nigeria in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s request.

Kim and the Managing Director, International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde, who spoke at separate press conferences in Washington DC, United States, also advised Buhari to invest in

things that would enhance economic growth.

Kim said, “You know, in my very first meeting with President Buhari he said specifically that he would like us to shift our focus to the northern region of Nigeria and we’ve done that. Now, it has been very difficult. The work there has been very difficult.

“I think Nigeria, of course, has suffered from the dropping oil prices. I think things are just now getting better. But the conversation we need to have with Nigeria, I think, is in many ways related to the theme that I brought to the table just this past week, which is investment in human capital. The percentage of the Gross Domestic Product that Nigeria spends on healthcare is less than one percent.”

He added, “Despite that, there is so much turbulence in the northern part of the country, and there is the hit that was taken from the drop in the oil prices. Nigeria has to think ahead and

invest in its people. Investing in the things that will allow Nigeria to be a thriving, rapidly growing economy in the future is what the country has to focus on right now.”

Kim also said, “Focusing on the northern part of Nigeria, we hope that as commodity prices stabilise and oil prices come back up, the economy will grow a bit more. But very, very much important is the need to focus on what the drivers of growth in the future will be.”

According to the World Bank boss, the bank will invest in human capital in other parts of Africa in order to prepare the continent for the next phase of growth.

Lagarde, in her remarks, said Sub-Saharan African countries, including Nigeria, had posted suboptimal

growth in recent times.

The growth figures, she said, were far too small considering the huge demographic potential of Nigeria and other countries in the region.

As a result, she said the IMF would be engaging ministers of finance and central bank governors from the region attending the annual World Bank and IMF meetings on how they could boost and stabilise economic growth.

Lagarde said, “The Sub-Saharan Africa is one region of the world where growth is suboptimal. Those countries grow at an average growth of 2.5 per cent. That is too low for the demographic expansion of the region.”

The IMF managing director said emerging and developing economies must invest more in their economies through infrastructural spending, strengthening safety nets, allowing women more access to the labour market and carrying structural reforms.

http://punchng.com/buhari-asked-us-to-focus-on-northern-nigeria-wbank/

Sorry pls I this the Sariki I know or a new sariki
grin.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ruth Ngladar Pogu, Chibok Girl Reunites With Mother 7 Years After Abduction / Obasanjo: It's Ridiculous To Believe That Buhari Has Died (Video) / Photos Of Fayose Cutting Meat In The Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.