Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte (56661 Views)

FG To Reduce Data Cost From N1,000 To N390 Per Gigabyte / Report: Nigeria One Of The Countries With Poor Internet Connection / See Countries That Spends The Most Time On Internet, Social Media. Nigeria At (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by JamesReacher(m): 8:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
hanassholesolo:
Yeah, people really socialize in Finland. They feel safer on the internet.
They feel safer as how? Is the country bad?
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Kimoni: 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
The article says OECD countries. Nigeria is not a member of the OECD.

http://www.oecd.org/about/membersandpartners/list-oecd-member-countries.htm

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:
Useless list, no Nigeria means it's fake.

stop beating ur chest when u can only afford airtel 2G subscription

4 Likes

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by dingbang(m): 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Or they are still learners. I think the only reason 9ja is not included in the list is because they think we are archaic, like we don't know things.

In a month, I use not less than 15gb and I know there are many people like me out there.

The result of their research is biased. I doubt they included any African countries in their research.
you are the one that's a learner... The figures you see there is an average for the whole population in the country.... Try to reason before you spew your ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Justiceleague1: 8:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
They keep banning iloveconductor7,buh they can never ban the truth grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 14, 2017
HajimeSaito:
An American friend of mine uses this in one month

mehn i fear d guy. i never use dat my entire life
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by ivolt: 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Why should I keep mum when this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Can't you voice out your opinion without vomiting insults from your mouth? Can't you voice out your opinion without being harsh?

People like you are the reason why others with one or two opinions don't voice out.

Back to your quote, we also have youths in Nigeria or Africa that download movies and games in size over 15gb in a day too.

Stop acting as though youths over there are better than you and don't tell someone to keep mum next time. That sounds bullyish.

Africans with their backward mentality.

You have a very warped mentality and are commenting based on ignorance.
The quoted figures are the average for each country, not individual usage and
the topic says : See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte not
countries with better youths as you are insinuating.

Learn to comment based on the topic and content!

4 Likes

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Talkwell: 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
spreado:

Apart from Jennifer dairy grin our blogger don't upload large files and they are here asking why Nigeria didn't make the list

You're right Nigerians can't pull that off (Torrent site)
Even if na upload by url,we can't pay for the space consumed

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by ammy4goodies(f): 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
Pls is there any award given to the country with the highest consumption of mb?
If no, then let's drop these blind arguments and keep enjoying our low mb consumption since its not gonna help us in anyway bring back the remaining lost Chibok girls
: grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by ferdvict2(m): 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
Techknowng:
According to a new report, mobile broadband penetration in OECD countries has reached 99.3 percent, meaning there is nearly one high-speed mobile broadband subscription for every inhabitant. As the smartphone became mainstream and mobile internet started to become more common, pricing in mobile markets shifted from telephony to data usage. That trend is particularly evident when it comes to 4G services that are designed for IP-based traffic, rather than being optimized for voice.
The rapid expansion of 4G, coupled with providers in many countries introducing unlimited data packages, has seen levels of data usage rise considerably in recent years. The following infographic shows mobile data usage per mobile broadband subscription in selected OECD countries last year, with Finland first by a wide margin.

In 2016, Finnish smartphone users consumed an average of 10.95GB of mobile data per month, considerably more than Austria's 6.28GB. In Finland, users can select the speed for all services without having their usage capped. For example Elisa offers tiered speeds for 4G at 50 Mbps, 100 Mbps and 300Mbps including unlimited data usage. Sweden and South Korea recorded mobile data usage of 4.38 and 3.83GB per month respectively while U.S. smartphone owners used 2.67GB. While some U.S. operators like Sprint and T-Mobile do offer unlimited usage plans and charge by speed, others are still rooted back in the 3G-era.

Source: http://www.xirkings.com/2017/10/mobile-data-subscriptions-which.html?m=1
countries using kilobytes
only Nigeria
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
gustav25:
keep mum and stop your useless chest beating ....you are an archaic learner ...do.you know that many people in the aforementioned countries especially the youths download games and bluray movies of over 15gb in a day ?
A man who hasn't travelled would think his father's farm is the largest. Allow the dude to mess himself up for us to be amused.
Perhaps he should tell us how many people in nigeria even have access to smart phones. Of our 180 mill population, how many of us are tech savvy?
Dudes just be blowing rusty trumpets.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by oyakhilomeh(m): 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
dominique:
How did they come up with the data? Is there a way to collate people's devic data usage without accessing their devices?
yes, there is
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by udemzyudex(m): 9:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Or they are still learners. I think the only reason 9ja is not included in the list is because they think we are archaic, like we don't know things.

In a month, I use not less than 15gb and I know there are many people like me out there.

The result of their research is biased. I doubt they included any African countries in their research.

From the little I read, I think it's country average not individual.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Chukazu: 9:25pm On Oct 14, 2017
For me it also shows purchasing power for countries

I know for sure a Scandinavian country would be sitting at the top,those never disappoint
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by hanassholesolo: 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
JamesReacher:
They feel safer as how? Is the country bad?

Mostly introverts. It's a very safe country.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
Where's Nigeria nah?
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by donkaz2(m): 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
how naija go dey there, when what most people use is mtn whatsapp only #60 grin

The thing is that we have bad network here and imagine no free network anywhere yet data quite expensive with low income ppl that consume More data are student tell me where the money where the phone or laptop
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
how naija go dey there, when what most people use is mtn whatsapp only #60 grin
.. Lol for where.. There's no 60 naira Whatsapp plan anymore.. It's now 25 for 1 day, #50 for a week and #150 a month.. So right now peeps can't even afford that too grin
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by olayinkajnr(m): 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
ivolt:

You have a very warped mentality and are commenting based on ignorance.
The quoted figures are the average for each country, not individual usage and
the topic says : See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte not
countries with better youths as you are insinuating.

Learn to comment based on the topic and content!

Mr Man, I want to believe that you are the one with a warped mentality. I posted based on what the dude that quoted me said. Next time, try to read a preceding post before showing how ignorant you are. Ode!!

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by olayinkajnr(m): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
udemzyudex:

From the little I read, I think it's country average not individual.

Thanks
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by olayinkajnr(m): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
dingbang:
you are the one that's a learner... The figures you see there is an average for the whole population in the country.... Try to reason before you spew your ignorance

Seems you just learnt the definition of ignorance. So much for someone that knows how to reason before posting. Ode!!!
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by tartar9(m): 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

That you're the great rapacious devourer of gigabytes or that you know some fellow champions does not automatically make the 90 million plus Nigerian Internet subscribers receptive of such honour sad

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by olayinkajnr(m): 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
tartar9:

That you're the great rapacious devourer of gigabytes or that you know some fellow champions does not automatically make the 90 million plus Nigerian Internet subscribers receptive of such honour sad

So to be listed amongst those countries that uses the most gigabyte is an honour?

It's is WA!!!
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by EponOjuku: 10:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Mr Man, I want to believe that you are the one with a warped mentality. I posted based on what the dude that quoted me said. Next time, try to read a preceding post before showing how ignorant you are. Ode!!

Bro, don't belabor the point. We don't one-fourth of the data used by European countries.

Your monthly subscription of 25G is not even enuf to download one game on some sites.

2 Likes

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by donbenie(m): 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

I think the only reason most African countries are not included in the list is because they think we are archaic, like we don't know things.

You're far from the average data consumer,how much data do you think the Agbero on the street uses or the man trying to put one square meal on the table for his household..
There's NOTHING biased about the report,we're still a low income society scraping to make ends meet..data usage for many Nigerians is still a luxury..

2 Likes

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by olayinkajnr(m): 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
donbenie:
You're far from the average data consumer,how much data do you think the Agbero on the street uses or the man trying to put one square meal on the table for his household..
There's NOTHING biased about the report,we're still a low income society scraping to make ends meet..data usage for many Nigerians is still a luxury..

Lolz, how do you know that I'm far from the average data consumer?

Well, I have no business with the agbero on the street.

I might have goofed by saying the report is biased because I didn't see the part where it was started that it's for OECD countries.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by tartar9(m): 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

So to be listed amongst those countries that uses the most gigabyte is an honour?

It's is WA!!!
It should be obvious I was being sarcastic of your braggadocio.

2 Likes

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by olayinkajnr(m): 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
tartar9:

It should be obvious I was being sarcastic of your braggadocio.

Trust me, sometimes, we Nigerians need someone to brag about stuffs!!!
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by tartar9(m): 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Trust me, sometimes, we Nigerians need someone to brag about stuffs!!!
That should be only after earning the bragging rights undecided
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by olayinkajnr(m): 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2017
EponOjuku:

Bro, don't belabor the point. We don't one-fourth of the data used by European countries.

Your monthly subscription of 25G is not even enuf to download one game on some sites.

First your moniker is damn funny. grin grin

Secondly, I'm not a game guy. So I believe using up to 25gb a month makes me an average data user. WiFi out of it.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Phi001(m): 10:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
Data is not as cheap as we think it is in USA. I read from the website that as at 2016, 2 gig of data cost about 39 dollars in USA. Going at a 350 rate, that's 13650 naira. Isn't 2 gig less than 2k in Nigeria?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel 6x Time Bonus Code | How To Get 6x Bonus Your Recharge / Airtel Surprise Package / MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.