Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' (20963 Views)

Nedu Doesn't Deserve My Son - Uzoamaka Ohiri Speaks About Her Child's Paternity / Comedian Nedu: DNA Result Exposed Uzoamaka Ohiri, My Ex Wife's Cheating / Kerry Washington Wishes Uzo Aduba 'happy Birthday' In Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by enemmo(f): 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ironically

Hollywood
Uzo Aduba
Adewale Akinnuoye Agbaje
O.t Fagbenle
Luti Fagbenle

British Actor
Chinwetel Ejiofor
Sophie Okonedo
David Oyelowo
John Boyega
Carmen Ejogo

Nollywood Actor
Rita Dominic
Maurice Sam
Frederick Leonard
Joseph Benjamin
Ken Eric's
Mary Lazarus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by redsun(m): 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2017
Smart mother. She gave her solid foundation to believe in herself and her own identity, that is why she is where she is today,on the high.

There are more to a name than just letters and pronunciation.
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by rims4emmy(m): 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2017
ugly as ever
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by dabossman(m): 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
This thread highlights how a mother taught her daughter to be proud of her heritage. Sadly, judging from most comments here, a lot of people missed the point. angry

2 Likes

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
I miss orange is the new black. Her acting is superb.
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
rims4emmy:
ugly as ever
And have masculine body but she can act.
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by abelokanlawon: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
Send ur acct detail sharp sharp
amiibaby:
Prodigal daughter

See her teeth like Python smile

Wow atlast first to comment on nairaland.....where is my 30billion
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by asawanathegreat(m): 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
Very ugly tin. She be like ape.
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Backinfront(m): 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
enemmo:
Ironically
Hollywood Uzo Aduba Adewale Akinnuoye Agbaje O.t Fagbenle Luti Fagbenle
British Actor Chinwetel Ejiofor Sophie Okonedo David Oyelowo John Boyega Carmen Ejogo

Nollywood Actor Rita Dominic Maurice Sam Frederick Leonard Joseph Benjamin Ken Eric's Mary Lazarus
Maybe being exotic sells
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Hargbo(m): 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
this girl for Orange is the new Black is from my Country...she looks creepy

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Customer80: 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ada oji river, Ada greater Awgu, Ada Enugu, Ada Igbo #emmyawardwinner 3time's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by kevoh(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2017
Crazy eyes!

African(Sub-saharan) names are unique, even non Africans find it interesting. You sound more like one with an identity with your African name when you encounter a non African.

That Orange is the New Black prison is not prison abeg, it's more like a boarding house..too much freedom and free food there.
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Andy2274: 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2017
Useless bloggers
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2017
i fink i rmbrd her from dat series..
na she b d skoin skoin girl....
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Missbizy(f): 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2017
Crazy eyes! Happy to see her real face o! She was so scary in "orange is the new black". Lol
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by jamjo: 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
HajimeSaito:
And so? Do you expect us to fry air because you suddenly outgrew your inferiority complex?
The likes of Chimamanda Adichie was never ashamed of her Igbo name even after marriage to a foreigner she still identifies with her roots.

Who told you she married a foreigner, The husband is a Nigerian and a medical doctor.
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by peteyacah: 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
Turn Your Website Into a thriving Supermarket. Get A Premium E-commerce Website ….
For …N53,999 (Guaranteed that You Cant Get This Value Anywhere ELSE!)

If your business is not online in 2017, you would be swimming against the current.

With increasing need to tap from online opportunities, every businessman or woman is looking to have an online store where he or sell can sell their range of products and services.

According to PayPal, "Nigeria is the 3rd highest mobile shopper worldwide - only after China & India!"

That's massively huge because "Nigerian online shoppers have realized the world is their shopping mall and shop wherever and whenever using their mobile devices because they are generally sophisticated mobile users and this sophistication is aiding small businesses".

That is why your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’

What we will deploy for your E-commerce website:

• User-friendly interface
• Add, edit & delete products
• Create product categories & sub-categories
• Control item quantities & stock
• Powerful catalogue search options
• Account Registration & Login
• Securely sell documents and software
• Accept credit cards
• One year web hosting & domain name registration
• Unlimited email addresses
• SEO friendly web pages
• Free technical support for one month
• Free Online Marketing Campaign for 1 week
• Digital Media Marketing Consultancy
• DIY Image upload tutorials
• DIY blog training‎ FREE

Plus much more
for further information contact the number on the banner

1 Like

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
Austinoiz:
So she asked her mom to be calling her hoe.

It is like your brain is not working abi....zoe or hoe
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by ibinaboonline: 7:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
I just hope she's not gay. Nearly all the actresses in that sitcom are actual lesbians. Even the star actress who was straight before doing the show turned lesbian before the show was over. Even the show director left her husband to couple up with one of the actresses who is gay. It's total madness and I fear uzo may have caught the homosexual bug in that show
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Dammie2000(m): 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
amiibaby:
Prodigal daughter

Lol cheesy
amiibaby:
Prodigal daughter

Lol
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Throwback: 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
HajimeSaito:
And so? Do you expect us to fry air because you suddenly outgrew your inferiority complex?
The likes of Chimamanda Adichie was never ashamed of her Igbo name even after marriage to a foreigner she still identifies with her roots.

She is married to a Nigerian with Ibibio/Efik surname, so how is that a foreigner?
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Organizer111222(m): 9:30pm On Oct 13, 2017
Is she from uglyslavia
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Vivere: 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2017
Adaumunocha:
What should we do now? Nice hair though
Ugly unkempt hair. I don't understand this new fad of leaving a huge chunk of natural black hair, hanging loose. Natural hair is meant to look groomed, and that can only be achieved by plaiting it, or braiding it or threading it or putting it up in a bun etc. Leaving it loose like she did, will only make it tangle and get knotted. It then becomes difficult to comb or brush, and it starts to split when it is yanked through with a comb. It is then nothing but another form of punishment. Everyone should wear their hair natural by all means, but then they need to make sure it is neatly packed and groomed, so that it doesn't look unkempt like hers, and they don't end up looking rough and tacky.
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by kendylet(f): 11:55am On Oct 20, 2017
the animal! the animal trap trap trap like a....**singing** never knew shes a nigerian!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s 10 Best Pregnancy Announcements Of 2014 / Why Burna Boy Said Bloggers Will Go To Hell / Don't Marry A Person Who Cannot Satisfy You Sexually - Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.