Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem (804 Views)

Why Yorubas Are Nigerias Most Hateful Tribe / Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock / What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by real4life: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2010
Lemme take a minute and put things in perspective:

A few months ago, some criminals descended on a village with mainly Muslim inhabitants and butchered babies, children, women and some men. We saw pictures and videos of babies burnt alive and dead bodies dumped in wells and many other horrendous things. Some Nigerians (including a FEW nairaland members) actually rejoiced about the killing of the "almajiris". Muslims on the other hand condemned the massacre in very strong terms and prayed for the murderers to be captured.

A few days ago, another set of murderers attacked a village with mainly Christian inhabitants and slaughtered babies, children, women and some men. We are yet again having to view horrendous images of dismembered body parts that used to be human beings. Some Nigerians must have rejoiced at the "revenge" killings and not surprisingly this time it is the turn of the Christians to condemn the barbarism of the killers and call for them to be dealt with decisively.

Where is the fairness, compassion, justice, sanity, common sense, respect for Gods creatures? In some countries you can serve jail time for not feeding your dog properly but in Nigeria you can massacre a whole village and receive felicitations for a job well done.

People are quick to condemn barbaric acts when it affects them personally or their relatives, friends, people that share their faith e.t.c. but turn around and smile in satisfaction when the same happens to their "imaginary enemies". Nigerians want all their problems solved by an "invisible spirit" without being just or kind to each other, without working hard to solve their own problems, without even trying to understand what the root of a problem is. People are very quick to point a finger at someone else as being Nigeria's biggest problem.

I boldly say that anyone who wants to see the person responsible for the evil happening in Nigeria should take a long look in the mirror
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by gidson12(m): 10:43am On Mar 11, 2010
i dont think u are sure of wat u are saying
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by real4life: 11:33am On Mar 11, 2010
gidson12:

i dont think u are sure of wat u are saying

What I mean is we need to be more critical of our ways and try to be better people first. We always criticize others for our problems when we are no better
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Beaf: 11:37am On Mar 11, 2010
real4life:

What I mean is we need to be more critical of our ways and try to be better people first. We always criticize others for our problems when we are no better

You are talking about you and your Boko Harams that kill at a whim. We are not the same.
At the time Gbaramatu was destroyed by bombs, shelling from the sea and straffing from helicopter gunships, a lot of Nigerians found it funny. Now, there are problems elsewhere and we who were laughed at are meant to all "look in the mirror"?

Most Nigerians are dumb, sorry to say. When we say there needs to be a national conference to decide how we live together, the man on the street gets up and counters with a self defeating argument. Well, self defeating arguments will continue to provide the horrors of Jos and probably worse in the future. Let the self defeating arguments mount and lets see if we will not produce a disgrace worse than 10 Rwanda's.

Foolish country.
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by real4life: 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2010
Beaf:

You are talking about you and your Boko Harams that kill at a whim. We are not the same.
At the time Gbaramatu was destroyed by bombs, shelling from the sea and straffing from helicopter gunships, a lot of Nigerians found it funny. Now, there are problems elsewhere and we who were laughed at are meant to all "look in the mirror"?

Most Nigerians are dumb, sorry to say. When we say there needs to be a national conference to decide how we live together, the man on the street gets up and counters with a self defeating argument. Well, self defeating arguments will continue to provide the horrors of Jos and probably worse in the future. Let the self defeating arguments mount and lets see if we will not produce a disgrace worse than 10 Rwanda's.

Foolish country.

Thanks for your post Beaf, you are a perfect example of what I am trying to portray here: So the problem is with me and not you right? Well most people think the problem is with the other person. If you ask Boko Haram member, he thinks the Beafs are the problems of Nigeria. if you ask Niger delta Terrorist, he thinks Real4lifes are the problem of Nigeria. So it is an endless meaningless cycle.

Meanwhile dont take this personal. You say me and my boko harams that kill at a whim are not the same as you. I have never killed and dont know or support any boko haram member. You on the other hand support killings by Niger Delta terrorists because you say it is for a just cause. But you still think you are the saint here.

My argument is simple, we have to draw a line at some point and say enough is enough. Nobody is going to accept he is the culprit so trying to point a finger is useless. But to move forward, we have to search our minds and remove all the hate and prejudice. Every Nigerian belongs to one side of the coin one way or the other. So tell me who is going to solve the problem for us?
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Beaf: 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2010
real4life:

Thanks for your post Beaf, you are a perfect example of what I am trying to portray here: So the problem is with me and not you right? Well most people think the problem is with the other person. If you ask Boko Haram member, he thinks the Beafs are the problems of Nigeria. if you ask Niger delta Terrorist, he thinks Real4lifes are the problem of Nigeria. So it is an endless meaningless cycle.

Meanwhile dont take this personal. You say me and my boko harams that kill at a whim are not the same as you. I have never killed and dont know or support any boko haram member. You on the other hand support killings by Niger Delta terrorists because you say it is for a just cause. But you still think you are the saint here.

My argument is simple, we have to draw a line at some point and say enough is enough. Nobody is going to accept he is the culprit so trying to point a finger is useless. But to move forward, we have to search our minds and remove all the hate and prejudice. Every Nigerian belongs to one side of the coin one way or the other. So tell me who is going to solve the problem for us?

We part company. If you cannot empathise with the Niger Delta, there is something warped about your reasoning. For you, it is ok to bomb the Niger Delta, but it is heart wrenching when those that did the bombing fall on themselves? You aren't making sense, you want to draw the line where, in the air?

Before we can draw the line, someone (or group) has to admit being in the wrong and have the willingness to right the wrong, otherwise, the criminals (whether govt or individual) will be taking everyone for fools. But thats the Nigerian way, isn't it? To build upon patchwork and manage a rickety patched up existence. angry
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by real4life: 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2010
Beaf:

We part company. If you cannot empathise with the Niger Delta, there is something warped about your reasoning. For you, it is ok to bomb the Niger Delta, but it is heart wrenching when those that did the bombing fall on themselves? You aren't making sense, you want to draw the line where, in the air?

Before we can draw the line, someone (or group) has to admit being in the wrong and have the willingness to right the wrong, otherwise, the criminals (whether govt or individual) will be taking everyone for fools. But thats the Nigerian way, isn't it? To build upon patchwork and manage a rickety patched up existence. angry

Are you drunk? how did you come to that conclusion? are you trying to throw words into my mouth or what? Please dont post anything else until you are sober.

From my first post I painted a picture where both sides are at fault, but you did not see that did you?
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by igboboy1(m): 1:04pm On Mar 11, 2010
@real4life shut up there, mechinou gi

ND soldiers are liberators you swine, the terrorrists in Nigeria are up North
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by real4life: 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2010
igbo boy:

@real4life shut up there, mechinou gi

ND soldiers are liberators you swine, the terrorrists in Nigeria are up North

ok
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Beaf: 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2010
real4life:

Are you drunk? how did you come to that conclusion? are you trying to throw words into my mouth or what? Please dont post anything else until you are sober.

From my first post I painted a picture where both sides are at fault, but you did not see that did you?

You called ND freedom fighters, terrorists. Simple deduction or ain't you smart?
Even the US does not class ND militants as terrorists. They class the ND problem as a terrible human rights tragedy, the very same way the UN does. The ND issue is a big disgrace to Nigeria, but in our usual way, we call the victims terrorists. Don't we? No wonder we are where we are.

You painted a picture where both sides are at fault? That is ignorance at best and despicable at the worst. So you are going to tell the 70 old woman that was not only ra'ped in Gbaramatu, but also had her grandchildren bombed by fellow Nigerians that she is wrong? Are you going to also condemn the day old baby hacked to death in Jos too?
What you are attempting, is employing plasters where plasters don't belong. This bullsh!t way of dealing with problems started with the Biafran war; Nigerians have told the Igbo's for years now, "forget and Bleep off"; have they forgotten? Has it worked?
You might mean well, but think before you speak man!

Now, tell me who is drunk?
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by stiyke(m): 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2010
@real4life

Its so wrong for you to call ND militants terrorists. Do you know what Terrorism is?? If you knew, check if it applies to Nigeria Army and police more than to militants. Am against all forms of life loss, life shoult be sacrad, but unfortunately those up North dont feel so.
Even the ND Militants dont kill their hostages, the hostages die when the army attempt forced rescue. Nigeria needs a national conference, else this Jos killings are just the beginning.
More will be coming. This country has expired!!!
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by real4life: 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2010
Beaf:

You called ND freedom fighters, terrorists. Simple deduction or ain't you smart?
Even the US does not class ND militants as terrorists. They class the ND problem as a terrible human rights tragedy, the very same way the UN does. The ND issue is a big disgrace to Nigeria, but in our usual way, we call the victims terrorists. Don't we? No wonder we are where we are.

You painted a picture where both sides are at fault? That is ignorance at best and despicable at the worst. So you are going to tell the 70 old woman that was not only ra'ped in Gbaramatu, but also had her grandchildren bombed by fellow Nigerians that she is wrong? Are you going to also condemn the day old baby hacked to death in Jos too?
What you are attempting, is employing plasters where plasters don't belong. This bullsh!t way of dealing with problems started with the Biafran war; Nigerians have told the Igbo's for years now, "forget and Bleep off"; have they forgotten? Has it worked?
You might mean well, but think before you speak man!

Now, tell me who is drunk?

There are some ND militants who are not terrorists I agree, but anybody who kidnaps and kills innocent citizens and foreigners in the name of Niger Delta struggle is a terrorist, and they are the ones I am referring to. Or who exactly is a terrorist?

Secondly, my statement that both sides are at fault means Muslims who condoned killing of Christians and Christians who condoned killing of Muslims either by celebrating openly or secretly. Again how did you conclude that I meant the victims? Go back to my first post and read it again and you will realize that you have wasted both our time trying to create an issue out of nothing.
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2010
Poster might be right.
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Bariga1(f): 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2010
Beaf,

Two wrongs never make a right. Everyone will agree with you that ND issue needs to be addressed and the people who come from that area have a right to use every “reasonable means” to achieve their dream. They have being short-changed by the government and their leaders.

International law recognises that arms can be used to achieve ones struggle when oppressed. Such as in the case of Northern Ireland, but my concern is that those boys in the creeks are not fighting for the common good of ND, but for their pocket and those sponsoring them. They need to start the fight from within, with their governors and commissioners, asking them to account for the allocation received monthly.

In law they say “he who comes to equity comes with clean hands” can a corrupt group/ gang ask another group to stop being corrupt? You know the answer.

Nigerian government has blatantly failed the ND people, but the people have also failed themselves in terms of fighting for the common good. Councillors and chairmen within ND drive around with the latest cars.

You own the resources that feeds the nation, but have failed woefully in organising yourselves to enjoy the benefits of these resources.

Guys sit down and re-plan your strategy, the current strategy is making a few people very rich. Enough said.
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Beaf: 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2010
^
Shut up. angry
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Beaf: 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2010
real4life:

There are some ND militants who are not terrorists I agree, but anybody who kidnaps and kills innocent citizens and foreigners in the name of Niger Delta struggle is a terrorist, and they are the ones I am referring to. Or who exactly is a terrorist?

Secondly, my statement that both sides are at fault means Muslims who condoned killing of Christians and Christians who condoned killing of Muslims either by celebrating openly or secretly. Again how did you conclude that I meant the victims? Go back to my first post and read it again and you will realize that you have wasted both our time trying to create an issue out of nothing.

The thing is, your scenario has never happened (I challenge you provide to provide a single proof). That is why your statements rather than healing are causing grieviance. I am sure you mean well, but we can't afford to gloss over facts, otherwise we become like the damaged folk that gloat over the gory deaths of fellow Nigerians.
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by lannre(m): 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2010
Someone said Niger Delta Militants are liberators . I am yet to see a correlation between Liberators and Militants . And a prove of that statement .
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2010
I cant remember any time that people rejoice at the killing of anyone, regardless of where they are from or their faith.
Christians, Muslim, idol worshipers, God created them all and why would anyone wanna rejoice such . . . i will love to see a thread where people rejoice over such killings
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Bariga1(f): 3:11pm On Mar 11, 2010
Is it not easier to say “shut-up” than to give a constructive answer?
Beaf you are part of the problem and not the solution to ND problems, your people will continue to suffer as long as people like you without brain parade themselves as representatives of the ND people.
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by EzeUche(m): 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2010
The Niger Deltan militants are not considered terrorist by the U.S.

However, Boko Haram and all those Islamist groups up North are considered part of terrorist organization. The terrorist up North, do not attack those who are exploiting them, mainly the Fulani elite, they are attacking innocent Christians who do not even play a part in their own exploitation.

Foolish people. That is why the sooner this nation is divided, the better. angry
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Beaf: 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2010
Bariga1:

Beaf you are part of the problem and not the solution to ND problems, your people will continue to suffer as long as people like you without brain parade themselves as representatives of the ND people.

Shut up.
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2010
Bariga1:

it is your people dat will suffer.  ingrate!!! apart from your generals crying on their knees in front of a mere major, and eating the crumbs that fall of the table, what have your people ever done to emancipate themselves from their sufferings? just shut up!!!!!
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by honeric01(m): 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2010
Beaf:

Shut up.

This one wey u just dey shout shut up since morning, you sure say you never join the Nigerian army? undecided
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Beaf: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2010
honeric01:

This one wey u just dey shout shut up since morning, you sure say you never join the Nigerian army? undecided

See you wen cold don hammer finnish for Siberia! grin
Bariga is the type of person we call hidiot grin.

You want me to answer people that are so bloody ignorant that when they open their mouth its like the dust bin? I am quite sure me and real4life would have come to a point of understanding without bariga's load of out of point tosh.
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by honeric01(m): 3:51pm On Mar 11, 2010
Beaf:

See you wen cold don hammer finnish for Siberia! grin
Bariga is the type of person we call hidiot grin.

You want me to answer people that are so bloody ignorant that when they open their mouth its like the dust bin? I am quite sure me and real4life would have come to a point of understanding without bariga's load of out of point tosh.

Me ke? i dey fan myself right now, Heat wan kill me for my mama and GF angry angry angry angry

lol, well you didn't want to type, so you decided to borrow a line from those illiterate Nigerian Army (SHUT UP) grin grin grin grin

When you hear shut up from a soldier in Nigeria, the next thing na slap and raking. grin grin grin grin
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Beaf: 4:05pm On Mar 11, 2010
^
Exactly! Na only few English I get for maut, so I no wan waste am wit dat hidiot.

You mean say heat deh kill you for Siberia? Na lie! Somebody deh pursue you jare! grin
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Bariga1(f): 4:07pm On Mar 11, 2010
Hello Beaf,

Definitely you think alike, losers always think alike!!!

This “bulldog approach” has not worked for you or your people in ND. The way you write depict your age and reasoning.

I weep for ND if these are some of their educated elites in the western world.

I am in Nigeria currently playing my little part to help re-build the country. Beaf what have you ever done in your life? Apart from arm-chair unproductive write-up?
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Mar 11, 2010
honeric01:

Me ke? i dey fan myself right now, Heat wan kill me for my mama and GF  angry angry angry angry

lol, well you didn't want to type, so you decided to borrow a line from those illiterate Nigerian Army (SHUT UP) grin grin grin grin

When you hear shut up from a soldier in Nigeria, the next thing na slap and raking. grin grin grin grin

Lol
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2010
I wonder when we will ever ave to be able to just debate without insults
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by Beaf: 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2010
Bariga1:

Hello Beaf,

Definitely you think alike, losers always think alike!!!

This “bulldog approach” has not worked for you or your people in ND. The way you write depict your age and reasoning.

I weep for ND if these are some of their educated elites in the western world.

I am in Nigeria currently playing my little part to help re-build the country. Beaf what have you ever done in your life? Apart from arm-chair unproductive write-up?

Shut up.
Re: You Are Nigerias Biggest Problem by honeric01(m): 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2010
Beaf:

^
Exactly! Na only few English I get for maut, so I no wan waste am wit dat hidiot.

You mean say heat deh kill you for Siberia? Na lie! Somebody deh pursue you jare! grin

lol, i see, nice move.

yea oo, heat wan kill me here, where be Siberia? because i dey speak Russian mean say i dey Siberia? u no even know if i dey stay next door to you. cheesy, nobody reach to pursue me oo grin

Fhemmmy:

Lol

cool cool cool

Beaf:

Shut up.

grin grin grin grin cry grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I Will Avenge My 7 Children - Victim Of Jos Killings / Pastor Kidnaps 15 Yr Old Girl; Robs Mother Of 8,000 Naira / Akala Was A Small Boy To Me: Oyinlola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.