Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 (5629 Views)

How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings / 4 Tips For Raising Your Search Engine Rankings / 5 SEO Tools To Improve Your Website Rankings In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by jayjay5oxide(m): 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
Doubting the efficacy of Search Engine Rankings is like searching for water holding a basket. Google makes changes to its algorithms hundreds of times each year. This has a significant impact on the ranking of all the websites indexed in the Google search engine. So, if you have been looking for ways to improve your SERP ranking, we have 5 tips to help you do just that. Dont forget the 5 Must Do SEO Hacks For Any Blog To Rank High On Google.

With these tips, you will get a lot of traffic as well as a higher page rank. Grab a cup of coffee and relax. Are you ready? Lets ride on!

Make Your Site Mobile Friendly (Mobile Compatibility)
[/b]According to research, the practical indexing system of Google prefers mobile first. Thus, if your website or blog is not mobile-friendly, you may not be able to improve your rank. If you have no idea if your site is mobile friendly or not, you can sign into to your account to check out the Mobile Usability Report. Reading the report will help you fix the issues to make your site mobile friendly.

[b]Engage in Quality Link Building

As far as Google's algorithm is concerned, link building is still the way to go. It's important that you get as many external links as possible. However, make sure each link is relevant and comes from an authority website. In other words, you may want to get links from a website that operates in the same industry as yours. This will help you keep your ranking higher and higher in the search engines.

READ THIS:Top Profitable Backlink Methods for New and Old Bloggers In 2017

User Experience and Good CTR
Nowadays Google seems to be friendly, although its a personal opinion.User experience and CTR seems to be the main ranking factors . As a matter of fact, user experience covers almost all aspects of the interaction of a visitor with your company, products or services. So, if you make the user experience better, you will be able to get more customers. In other words, if your CTR is higher, you can get better search engine ranking. As a matter of fact, if you keep the visitors on your blog or site longer, your rankings will get better.

Good Keyword Research
The efficacy of Good keyword research can not be over stressed. Keyword research was important for SEO in the past and it still is. Whether you have a personal or business blog / website, choosing the right keywords is important for ranking. As a matter of fact, it's the keywords that will let the search engine know what your website or blog content is about. People also use keywords to look for what they need online. You can use a variety of keyword research tools to make your search easier.

LongTailpro is the best profitable niche keywords for bloggers. LongTailPro for $1 trial — USE THIS LINK FOR 30% OFF.

There are other free Keyword tools if you're just starting, there are also good;

Google keyword planner: It’s effectively designed for advertising.

However, you can use it to research organic keywords by appropriately customizing your results for one of your competitors.

KWFinder: Undoubtedly a long tail keyword research tool with an enviable and comprehensive interface.It practically shows you available trend, search volume, CPC, and possible level of difficulty in live results.

keywordtool: Powerful Keyword Tool That Helps You Find The Keywords That People Are Typing Into Google Search Box.

Ranking Tool
With ranking as a reference, keyword research tool also plays a significant role, it's also a good idea to use a good page tracker. Many websites offer these services for free. And there are some that offer advanced services and charge a monthly subscription fee. By keeping a track of your search engine ranking, you can know if you are heading in the right direction. Based on the page rank, you can change our strategies for better results.

So, if you have been struggling to increase your website ranking nowadays, we suggest that you follow the tips given in this article. With hard work and right tools, you can make your site or blog rank higher in search engines.

However, I usually demand that you Get Quality Back links,It has help me tremendously.

For more visit us @ http://www.jaysciencetech.com/2017/09/5-tips-to-improve-your-search-engine.html

Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by MRAKBEE(m): 7:30am On Oct 29, 2017
Interesting..
Those tips work shay but did you know that the search engine giant plays politics with the ranking of sites. It aint really what it seems
U can sue Google if your Google Site Ranking Sucks..
That's is if u have enof money oh.
The Plaintiff's real goal may be to simply force Google through the discovery process to tell them what the Google ranking algorithm is . cos its sketchy. Why
?
Google wants to make more money(capitalism sucks). That's why it blacklists some site . however Some companies in the developed world have been able to sue the search engine giant and get some compensations at one point or another.
I bn think say This first to comment sef na achievement. Lol
The thing no sweet oh..
Happy Sunday Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by Kimy97(f): 7:35am On Oct 29, 2017
Its nice
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by freeman95(m): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2017
How do you even perform SEO on a website in the first place?!

Plus this one Nairaland is advertising one website that has to do with free sex partner and sugar mummy these days.......

Maybe they can advertise an adult website for me then.... cheesy

Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by pauljumbo: 7:43am On Oct 29, 2017
Nice write up
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2017
The age of your blog also affects the SEO a great deal. That's a fact

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by ade101(m): 8:53am On Oct 29, 2017
Seo is overrated, content is king. I read a lot of Seo articles, invested time and money, in fact I use services that charge monthly for keyword and back links analysis, at the end of the day, if you don't have a good content, it's a waste of time.

I would rather spend money on content, unique content, than seo. Do you know that most people target low competition keywords (long tail), before you knew it, that same keyword becomes high competition and the person with great articles for the keyword will rank better.

Secondly, Google ranking algorithm considers traffic, age of domain, spread of domain, length of article before looking to how well the article is structured (seo).
So many factors that it's better to just focus on giving your audience great content and let Google decide the importance of your article via visitor engagement and how long you can keep running the site (domain age).

On my websites, I have articles that were super optimized for search engine ranking, but I discovered that most my articles that rank first are the one I wrote purposely to solve a problem for my visitors not to rank.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by djemillionia: 9:09am On Oct 29, 2017
Good admin needed @ mp3baddo.com
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by WizPrince1(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2017
Aptly put, OP.
Same strategies I use for my blog, Primetweets (www.primetweets.com.ng)
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by pabostt: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
ade101:
Seo is overrated, content is king. I read a lot of Seo articles, invested time and money, in fact I use services that charge monthly for keyword and back links analysis, at the end of the day, if you don't have a good content, it's a waste of time.

I would rather spend money on content, unique content, than seo. Do you know that most people target low competition keywords (long tail), before you knew it, that same keyword becomes high competition and the person with great articles for the keyword will rank better.

Secondly, Google ranking algorithm considers traffic, age of domain, spread of domain, length of article before looking to how well the article is structured (seo).
So many factors that it's better to just focus on giving your audience great content and let Google decide the importance of your article via visitor engagement and how long you can keep running the site (domain age).

On my websites, I have articles that were super optimized for search engine ranking, but I discovered that most my articles that rank first are the one I wrote purposely to solve a problem for my visitors not to rank.

Nice points

From my experience, the bolded are strong factor for ranking better on Google search engine.
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
Check Out My New Signature Via http://www..com
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by Dasameolgee(m): 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
jayjay5oxide:

Doubting the efficacy of Search Engine Rankings is like searching for water holding a basket. Google makes changes to its algorithms hundreds of times each year. This has a significant impact on the ranking of all the websites indexed in the Google search engine. So, if you have been looking for ways to improve your SERP ranking, we have 5 tips to help you do just that. Dont forget the 5 Must Do SEO Hacks For Any Blog To Rank High On Google.

With these tips, you will get a lot of traffic as well as a higher page rank. Grab a cup of coffee and relax. Are you ready? Lets ride on!

Make Your Site Mobile Friendly (Mobile Compatibility)
[/b]According to research, the practical indexing system of Google prefers mobile first. Thus, if your website or blog is not mobile-friendly, you may not be able to improve your rank. If you have no idea if your site is mobile friendly or not, you can sign into to your account to check out the Mobile Usability Report. Reading the report will help you fix the issues to make your site mobile friendly.

[b]Engage in Quality Link Building

As far as Google's algorithm is concerned, link building is still the way to go. It's important that you get as many external links as possible. However, make sure each link is relevant and comes from an authority website. In other words, you may want to get links from a website that operates in the same industry as yours. This will help you keep your ranking higher and higher in the search engines.

READ THIS:Top Profitable Backlink Methods for New and Old Bloggers In 2017

User Experience and Good CTR
Nowadays Google seems to be friendly, although its a personal opinion.User experience and CTR seems to be the main ranking factors . As a matter of fact, user experience covers almost all aspects of the interaction of a visitor with your company, products or services. So, if you make the user experience better, you will be able to get more customers. In other words, if your CTR is higher, you can get better search engine ranking. As a matter of fact, if you keep the visitors on your blog or site longer, your rankings will get better.

Good Keyword Research
The efficacy of Good keyword research can not be over stressed. Keyword research was important for SEO in the past and it still is. Whether you have a personal or business blog / website, choosing the right keywords is important for ranking. As a matter of fact, it's the keywords that will let the search engine know what your website or blog content is about. People also use keywords to look for what they need online. You can use a variety of keyword research tools to make your search easier.

LongTailpro is the best profitable niche keywords for bloggers. LongTailPro for $1 trial — USE THIS LINK FOR 30% OFF.

There are other free Keyword tools if you're just starting, there are also good;

Google keyword planner: It’s effectively designed for advertising.

However, you can use it to research organic keywords by appropriately customizing your results for one of your competitors.

KWFinder: Undoubtedly a long tail keyword research tool with an enviable and comprehensive interface.It practically shows you available trend, search volume, CPC, and possible level of difficulty in live results.

keywordtool: Powerful Keyword Tool That Helps You Find The Keywords That People Are Typing Into Google Search Box.

Ranking Tool
With ranking as a reference, keyword research tool also plays a significant role, it's also a good idea to use a good page tracker. Many websites offer these services for free. And there are some that offer advanced services and charge a monthly subscription fee. By keeping a track of your search engine ranking, you can know if you are heading in the right direction. Based on the page rank, you can change our strategies for better results.

So, if you have been struggling to increase your website ranking nowadays, we suggest that you follow the tips given in this article. With hard work and right tools, you can make your site or blog rank higher in search engines.

However, I usually demand that you Get Quality Back links,It has help me tremendously.

For more visit us @ http://www.jaysciencetech.com/2017/09/5-tips-to-improve-your-search-engine.html

OP, nice one. Your points are good.

My name is Eze Erondu and i am the Web Designer/Digital Marketer for Abule Graphics (which currently ranks #1 as the "best web design agency in Abuja" on all search engines), and also some top ranking Digital Marketing agencies in Abuja, here is my contribution:

1. Never run your SEO without having your strongest competitors in mind. Learn all their strategies and improve on it.
2. There are several analytics tools to guide you. Make them your companion.
3. Use original content. Say NO to Plagiarism.
4. Master your HTML and at least, the basics of PHP. You will need to do your meta yourself. Dont put all your hopes on plugins.
5. Google give lightweight websites extra boost. So, make sure your site isn't loaded with heavy pictures that slows down your em....
6. Mind your "alt".
7. Keyword consistency is what SEO is about. Spread relevant keywords on each page

These and more are how i have personally been able to rank businesses above major competitors.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by spafu(m): 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
Interesting
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by biggy26: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
My experience over time is; just keep working. Try and ignore google so u don't get frustrated with ur daily analytics. The more u can post nice contents, after a while u will go up!
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by Dasameolgee(m): 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2017
biggy26:
My experience over time is; just keep working. Try and ignore google so u don't get frustrated with ur daily analytics. The more u can post nice contents, after a while u will go up!

Google Analytics isn't there to frustrate you bro.
It's there to help you correct what you're doing wrong.
GTMATRIX is another awesome tool.

As long as you are doing the right thing, you can actually get on the front page or even attain the #1 spot in just a few hours depending on how long it takes Search Engines to index your site.
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by biggy26: 6:48am On Oct 30, 2017
Dasameolgee:

Google Analytics isn't there to frustrate you bro.
It's there to help you correct what you're doing wrong.
GTMATRIX is another awesome tool.

As long as you are doing the right thing, you can actually get on the front page or even attain the #1 spot in just a few hours depending on how long it takes Search Engines to index your site.
Bro. I'm not trying to blacklist google analytics o, what i meant is don't get too carried away with d initial numbers. I have good years of experience, after a while, google will be your friend. And it isn't matrix, but metrix. Tnx.
You can check: www.poontoe.com
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by Dasameolgee(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2017
biggy26:

Bro. I'm not trying to blacklist google analytics o, what i meant is don't get too carried away with d initial numbers. I have good years of experience, after a while, google will be your friend. And it isn't matrix, but metrix. Tnx.
You can check: www.poontoe.com

Thanks for the correction. I can assure you its typo.
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 by biggy26: 7:04am On Oct 30, 2017
Dasameolgee:

Thanks for the correction. I can assure you its typo.
Ur welcome bro. Blessings!

(1) (Reply)

Important Factors That Will Make Your Website Redesign Process A Success / Hackers Hit EFCC's Website / Five(5) Ways To Get Your Blog Noticed On The World Wide Web

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.