Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi (12742 Views)

Protest As INTELS Sacks Over 700 Workers Without Benefits / Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi by bakila: 7:45am On Oct 14, 2017
Prestige16:

Not really, most of them just go to houses threatening them and when monies are paid, most staff dont remit it as it becomes their pocket money and they will receive nothing less than 2k from u. They do this mostly to those in the rural villages of makurdi
You got it right, they do it even in Makurdi.
Re: JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi by Addilelgi(m): 8:04am On Oct 14, 2017
is not only in makurdi. It covers all the four states in which jED covers. i.e plateau, bauchi, Benue and Gombe. it was a moment of sober in my Branch here in jos yesterday
Re: JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi by 400billionman: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2017
Felixalex:
Hardluck people....

They said they would create 3million jobs yearly, people keep losing existing jobs

One can imagine the stress of the harsh economic climate on smaller businesses..

1 Like

Re: JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi by 400billionman: 10:07am On Oct 14, 2017
BetaThings:

Go and watch the discussion between Elumelu and VP Osinbajo at the NESG day 1 session
Tony Elumelu (one of the players in the electricity sector) himself admitted that the privatisation done by Jonathan was flawed
But the present government cannot reverse it to avoid setting a precedent

It is one thing to hate the current government and another to set a personal standard of being truthful at all times

How can Elumelu say the privatisation was flawed, yet he participated in it ?

He should have made his input as suggestions to Jonathan and Jona would have listened.

One thing about excuses..
Re: JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi by ernieboy(m): 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
9jakohai:
Solution's

1. Meters , everyone gets metered. ( people may bypass the meter though)

2. Allow Discos to operate in parts of the country outside their catchment area. If I live in Jos and I think my bills are too high, I could sign up with Ikeja disco whose billing is lower and pay their bills while living in Jos.

This could force down bill cost via competition, and even attract more customers

3. Nigerians should pay their bills as and at when due. Same goes for govt agencies .

4.At some point, we may need to take a loan of $100billion to improve generation. Because really we need $300billion to fix everything
if u sign up with Ikeja disco and live in jos, how will Ikeja disco supply u power? will they lay new poles and wires to connect u in Jos or do u think jos disco will allow another company use their distribution lines?
Re: JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi by NwaliE01: 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2017
Yet to hear anything good about this Government.
Re: JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
ernieboy:

if u sign up with Ikeja disco and live in jos, how will Ikeja disco supply u power? will they lay new poles and wires to connect u in Jos or do u think jos disco will allow another company use their distribution lines?

Since they all use the same transmission system,all that might be needed to change is to just go and register with Ikeja Disco either online or at their office in Jos. wink..and then get your Ikeja DISCO meter installed in your house at Jos.

(I guess eventually, we may have something like a Universal meter that can be adapted to use by any disco...but that is another story).

The only issue is that Ikeja Disco might end up having to pay many GENCOS at once.
Re: JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi by mechanics(m): 2:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
Bad news.
Re: JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi by ernieboy(m): 3:29am On Oct 15, 2017
9jakohai:

Since they all use the same transmission system,all that might be needed to change is to just go and register with Ikeja Disco either online or at their office in Jos. wink..and then get your Ikeja DISCO meter installed in your house at Jos.

(I guess eventually, we may have something like a Universal meter that can be adapted to use by any disco...but that is another story).

The only issue is that Ikeja Disco might end up having to pay many GENCOS at once.
u don't get it, the poles, transformer and distribution wires that pass through ur house are owned by the disco in ur locality, the only way any one else can supply u power is to lay new poles, transformer and wires, which is not very practicable.

(1) (2) (Reply)

17 Ways To Be Happier At Work. / What You Sow Is What You Reap. / IGP Promotes 82,779 Junior Police Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.