Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,439 members, 7,781,285 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:45 AM

Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours (12159 Views)

Finally I Got That Job. / Share Your Experience On How You Got A Politician To Help You Get A Job / N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by MercyLady3: 1:23am On Oct 14, 2017
Share the experience about how you got that juicy job of yours.

If you work for one of the top companies in Nigeria, you can talk about how you got the job and how you think you were qualified for that job position.

Did you apply on their website online?

[Don't forget to mention the name of the company you are working for]
Thanks as you reply.

(We can learn from your experience)

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Ayo4251(m): 7:59am On Oct 15, 2017
Wow...FTC for the first time... Regular first commenters, what's the reward? cheesy

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by LexngtonSteele: 7:59am On Oct 15, 2017
So sure no lady would confess the BJs & HJs

No man would confess the asslicking... i had to suck up to a lady i had already told to eff off ! angry angry

Yorubas say : " Bowing for dwarf doesn't mean you wouldn't be taller than him when you rise" tongue

9 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Mantain(m): 8:00am On Oct 15, 2017
Just passing by
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by tobidipity(m): 8:00am On Oct 15, 2017
Booked
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Coolboi05(m): 8:01am On Oct 15, 2017
make I sit here
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by lukaino(m): 8:02am On Oct 15, 2017
Op are you not supposed to share yours first?
or are you jobless?

10 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Desdola(m): 8:02am On Oct 15, 2017
Interview
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by IAMSASHY(f): 8:03am On Oct 15, 2017
undecided iffa hear

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 15, 2017
I enjoyed playing with penetration testing and attempting different hacks for fun. I had a mid experience in coding and played alot with backtrack (now Kali) little did I know that it will land me a job with a very big government somewhere in the middle east.

I posted some exploits I discovered and converted to a gui for lazy people and guess what? an email from a man claiming to be what I never expected landed in my email box asking for my phone number. I obliged and in a few minutes the first international call I ever received came to my phone. We talked and before you know it I was sent $400. I had no passport so I went to secure one. I lived in makurdi so an urgent passport was 25k which I got instantly. I sent the scanned copy out and the next day I got a visa. yes the next day, that fast. My visa and ticket were mailed to me and I landed in dubai the same week. No interviews, and until today no one has even asked to see my certificate. Nowadays the ministry of labor demands certificate attestation before they make employment visas, I was exempted. They said the government does not employ Nigerians, I am exempted. Not my might, not by smartness, Not by qualification but by God's favor. May his name be praised. This is my 7th year as a cyber security, electronics crimes detective.

Allahuakbar. Praise the lord. what ever you call it.

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by alfaHaywhy(m): 8:03am On Oct 15, 2017
Sent a mail to the website mod informing them of the service I could supply them(web content writing) and backed it up with necessary statistics. he gave me the job instantly.

But I had to drop the job when wages are not forthcoming.

So incase you need someone like me hit me up on 08131051575.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by fav444(f): 8:03am On Oct 15, 2017
God did it. I saw the vacancy on nairaland

6 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by bigeliot(m): 8:08am On Oct 15, 2017
grin
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by iyisco2001(m): 8:09am On Oct 15, 2017
Am just gonna talk about how I got the one am resuming on next month.
I saw the job listing on jobberman, company confidential. I was just applying anyhow to a specific role, so I applied.
Got called some days after if I can be in for interview and I said no, but if they can arrange Skype.(distance)
They agreed and we had an appointment.
Boom, interview done, nice and easy.
Cleared medical, sent my documents in.
Offer came.
I'll be relocating for the job and it's juicy.

13 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by spectator2001: 8:11am On Oct 15, 2017
cheesy
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by ritux: 8:15am On Oct 15, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Nairastake: 8:15am On Oct 15, 2017
Goodluck Jonathan's SUREP. Got retained after the one year internship

4 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2017
illitrate:
I enjoyed playing with penetration testing and attempting different hacks for fun. I had a mid experience in coding and played alot with backtrack (now Kali) little did I know that it will land me a job with a very big government somewhere in the middle east.

I posted some exploits I discovered and converted to a gui for lazy people and guess what? an email from a man claiming to be what I never expected landed in my email box asking for my phone number. I obliged and in a few minutes the first international call I ever received came to my phone. We talked and before you know it I was sent $400. I had to passport so I went to secure one. I lived in makurdi so an urgent passport was 25k which I got instantly. I sent the scanned copy out and the next day I got a visa. yes the next day, that fast. My visa and ticket were mailed to me and I landed in dubai the same week. No interviews, and until today no one has even asked to see my certificate. Nowadays the ministry of labor demands certificate attestation before they make employment visas, I was exempted. They said the government does not employ Nigerians, I am exempted. Not my might, not by smartness, Not by qualification but by God's favor. May his name be praised. This is my 7th year as a cyber security, electronics crimes detective.

Allahuakbar. Praise the lord. what ever you call it.
Bros I troway salute, wawu this is awesome!

Honestly at times I wonder if the almighty created people differently when I come across exploits like yours. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by gentility411(m): 8:21am On Oct 15, 2017
In Nigeria it is a widely held belief dat one needs connection OE to known a reputable person in an organisation to get a job. Tho, my case was very different. I was touring my area for vacancies in some elite skools. Somehow I bumped into dis skool and met with d skool owner to indicate an interest of teaching a specified subject. She turned me down and told me dere was none as at den , but I could drop my CV for future consideration. Tho she hinted a vacancy for a different subject.
I went home thought of it, and went back with anoda CV and application letter for d new subject post she hinted me. Tho she wasn't around on my return, i sha dropped it anyway. Following week was called for an interview in same skool, She saw me and got surprised , I passed d test and I was offerer d job at d spot. Still dere till date, PERSEVERANCE PAYS IF U ASK ME.

16 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by KnowMore: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2017
Okay
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by mustafa006: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2017
As the former head of the unemployed youth association of nairaland I got my job through connection from oga at the top

6 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by femorra(m): 8:23am On Oct 15, 2017
i got a an interview from my application in jobberman,
on interview day there were others and i kept thinking others looked better than me (my mind o)
during interview the MD sees someplace that i had worked before, a job not related to the one i was being interviewed for..
the interview questions switched to the new skill.
long and short i got employed for a bigger and better position

12 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 15, 2017
I work at Nigeria embassy in liberia I will say I got my job through a friend of a brother friend to my brother classmate and to me Interview is always disame
what's your qualification?
how many organization have you work with?
who is father,mother brother or sister cheesy(omo see question)?
How did you get here? Etc
So their is nothing like experience

2 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by not4sure(m): 8:27am On Oct 15, 2017
I used to work with a company that salaries are not paid as at when due, then miracle happens I got an interview from Job I applied online and I was employed

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 15, 2017
that faithful Thursday in october 2014 i got a calling asking to knw if i was at home. The caller then asked me to see him at his Wuse zone 3 office the next day being Friday, that i did with my documents (mind you, this was one of various several visits to this man after nysc in 2010). Fast forward to January 2015, i found myself in the academy where i trained for 6 months. Currently preparing for promotion to the next level. Having carved a niche for myself in intelligence/surveillance/security, I'm looking forward to a better challenge on the global stage.

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:34am On Oct 15, 2017
I got mine from someone that knows someone. Although its far from being juicy,but half bread they say is better than puff-puff.Looking for a better one.

6 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 15, 2017
Well..
I walked in, shot the boss and took over.

21 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Spylord48: 8:40am On Oct 15, 2017
Let me stay here and look to know the strategy others used in getting job..I have applied severally yet no response or even invitation for interview.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by twentyk(m): 8:46am On Oct 15, 2017
I use to buy vintage shirt at yaba for 1k,then due to recession it got to 1.5k...saw the opportunity to resell to them big boys in my sch,departments nd even indigen who wanna belong... I deal with the buyer 4 yaba and we agreed to sell it 4 me at 1k per shirt and i resell most times for as high as 4.5 depending on the colour nd design...d highest i sold was 5,500 to a yahoo boy who i met at a party,though it was my best shirt and i had originally kept it for me...flat price is 2.5 and some of my old G get it for 1.5 nd my real bloods get it for free sometime...im not particularly business savvy but i just love to make DEALS...
Now i got another place where i could get the material for as low as 500(dope ass material)and sow it myself... Waiting for graduation list and im currently learning how to cut hair(barbing)..after that na tailoring Asap..
I have never thought about working for someone or in one office etc...i Simply won't work,i like to be free and wanna laugh and enjoy myself all the time while working....
Now i been thinking seriously about agriculture,well everyone must eat na...so i choose benue for Nysc(food basket of the nation)plus i heard food dey waste there...lets mix with the locals and see things firsthand and look for ways to make money....

Im kinda lazy and lost interest when im doing something uninteresting also i can't sit for long in a place hence i get bored.and a bored me is very very useless...oh im also a dope ass footballer,i always which i had people put me on camera for the world to see so it won't look like say i dey make mouth.was in the Nigerian u17 camp in abuja in 2013 before i was screened out,played for 'cod' and 36 lion before i got admition the now super eagles keeper Dele was my teammate use to score him anyhow now he dey super eagles...well i rest my pen...

42 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Was Your First Job, And What Do You Do Now? / Job Search Pitfalls: Beware Of These Red Flags! / When Is The Best Time To Look For Job In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.