Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest (7528 Views)

Four Students Celebrating The End Of WASSCE At Lagos Beach Drown / UNN Suspends Chigozie Obum For Impregnating Four Students Within 4 Years / Adekunle Ajasin University Ondo Shut Down Over Protest. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by dably: 7:39am On Oct 14, 2017
@iGISTMORE

The management of OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University), Osun State has suspended four of its students allegedly said to have engaged in criminal activities. It was reported that the Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Eyitope Ogunbodede, approved their immediate suspension, following the investigation of the police and pending its outcome.

The affected students include Omole Ibukun Ayodele, studying Civil Engineering, Jacob Tosin Grace, in the Faculty of Law. Others are Udeh John, a student in the department of Arts and Social Sciences and one Oluwalade Babatunde, said to be studying English.

Confirming the development, OAU Public Relations Officer, Mr Abiodun Olarewaju, in a statement, said, 'the students, together with other persons, vandalised commercial transport vehicles of the members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers in Ile-Ife, and drove two other vehicles to more police stations where other students being interrogated by the police were forcefully released by their group. The Vice-Chancellor of the University, Professor Eyitope Ogunbodede, upon careful review of the facts and circumstances of the matter, has come to the inevitable conclusion that the students involved be suspended from the University in the interim, pending police investigation and until such time as the situation shall have been reviewed and resolved'.

Following their alleged misconducts, the students were further ordered “to vacate the campus and are accordingly forbidden to participate in any activity of the University, either within or outside the campus. “The University management has, therefore, advised law-abiding students to concentrate on their studies and shun any act or utterance that is capable of elongating the academic calendar beyond the stipulated period,” the statement read.

http://www.gistmore.com/oau-suspends-four-students-alleged-criminal-activities

Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by veekid(m): 8:05am On Oct 14, 2017
fakoo1:
Can someone teach me how to be FTC

it's very simple; just be jobless

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by DanielsParker(m): 8:05am On Oct 14, 2017
okay
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by jony247(m): 8:05am On Oct 14, 2017
Hmmm ftc
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by 2winsboi(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Ok
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by miarhpe: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Good intention gone south.

That school self their gra gra too much

singing*
Na igbo oh, na im make akeem go gaga
see the fool Onye ara

©don jazzy

2 Likes

Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by Bash10(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2017
J
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by Khonvicted(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Issa normal thing o

Next please ...
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by sureheaven(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Unserious students.......
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by smithsolord: 8:07am On Oct 14, 2017
hmm FTP
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by youngoptimistic: 8:08am On Oct 14, 2017
Hmm,moral decadency at times land one to peril.....
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by smithsolord: 8:08am On Oct 14, 2017
hmm FTc
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:09am On Oct 14, 2017
This is a welcomed development
Dem resemble Cultist oh for facebook
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by Ogbenisoft28(m): 8:09am On Oct 14, 2017
First-time on FP�
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by fakoo1: 8:10am On Oct 14, 2017
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by ToluSuo(m): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2017
The school management are really playing with elongation of the academic year. How can you suspend student without laid down procedures being observed. This v.c ehn well sha... #PEACE...

1 Like

Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by Greatmind23: 8:13am On Oct 14, 2017
let me check my name

oh sorry I'm in lautech
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by faorex(m): 8:13am On Oct 14, 2017
fakoo1:
Stop using GLO.
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by Springdale: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2017
I’m sure they’re nairalanders

Dump asses.
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by anuoluwapo884(m): 8:18am On Oct 14, 2017
That one na serious issue. Aluta with Sense
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by anonymuz(m): 8:25am On Oct 14, 2017
May be an SUG activity.
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by buffalowings: 8:26am On Oct 14, 2017
M
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by jbreezy: 8:26am On Oct 14, 2017
Wasted career
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by deepwater(f): 8:30am On Oct 14, 2017
Moore police station, so weak a police post.

Whenever they hear about the visit of OAU SU movement towards their direction they just released their students immediately to them grin grin grin

Why capture them if you can not keep them.

If you don't know the song below, and you didn't meet who composed it, don't ever quote me. We have nothing in common

Great Ife!, Great Ife!
Remain Great Ife
Scientific Aluta with maturity
Great Ife!, Great Ife!
Remain Great Ife

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2017
Na wa ooo
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by 4gunners(m): 9:02am On Oct 14, 2017
Hehe, IBK why nao
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 14, 2017
Oau, maintain a peaceful semester please
Re: OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest by Pat081: 9:34am On Oct 14, 2017
Greatmind23:
let me check my name

oh sorry I'm in lautech
it can still happen to u dia

(1) (2) (Reply)

"mapouka 101 At Oou" Abeg My Fellow Nairanlanders, True Or False / The Porter's Wheel: Summary, Discussions, Questions And Answers / I Need Information About Universities In European That Do Not Require Toefl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.