Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,248 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:18 AM

Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid (1542 Views)

Advice Getting Camry 2001 (fishlight/droplight). Users Please Come In / Honda Civic Spare Part Dealers (please Come In And Estimate) / 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by Gourdoinc(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2017
I need your advise and possibly affordable help to repair the gear of a car. it's a Nissan altima 2001, auto. the gear doesn't exceed one, without having a very high rpm, once it crosses to gear two it proceeds without hitch.

it selects normally between drive , reverse and all other added gear options. but that persistent issue of not changing from gear one after a very long time.

is that gear totaled? is the gear workable? it's a car for my mum and I don't want what will give her stress. if workable could such be done reliably with a guarantee for longetivity? are the issues so much that it requires a total change.

you have helped me with advise here many times and I appreciate that. do help me with this too. the car is at iju ishaga axis, so if need be based on advise, it could be driven down to your end for better analysis.

anyone else with an expert opinion could also advise. I need this fixed asap. thanks
Re: Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by timifakay(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
Gourdoinc:
I need your advise and possibly affordable help to repair the gear of a car. it's a Nissan altima 2001, auto. the gear doesn't exceed one, without having a very high rpm, once it crosses to gear two it proceeds without hitch.

it selects normally between drive , reverse and all other added gear options. but that persistent issue of not changing from gear one after a very long time.

is that gear totaled? is the gear workable? it's a car for my mum and I don't want what will give her stress. if workable could such be done reliably with a guarantee for longetivity? are the issues so much that it requires a total change.

you have helped me with advise here many times and I appreciate that. do help me with this too. the car is at iju ishaga axis, so if need be based on advise, it could be driven down to your end for better analysis.

anyone else with an expert opinion could also advise. I need this fixed asap. thanks

Due to the bolded.
Replace gear.
Re: Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by gly2ken: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
It might be the brain box, scan the car
Re: Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by Gourdoinc(m): 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2017
gly2ken:
It might be the brain box, scan the car
the check engine light is ON. could this be an issue? everything else is OK with the car asides what I described
Re: Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by Tonycharles79(m): 10:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
get the car scanned
Re: Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by OPUSDEI1(m): 10:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
Dear OP,
Where as there is a check engine sign on your dashboard, the first thing to do is to have the car scanned and and the transmission diagnosed. Then you may post the scan results here for further interpretation.
Your car is currently not among the list of coverage by Gazzuzz, but knowing who he is, he may still be of assistance.
Was any job done on the car before this issue started?
Re: Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
Gourdoinc:

bring it to workshop 1pm tommorow for free analysis. No african time.
Re: Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by nams77: 11:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

bring it to workshop 1pm tommorow for free analysis. No african time.
This is why I like this guy... Altruistic in nature. The hallmark of a real business savvy person

2 Likes

Re: Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
Gourdoinc:
the check engine light is ON. could this be an issue? everything else is OK with the car asides what I described
This leaves me speechless. Why do you think your CEL is not concerned with this sole complaint. I'm suspecting the Rev Sensor (P0720). Yes, take it Gazzuzz, at least he can scan.
Re: Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
almost 1pm. Remember I said no african time.

2 Likes

Re: Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
1:33pm you didnt come. Im going back to my origin at home.

2 Likes

Re: Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid by ray48: 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
Pls don't change d Gear now. Scan it first. Similar thing happened to me many years ago & the Auto Gear I met from Ladipo Market changed d Gear Control. After that, "okpari". No problems again.

(1) (Reply)

Price Of 2008 Honda Accord (V6) Radiator In Abuja / Tales On the Grind fixing cars / Please Advise Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.