Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1168637 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
Roses1:
Hi everyone, pls I need a lil help. My sister applied for a us visa with her 5years old daughter, but the agent who help them to fill the form told them that they don't need to fill in the child details, that it will be done at the embassy. So when they got to the interview she leaned that even a day old must have their own appointment letter. Anyways, they wrote tb on her document (daughter's own), my sister went in and got her own visa. Now they have reapplied for the child, without having to pay another fees, same fees was stil valid. But the thing is, i dnt understand what that tb means, plus, Will they let her accompany her baby in for the interview?

Of course she has to accompany the child in. It means the child has to complete a DS160 form and book appointment.

Can you share her transcript here?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
Laaffound:
I have a family visa that expires early next year and I want to know how soon we can apply for renewal. It will actually expire in about 4 months from now and we wish to renew ao soon do we do that . Thank you house for ever correct and timely responses

As soon as within 12 months of the expiration but not later than 10 day to the dropbox validity/expiration date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
TTPEACE:
please one of my kid was turn back(TB) because the barcode on the Ds 160 confirmation is different from the barcode on the appointment. i booked a joint appointment for the two. one of them got interviewed and was given(barcode was ok). but i want to reschedule appointment for the second on. please how can i go about it and to make sure the barcode are the same using the same payment receipt.

Contact support on your profile, they will put the profile on default so you can update the barcode accordingly and reschedule the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ikuoma4rea: 8:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
Am suppose to travel for 23 dec 2017 but I noticed the next appointment date is jan 24 2018 for Abuja centre today but don't know if its common with lagos centre.Really want to know if the appointment can been done in the UK since I will still be in the UK for January.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
ikuoma4rea:
Am suppose to travel for 23 dec 2017 but I noticed the next appointment date is jan 24 2018 for Abuja centre today but don't know if its common with lagos centre.Really want to know if the appointment can been done in the UK since I will still be in the UK for January.

Lagos January 2nd is still available.

No you can't apply from the UK United your work is there or you live there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Laaffound: 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
ladylco:

As soon as within 12 months of the expiration but not later than 10 day to the dropbox validity/expiration date.
please can you explain the not later than 10 day to drop box validity/expiration date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Laaffound: 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
Good will my friend be able to reschedule an appointment because we fail to attach picture when filling the ds 160 form and appointment is Monday 6th of November, 2017 and they just got the information that they will be send back from the embassy if they have and attached their picture while filling the form. please house urgent response and directive required as they dont know what to do as am sending this mail.
thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by obasa19: 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
seyewest:

Too bad but the man is not the one going for the interview why is it hard for you to verify everything before going for the interview.
I find it somehow hard to believe because if you work with a big firm the payment of the conference will be done with Accounting section not HRM.

But some conferences allowed payment on arrival and even collection of badge while the genuine invitation is sent to ones email. Does it mean that V.O don't grant visa to those going for conference without already paying for it? I NEED CLARIFICATION IF IT'S A MUST TO PAY BEFORE GOING FOR INTERVIEW!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dollarpee49: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
obasa19:

But some conferences allowed payment on arrival and even collection of badge while the genuine invitation is sent to ones email. Does it mean that V.O don't grant visa to those going for conference without already paying for it? I NEED CLARIFICATION IF IT'S A MUST TO PAY BEFORE GOING FOR INTERVIEW!

please what is the site for that conference
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by obasa19: 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
Dollarpee49:

please what is the site for that conference

I think that is against the rule of this thread to mention names of conference
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 12:46am On Nov 05, 2017
Laaffound:
please can you explain the not later than 10 day to drop box validity/expiration date

if your visa expires in jan 30th 2018, you have till latest Jan 19th 2019 to submit your passport at dhl for dropbox
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 12:48am On Nov 05, 2017
Laaffound:
Good will my friend be able to reschedule an appointment because we fail to attach picture when filling the ds 160 form and appointment is Monday 6th of November, 2017 and they just got the information that they will be send back from the embassy if they have and attached their picture while filling the form. please house urgent response and directive required as they dont know what to do as am sending this mail.
thank you

You keep asking questions that has been answered here. ask your friend to join or you go back and read up

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Roses1(f): 5:21am On Nov 05, 2017
ladylco:

Of course she has to accompany the child in. It means the child has to complete a DS160 form and book appointment.

Can you share her transcript here?

Oh I dnt have it, the mom has it.
And they have booked appointment for her, but unfortunately they couldn't get any date for Nov and Dec, they booked for Jan. We are just hoping that since the mom has already been granted visa, they should be able to give the daughter too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lankywizar(m): 6:08am On Nov 05, 2017
I intend to apply for a visit visa for myself, wife and two kids age 1 & 3. I am my wife have a very decent job. I was denied a us visa in 2012. I was single then and only travel history was a visit to dubai. Since then i have visited the UK three time (One of the trips was with my wife and son my daughter was not born then, she is 1+ now), dubai two times (One of the trips was with my wife and the other was an office training) and Turkey once alone. We intend to visit houston and stay in a hotel during easter of 2018. What are our chances and what would you advise to improve our chances.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ikuoma4rea: 6:09am On Nov 05, 2017
coldsummer:

Lagos January 2nd is still available.

No you can't apply from the UK United your work is there or you live there

I work here but I have a UK resident permit .I filled for Abuja centre already but is it possible to change to lagos for appointment or do I need to fill the form all over again?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Laaffound: 6:26am On Nov 05, 2017
ladylco:

You keep asking questions that has been answered here. ask your friend to join or you go back and read up
Thank you am really if my question is annoying please can you help me the same question I will really appreciate it my family please just use it as my Sunday gift Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 9:21am On Nov 05, 2017
lankywizar:
I intend to apply for a visit visa for myself, wife and two kids age 1 & 3. I am my wife have a very decent job. I was denied a us visa in 2012. I was single then and only travel history was a visit to dubai. Since then i have visited the UK three time (One of the trips was with my wife and son my daughter was not born then, she is 1+ now), dubai two times (One of the trips was with my wife and the other was an office training) and Turkey once alone. We intend to visit houston and stay in a hotel during easter of 2018. What are our chances and what would you advise to improve our chances.
apply! you will get it. just be truthful at the interview and u will get ur visa

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yesbody: 11:21am On Nov 05, 2017
ikuoma4rea:

May b u should check well for Abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fadafada1978: 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2017
Good morning gurus in the house, me age 31, my wife age 26 and my only girl age 5 and i am the manager of my company for 4 yrs now and my wife is also working. i earn 650k per month and our leave have been approved for xmas period and we will be spending 14 days. and our appointment have been schedule for the end of this moth. I have also traveled to Ghana for my training/seminar, which my wife have also traveled to 3 diff Africa country due to work related. I had my interview with my wife and child last Friday and visa was denied...........here is our transcript:

VO: Good morning
Me and wife : Good morning
VO: can i have your pp
Me: I gave him the 3 pp (but still have my wife old pp with me that have her traveling history)
VO: why are you traveling to the US?
Me and Wife: we are going for family vacation
VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Yes (was flipping tru my pp to check )
Vo: Madam and you
wife : Yes, and mention the 4 African country she have traveled too ( but was flipping tru my wife pp to see if she have really traveled but did not see it.
VO: what do you do?
Wife: I am a bla bla with blaa blaa
VO: u say you work for bla bla and you said you have traveled ( and was still flipping tru my wife pp to confirm)
Wife yes
vo: sir what do you do?
Me: I am the blaaa for blaa bla company
Vo: what is your company into
me: and i xplain
vo: you say u are going to Georgia and you say u dont know any body, frnds or family ?
I and Wife : No, we dont know anyone, i now said that but we will be staying in a hotel which we have made a hotel reservation already.
VO: type for 2 mins and say I am sory you are not qualify to travel at this time. you can try and reapply any time
I and Wife : thank you...........

pls i need to know what is wrong here......though me and wifey have decided to travel to kenya or SA for our vacation this December since we were denied for the 1st time and plan to reapply for by February......

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
Why don't you give her your wife old passport to confirm your wife travel history?

fadafada1978:
Good morning gurus in the house, me age 31, my wife age 26 and my only girl age 5 and i am the manager of my company for 4 yrs now and my wife is also working. i earn 650k per month and our leave have been approved for xmas period and we will be spending 14 days. and our appointment have been scheduled. I have also traveled to Ghana for my training/seminar, which my wife have also traveled to 3 diff Africa country due to work related. I had my interview with my wife and child last Friday and visa was denied...........here is our transcript:

Me: I gave him the 3 pp (but still have my wife old pp with me that have her traveling history)
wife : Yes, and mention the 3 African country she have traveled too ( but was flipping tru my wife pp to see if she have really traveled but did not see it.
VO: u say you work for bla bla and you said you have traveled ( and was still flipping tru my wife pp to confirm)
Wife yes
vo: you say u are going to Georgia and you say u dont know any body, frnds or family ?
I and Wife : No, we dont know anyone, i now said that but we will be staying in a hotel which we have made a hotel reservation already.
VO: type for 2 mins and say I am sory you are not qualify to travel at this time. you can try and reapply any time

pls i need to know what is wrong here......though me and wifey have decided to travel to kenya or SA for our vacation this December since we were denied for the 1st time and plan to reapply for by February......
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
You are rejected either because Your ties are not strong enough or your credibility is damaged.

fadafada1978:
Good morning gurus in the house, me age 31, my wife age 26 and my only girl age 5 and i am the manager of my company for 4 yrs now and my wife is also working. i earn 650k per month and our leave have been approved for xmas period and we will be spending 14 days. and our appointment have been schedule for the end of this moth. I have also traveled to Ghana for my training/seminar, which my wife have also traveled to 3 diff Africa country due to work related. I had my interview with my wife and child last Friday and visa was denied...........here is our transcript:

wife : Yes, and mention the 4 African country she have traveled too ( but was flipping tru my wife pp to see if she have really traveled but did not see it.
Wife yes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2017
ikuoma4rea:

I work here but I have a UK resident permit .I filled for Abuja centre already but is it possible to change to lagos for appointment or do I need to fill the form all over again?

Send a mail to support to help you change. My cousins own was changed from Lagos to abuja some years ago.

Why not contact the uk office and ask if you could do it from there since you have residency
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
obasa19:

You must have a message from the organizer that you can pay on arrival to the V.O and of course they will verified it. I think that was what happened to the lady in question I believe they presented fake payment slip or info.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by steel101: 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2017
Greetings to the house. I must confess that you guys are doing a great job here. This forum really helped with information that placed me on a good pedestal towards getting me and my family's B1B2 visa approved.
The interview took place in Lagos, 3rd October, 2017 to be precise. Sorry for sharing this experience a little bit late. I however feel it will surely boost somebody's morale. Below is my transcript.

Me and my wife: Good morning.
VO: Can I have your passports?
Me: Yes( I gave him our passports)
VO: Why do want to travel to USA?
Me: Basically for tourism
VO: Where are you visiting?
Me: Florida
VO: How long are you staying?
Me: 2 weeks
VO: Where do you work?
Me: I work with bla bla bla
VO: What do you do when you resume duty?
Me: On resumption, I carry out checks on the plant to see if there are any deviations that could result in low production (in the process of explaining my duties I mentioned an acronym used in my field)
VO: What is Bleep? ( the acronym I mentioned)
Me: Bleep means bla bla bla ( he types on his computer)
VO: What do you do? (he asked my wife)
My wife: I am a bla bla bla.
VO: How many children do you have?
My wife: 2 children( the children where there with us)
VO: Do you have any other one?
My wife: No
VO: Where have you travelled to?
My wife: I have travelled to Dubai, Ghana and South Africa.
Me: In addition, I have been to South Korea.
VO: What did you go there for?
Me: That was when my Company was carrying out a project for upgrade.
VO: Is the visa on the new passport?
Me: No, on the old one (he checks the visa and types on his computer)
VO: I will be granting you visas.(he brought a white paper and circled an address). You will receive a message informing you of passport pick up. You will get it at this pick up point.
Me: Thank you.

A point to note is that you should fill your form yourself and try as much as possible not to patronise agents. They can frustrate your life. An agent wanted me to give him 1.5m for visa application for a family of 4 excluding the visa fee which I will still pay for. I said within myself that it will be better for me to apply myself and lose the 256k than to give him the 1.5m. This I did and fortunately for me, we were granted.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2017
fadafada1978:
Good morning gurus in the house, me age 31, my wife age 26 and my only girl age 5 and i am the manager of my company for 4 yrs now and my wife is also working. i earn 650k per month and our leave have been approved for xmas period and we will be spending 14 days. and our appointment have been schedule for the end of this moth. I have also traveled to Ghana for my

What is hard in presenting her old passport or telling the V.O you have her old passport here with you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by babydot4u: 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
Good evening house, am new on this page. Please am newly married. Please am going with my wife , am I paying differently with my wife? Or its just one payment with my wife? Married with certificate.Kindly help a brother in need.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 8:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
If you want to understand better with adequate information.... Go and read part 2 of the thread.

What to do is explained fully
Regards

babydot4u:
Good evening house, am new on this page. Please am newly married. Please am going with my wife , am I paying differently with my wife? Or its just one payment with my wife? Married with certificate.Kindly help a brother in need.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
fadafada1978:

Wife yes

All the while the VO was asking for your wife travel history and flipping her passport, why didnt your show her the old passport that has your wife's travel history? abeg you caused your refusal yourself, you just allow visa money waste just like that in this hard times! am just so pained, from your transcript. it was obvious that you could get the visa becos the vo really wanted to give you but she wanted you to earned as she gave you alot of opportunity for you to but you lost the chance

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hpmrentals: 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=seyewest post=62058878] apart from UK which other several countries? May they've banned you. Georgia, Qatar,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by steel101: 10:36pm On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=fadafada1978 post=62092305]Good morning gurus in the house, me age 31, my wife age 26 and my only girl age 5 and i am the manager of my company for 4 yrs now and my wife is also working. i earn 650k per month and our leave have been approved for xmas period and we will be spending 14 days. and our appointment have been schedule for the end of this moth. I have also traveled to Ghana for my training/seminar, which my wife have also traveled to 3 diff Africa country due to work related. I had my interview with my wife and child last Friday and visa was denied...........here is our transcript:

Wife yes

With what I saw from your transcript, you lost the opportunity of being granted the visa basically because you were unable to prove to the VO that your wife had travelled to other countries. You should have handed over the old passport to the VO in as much as it was there with you. The truth is you only have approximately 5minutes to give the impression that you are qualified for the visa and you have to give out all you've got within this short period.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Prettylarmo026: 10:09am On Nov 06, 2017
Prettylarmo026:
Hello everyone.

I applied with my 2 childrenJanuary this year and we were refused. My husband got his visa last year, he postponed his trip cos i was preggy then.
Vo- gm
Me- gm sir
vo-why are you going to the us
me- for tourism
Vo- have you travelled outside nigeria before now
me-yes united kingdom
vo-did you travel as a family
me- yes, but my lil one hasn't arrived then, we travelled 2015 with my 1st child
vo-oh your husband already has a visa
me-yes
vo-may i see the copy ( i gave it to him, checks his system and said oh it's recent!) Sorry apply next time.

What went wrong? My husband went on that trip alone, spent 12days as planned and came back. I applied again with my sons n our interview is next week, what are our chances? Myself n 2kids ll be Travelling with hubby for just 10days.

Note, my husband was recently promoted at work, so his income increased by over 100k (before on his ds his income was 214k, now 341k). How do i state his new income, i don't want them to think I'm lying cos of d diff with d one on his ds form as at d time he applied, though i have his promotion letter documents. I'm a business woman but i left d income part blank on my ds, hope dts not a problem since my husband is our sponsor and he's going with us. Urgent ans needed. Thanks.

Hi guys. I had my interview this morning at Lagos 7.45am and it was approved. Transcript below;

Vo- good morning

Me- good morning happy new month

vo- thank u. Passport please?

Me-(gave him all 3 passports)

Vo- So why are u going to d US at this time?

Vo- for our family vacation and tourism. We'll like to see places like coca cola world, zoo Atlanta, Goergia Aquarium, fox theatre, fernbank museum, ... (vo cuts in)...

Vo- oh alright! (Looks up and smiles at me)

Me (smiled back).

Vo-what do u do?

Me- I'm a business woman, I'm d owner of bleep

vo- wats ur income?

Me (i left dt space blank, but i mentioned the one i inputted in my 1st application dt was denied) 110,600 naira.

Vo- say again... (looking at his system)110, wat?

Me - i repeated 110,600 naira

Vo- are you married?

Me-(see question o! After indicating in my ds that i am, and im travelling with my husband and 2 kids) oh yes im married

vo-what does your husband do?

Me- he works with bleep as bleep (he didn't ask for his income or if he has a visa)

Vo types for a long time!

Vo- have u travelled as a family before?

Me-yes united kingdom with my husband and 1st child.

(Vo stops typing and looks at my baby, i carried him while d older one stood beside me, aww he's soo cute, i gave him my bestest smile and said thank you)

Vo opened my uk visa page and checks with a mecury device i guess to see if its fake. After that, he packed all 3 pssport in a tray and circled collection location on d white paper and said I'm approving your visa, pick it up in 3 working days!

Me- thank you. (All smiles)

Meanwhile my older child wore his school uniform, while we were waiting on d queue, my son was busy singing his nursery ryhmes, i guess that helped to prove to d vo he's in school.

So guys please reply if u have information about cheap tickets to new york by 1st week in Dec.

Thanks guys!

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.