Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1169460 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
Sorry about the waste of money and effort @larrybarky

1. Did you misrepresent during your first interview?
2. Where did you work? Private or personal firm?
3. Do you have anything at all to show you travelled to the UK?

Well I feel the VOs got ticked off the first time and whatever S/he wrote is still working against you.
Again, I hope the UK trip was real. If yes, then next time you appear for an interview and the issue comes up, tell the VO the passport got lost but you would appreciate if they could give you admin processing to verify your claim from the UK embassy.
Finally. I feel your work antecedents didn't impress the VO. In the interim, travel elsewhere with the family. You can't just be applying to the US
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2018
tswise:

Yes, I applied for the US before leaving for the UK because the date was running fast and I want all my family to travel during the Summer. Interview date as at March 2018 was July.

Thanks.
Thanks a lot for the clarifications. Is your interview is still coming up? I haven't seen your own transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Be careful o. He will soon abuse you by ......

Calling you an agent for advising folks to prepare by themselves and not depend on documents.
Lol

Eheee, unto Una gist if I see fine VO, I go wink eye for am o!

Correct babe grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Be careful o. He will soon abuse you by ......

Calling you an agent for advising folks to prepare by themselves and not depend on documents.
Lol

Eheee, unto Una gist if I see fine VO, I go wink eye for am o!

Correct babe! grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2018
tswise:
@ ladylco

You comments are well appreciated. I will commerce work on the kid's UK visa this weekend as advised.

Thanks

A very good decision

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I concur. The way bankers are running off with B visas? I'm so relieved my friend got hers before the serere got serious

Not only bankers you wud be suprised at the nums of oil workers that are taking off.

Truth is these are the categories of professionals that know/understand better where the economic situations of our dear country is swinging to hence they don't want to be caught with the siege due to the life style they have created for themselves as such they tend to take off now becos they can't cope.

But I tell you something, in no time they will defiantly run back here becos they will not also be able to cope with doing things right as it's done over there as against what applies back home here.

So make we sidon look

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
larrybakky:
Good afternoon, i was refused a US visa for the 4th time and i dont understand why its so. My first application was in October 2008 while i was pregnant( with hubby), the 2nd was December 2010 while pregnant again(alone) and the 3rd was 2012 with my kids but we were denied. Just on Monday 9th of July 2018, i went for another interview alone (hubby got his in 2014 when he applied alone)and was still denied again even with travel history. Below is the conversation between the VO and i
VO: Good morning
ME: Good morning
VO: where re you going to in the US
ME: Tenesse
VO: who is there
ME: my aunty
VO: what are you going to do there
ME: vacation and sight seeing
VO:what do you do
ME: i work at (named organisation)
VO: what do you do there
ME: i answered( but was a bit jittery due to fear of the unknown seeing that the 2 people she had attended to b4 me were refused)
VO: where ve u worked
ME: i told her
VO: where did you work after there
ME: my mum's shop(name)
VO: where's that
ME: on the island
VO: she was going to ask another question and b4 she could land i had come in and she stopped and asked me if i knew what she was going to ask
ME: i said she was going to ask about who i was going to visit and i stopped
VO: how many kids do you have
ME: 2
VO: age
ME: 9 & 7
VO: have you traveled out of the country before, where and when
ME: yes,Northampton UK,2014
VO: where is the passport with the visa
ME: it got lost and i sent a mail to the embassy when it happened
VO: do you ve any other relative in the US
ME: yes, my Uncles and cousins
and that was how conversation ended with a paper that she's sorry she cant give me.

Pls can i do a Mail to ask them why i am been refused the 4th time?

Sorry bout The experience but I’m not sure you’ve read or followed his thread . From your script you aren’t even acting like someone who has gone through the us visa interview round before .
Firstly why were you jittery ? Why intercept VO officer with information you weren’t asked for ? The VO didn’t believe that you had a travel history to the U.K. . She suspects that you had something to hide that’s why you didn’t present the passport with the U.K. entry stamps .

I attended my first visa interview alone when I was 18 and I recall It was during the global economic meltdown (2008) with strict visa policies . I just didn’t care cuz I already had a visa to Germany and U.K. and reluctantly went to the us consulate for the B visa . My parents didn’t even know bout my application but I just went and it was approved . I simply told them I was goin stay in a hostel. They approved the visa (3 month’s validity) . I never even used it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
@abnot
Mbok when normal people are talking, rich kids born with silver spoons and platinum cutlery shouldn't join us! grin grin grin grin grin

You Don go obodo oyibo before so no blame us when we're jittery. U no even use the visa. Hisses. Talk of better privilege. Lol

Runs farrr and away cheesy

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adexcube(m): 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hello guys, Please help me out, I have an issue here.

I was at the DHL office today in Victoria Island to submit my passport for Dropbox but I couldn't submit my passport. I was told it takes 10 to 15 working days for my passport to be returned (I earlier thought it was 5 working days). However, I need to travel to the UK on the 29th of this month. I asked if I could fast-track it but they said I should contact the embassy for this.

My US Visa expired on the 2nd of August 2017 and I will not be eligible for Dropbox by the time I return from the UK as I will be back from the UK late August 2018 . I have paid for the Dropbox and also scheduled appointment for Dropbox on their website hoping to submit my visa today. Is it possible I fast-track my Dropbox to 5-10 working days or if I submit now will I be able to get back my passport before the 29th of July 2018 and return it when I am back from the UK.

And if all this cant work, I will have to go for another interview but what i want to know is that will I be able to use my payment for this dropbox for my interview.

Kindly advice on the best possible solution to this.

Waiting for your advice.

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
larrybakky:
Good afternoon, i was refused a US visa for the 4th time and i dont understand why its so. My first application was in October 2008 while i was pregnant( with hubby), the 2nd was December 2010 while pregnant again(alone) and the 3rd was 2012 with my kids but we were denied. Just on Monday 9th of July 2018, i went for another interview alone (hubby got his in 2014 when he applied alone)and was still denied again even with travel history. Below is the conversation between the VO and i
VO: Good morning
ME: Good morning
VO: where re you going to in the US
ME: Tenesse
VO: who is there
ME: my aunty
VO: what are you going to do there
ME: vacation and sight seeing
VO:what do you do
ME: i work at (named organisation)
VO: what do you do there
ME: i answered( but was a bit jittery due to fear of the unknown seeing that the 2 people she had attended to b4 me were refused)
VO: where ve u worked
ME: i told her
VO: where did you work after there
ME: my mum's shop(name)
VO: where's that
ME: on the island
VO: she was going to ask another question and b4 she could land i had come in and she stopped and asked me if i knew what she was going to ask
ME: i said she was going to ask about who i was going to visit and i stopped
VO: how many kids do you have
ME: 2
VO: age
ME: 9 & 7
VO: have you traveled out of the country before, where and when
ME: yes,Northampton UK,2014
VO: where is the passport with the visa
ME: it got lost and i sent a mail to the embassy when it happened
VO: do you ve any other relative in the US
ME: yes, my Uncles and cousins
and that was how conversation ended with a paper that she's sorry she cant give me.

Pls can i do a Mail to ask them why i am been refused the 4th time?

there's no need to tell them you have somebody there cos they know you won't ever return to Nigeria , this is bad time to apply with this new laws going on . Abeg ease your desperation. Who tell you say your destiny dey USA self ?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
AZUH:
there's no need to tell them you have somebody there cos they know you won't ever return to Nigeria , this is bad time to apply with this new laws going on . Abeg ease your desperation. Who tell you say your destiny dey USA self ?

Are you for real! shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2018
adexcube:
Hello guys, Please help me out, I have an issue here.

I was at the DHL office today in Victoria Island to submit my passport for Dropbox but I couldn't submit my passport. I was told it takes 10 to 15 working days for my passport to be returned (I earlier thought it was 5 working days). However, I need to travel to the UK on the 29th of this month. I asked if I could fast-track it but they said I should contact the embassy for this.

My US Visa expired on the 2nd of August 2017 and I will not be eligible for Dropbox by the time I return from the UK as I will be back from the UK late August 2018 . I have paid for the Dropbox and also scheduled appointment for Dropbox on their website hoping to submit my visa today. Is it possible I fast-track my Dropbox to 5-10 working days or if I submit now will I be able to get back my passport before the 29th of July 2018 and return it when I am back from the UK.

And if all this cant work, I will have to go for another interview but what i want to know is that will I be able to use my payment for this dropbox for my interview.

Kindly advice on the best possible solution to this.

Waiting for your advice.

Thanks.
I can answer this from experience as it happened to my friend
1. I can't say about fast tracking cos the embassy works at their speed and these days, renewals take as long they darn well please
2. If you miss the deadline then you have to go for an interview
3. In that scenario, you have to pay for another interview. Sorry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2018
ladylco:

Not only bankers you wud be suprised at the nums of oil workers that are taking off.
But I tell you something, in no time they will defiantly run back here becos they will not also be able to cope with doing things right as it's done over there as against what applies back home here.

So make we sidon look

Spot on LadyG... What people don't get is that this country will get better all we need to do is hold tight for a little while... I have complete faith in this country.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
seyewest:

Spot on LadyG... What people don't get is that this country will get better all we need to do is hold tight for a little while... I have complete faith in this country.
I gbadu Una faith o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
ladylco:

Are you for real! shocked
You have energy and mb o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:23pm On Jul 13, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I gbadu Una faith o!

Me too join you for the gbadun. With the one wey awa Presido be like who value to win Ekiti Guber Election pass even him next year Presidential Election so? Na true say US, UK, France, etc ambassadors don show up for election monitoring? Na Facebook I only dey see am this night so, but I never deliberately check am out and confirm sha....

Truth be say the world no fit afford Nigeria wey kasala for burst proper, the wahala go must to dey their body too, dem gat help make matters dey within the reasonable. Drama too much from all parties involved, and 2019 own proper never even start oh!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NanaF: 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2018
Interesting travel history but still denied

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
NanaF:
Hian !!!
I have said it o. No rhyme or rhythm...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by iyaaliyah: 5:01am On Jul 14, 2018
I am just here laughing at your comment bro AZUH. why will she not tell them when vo asked. I now believe say you a troll. there must always be a clown in a palace so enjoy!. lolll
AZUH:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 6:36am On Jul 14, 2018
NanaF:
Lol. I'm just laughing because he called a US visa ordinary. I wonder how someone can place the US visa on the same class as turkey visa. Or maybe I am not understanding. Maybe the 4 countries he listed are all together the equivalent of the US. Maybe.

All I know for sure is that the US vsa refusal hurts like hell. Makes people say strange things. The most common comment being that It is not by force to go to America. Wetin concern force inside the matter is what I don't understand.

I wish they would just offer people ice cream after refusal to make them feel better.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:35am On Jul 14, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Lol. I'm just laughing because he called a US visa ordinary. I wonder how someone can place the US visa on the same class as turkey visa. Or maybe I am not understanding. Maybe the 4 countries he listed are all together the equivalent of the US. Maybe.

All I know for sure is that the US vsa refusal hurts like hell. Makes people say strange things. The most common comment being that It is not by force to go to America. Wetin concern force inside the matter is what I don't understand.

I wish they would just offer people ice cream after refusal to make them feel better.
Well, your do know perspectives differ. When I was denied, I was really upset cos all I wanted was to follow my mom to a UN conference. After I got it and traveled, it really became just a visa just like the other visas I had.
Look @abnot. Even though I teased him, he had a valid point. He'd been to a lovely country like Germany and seen things that people his age hadn't. To him, the US was just another fine country but with a different language.
It depends on the premium you place on a thing. That's what gives it value. Imagine if everyone stopped going to the US and suddenly decided Estonia is the real cool? Nwanne folks would start referring to US visa as ordinary o!
But the ice cream idea no bad o! How Accra today?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Activedreamer: 8:24am On Jul 14, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Well, your do know perspectives differ. When I was denied, I was really upset cos all I wanted was to follow my mom to a UN conference. After I got it and traveled, it really became just a visa just like the otherspp I had.
Look @abnot. Even though I teased him, he had a valid point. He'd been to a lovely country like Germany and seen things that people his age hadn't. To him, the US was just another fine country but with a different language.
It depends on the premium you place on a thing. That's what gives it value. Imagine if everyone stopped going to the US and suddenly decided Estonia is the real cool? Nwanne folks would start referring to US visa as ordinary o!
But the ice cream idea no bad o! How Accra today?
I love your mind, and I like you.
Blessings!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:28am On Jul 14, 2018
Activedreamer:

I love your mind, and I like you.
Blessings!
I like ice cream. please send me cold stone to chill the mind. Lol.
Thanks bruh/sis. I feel preciated well o.. kiss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:49am On Jul 14, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Me too join you for the gbadun. With the one wey awa Presido be like who value to win Ekiti Guber Election pass even him next year Presidential Election so? Na true say US, UK, France, etc ambassadors don show up for election monitoring? Na Facebook I only dey see am this night so, but I never deliberately check am out and confirm sha....

Truth be say the world no fit afford Nigeria wey kasala for burst proper, the wahala go must to dey their body too, dem gat help make matters dey within the reasonable. Drama too much from all parties involved, and 2019 own proper never even start oh!

Bro after 2019 things will fall in place.... Just hold tight... Nothing go do our country.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:55am On Jul 14, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I like ice cream. please send me cold stone to chill the mind. Lol.
Thanks bruh/sis. I feel preciated well o.. kiss

''Like'' wey comot BabaR from nairaland. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

When people can't get what they want, they usually act like they never wanted it in the first place.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
seyewest:

''Like'' wey comot BabaR from nairaland. grin
Who be babaR Biko?!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Who be babaR Biko?!

BabaRamota
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2018
Seems like the "mop" gang has succeeded in chasing my tiger into the woods undecided undecided

I won't take this ooo shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lollipop29: 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2018
My wife would be going to the US soon for delivery. Pls what are the Nigerian foods that she can go with that won’t pose a problem at the point of entry and also, what is the best packaging method we should use for these food items ?

Thanks in advance for your response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2018
AfonjaBoston:
Seems like the "mop" gang has succeeded in chasing my tiger into the woods undecided undecided

I won't take this ooo shocked
I guess he was very properly cleaned.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2018
seyewest:

BabaRamota
No need to look too far for him. He is very much around. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.