Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170113 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kino47: 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
Sparkle1515:
Bikoo,go and sleep..You had an opinion on someones post,and I had an opinion yours..so what's the fuse..keep ridiculing people in the name of having opinion..mtcheww
take it easy I get provoked by some of there responses but what I seek for at the end of the day is a valid answer kindly ignore approach and seek result

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2018
[quote author=kino47 post=70008634
But not my immediate relative ?[/quote]
Correct
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2018
Sparkle1515:
Bikoo,go and sleep..You had an opinion on someones post,and I had an opinion yours..so what's the fuse..keep ridiculing people in the name of having opinion..mtcheww
Kudos. Seen

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by caccf: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
Can I edit my DS 160 after booking appointment date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Kudos. Seen

Kudos Sis.... cool
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by omotolayo: 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Please i would like to ask concerning the us visa reapplication after denial which i hears is 6mths. is it specifically for b1/b2 visa. for instance if one has been denied b1 visa can the person reapply for f1 visa in less than 6mths.
Please gurus in the house help answer this.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Reine22: 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Kudos. Seen

Lmaoooo. When they go low...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Kudos. Seen

No time for rough play.... grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 12:44am On Aug 06, 2018
please i need advise , i know sometimes they dont check account statements .I have company under name registered with CAC and i have 30million naira inside the company account and i am the only signatory BUT do not have more than 50 thausands naira in my personal saving account

can i apply using company account without my saving account .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 6:43am On Aug 06, 2018
Johnokafor10001:
please i need advise , i know sometimes they dont check account statements .I have company under name registered with CAC and i have 30million naira inside the company account and i am the only signatory BUT do not have more than 50 thausands naira in my personal saving account

can i apply using company account without my saving account.

If the account is valid and you are the CEO of the company, why not?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Shaftcraft: 7:51am On Aug 06, 2018
omotolayo:
Please i would like to ask concerning the us visa reapplication after denial which i hears is 6mths. is it specifically for b1/b2 visa. for instance if one has been denied b1 visa can the person reapply for f1 visa in less than 6mths.
Please gurus in the house help answer this.
Thanks in anticipation.

I think you can re -apply for any kind of visa after 90days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BreeKoko(f): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Kudos. Seen

Epic reply grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
ayenikunle:

If the account is valid and you are the CEO of the company, why not?
yes i am but i have never travelled out of the country before .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
Johnokafor10001:
yes i am but i have never travelled out of the country before .

Give it your best shot, you should be fine...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
ayenikunle:

Give it your best shot, you should be fine...
thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by constance234: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

What's the difference between "full and half baked" immigration attorneys?

. . . "know nothing" is a Pretty strong term. How do you know "nothing" and still pass a certification exam"
They probably misunderstood the attorney ( not holding brief) Unless . . .

The problem is not with the attorneys but with the entire epileptic immigration system . "most similar" cases are not treated the same and unless you know how to sap the system the judiciary is just as screwed up as immigration

Do you live in the states? have you dealt with an Attorney that misrepresented his or her area of specilaization?

Half baked because they are not grounded in immigration law, if he was he would not have advised the poster to apply for a visit visa for paid work

Nothing in this instance refer to immigration matters, after the bar exam many attorneys change or claim another area of specialization based on market demands or prevailing clients available. Example, right now in the USA because of the Trump factor most attorneys all claim to be immigration attorneys. Immigration law is very ambiguous and needs detailed understanding just like any other area of law.

You speak poorly of everything, purge yourself of this mindset.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
constance234:
Example, right now in the USA because of the Trump factor most attorneys all claim to be immigration attorneys. Immigration law is very ambiguous and needs detailed understanding just like any other area of law.

Well said.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Babyvet: 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
constance234:

Do you live in the states? have you dealt with an Attorney that misrepresented his or her area of specilaization?

Half baked because they are not grounded in immigration law, if he was he would not have advised the poster to apply for a visit visa for paid work

Nothing in this instance refer to immigration matters, after the bar exam many attorneys change or claim another area of specialization based on market demands or prevailing clients available. Example, right now in the USA because of the Trump factor most attorneys all claim to be immigration attorneys. Immigration law is very ambiguous and needs detailed understanding just like any other area of law.

Lol yes , everybody and their mama don turn to immigration lawyer. Unless one has a complicated case like deportation , one should try to file by yourself. All you need is basic reading and writing skills . Most of the information you need is on the USCIS website . I have seen too many people getting bleeped by attorneys and paying thousands of dollars for it.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by yominent: 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

Let ignoramuses who cannot read and understand because of the depth of fraud in their hearts continue to let their leprous fingers think for their heads

grin

This should really tell you am a busy person and dont stick to nairaland # u cant curse my family because am already blessed. The fact that i wanna go to the state with my Fam doesn't mean im poor here# you cant just pickd up your phone and start typing rubbish when someone seek for advise from people #oga work on ur self o#u lack manners or are u frustrated?�

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Trone: 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
We still dey dash US embassy money. cry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 12:40am On Aug 07, 2018
niyirov:
I was at the US embassy today,with my two children and our b1/b2 visas were approved.

I felt should give back to this forum because your reviews here has been helpful and it assissted me in my Preparations.

Thanks to everyone.

Here is my transcript:

Me:Good morning sir
Vo:Good morning(he replied to my kids greetings and swiftly asked them for their names and they replied him.

Vo: where are going to ?
Me:California
Vo:why are you visiting California?
Me:My husband was at a conference in Anahim California in 2015 and after his conference,he visited the Disney land resorts.he can back home with lots of toys,magzines,videos of place and we so loved it.

So this year we chose that place as our destination for the family summer vacation.

Vo:ok.how long do you intend to stay ?

Me:two weeks.

Vo:do you have any one in the US ?

Me:No

Vo:have you or your husband applied to Canada immigration at any time ?

Me:Not at all

Vo:tell me what you do.

Me: am the MD of my biz we deal in ×××××××

Vo:ok.have you travelled out of Nigeria before ?

Me:i was in dubai 3 years ago with my husband.

Vo:Is your husband the sole owner of his company? ..................here.......

Me:yes

Vo:What's your family vacation budget ?[left][/left][right][/right][img][/img]

Me:5k dollars ......here ......

Vo:ok
Your visas are approved.
He gave me a white paper to pick up in 2 working days.
they know class ,they know who worth their visa , all the agent here will come out and tell frustrated people to bring 300k for visa ........ im looking ..... they cant decieve us .

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 12:43am On Aug 07, 2018
RegArmani:
Continued...
VO: What's ur occupation?
Me: I'm a teacher in my one National Youth service.
Vo: Which subject do u teach?
Me: Physic n Maths
Vo: are u married?
Me: No, but engaged.
Vo: When did u saw ur sis last
Me: Over 10yrs
Vo: Who's sponsoring u?
Me: my uncle
Vo: What's ur uncle's occupation?
Me: works with Haulage transport company...
VO: Sorry u are not qualified to bla bla bla..

watin you wan go do for the weeding ? hisssss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Modele35: 7:28am On Aug 07, 2018
Ps what does this msg mean abeg. Submitted for dropbox renewal since july 27 no.update

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:57am On Aug 07, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Good one there! For those that are doing dropbox and know how to check application status using the CEAC tool, you really don't have to start worrying at all after submission till you see ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING on your status, and the longer it stays the more discomforting and worrying it becomes.... Lolz! It mostly lasts between 2 and 3 days.

@Modele35; see the above....

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Modele35: 8:11am On Aug 07, 2018
Thank you.but i need passport for ielts this wkend...i have called but na auto response.suggestions anyone?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 07, 2018
Hello everyone,
I need an advice on an F1 visa issue and will really appreciate if I can get a way forward out of this. I know this house is full of gurus and highly blessed. Kindly help a sister in a jam.
My story goes thus:
Sometimes in 2016, my pregnant sister and her husband with their son applied for a US tourist visa and were granted. During the interview, the consular asked whether my sister will visit the doctor and she replied negative. My sister spent 5 months in the US and returned with the child. Their visa expired and the husband is the busy type and has no time for the renewal. Fast forward to this year, the husband was granted admission for a graduate study in the USA and was even offered a little scholarship by the school. The husband applied for F1 visa and was refused. During the interview, the consular stated that the husband travelled with his wife without their child to the USA two years ago and gave birth there after having misinformed the then consular that they will not visit the doctor. She asked where the wife is and the husband answered that she is at home with her business. She also asked how much was paid and the husband answered. The consular also asked for the receipt but the husband answered that when the wife is coming to renew her visa,she will bring it along. My sister's husband doesn't want to miss this scholarship so he wants to apply again before the school resumes this month. What can he do to be granted the visa? Should he apply with his family again for F1 and F2 visa? Any suggestions from the gurus and VO's in the house?will really cherish one right now. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:01am On Aug 07, 2018
segunjames82:
Hello everyone,
I need an advice on an F1 visa issue and will really appreciate if I can get a way forward out of this. I know this house is full of gurus and highly blessed. Kindly help a sister in a jam.
My story goes thus:
Sometimes in 2016, my pregnant sister and her husband with their son applied for a US tourist visa and were granted. During the interview, the consular asked whether my sister will visit the doctor and she replied negative. My sister spent 5 months in the US and returned with the child. Their visa expired and the husband is the busy type and has no time for the renewal. Fast forward to this year, the husband was granted admission for a graduate study in the USA and was even offered a little scholarship by the school. The husband applied for F1 visa and was refused. During the interview, the consular stated that the husband travelled with his wife without their child to the USA two years ago and gave birth there after having misinformed the then consular that they will not visit the doctor. She asked where the wife is and the husband answered that she is at home with her business. She also asked how much was paid and the husband answered. The consular also asked for the receipt but the husband answered that when the wife is coming to renew her visa,she will bring it along. My sister's husband doesn't want to miss this scholarship so he wants to apply again before the school resumes this month. What can he do to be granted the visa? Should he apply with his family again for F1 and F2 visa? Any suggestions from the gurus and VO's in the house?will really cherish one right now. Thanks.

They abused the first visa and you expect the U.S Embassy to renew their visa. I don't think they will renew the visa unless the wife come clean and present the receipt at the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Shinner2010(m): 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2018
I'm trying to book my appointment date at Lagos. but the available dates is 3rd December, how can I get a close date. December is too far to my plans
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by qhunlay: 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
I was at the US Embassy today and my visa was approved.

I want to give back to this forum that being very honest and not coming across as being desperate is key

I got a B1/B2 visa in 2016 which I never used till it expired, so I applied for a dropbox renewal and I was asked to appear for an interview.

Here is my transcript:

Me: Good morning ma'am

VO: Good morning. Pass me your passport please. (checked through the system and told me to go and do my fingerprints). I thought it wasn't necessary initially as I had done one before at my first application. Anyways, I went back for the fingerprints and returned to her.

VO: Where are you going to?

Me: Washington DC

VO: Why are you going to Washington DC?

Me: I'm going to attend the conference organised by the professional body which I belong to.

VO: Why did you not use the initial visa issued to you?

Me: A family issue came up few weeks to the event which made me to cancel the trip as I need to be with my family.

VO: So you worked for ZZZ Company...what's your job role?

Me: I'm the YYY for the company

VO: How long have you been working with the company?

Me: Four years

VO: How many branches does your company have now?

Me: I told her the number and when the last one was opened and where.

VO: How many days will the conference be?

Me: Five days. I mentioned the dates (Actually, it happened to be four days but I never envisaged that question being asked)

VO: Where will you be staying in Washington DC?

Me: I mentioned the hotel.

VO: Where is the conference taking place.

Me: I mentioned the place

VO: Do you have kids?

Me: Yes, I've got two...a boy and a girl

VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?

Me: I've been to South Africa

VO: When did you travel to South Africa

Me: 2015

VO: You met all the requirements for the visa and I'm going to approve your visa

Me: Thank you!

VO: I hope you're going to make use of the visa this time around.

Me: Yes I will

She gave me a white paper to pick up in 2 working days.

There were lots of people at the embassy today, I was shocked at the number of people I saw there and many people got denied for obvious reasons. Many are so desperate that you could see it written all over them. I was like why are these people behaving like this?

I thank God Almighty for the success of my visa interview and I want to wish every potential visa applicants the best of luck!

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
qhunlay:

I want to give back to this forum that being very honest and not coming across as being desperate is key

There were lots of people at the embassy today, I was shocked at the number of people I saw there and many people got denied for obvious reasons. Many are so desperate that you could see it written all over them. I was like why are these people behaving like this?

I thank God Almighty for the success of my visa interview and I want to wish every potential visa applicants the best of luck!

Nice one...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bolamike: 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2018
qhunlay:

I got a B1/B2 visa in 2016 which I never used till it expired, so I applied for a dropbox renewal and I was asked to appear for an interview.

Here is my transcript:

Me: Good morning ma'am

VO: Good morning. Pass me your passport please. (checked through the system and told me to go and do my fingerprints). I thought it wasn't necessary initially as I had done one before at my first application. Anyways, I went back for the fingerprints and returned to her.

VO: Where are you going to?

Me: Washington DC

VO: Why are you going to Washington DC?

Me: I'm going to attend the conference organised by the professional body which I belong to.

VO: Why did you not use the initial visa issued to you?

Me: A family issue came up few weeks to the event which made me to cancel the trip as I need to be with my family.

VO: So you worked for ZZZ Company...what's your job role?

Me: I'm the YYY for the company

VO: How long have you been working with the company?

Me: Four years

VO: How many branches does your company have now?

Me: I told her the number and when the last one was opened and where.

VO: How many days will the conference be?

Me: Five days. I mentioned the dates (Actually, it happened to be four days but I never envisaged that question being asked)

VO: Where will you be staying in Washington DC?

Me: I mentioned the hotel.

VO: Where is the conference taking place.

Me: I mentioned the place

VO: Do you have kids?

Me: Yes, I've got two...a boy and a girl

VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?

Me: I've been to South Africa

VO: When did you travel to South Africa

Me: 2015

VO: You met all the requirements for the visa and I'm going to approve your visa

Me: Thank you!

VO: I hope you're going to make use of the visa this time around.

Me: Yes I will

She gave me a white paper to pick up in 2 working days.

If I may ask, where was the interview held? Lagos or Abuja?

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.