Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170123 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by steph0627: 4:34am On Oct 19, 2018
Hi to everyone...please I want you to enlighten me on this,is it possible for another person to use my already paid visa fee?the visa fee was paid last month but very soon I'm going to be busy so i think I should give to my friend to use.please I need urgent reply.thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by IyawoToBe(f): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2018
seyewest:

You don't know?

(Getting US Visa with the intention to migrate to Canada)
Oh, I see!!! That is a thing now? cheesy cheesy grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by IyawoToBe(f): 6:33am On Oct 19, 2018
steph0627:
Hi to everyone...please I want you to enlighten me on this,is it possible for another person to use my already paid visa fee?the visa fee was paid last month but very soon I'm going to be busy so i think I should give to my friend to use.please I need urgent reply.thank you
Capital NO. It's not transferable. It's valid for a year though, so you can keep and schedule an appointment next year before it expires.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lighthousearc: 9:49am On Oct 19, 2018
lighthousearc:
yungbilli:
Hi everyone. My visa was issued but i wasn't notified by DHL collection center in VI....I was there few days go and was told my passport has been returned back to he embassy. I tracked my passport and it reads "Your passport has been returned to post"...I have sent lot of messages to LagosNiv@state.gov and called the embassy. No response yet. Please anyone experienced this issue and is there a possibility my visa will be revoked?

Not everyone has an experience with the US Visa just following protocols.

In regards to this yungbilli's complain....my parent are also facing the same issue. They are senior citizen who have little knowledge of traveling since Sept of their passport been issues. DHL didn't notify them. Now their passport has been returned back to the US embassy....They called, emailed and went to the US embassy in Lagos several times they keep telling them send an email and wait for a notification for over 2 weeks now. no response.

Finally my folks got an email from LagosNIV and got their passport with Visas. Any one having this issues should keep sending emails to LagosNIV@state.gov and also keep calling the embassy customer service to follow up your email. Don’t goto the embassy because no one will listen to you and you won’t be allowed to enter. thanks once again.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 10:07am On Oct 19, 2018
Please has anyone renewed as a family via drop box recently and was called for follow up interview
Also for change of name after marriage do one need to attach document during drop box

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mudi1012: 10:53am On Oct 19, 2018
Hello house , please can anyone help me with the link previous transcript ...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:56am On Oct 19, 2018
My people perish for lack of knowledge

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Folks have decided not to research and depend on asking questions from faceless folks that they do not know the source of their knowledge.

Even some of the "advice" lack logic and common sense. For anyone that has refused to read the US embassy website or the thread the VOs set up or do general research keep on taking the advice that changing your email is misrepresentation.....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peejay03: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2018
@Obernix, thanks for your response the other day. My interview with my mum ended up as a bitter sweet grin. My mum was issued a visa but I got rejected.
Me: Good morning
Vo: Good morning
(Handed over our passports to the vo and he checks his system)
Vo: You are traveling together but applied separately, so you will be interviewed separately.
Me: Alright (smiling)
Vo: Where are you traveling to?
Me: I am traveling to ******** to visit my aunt and her family during my annual leave at work and break from school, use the opportunity to visit my elder sister & her family and return to work in Nigeria and also complete my masters degree.
Vo: What do you do?
Me: I work as *********** at ***********. My duties entail *******************.
Vo: How long do you intend traveling?
Me:3 weeks
Vo: How long have you been working?
Me: 5 years
Vo: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Yes. Travelled to ********** on vacation and returned to work and school in Nigeria.

Vo faces my mum
Vo: You are retired. What were you doing before you retired??
Mum: I was a **********. I got promoted in ***** year as a ********, retired at the highest level as a**********. And I presently work for ******** on a program designed for retirees.
Vo: How many children do you have.
Mum: 2
(Vo types for long with myself and mum smiling and giggling. Vo hands over the white form to mum and told her to pick her passport at the circled address after receiving a mail.)
Me: Thank you Lord (Smiling)

Vo: Turns to me and handed over my passport with a blue paper. *Sorry, you are not eligible at this point)
Me: *did a sad face to the Vo and smiled* Collected my passport and walked out with joy for my mum.
Now she can visit my sis after a very long time�

My aunt who invited us said we should appeal because I have no intention staying back aside visiting and returning back to work and school.
What do you think of the appeal Can I still be issued a visa at this point and what’s the procedure??

peejay03:
My interview with my mum is next week Friday and i’m not eager to attend because of the high increase in rejection. My mum and I have been invited by my Aunt and only sis whom we’ve not seen in years for visiting. I have strong ties here in Nigeria with a good job, my personal business and my masters which is still in view. My mum is retired but has a temporary job with the judiciary for retirees. I don’t mind if i’m given a blue paper but I really want my mum to be issued a visa just to see my sister. I have travelled to some African countries but my mum hasn’t travelled before. Do you think we have a chance to be issued a visa, especially my mum

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amoj4682: 11:32am On Oct 19, 2018
peejay03:
@Obernix, thanks for your response the other day. My interview with my mum ended up as a bitter sweet grin. My mum was issued a visa but I got rejected.
Vo: You are traveling together but applied separately, so you will be interviewed separately.
Me: I am traveling to ******** to visit my aunt and her family during my annual leave at work and break from school, use the opportunity to visit my elder sister & her family and return to work in Nigeria and also complete my masters degree.
Me: Yes. Travelled to ********** on vacation and returned to work and school in Nigeria.

Vo faces my mum
Mum: I was a **********. I got promoted in ***** year as a ********, retired at the highest level as a**********. And I presently work for ******** on a program designed for retirees.
(Vo types for long with myself and mum smiling and giggling. Vo hands over the white form to mum and told her to pick her passport at the circled address after receiving a mail.)

Vo: Turns to me and handed over my passport with a blue paper. *Sorry, you are not eligible at this point)
Me: *did a sad face to the Vo and smiled* Collected my passport and walked out with joy for my mum.

My aunt who invited us said we should appeal because I have no intention staying back aside visiting and returning back to work and school.
What do you think of the appeal Can I still be issued a visa at this point and what’s the procedure??

Sorry about the refusal. Yoi cannot appeal a US visa refusal. You can only re apply. Re applying immediately might show desperation. Why don't you wait a bit. Anyways i am not a VO just saying my own. You can take the risk and reapply but have it in mind that its a 50/50 chance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lafad11(m): 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2018
Hi guys, you all are going a great job here in guiding applicants through the right path in obtaining the a US visa. I have a US visa which is due to expire in Jan 2019. I am yet to use this Visa because have been busy with studies in the UK. My question, if I don't use this visa, will there be any problem when I want to renew it?
N.B. I have visited America 3 times in the last 4 yrs.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
My people perish for lack of knowledge

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Folks have decided not to research and depend on asking questions from faceless folks that they do not know the source of their knowledge.

Even some of the "advice" lack logic and common sense. For anyone that has refused to read the US embassy website or the thread the VOs set up or do general research keep on taking the advice that changing your email is misrepresentation.....

Am sure people ask questions so they can learn from
People experiences execpt you saying you are
not been truthful wen u comment then I see nothing wrong with people seeking knowledge here
There would be any need for this
Besides some questions are not clearly answered in a personalized way on the site
So please don’t discourage people
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Princelyod(m): 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2018
My people pls help me.I want to go make a visa fee application payment for b1/b2 but my concerns are with the available dates.Can anyone confirm for me.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chips101: 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2018
Princelyod:
My people pls help me.I want to go make a visa fee application payment for b1/b2 but my concerns are with the available dates.Can anyone confirm for me.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-waittimeinfo.asp
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
ninab:

Am sure people ask questions so they can learn from
People experiences execpt you saying you are
not been truthful wen u comment then I see nothing wrong with people seeking knowledge here
There would be any need for this
Besides some questions are not clearly answered in a personalized way on the site
So please don’t discourage people
Thank you

My dear. Don't be quick to jump on. Read my posts . I mean post in plural. I don't have any issue with asking questions. That's why I and Several others have been here for over.... Several years.

I have been saying it and I'm still saying it. Some questions need research and " what is your opinion? " and "what are my chances? " solve nothing.

There's a reason why the "silent readers" have a higher percentage of success. They read. Take notes. Weigh all their options and throw out chaff.

There are questions that are a bit different and special... And also There are some answers that evolve . Like the fellow that asked about visa reissuance without using it. Before, it wasn't an issue. Now it is. But guess what? A quick scan of like 10-20 pages would have answered the question and give the seeker more depth cos he would be seeing live transcripts and not answers from guessers and folks that have no visas. Then there are the common questions that are literally on every page.

Yes. I applaud everyone that has time to answer questions. But I ask u: Have you ever been lost and misled by "kind Samaritans " who directed you? Meanwhile you could have used Google Map.

So if you didn't get it. I'll break it down for you. I stand by my opinion, folks should always seek the best source of info.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Princelyod(m): 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2018
Chips101:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-waittimeinfo.asp
We re slated to go for the graduation ceremony of my elder brother on 14th of December this year.Unfortunately the only available date for visa interview is 14 and 23 of January,2019 for Abuja and Lagos respectively.

Please housemates,what can I do at this point.I spoke to my colleague to talk to her agent,that one is asking me to bring #70k for one person, to make a date within the stipulated time available.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Taal17: 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2018
lafad11:
Hi guys, you all are going a great job here in guiding applicants through the right path in obtaining the a US visa. I have a US visa which is due to expire in Jan 2019. I am yet to use this Visa because have been busy with studies in the UK. My question, if I don't use this visa, will there be any problem when I want to renew it?
N.B. I have visited America 3 times in the last 4 yrs.

Thanks

No issues. It's not a crime not to use it. Travel trips are optional
You can even renew by Dropbox since you are eligible. They may or may not call you for an interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peejay03: 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2018
I don't intend reapplying now. Would wait and hopefully i will get a visa when i reapply again. Thank you. smiley
Amoj4682:

Sorry about the refusal. Yoi cannot appeal a US visa refusal. You can only re apply. Re applying immediately might show desperation. Why don't you wait a bit. Anyways i am not a VO just saying my own. You can take the risk and reapply but have it in mind that its a 50/50 chance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2018
peejay03:
I don't intend reapplying now. Would wait and hopefully i will get a visa when i reapply again. Thank you. smiley
Sounds silly. But I advise u to use it. I know folks that got called in for that reason...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Somebodydaddy01: 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2018
Good evening lady Guinevere....a friend of mine wanna come visiting me here in Nigeria ...so as a sister I wanna know what she can do about getting a Nigerian Visa ...please it’s urgent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by leopower(m): 5:03pm On Oct 19, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Sounds silly. But I advise u to use it. I know folks that got called in for that reason...

Madam and other that's has d idea, pls how do i swap a ds160 for a new completed ds160?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by babs1984: 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2018
Please house I really need your advise for my second attempt on f1 visa.......
I was denied before and I felt may be because of the sponsor I choose,I used my employer as sponsor and during the interview that was the area the consular was more focused on and length of service with them(which I started 3yrs).
Please house am going for my second attempt and am thinking of changing my sponsor,but am afraid if I change my sponsor to my father will it affect the foundation I laid down during my first attempt.
Please kindly advise if I should maintain my sponsor and continue as my documents where,or. Change my sponsor.........thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obernix: 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2018
First of all, what was the reason for the visa denial? There should be a reason for that judging by the blue paper... And you wont just say you coming back - when you didn't show evidence, You need to have shown something in this regard.

One of these my girlfriends who just left told me her ordeal, when they denied her visa and she asked the V.O what and why, they told her she didnt show a proof of ties to the home country, when she went with her projects , Like certificates to show she has an awarded contract etc, the second time, she was granted the visa.

Yes you can appeal at this point. God speed.

peejay03:

Vo faces my mum

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2018
Obernix:
First of all, what was the reason for the visa denial? There should be a reason for that judging by the blue paper... And you wont just say you coming back - when you didn't show evidence, You need to have shown something in this regard.

One of these my girlfriends who just left told me her ordeal, when they denied her visa and she asked the V.O what and why, they told her she didnt show a proof of ties to the home country, when she went with her projects , Like certificates to show she has an awarded contract etc, the second time, she was granted the visa.

Yes you can appeal at this point. God speed.

Like someone said earlier. You can NOT appeal a US visa application. You can only reapply. And pay a new fee.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by GAYENI72(m): 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2018
Please House I have a question :
A friend intends to apply for visit visa but he is scared that he might get rejected,due to the fact that there have been a lot of rumour that they reject people of younger age for visiting visa ( Passport age is 26yrs )
So please I want to ask...If all question is been answered well during the course of the interview,do VO still look for excuse to deny applicant at all cost. Or do they issue it in most cases
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obernix: 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2018
MamaOO:

Like someone said earlier. You can NOT appeal a US visa application. You can only reapply. And pay a new fee.

Then if she feels its worth it, Let her do so... I dont believe she would fail now ... She or He anyway
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

My dear. Don't be quick to jump on. Read my posts . I mean post in plural. I don't have any issue with asking questions. That's why I and Several others have been here for over.... Several years.

I have been saying it and I'm still saying it. Some questions need research and " what is your opinion? " and "what are my chances? " solve nothing.

There's a reason why the "silent readers" have a higher percentage of success. They read. Take notes. Weigh all their options and throw out chaff.

There are questions that are a bit different and special... And also There are some answers that evolve . Like the fellow that asked about visa reissuance without using it. Before, it wasn't an issue. Now it is. But guess what? A quick scan of like 10-20 pages would have answered the question and give the seeker more depth cos he would be seeing live transcripts and not answers from guessers and folks that have no visas. Then there are the common questions that are literally on every page.

Yes. I applaud everyone that has time to answer questions. But I ask u: Have you ever been lost and misled by "kind Samaritans " who directed you? Meanwhile you could have used Google Map.

So if you didn't get it. I'll break it down for you. I stand by my opinion, folks should always seek the best source of info.

LadyG of life

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 3:42am On Oct 20, 2018
Ur opinion
It is what it is
LadyGuinivere:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fedora04: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2018
Dear Team
I gave secured an appointment and also completed the DS160 form. however the passport picture failed to upload and I submitted.

Interview is on Tuesday 23rd and I am hearing you have to upload port by fillings new form. What do I do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fedora04: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2018
Dear Team
I gave secured an appointment and also completed the DS160 form. however the passport picture failed to upload and I submitted.

Interview is on Tuesday 23rd and I am hearing you have to upload pasport by fillings new form. What do I do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2018
fedora04:
Dear Team

Interview is on Tuesday 23rd and I am hearing you have to upload port by fillings new form. What do I do?

What you heard is correct, but I doubt if you still have enough time for this to be effected. You most likely will not be able to get interviewed on Tuesday. But then, try and fill another form now with PASSPORT COMPULSORILY UPLOADED, and change the DS160 number on your profile. Do that now, no more time.

In short, just quickly generate a new number and update your profile first now even without submitting yet.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:28pm On Oct 20, 2018
ninab:

Ur opinion
It is what it is
As always....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2018
My mum is 73, been to the US twice to visit her daughter and grandchildren and UK once, is there anything she has to go with other than invitation letter, passport? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.