Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170284 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
Chips101:

A visa grants ENTRY into the country, it does not determine length of stay. If she is in the country legally and has applied for an extension due to circumstances she does not need to apply to renew her visa. Her passport must be valid though.

Ah. Not true o. Most times you're stamped in for 6 months. Only few cases get less.
Not familiar with extension of stay. I'm sure someone will answer that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
Good day everyone, please if one applied for visa to give birth, used it appropriately and came back. Then after expiry drop box application was done and granted. Does this mean the renewed visa still covers delivery. Because while filling the form, it asked if you're renewing the same type of visa.
I'm just curious, I'm not pregnant just want to know if I'll need to apply for another visa if I want to use my visa for another delivery.

@Ladyguinivere, @seyewest, @omobendel24, everyone. Kindly help if you know.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Taal17: 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2018
mumzt:
Good day everyone, please if one applied for visa to give birth, used it appropriately and came back. Then after expiry drop box application was done and granted. Does this mean the renewed visa still covers delivery. Because while filling the form, it asked if you're renewing the same type of visa.
I'm just curious, I'm not pregnant just want to know if I'll need to apply for another visa if I want to use my visa for another delivery.

@Ladygunivere, @seyewest, @omobendel24, everyone. Kindly help if you know.

However in filling your ds 160 it asks for purpose of visit and when you intend to travel....so if your intention for the trip you indicated in your application is vacation then that is what is in your record. After you have gone on that intended trip then any subsequent trip should fall under what your B1/B2 visa permits.

In the end it's border patrol that grants entry

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
mumzt:

No ish though, of course it covers delivery. But it's in your best interest to first use that visa for what it was granted for before thinking of birthing with it, no gainsaying this at this moment oh! At least you are graced to have escaped the 221(g) visa refusal /call for follow-up interview scheduling/attendance.

If I may ask, is it B2 specifically or B1/B2 you picked in the application form you filled?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2018
mumzt:

Ah. Not true o. Most times you're stamped in for 6 months. Only few cases get less.
Not familiar with extension of stay. I'm sure someone will answer that.

True but not well worded. A VISA GRANTS ACCESS TO KNOCK AT THE BORDER OF THE ISSUING COUNTRY. As for the US, after CBP grants you access into the US, and you have issues of this nature, you can actually ask for such extensions. Such however knocks you off qualification for dropbox, and in most cases loads of explanation to do at renewal interview that can lead too to visa application refusal....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2018
Maestro001:
[b][/b]

What do you mean by the bolded?

Okay, ayam coming....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
OmoBendel24:

No ish though, of course it covers delivery. But it's in your best interest to first use that visa for what it was granted for before thinking of birthing with it, no gainsaying this at this moment oh! At least you are graced to have escaped the 221(g) visa refusal /call for follow-up interview scheduling/attendance.

If I may ask, is it B2 specifically or B1/B2 you picked in the application form you filled?

I specifically picked B2.
And yes, I'll be going for vacation on the exact date I filled. Just wondering about future usage. In fact, my son that was taken for interview, had B2 visa sticker stuck to the back of his passport.

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
mumzt:

x
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chanbaby: 6:23pm On Nov 05, 2018
mumzt:

And yes, I'll be going for vacation on the exact date I filled. Just wondering about future usage. In fact, my son that was taken for interview, had B2 visa sticker stuck to the back of his passport.

pls when did u do ur dropbox renewal?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2018
mumzt:

Follow this through and you are very much good to go if and when you decide to birth with it barring any other hindrance laid on the "jus soli" path by the US authorities sha....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by madamgrace: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
please I am to attend an exhibition in Germany and I have already booked appointment with the German embassy.

I was looking at the supporting documents and I saw; Certificate of Incorporation/Registration of the company in Nigeria, Memorandum and Articles of Association / Company and Allied Matters Act, Federal Inland Revenue Service Income Tax Clearance Certificate/Company Income Tax
Clearance Certificate of the past year and company´s bank statements of the last three months (only stamped and signed bank
statements accepted).

I am just an employee and my company said they can't handover the aforementioned company's documents to me though they have given me letter from the company to confirm that the company is aware of the trip.

please, what do I do? someone told me that the company's documents is targeted at self-employed not employee that I don't have to supply them as employee. but I can't confirm.

NB: I know this is not the right place to post it but it's due to the urgency at hand.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2018
omotfavy:
I need advice about my mom,she went to stay with my sis who just had a baby on visiting visa and during the process her hubby who is in the military got deployed so mom has to stay for another 6months ,they have already filed for extension of stay till next year May but the problem is that her visa expires in January,how can she apply for visa renewal?.
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I’m not comfortable with the extension of visa thing. Is your sister sick or incapacitated? Why does your mom has to stay with her for a whole year? To help her take care of her newborn?

I think the extension of stay thing might cost your mom her visa during renewal. Except your sister has a life threatening illness that makes her incapable of taking care of her child, her husband’s deployment is not enough reason for an extension of your mom’s visa. That’s just my opinion thought, and I might be wrong. Just putting this out there.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
MamaOO:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I’m not comfortable with the extension of visa thing. Is your sister sick or incapacitated? Why does your mom has to stay with her for a whole year? To help her take care of her newborn?

I think the extension of stay thing might cost your mom her visa during renewal. Except your sister has a life threatening illness that makes her incapable of taking care of her child, her husband’s deployment is not enough reason for an extension of your mom’s visa. That’s just my opinion thought, and I might be wrong. Just putting this out there.
I agree with your opinion. The path is paved with so many downturns
Reason for seeking an extension? Not strong
If refused, immediate sending back
If I read correctly, she has already overstayed
Renewal will be an issue...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
Chanbaby:

pls when did u do ur dropbox renewal?

July. But my son's was in October as that was the earliest appointment we got.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Follow this through and you are very much good to go if and when you decide to birth with it barring any other hindrance laid on the "jus soli" path by the US authorities sha....

Will do thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amani4lyfe: 8:46am On Nov 06, 2018
Hello house! Yesterday was my interview but was denied. Over 20 people before me were all denied including families, singles and married except for two elderly women though one other elderly woman was denied too.

VO: Good afternoon
Me: Good afternoon
VO: Your passport please
Me: I gave her
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: My sister is getting married, I'm going to support and celebrate with her
VO: How long has she been there?
Me: She was born there
VO: Where in the US are you going?
Me: Fargo, North Dakota
VO: How long are you staying?
Me: 10 days
VO: Are you married?
Me: No... but hopefully soon
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm a real estate consultant, the MD of ...
VO: Have you traveled out of the country before?
Me: Yes, severally to the UK, Australia and Sweden
VO: I'm sorry you do not qualify....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Enasdan(m): 11:30am On Nov 06, 2018
Amani4lyfe:
Hello house! Yesterday was my interview but was denied. Over 20 people before me were all denied including families, singles and married except for two elderly women though one other elderly woman was denied too.

Abuja or Lagos

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mudi1012: 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thank you for your response ..actually its my american girlfriend whom sent it to me ..
Chacha22:

I dont think anyone can correctly answer that. The questions you will be asked will depend on your profile which is gotten from the information you gave on your application form.

The questions are geared towards detecting if you lied on your form to the best of the VO's ability. Some questions are generic tho. Go through this thread and you will see those ones.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mudi1012: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2018
okay thanks will surely do that
Chanbaby:

Pls read through people's transcript posted here for possible questions.
Look for situation similar to yours to adequately prepare.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amani4lyfe: 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2018
Enasdan:
Abuja or Lagos

Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chacha22: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
Amani4lyfe:

This is surprising. Especially with your travel history.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chacha22: 5:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
mudi1012:
Thank you for your response ..actually its my american girlfriend whom sent it to me ..
I am assuming you mean your girlfriend filled the form for you.. ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jeffobodo1111: 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2018
American embassy is no more issuing visa to Nigerians even if you have a good job ,family and travel history ,there are only issuing to elderly people ,unless of course you are ready to part with 56k and waste of time of course
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 8:36pm On Nov 06, 2018
jeffobodo1111:
American embassy is no more issuing visa to Nigerians even if you have a good job ,family and travel history ,there are only issuing to elderly people ,unless of course you are ready to part with 56k and waste of time of course

That's not true!

Not everyone's whose visa was approved are on this forum.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 8:37pm On Nov 06, 2018
Amani4lyfe:

Did the visa officer ask to see proof of these trips in your passport?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Did the visa officer ask to see proof of these trips in your passport?

The interview in my opinion couldn't have ended abruptly at the stage the OP put it in the transcript unless he was absolutely lieing to the VO and was caught, maybe long caught ahead of time sef, or OP was fronting fake/unsubstantiated travel history. If not I don't see why one with travel history (severally oh, and all combined too!) to Australia that ranks about same category as US visa, to UK their sister country and a schengen (Sweden) experience in addition will have his interview ended right at the level of his strongest advantage on the application. Abeg, the transcript no complete, something key is missing jare! But what do I know?

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chacha22: 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2018
jeffobodo1111:
That is a wrong generalisation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
OmoBendel24:

The interview in my opinion couldn't have ended abruptly at the stage the OP put it in the transcript unless he was absolutely lieing to the VO and was caught, maybe long caught ahead of time sef, or OP was fronting fake/unsubstantiated travel history. If not I don't see why one with travel history (severally oh, and all combined too!) to Australia that ranks about same category as US visa, to UK their sister country and a schengen (Sweden) experience in addition will have his interview ended right at the level of his strongest advantage on the application. Abeg, the transcript no complete, something key is missing jare! But what do I know?

My brother you no lie....maybe this is not his first interview...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Temmytripple: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
Good evening everyone I paid my Visa fees of 64,000naira January 26th 2018 at Guarantee Trust Bank .Due to some reasons I did not proceed to fill the form neither did I tried to book an appointment.
Today I decided to fill form and book appointment, after inputting the right reference number on the receipt issued to me at GTB. These error message pop up.( No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number . Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for)

Please what can I do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2018
Pretty sure you have applied before and probably lied/misrepresented or you used an agent once who filled in lies..
Amani4lyfe:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Amani4lyfe:

I weak ooooo

US embassy and the way they issue visa
Is this not genuine enough?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Temmytripple: 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
Good evening everyone I paid my Visa fees of 64,000naira January 26th 2018 at Guarantee Trust Bank .Due to some reasons I did not proceed to fill the form neither did I tried to book an appointment.

Today I decided to fill form and book appointment, after inputting the right reference number on the receipt issued to me at GTB. These error message pop up.( No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number . Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for)

Please what can I do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.