Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1168676 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
Tarry:

I understand your point, yes the lady was really fortunate because at that point where she could not produced her old passport, her credibility really becomes questionable and if I were the VO, I will either outrightly deny her or reschedule the interview, but going beyond that you cannot deny that she really prepared for the interview and nailed it.

Concerning the gurus, I believe the duty here is to identified the factors that made those who obtained visa to get it and indentified why those who were denied missed it. You don't expect them to be identifying what those approved did wrong when they are already successful. Something worked for those approved and that is what they have to point out so others can learn and those denied something went wrong and they also tried to point it out. There is no bias or over sabi in any of this.

Regard

Wow! Dude, you are a better "somebory", thumbs up.... This sums it up.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
bash980898:
Please I just want to make ask some questions I don't know. I have been issued a b1/b2 USVisa for a visit last month. I stated my departure as Nov 5th and departing from Lagos but now the flight is too expensive for me so I haven't left the country. Now I decided to leave by December or January and want to go through Ethiopia airline from Abuja, but I was told US prefer I fly direct flight to US. I want to know if my new date of departure and the list of airline I can go with and that offer cheap flight and I won't have problem at the port of entry by questioning why the changes. Please someone should please enlighten me and be of help to give me accurate response to avoid problem at the port of entry.

No, there is no problem with change in departure date and flight, what matter is your purpose of visit and where you are going.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vanity007(m): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
seyewest:

You want us to baby feed you abi instead of you to read through the thread... This thread is free and no one is paid here.

Confirm.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emadamysy: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
Thanks
Tarry:

Sorry about your mum's refusal. I think she was not convincing enough about her work, and the next question on travel history just assist the VO in making up his mind. Next time let her state clearly what she does, either, I have a shop where I sell so, so and so or I run a business that in into so, so and so. Business with a workforce of 5 is not convincing at all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
Emadamysy going to see someone who just put to bed and going for omugwo are 2 different things. Which did she tell the VO?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Taal17: 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
sugah:

Any idea how far Niagara falls is from New York City?
Abegi isn't it obvious he's schooling on what to 'package' and you are all helping him adjust and edit.

Some posts are clearly baits
Just ignore
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
Taal17:

Abegi isn't it obvious he's schooling on what to 'package' and you are all helping him adjust and edit.

Some posts are clearly baits
Just ignore
Yea.... just realized that hence my editing my post. Kindly do same
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by famousguy01(m): 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
Pls house I need ur help, I filled Dec 12 as my departure date on my ds-160 form and intend on staying for 3 weeks but my interview date is schedule for Dec 14. Hope this won't affect my chances on getting a visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2017
emadamysy:
This is holiday period , according to her
In my own opinion her hand is already full in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2017
bash980898:
Please I just want to make ask some questions I don't know. I have been issued a b1/b2 USVisa for a visit last month. I stated my departure as Nov 5th and departing from Lagos but now the flight is too expensive for me so I haven't left the country. Now I decided to leave by December or January and want to go through Ethiopia airline from Abuja, but I was told US prefer I fly direct flight to US. I want to know if my new date of departure and the list of airline I can go with and that offer cheap flight and I won't have problem at the port of entry by questioning why the changes. Please someone should please enlighten me and be of help to give me accurate response to avoid problem at the port of entry.

No one will question you for looking for cheap flight or not flying directly to U.S after all we have just 1-2 planes that do direct flight to U.S.
You will need a reason for not traveling to U.S when you're suppose to I think that's all.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emadamysy: 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
sugah:
Emadamysy going to see someone who just put to bed and going for omugwo are 2 different things. Which did she tell the VO?
to visit and help care for the child
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vanity007(m): 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
Good day house.. I just booked my Interview for 9th of Jan. Am a lawyer and I earn good money alongside property management for my clients. I intend to spend ten days in Austin Texas with my male friend who is a Nurse.. Am 33, married with two kids..previous trip to Saudi Arabia for my hajj. My wife decided to spend her own vacation in Dubai two months ago ago with the kids base on the fact that she wears hijab and does not feel comfortably with the American attitude with Hijab Ladies.( no intention to state this thou) so she gave me the permission to spend the ten days with my friend in Texas. So am assuming my interview goes thus.

VO: Good Morning

Me: Good morning Sir.

VO: where are you going in US

Me: Austin Texas.. Tech Ridge precisely

VO: You know someone there?

Me: My blossom friend who is a Registered Nurse is

there and I would be spending my short stay with him

and his family

VO: why do u want to visit Texas

Me: Have heard a great lot of beautiful things about

Texas from my friend , its Night life and good food as well as lovely parks. I do love to also Visit San Antonio to watch my favourite spurs but definitely not in this trip

VO: are you married?

Me: Yes I have a beautiful wife and two lovely Kids age 5 and 3

VO: you have kids?

ME: Yes I have two lovely kids and expecting the third child by July. ( just giving sufficient reason to come back )

VO: what do you do for a living

Me: Am a lawyer and I run my own firm alongside

property consultancy. I have my client base.

VO: what's you monthly salary?

Me: 375k after tax inclusive of monthly charges on

property I manage for my clients.

VO: Have you travelled out of the Country before?

Me: I traveled to Saudi Arabia Last year for my Hajj

Note: All information supplied are genuine info. Do I stand a chance? Would appreciate seeing your corrections now than when the blue paper is in my hand. God bless you all .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hoesaintloyal(m): 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
garcondesucre:
Maybe the G in your moniker is for grace grin

Have you purchased your ticket and when is your due date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 6:08am On Nov 22, 2017
emadamysy:
VO- Good Morning
Mum- Good Morning
VO- Passport Pleased
Vo- Where you travelling to
Mum- Texas Hosuton, for Visit and also see my cousin who just put to bead
VO- Are you married
Mum- Yes with 6 Kids, First is 30, Youngest is 10(Though mum look young sha)
VO- Whats your profession
Mum-Business, I manage and have a workforce of 5 staffs
VO- Is it Open or Locked Shop
Mum-excuse me, you say?(she did not intially understood what the VO means and she said locked shop)

Then mum tries to explain wht the business entails bla bla bla

VO- Have you travelled before. flipping thorugh her passport

Mum- No

Next thing its blue paper.

for the omugo why ur mum and not cousin's mum.. My thoughts tho and it could be the same feeling with the VO, and she will leave her 10 old daughter here when she's supposed to still look after her
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:40am On Nov 22, 2017
@enyinola a lot of Nigerians in the US are employing from home. Invite elderly ladies with nothing to lose back home and Pay them less than what they would pay legally
The visitors sometimes return, other times they stay put.
Truly why would a person leave her 10 year old to go take care of a cousin's baby?. The cousin no get mama Then with no travel history for her to show that if she sees fine Obodo Oyibo say she go return?
Truth is that omugo is not a do it die affair

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aspentrails96(m): 9:16am On Nov 22, 2017
Hello Gm all. Please Does anybody know last appt date for Lagos?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zimzee: 10:09am On Nov 22, 2017
Hello everyone, please a friend of mine who is self employed has been doing business for almost 9yrs now and her turnover is good, now she wants to apply for b1/b2 visa with her family and she wants to also use her income to support her husbands who is also self employed ( oil and gas) with good turn over too. But the issue here is that her( my friends) company is not registered and the account she is running her business with is her personal account.
1) Can she use the bank statement of her account for
the interview?
2) or should she go and register her company?
3) if yes to number 2, will presenting a newly registered company cert. affect her chances?
4) would she also need to open an account with the newly registered name?
Please, I don't know if I presented my case well but please help me with some advice.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2017
Zimzee:
Hello everyone, please a friend of mine who is self employed has been doing business for almost 9yrs now and her turnover is good, now she wants to apply for b1/b2 visa with her family and she wants to also use her income to support her husbands who is also self employed ( oil and gas) with good turn over too. But the issue here is that her( my friends) company is not registered and the account she is running her business with is her personal account.
the interview?
3) if yes to number 2, will presenting a newly registered company cert. affect her chances?
Please, I don't know if I presented my case well but please help me with some advice.
Thanks in anticipation.

None of the above is actually needed. Hardly is this believed by new applicants though, but it's the truth!

Then, this is for the general public, also have come to the realisation that agents are part of the major contributors causing loads of applicants to disbelieve this too. If you believe this, no agent can easily con you, disbelieving this is the gateway to their extortion exercise. They need to make documents for you na, manipulation/payment starts and graduates from there....

The worst part is that this is the reason they lead many to fall in the trap of misrepresentation, even great misrepresentations that becomes difficult for applicants to ever correct.

#Beware

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by famousguy01(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2017
famousguy01:
Pls house I need ur help, I filled Dec 12 as my departure date on my ds-160 form and intend on staying for 3 weeks but my interview date is schedule for Dec 14. Hope this won't affect my chances on getting a visa

Pls someone should help me out on this issue ooooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 11:31am On Nov 22, 2017
Zimzee:
the interview?
Thanks in anticipation.

Your newly registered company doc. won't be checked, likely your bank statement, just explain your business and when asked be able to defend it. my 10 cent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 11:35am On Nov 22, 2017
Vanity007:
Good day house.. I just booked my Interview for 9th of Jan. Am a lawyer and I earn good money alongside property management for my clients. I intend to spend ten days in Austin Texas with my male friend who is a Nurse.. Am 33, married with two kids..previous trip to Saudi Arabia for my hajj. My wife decided to spend her own vacation in Dubai two months ago ago with the kids base on the fact that she wears hijab and does not feel comfortably with the American attitude with Hijab Ladies.( no intention to state this thou) so she gave me the permission to spend the ten days with my friend in Texas. So am assuming my interview goes thus.

VO: Good Morning

Me: Good morning Sir.

VO: where are you going in US

Me: Austin Texas.. Tech Ridge precisely

VO: You know someone there?

Me: My blossom friend who is a Registered Nurse is

there and I would be spending my short stay with him

and his family

VO: why do u want to visit Texas

Me: Have heard a great lot of beautiful things about

Texas from my friend , its Night life and good food as well as lovely parks. I do love to also Visit San Antonio to watch my favourite spurs but definitely not in this trip

VO: are you married?

Me: Yes I have a beautiful wife and two lovely Kids age 5 and 3

VO: you have kids?

ME: Yes I have two lovely kids and expecting the third child by July. ( just giving sufficient reason to come back )

VO: what do you do for a living

Me: Am a lawyer and I run my own firm alongside

property consultancy. I have my client base.

VO: what's you monthly salary?

Me: 375k after tax inclusive of monthly charges on

property I manage for my clients.

VO: Have you travelled out of the Country before?

Me: I traveled to Saudi Arabia Last year for my Hajj

Note: All information supplied are genuine info. Do I stand a chance? Would appreciate seeing your corrections now than when the blue paper is in my hand. God bless you all .

Lol
Your visa has been approved..., Just pray the interviewer come on NL to read this transcript so he will know what to ask.
Seriously, if anyone have the slightest idea of what questions will be asked at interview, the U.S of A will be filled by now with the amount of visa they will be issuing on daily basis.

Please just prepare well, as there is no standard format of how the VO ask their questions.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tallboo: 11:56am On Nov 22, 2017
Was at d embassy ystdy wit wify, son n daughter. We got a white paper....Transcript loading soon...travelling history helped coupled with God's favour.....enough dishing of blue paper to people mehn..

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vanity007(m): 12:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
domcreative:

Lol
Your visa has been approved..., Just pray the interviewer come on NL to read this transcript so he will know what to ask.
Seriously, if anyone have the slightest idea of what questions will be asked at interview, the U.S of A will be filled by now with the amount of visa they will be issuing on daily basis.

Please just prepare well, as there is no standard format of how the VO ask their questions.

Hahahahaahha.. I feel you Sir. But it's not bad to evaluate oneself before the entering the exam all. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
famousguy01:

So you will have you interview on the 14 of December which is a thursday, if you get approved u will ne getting your visa on the 19th of december then when u get your visa issued u will go back to 12th December to travel.

See how you people complicate issues for yourselves.

Would you believe if you were the one interviewing Yourself?

Wishing you luck though. Pray and hope for the best

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kunzo: 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
coldsummer:

[b]So you will have you interview on the 14 of December which is a thursday, if you get approved u will ne getting your visa on the 19th of december then when u get your visa issued u will go back to 12th December to travel.

grin grin grin grin grin

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
Vanity007:

Hahahahaahha.. I feel you Sir. But it's not bad to evaluate oneself before the entering the exam all. Thanks
Why are you traveling alone?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vanity007(m): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
seyewest:

Why are you traveling alone?

My wife and kids just came back from their Vacation in Dubai.. My commitment did not allow me take the vacation with them.. So I created ten days on my diary to visit a friend in Texas. (The truth)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by famousguy01(m): 5:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
coldsummer:

So you will have you interview on the 14 of December which is a thursday, if you get approved u will ne getting your visa on the 19th of december then when u get your visa issued u will go back to 12th December to travel.

Thanks a lot for ur reply, it wasn't my fault I've filled and submitted my ds-160 form since Oct 16 and that was the same day I booked the interview appointment. I don't know it takes up to 2 months for the interview date. I just want to know if there's any remedy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HiredGames(m): 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
domcreative:

Your newly registered company doc. won't be checked, likely your bank statement, just explain your business and when asked be able to defend it. my 10 cent

Very wrong and misleading sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blisssexy: 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
[quote author=Tarry post=62582932]

what you need is a k-1 visa since you are going to meet your fiancée who is a US citizen. He has to first petitioned for you over there and then you will attend the interview here. You still have to convince the vo that the relationship is genuine and she must also have required fund to sponsor your application.

However, if you just want to go and visit with no plan to marry him over there immediately or within 90 days, then you will obtain a B1/B2 visa but that will be very difficult, you have to have strong ties here and you don't need his passport or tax clearance or letter of invitation.quote

Thank you so much for the information, pls how ddo I get the form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blisssexy: 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
Thank you.
Pls how do I get the form k-1, does he need to still send me letter of invitation?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by shirley013: 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
Good evening.
Please my husband is trying to schedule an appointment with me but we are having a challenge adding me because I already have a profile.
Do I need to request to deactivate my own profile so he can add me as we would like to be interviewed together?.
And is there a consequences for deactivating my account.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.