Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1168066 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Babyvet: 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
callnwman:
Good day Nigerians from different parts of united states. Please did anyone recently changed or adjusted his/her visa status from B1/B2 tourist visa to either green card or F1 student visa since 2018 or since trump became president? Please share your experience on how it went. Thanks.

For f1 - https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment/changing-a-nonimmigrant-f-or-m-student-status

For green card status , it’s really depends on the category your getting the green card from -
https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/eligibility-categories
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olami101: 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2019
Can someone help me on how to retrieved my old ds 160 form,pls is urgent.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sonne20: 8:03pm On Jan 13, 2019
good evening house

please I need clarification about this

thanks

if a couple is going for a vacation in the USA together (couple vacation), is it must for two of them to go for interview the same day? can't they go separately? Just asking, if that will cause any problem.
waiting for ur responses .....please can someone help me to answer this question.. please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by GENTLENNAJI(m): 9:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
GENTLENNAJI:
I'm planning to travel on July, how long in advance of my intended date of travel should I apply for a US visa? What if I apply on this January
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rosewilliams(f): 3:13am On Jan 14, 2019
Please what are the step by step procedure and necessary documents required for a Nigerian citizen who wishes to visit a friend (US citizen) in the US.

What are the necessary documents for applying for a tourist visa if the US citizen is sponsoring the trip and will accomodate the Nigerian tourist during the visit duration of three weeks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 11:15am On Jan 14, 2019
OtunOba15:
@TheCongo2....Is that your own understanding of the post?

I have made my point it is left for the poster to decide to what to do. No apologies

I said it before ... you are supporting laziness
You are encouraging illegality
This thread is all about DIY.

Are you in Canada now grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2019
Rosewilliams:
Please what are the step by step procedure and necessary documents required for a Nigerian citizen who wishes to visit a friend (US citizen) in the US.

What are the necessary documents for applying for a tourist visa if the US citizen is sponsoring the trip and will accomodate the Nigerian tourist during the visit duration of three weeks.

The only required document is your international passport.
As for the rest, you can bring any additional documents you want to carry but they aren't required. Most likely the embassy won't even look at them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
1. As a VO, I would be concerned about your 3 kids being left behind, Is it that your are not financially buoyant or do you wish to use them as a means of creating a tie to Nigeria ?

2. As a VO, I know for sure that Texas is not a common holiday destination, maybe Florida, even New York, but Texas ? isn't that the place Nigerians go to give birth.

My opinion.

Peagee:
Good day everyone, my wife and I had our interview @ Abuja last week. We were refused, please help me with your opinions to know what went wrong.
VO - Passport
me - Passed the passports to her
VO - Where are you going in the US?
me - Texas
VO - Faced me, where do you work?
me - told her
VO - Faced WIfy, what do you do?
WIfy- Told her
VO - why are you going to the US?
Me - Going for a short vacation and spend the Valentine's there.
VO - Do you have kids?
Me & WIfy - Yes, 3 children
VO - Do you have anyone in the US?
Me & WIfy - No
VO - You are not eligible this time around.

NOTE:
I had an uncle that was working with the Nigeria Ambassador to Canada about 18yrs ago, my uncle travelled to Canada with the Ambassador when he got the appointment(I don't know the type of Visa my uncle got to travel with him) After 4 years when he finished his tenure my uncle relocated to New York( I don't know the status he used to enter the USA).
My uncle has visited Nigeria about 3 times since then and spent weeks or months when he comes around.
About 4 years ago he had stroke, rushed to the hospital and died in the US, and he was buried there.
Please I want to know if the embassy will have his record has been dead or they will have it as someone that travelled and didn't come back. I am just surprised that the interview ended almost immediately she asked if we have anybody in the US.
Please I need your opinions because we intend to apply with the family for holidays later in the year.
NOTE: No travel history, my wife just wanted to visit US because most of her colleagues have visited so I am just trying to fulfil her desire. Thanks everyone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 12:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ideally you should go together, I recommend waiting till an opportune time for the couple to attend the interview, together.

sonne20:
good evening house

please I need clarification about this

thanks

if a couple is going for a vacation in the USA together (couple vacation), is it must for two of them to go for interview the same day? can't they go separately? Just asking, if that will cause any problem.
waiting for ur responses .....please can someone help me to answer this question.. please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vicyace: 12:43pm On Jan 14, 2019
Peagee:
Good day everyone, my wife and I had our interview @ Abuja last week. We were refused, please help me with your opinions to know what went wrong.
VO - Passport
me - Passed the passports to her
VO - Where are you going in the US?
me - Texas
VO - Faced me, where do you work?
me - told her
VO - Faced WIfy, what do you do?
WIfy- Told her
VO - why are you going to the US?
Me - Going for a short vacation and spend the Valentine's there.
VO - Do you have kids?
Me & WIfy - Yes, 3 children
VO - Do you have anyone in the US?
Me & WIfy - No
VO - You are not eligible this time around.

NOTE:
I had an uncle that was working with the Nigeria Ambassador to Canada about 18yrs ago, my uncle travelled to Canada with the Ambassador when he got the appointment(I don't know the type of Visa my uncle got to travel with him) After 4 years when he finished his tenure my uncle relocated to New York( I don't know the status he used to enter the USA).
My uncle has visited Nigeria about 3 times since then and spent weeks or months when he comes around.
About 4 years ago he had stroke, rushed to the hospital and died in the US, and he was buried there.
Please I want to know if the embassy will have his record has been dead or they will have it as someone that travelled and didn't come back. I am just surprised that the interview ended almost immediately she asked if we have anybody in the US.
Please I need your opinions because we intend to apply with the family for holidays later in the year.
NOTE: No travel history, my wife just wanted to visit US because most of her colleagues have visited so I am just trying to fulfil her desire. Thanks everyone.

Hello,
Please I would like to speak with you concerning the refusal letter please if you don't mind.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by groovychik(f): 2:34pm On Jan 14, 2019
Thank you so much. Visa was approved today in Abuja. Will share the transcript on this thread soon
seyewest:

Yes.. He/She should inform the V.O
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by groovychik(f): 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2019
I told them upfront and was seriously drilled. I was asked 13 questions and as God would have it, I did not stutter at all, which is incredulous. I would post an advice I got on Nairaland from a wise man below, which really helped my confidence level. all the best...

First of all, accept the fact that the friend in question is you! I'll give you my experience so that you don't feel that you are alone. Others with a similar issue can also read this and note the tips.

I'm emotionally touched to respond to this question because I also have a similar issue and have somehow managed it.

You won't go wrong telling the VO about your speech issues before you start the interview. In fact, this step is recommended by one of the VO's here on nairaland. The benefit of this step is that it reduces your stress level and allows the VO to be patient with you. If you don't trust your fluency or you feel you may have moments of stuttering during your interview, I advise you follow this strategy.

The other strategy, which I used, is to rehearse very very well and know your words for every likely question. This strategy is different from cramming. Know your school, your program, everything about your application and rehearse them very very well. I rehearsed every day for one month before my interview. I drafted likely questions and gave to my nice friend who called me every day at a particular time for 3 rounds of interviews. It took less than 40 minutes each day for the interviews and the feedback. The friend knew my condition and suggested ways I could avoid some words or use synonyms where necessary. Another friend, who also knew about my condition, assisted with several rounds of physical mocks a few days to my interview. To practice my fluency, I volunteered to help other visa applicants with their mocks on the condition that they also give me mock interviews. So, I would do 3 rounds with them and they will do 3 rounds with me. These applicants did not know about my condition and even when I stuttered sometimes, it wasn't pronounced and they didn't notice. I used their interviews to get a feel of how the atmosphere will be when I'm interviewing with a total stranger like a VO. I think I had ~ 12 mocks with those visa applicants.

My strategy may be very hectic, but I did it because I hate being seen as an object of pity. So, if method 2 seems hectic for you, method 1 is totally fine. Just rehearse, relax and tell the VO about your issue. Then, speak without fear because 90% of stuttering is caused by the fear of stuttering, not even the stuttering itself.

Overall, being a stutterer is a very hard thing in our society. Just imagine the shame you'll feel when you have your moments while giving a speech in a packed gathering. Just be strong and keep pushing.

About my interview, I had two stuttering moments but I think the VO didn't notice because I paused, took a deep breath and continued. She may probably be thinking that "E be like say this boy don forget him script grin grin grin".

God bless.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:34pm On Jan 14, 2019
groovychik:
Thank you so much. Visa was approved today in Abuja. Will share the transcript on this thread soon
Congrats on your visa issuance

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dejavu31: 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2019
groovychik:
I told them upfront and was seriously drilled. I was asked 13 questions and as God would have it, I did not stutter at all, which is incredulous. I would post an advice I got on Nairaland from a wise man below, which really helped my confidence level. all the best...

First of all, accept the fact that the friend in question is you! I'll give you my experience so that you don't feel that you are alone. Others with a similar issue can also read this and note the tips.

I'm emotionally touched to respond to this question because I also have a similar issue and have somehow managed it.

You won't go wrong telling the VO about your speech issues before you start the interview. In fact, this step is recommended by one of the VO's here on nairaland. The benefit of this step is that it reduces your stress level and allows the VO to be patient with you. If you don't trust your fluency or you feel you may have moments of stuttering during your interview, I advise you follow this strategy.

The other strategy, which I used, is to rehearse very very well and know your words for every likely question. This strategy is different from cramming. Know your school, your program, everything about your application and rehearse them very very well. I rehearsed every day for one month before my interview. I drafted likely questions and gave to my nice friend who called me every day at a particular time for 3 rounds of interviews. It took less than 40 minutes each day for the interviews and the feedback. The friend knew my condition and suggested ways I could avoid some words or use synonyms where necessary. Another friend, who also knew about my condition, assisted with several rounds of physical mocks a few days to my interview. To practice my fluency, I volunteered to help other visa applicants with their mocks on the condition that they also give me mock interviews. So, I would do 3 rounds with them and they will do 3 rounds with me. These applicants did not know about my condition and even when I stuttered sometimes, it wasn't pronounced and they didn't notice. I used their interviews to get a feel of how the atmosphere will be when I'm interviewing with a total stranger like a VO. I think I had ~ 12 mocks with those visa applicants.

My strategy may be very hectic, but I did it because I hate being seen as an object of pity. So, if method 2 seems hectic for you, method 1 is totally fine. Just rehearse, relax and tell the VO about your issue. Then, speak without fear because 90% of stuttering is caused by the fear of stuttering, not even the stuttering itself.

Overall, being a stutterer is a very hard thing in our society. Just imagine the shame you'll feel when you have your moments while giving a speech in a packed gathering. Just be strong and keep pushing.

About my interview, I had two stuttering moments but I think the VO didn't notice because I paused, took a deep breath and continued. She may probably be thinking that "E be like say this boy don forget him script grin grin grin".

God bless.

Thank you.
Please if you can post the transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:51am On Jan 15, 2019
callnwman:
Oh thanks for the reply. Please how did u go about it and how long didn't take you to do it. Which of the exact visa did u adjust from and to. Thanks for your reply in anticipation.

Return to Nigeria and re-apply for the F1 Visa or Green card visa....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:54am On Jan 15, 2019
groovychik:

Congrat please share it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Havre: 3:28am On Jan 15, 2019
Has anyone rescheduled a visa appointment? How did you do it?
And could you see the available time before you cancelled the initial one?

It shows next available date is March 22, I want to book this. But would likely change to an earlier date (Feb) if it shows up
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by caleb404: 9:37am On Jan 15, 2019
Good morning all, my daughter applied for a US visa and got it. Passport was delivered to DHL, but we were not able to get it on time, and now it has being returned back to the US embassy/consulate. Please how do we get the passport back?

Is there a procedure, number, email, or what do we have to do? I have emailed the Abuja Consulate but i got a generic answer with non referring to this situation. Please help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Attraction: 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2019
I'm genuinely going for an interview on Feb 4th in Abuja, I have a youth assembly conference in New York on Feb 14th, I'm going for 10days. I'm a banker, earn above 350k monthly, I have been to Indonesia 2015 and Dubai 2018.

I'm going to Dubai next week with my outstanding 10days leave from last year for vacation, this trip has already been planned and paid for. I know US visa is not guaranteed so let me 1st enjoy my 2nd Dubai trip and attend the interview immediately I return. I'm single, no kid... My tie is my job.

I don't have plans running away to where kwanu to start life again? I only want to get this knowledge from the conference and impact in the youths as we are the future of this country. I'm a member of YipAfrica initiative.

I have been denied US visa twice, 1st in 2015, I was going for a competition to represent Nigeria with vacation from work. 2nd denial was in Dec 2016 I was going for a friend's wedding in New York. In fact I used him as my contact address. The vo asked me if I was married, I said no, if i have a child I said no. He said sorry you can try again next time.

I don't have to get married for American visa. It's this conference I want to attendooo, I'm not running away, it's a paid conference, paid about $250 , I booked hotel via expedia. Com for 10days.

The gurus in the house should help me pls, I have read all postsooo, I understand every individual case is different, yet to submit ds160, please gurus should help me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Maestro001: 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2019
How soon can one re-apply after been denied
Must one actually wait for 6months because I learnt that’s the average time to reapply ??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bimreal(f): 3:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
kindly type.... ceac.state.gov
seyewest:

google is your friend or better still visit the U.S Embassy (Nigeria) website for direction.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by scott509: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hello House,

It's the second time I'm doing Dropbox for US visa renewal but this time I have been subjected for 221G interview. My previous visa has not expired and it wasn't revoked or cancelled ,please can I still use the visa to travel and come back to do the interview later because the dates I can see is from June 24.Thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by scott509: 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
@maestro001 How soon can one re-apply after been denied
Must one actually wait for 6months because I learnt that’s the average time to reapply ??Any time there is no minimum date you can reapply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Onwodi1: 4:14pm On Jan 15, 2019
i just finished writing gre and scored 312, kindly advise on next step to take securing student visa
Mayorr89:

Well I would say building your travelling history and getting a work would do u better..cos right now..visa issuance is as tight as it can be..
If u graduate, serve and get a work.. Along side building your travelling history with other countries then it's a great one. U have to prove ties..u probably still single until married, u still a student plus no travel history.
However, people still get u.s visa on a Virgin passport even plus been single..
So u can give it a shot since your dad is travelling as well..

Good luck on your application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
Onwodi1:
i just finished writing gre and scored 312, kindly advise on next step to take securing student visa
There's a student visa thread...best to use that.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boladet: 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
groovychik:

God bless.

Please was it a visiting or study or business visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Godson1988(m): 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2019
@ attraction, good evening. can u please share the conference website you used planning of going for a digital banking conference in Texas in June, though still looking out for other conferences too I also work in a bank. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ishow2005(m): 6:13pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hello all,
Please how do I go about drop box such that I will be able to include my other family members under my profile at Cgi website?
Must I have a printer to print the interview waiver immediately or I can always return to the dashboard to print it?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MsNas(f): 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2019
Good Morning everybody. Please, I have a question about 221G interview. Two dependents who had visas alongside their parents applied for renewal via Dropbox.

Parents visas was renewed but both dependents were called in for a 221G interview. What do they need to take along to the interview? Bank statements? School records? Employment records?
How are these interviews conducted in the general sense?

I would really appreciate answers and/or pointers. Thanks a lot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ashedzi: 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2019
[quote author=groovychik post=74762035]I told them upfront and was seriously drilled. I was asked 13 questions and as God would have it, I did not stutter at all, which is incredulous. I would post an advice I got on Nairaland from a wise man below, which really helped my confidence level. all the best...

We still await your Transcript pls

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.