Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,756 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1168610 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by carnal: 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
I did drop box for me, wife and three children however I have official assignment on same date,can I reschedule mine (221g), while wifey and kids alone go?do I cancel and reschedule all?how do I reschedule mine alone and not affect their date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mane48: 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2019
folmus:
Let me drop my brief transcript quickly. I applied outside of Nigeria where I am a permanent resident. My appointment was 8:15am today. I thought it's the same way we do it in Nigeria. I left for the embassy and got to the check point at 7:05am. The armed security guys turned me back to park somewhere till 8:00am. At 8am I went again and was allowed in. I was expecting to see mammoth crowd typical of Nija but lo and behold. we are not up to 10 on the queue. Even Majority of us are non citizen but residents working here. I had visited the US in 2014 for a convention and am going again for the same. Below is the transcript, even shorter than the first visa I got in Lagos.

V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning
V.O: I would need to take your finger print ( I did both hands)

V.O: Can I see your previous passport.
Me: Sure( I gave him- he checked my previous US Visa and other expired visas and stamps. He checked my current one, saw my UK visa on it.)

V.O: You only visited the US once?
Me: Yes

V.O: What do you do here?
Me: I am an ...............at the University of XYZ

V.O: So you are teaching .........at the University
V.O: Why are you going to the US now?
Me: I am attending the .............. Convention in Atlanta, Georgia

V.O: How many days will you be staying?
Me: 4 days
V.O: Just 4 days?
V.O: Your Visa is approved. Pick it up on so so day. He stamped the date on the token given to me when I entered the interview room.

Good luck to Naija applicants.

No document was requested just like my previous one.

which country do u applied u.s visa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2019
You are a potential immigrant..what is your husband doin in the USA for 3months..now you want to go and join him with the whole family...make una fear God before coming to ask fake questions here
kaampe1:
Good day house, Pls I would like to know how good my chances are in getting a us visa. I want to apply soon. I actually want to take my children on a vacation. Ages 10,8 and 4months currently. I am a business owner and I earn an average of 1mil monthly. My husband is currently in the US (3months now) and will be back next month. I have no travel history but I choose us because most of the products I deal in I buy from there so this looks like a good opportunity to see new products and my daughters long dream is to visit Disney world and again is it better to get an invitation or should I just apply without. Your honest opinions will be appreciated. Thanks all
Kindly note that am sponsoring the vacation

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hayatou27: 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
congrats
[q
uote author=instinct30 post=74657750]30th Nov, 2018: Drop box application
Dec 3rd: Application received status on CEAC
Jan 8, 2019: Status changed to 'Administatrive Review'
Jan 9 : Issued
Jan 10: email and text message that passport is ready for pickup
Jan 11: Jejely picked up my Passport at DHL Isolo
[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by corrall(f): 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2019
mojisolani:

Fill a new form and call or mail them that you would like to update your Ds160 with the new one , so that they can make correction on the appointment form for it to carry the same code with the new one you filled, it takes 2 working days and a new appointment form would be send to your mail that carry same with your new DS 160 if not you won't be allow in on the day with different code on both your DS160 and appointment fo o.

Thank you. Will do that
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by corrall(f): 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2019
groovychik:
Click on the CEAC site, click on retrieve application, put in all the details plus security questions, a screen will pop up letting you know the form you are trying to retrieve has been submitted and giving you the option to view confirmation page or create new application. Click on create new application, correct what you need to correct etc and submit. Send an email to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and call the call centre from 9am weekdays on +234 1 227 8955. Explain the issue, they would change your appointment to reflect the new form number and send you an email. Voila

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2019
Princess080:
Good morning house, pls what are my chances traveling with my three children of ages 8,6 and 3 respectively. Am a widow working with d govt under d ministry of Education also d CEO of my late husband's coy which I over see after his death. After payment of workers salary I still have average money of 5-10million in d account depends on d contract we execute for a particular month. I have being to South Africa and Dubai strictly on buz trip. Now my children are on my neck to travel to either to Canada or US for summer. Pls should incase I start up d application is it advisable to submit two statement of account that's my coy owe and my salary account statement?? My late husband's immediate elder brother children are all schooling in US three of them, is it advisable to include them as part of relation in US cos they are still students and not even planning to see them cos is just on a short vacation I want to plan for cos of my buz I don't want any lapses. And wat are my chances of getting US Visa and Canada Visa b4 I start my application. Thanks

Statement of Account is not really important, I will like to suggest you do a family trip to Dubai or UK before applying for U.S because right now U.S embassy na fire grin but if you insist on trying, you should take your time to read this thread, it will help you greatly and don't forget to visit the US Embassy website.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2019
ajihmaya:

Please Anyone with better info for me, it's really urgent for me.

Tell him to show you the way... also you will need to apply for an immigrant visa to settle in US legally.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
seyewest:

Tell him to show you the way... also you will need to apply for an immigrant visa to settle in US legally.

Simps man, simple. I thank God for the grace of “waka passing”, I’m just enjoying it to some extent. But I know I will las las once in a while use Elisha anointing to produce bear to “chopulate” those wey go call person “bald head” for here. Lolz!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
Sparkle1515:
You are a potential immigrant..what is your husband doin in the USA for 3months..now you want to go and join him with the whole family...make una fear God before coming to ask fake questions here

You dey vex oh.... Issorai! Siddon look na dog name.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kaampe1: 11:22pm On Jan 21, 2019
Sparkle1515:
I don't know why am bothering to respond but for the sake of those who genuinely want to help and need better clarification , I will say this. My husband just completed his PhD in SA and was supposed to start his post doctoral program this January. So he traveled in Nov to attend a seminar and spend some extra weeks vacationing . Unfortunately the post doc didn't work out so he stayed back a little longer and probably see if there are other schools for his post doc and if you read my post well you will see I mentioned he will be back next month. Moreso why will I want to go live in US permanently if I have things working for me here.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ifegy: 12:52am On Jan 22, 2019
Princess080:
Good morning house, pls what are my chances traveling with my three children of ages 8,6 and 3 respectively. Am a widow working with d govt under d ministry of Education also d CEO of my late husband's coy which I over see after his death. After payment of workers salary I still have average money of 5-10million in d account depends on d contract we execute for a particular month. I have being to South Africa and Dubai strictly on buz trip. Now my children are on my neck to travel to either to Canada or US for summer. Pls should incase I start up d application is it advisable to submit two statement of account that's my coy owe and my salary account statement?? My late husband's immediate elder brother children are all schooling in US three of them, is it advisable to include them as part of relation in US cos they are still students and not even planning to see them cos is just on a short vacation I want to plan for cos of my buz I don't want any lapses. And wat are my chances of getting US Visa and Canada Visa b4 I start my application. Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3/381#71922938

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Havre: 4:25am On Jan 22, 2019
Anyone booked interview at Lagos location today? What was the earliest date please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fcisca: 4:50am On Jan 22, 2019
What class of visa did your hubby travel with to the US? Postdocs are given J1 visas but then since he is not on a postdoctoral training now, it poses a problem. My advice is to apply after your hubby returns from the US. You most definitely would have to answer "Yes" to the question about family in the US and that family is your spouse- a quick check on his status and being in the US for 3 months (I assume on a B1/B2 visit visa) would raise a red flag.

All the best!
kaampe1:

I don't know why am bothering to respond but for the sake of those who genuinely want to help and need better clarification , I will say this. My husband just completed his PhD in SA and was supposed to start his post doctoral program this January. So he traveled in Nov to attend a seminar and spend some extra weeks vacationing . Unfortunately the post doc didn't work out so he stayed back a little longer and probably see if there are other schools for his post doc and if you read my post well you will see I mentioned he will be back next month. Moreso why will I want to go live in US permanently if I have things working for me here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Suretosin(m): 4:56am On Jan 22, 2019
Please I need help, I am a first time Traveller and I will want to travel to the USA with my family this year. Note we are only engaged as we planned our marriage later this year, we have a son that will be one in some months. Please I will appreciate replies and opinions. Thank you and God bless you all for the good jobs here. Thanks again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Suretosin(m): 4:59am On Jan 22, 2019
And one more thing please, can she have her passport on my name or on her maiden name since we haven't been legally married ? I don't want to make mistakes , thanks again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:49am On Jan 22, 2019
kaampe1:

If your hubby traveled with B1/B2 visa then its still an issue only if he declared all that during his interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 7:58am On Jan 22, 2019
kaampe1:

Sister, it's better you wait till your husband comes back.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olumig(m): 8:33am On Jan 22, 2019
kaampe1:

Your husband staying back for 3months raises a red flag and you may be denied the Visa ( note my words MAY) I have a friend who made the same error, stayed in the US for 3months came back, two months after went back was denied entry and the visa was canceled. It's always good to stick to the number days u mentioned at the POE.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by liljboy10: 8:48am On Jan 22, 2019
flourishing247:

Yes

I had already filled the form as I got no reply in time. Can I still say I will be visiting a speech therapists during the interview even if its not on the form?.. Please I don't want any red flags
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:59am On Jan 22, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Simps man, simple. I thank God for the grace of “waka passing”, I’m just enjoying it to some extent. But I know I will las las once in a while use Elisha anointing to produce bear to “chopulate” those wey go call person “bald head” for here. Lolz!

E know easy at all.... They've managed to reduce the credibility of this thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lanrems: 11:40am On Jan 22, 2019
Good day house, Pls I would like to know how good my chances are in getting a us visa. I want to apply soon. I actually want to take my children on a vacation. Ages 10,8 and 4months currently. I am a business owner and I earn an average of 1mil monthly. My husband is currently in the US (3months now) and will be back next month. I have no travel history but I choose us because most of the products I deal in I buy from there so this looks like a good opportunity to see new products and my daughters long dream is to visit Disney world and again is it better to get an invitation or should I just apply without. Your honest opinions will be appreciated. Thanks all
Kindly note that am sponsoring the vacation

I saw this post but cant stay quiet.
1 Your hubby haven't stayed in the US for 3months disqualified you guys from getting the visa, cos he has proven that the family will do the same.
2 if he comes back to naija he wouldn't be able to go back if the Visa wasn't cancelled exiting the US, it will be done once he arrives in naija. Now the dilemma is this, will you take care of the 3children just like you have been doing for the past 3months, and allow your hubby to change status in the US, hopefully in the next 3years he can bring you guys legally to the US.
3 since you claimed some of the products you sell is from the US your hubby can be your contact person in the US doing the buying for you.
4 if your monthly salary is actually what you quoted here, you guys can forfeir the US while you guys can try somewhere else like Australia Canada New Zealand or a good European country going forward.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Babyvet: 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2019
kaampe1:

And how do you plan to live in the US permanently legally ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by zed7: 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
Scheduled a date in Feb. My family has been to the US some years ago, however we have a 2 year old who wasn't born then and he applied with us. However, we all opted for the interview but some people said we should have done drop box while only the new kid applies for the interview. Is it a problem? Just wondering.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2019
zed7:
Scheduled a date in Feb. My family has been to the US some years ago, however we have a 2 year old who wasn't born then and he applied with us. However, we all opted for the interview but some people said we should have done drop box while only the new kid applies for the interview. Is it a problem? Just wondering.

Not a problem, but the option suggested to you should have worked better. Not a problem at all however....

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by llcn1422: 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hello
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by llcn1422: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2019
[quote author=talk2dekky post=74453957]Maybe, Maybe not. smiley He didn't ask for my previous passports even though I took them. I guess he just believed what I said.

[hello]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by llcn1422: 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2019
talk2dekky:
Visa approved today. I have been a silent follower and this forum actually helped put me through all the steps needed.

Appointment was for 6.30am I was 8 in line but second to be interviewed by the white guy in window 3. The lady before me who was a Medical Doctor going for MPH also got her student visa approved. Every other window I observed were busy dishing out blue papers mostly to students.

I noticed the VO that interviewed me took his time interviewing the lady with student visa before approving her unlike others.

My transcript

VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: I am going for the initial convening of the Atlantic Fellows for Health Equity program.

VO: Tell me about this fellowship
Me: It's a non residential fellowship for a year with 3 physical convenings in Us and Rwanda. It trains global leaders and professionals working in diverse areas to foster health equity.

VO: How would this benefit you?
Me: I work for an organization that provides free oral healthcare to the less privileged. This will enable me learn from leaders in health equity how to build a more sustainable health organization, the mentoring and online courses is also an added advantage since it will put me through organizing different community projects.

VO: This organization you work for provides only free dental care. (He didn't ask for the name)
Me: Yes, I am a Dentist

VO: And you founded this organization
Me: Yes I did

VO: Kept typing for a long time, I guess he was searching for my organization. He apologized for taking too long that the system was loading.
Me: No problem

VO: Have you been outside Nigeria before?
Me: Yes, I had my degree in Ukraine, went to Slovakia in 2009, Uk 2012, Ghana 2016

VO: What were you doing in Slovakia?
Me: Clinical elective/rotation

VO: Uk?
Me: Visiting family

VO: Ok, your visa has been approved.....
Me: Thanks

He didn't ask if I was married or had children, also didn't ask how much I earned and all. No documents were requested.

Thanks everyone.

Hello Dekky. I'm a Doctor too. Medical Doctor. Schooled I'm the same country as you and am currently practicing in Nigeria. I have been practicing for over a year. I have been to Ghana too. I am married with a kid. Earn well. I intend to spend a part of my leave in America. Applying alone. How do you fancy my chances? Any tips for me?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by djfrancis: 7:23pm On Jan 22, 2019
folmus:
Let me drop my brief transcript quickly. I applied outside of Nigeria where I am a permanent resident. My appointment was 8:15am today. I thought it's the same way we do it in Nigeria. I left for the embassy and got to the check point at 7:05am. The armed security guys turned me back to park somewhere till 8:00am. At 8am I went again and was allowed in. I was expecting to see mammoth crowd typical of Nija but lo and behold. we are not up to 10 on the queue. Even Majority of us are non citizen but residents working here. I had visited the US in 2014 for a convention and am going again for the same. Below is the transcript, even shorter than the first visa I got in Lagos.

V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning
V.O: I would need to take your finger print ( I did both hands)

V.O: Can I see your previous passport.
Me: Sure( I gave him- he checked my previous US Visa and other expired visas and stamps. He checked my current one, saw my UK visa on it.)

V.O: You only visited the US once?

V.O: What do you do here?
Me: I am an ...............at the University of XYZ

V.O: So you are teaching .........at the University
V.O: Why are you going to the US now?
Me: I am attending the .............. Convention in Atlanta, Georgia

V.O: How many days will you be staying?
Me: 4 days
V.O: Just 4 days?
V.O: Your Visa is approved. Pick it up on so so day. He stamped the date on the token given to me when I entered the interview room.

Good luck to Naija applicants.

No document was requested just like my previous one.

This looks like the US consulate in Belfast. Most def not London
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by def111(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2019
Good evening all..... Please If a group is applying for visa. Will all the group attend interview that same day and will everyone have a 1-on-1 interview with the OV ?... A group more than 15 in number. Thanks for your help....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Shezkid: 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
Who knows anyone who used Journalist and Media Visas ??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by timhannah93: 9:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hello house,
Please i'd like to know if taking an invitation letter from someone in the us army will hold more water at the embassy?
I've applied twice for us visa and didnt get it. The first time i went with my mum she got it and i didnt. The second time i applied cos i was going to the us to do my clinical rotations as im a caribbean medical student and i didnt get it as well. My friend who is in the army and is now an american citizen for a year now has offered to write me a letter of invitation to visit from nigeria then go to school in the caribbean. i'm single and 26yo. what are my chances?

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.