Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1169980 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 6:30am On Jan 25, 2019
Manifoldlove:
Please guys urgent! My wife is about applying for a Used visit visa. For court marriage and change of name purposes, will embassy accept registry marriage certificate if it is from Ikeja magistrate? Ikoyi court is quite far from us.

Has anyone had such experience?

Used abi US?

They hardly check documents, but what you have is OK if asked. It's not compulsory everyone marries at ikoyi.

If they don't accept, will you go and re-marry?

Just make sure your documents are genuine...

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 6:34am On Jan 25, 2019
slydog:

Currently I am.

You try o.. running a PhD with bank work.

If am the VO, I'd be interested in knowing how you did it.

But seriously, I think you should be fine.

Not having a travel history shouldn't stop you from getting the visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:43am On Jan 25, 2019
sholsy:

So here it is...your best option is for your u.s citizen boyfriend to come to Nigeria first and get married to you. Afterwards, you could apply for a K1/K2 visa. You would stand a better chance that way. It might not be wise to say you are going on a visit first to see/meet your boyfriend in the U.S. that's a red flag cos it means you have stronger ties in the U.S than in Nigeria. Since you have already booked your appointment, I can only wish you best of luck.

Get married first and then apply for a K1/K2 visa? That’s a no-no please, K1 is for Fiancé and not for married people. A visit to her in Nigeria should be the starting point, without getting married oh, that is if going the fiancé visa route though. Meanwhile, the aunty should rest, assured that the visa application will never fly as long as the purpose is to visit a boyfriend she has never met with physically before....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by slydog(m): 6:47am On Jan 25, 2019
ayenikunle:

You try o.. running a PhD with bank work.

If am the VO, I'd be interested in knowing how you did it.

But seriously, I think you should be fine.

Not having a travel history shouldn't stop you from getting the visa.

Lol, thank you.. Its determination I guess, I did both MSC and PhD as a banker. I'm a marketer, so I always had a way of going for "marketing", then I find myself in sch, really wasn't easy though. At the PhD level it became challenging given that my bank ran into murky waters. Stress of marketing plus PhD plus threat of job loss and its attendant insecurities, my colleagues even graduated before me, mehn at 30 I have serious grey hairs..... But it was worth it at the end. Intend leaving banking, so I need this conference to give me a head way into academic.
I will be getting the invite letter from the conference organisers next week hopefully, the conference is for June this year.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:47am On Jan 25, 2019
salsera:

I'm thinking he may have fallen for that fake US website
Lol
Possibly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mrbigman1(m): 7:48am On Jan 25, 2019
Obinoscopy:
My advice is that you walk up to any of the bank branch and make a complaint. Calls might not work.

Hope the online transaction you did was with GTBank? if not, it means you were scammed.

I am not resident in Nigeria. I am in germany.

But they picked and said the payment didn’t go through
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:53am On Jan 25, 2019
SaladsandChapman:

Thanks for the response. I have a 4 year old son that would not be traveling with me yet, is my tie with my boyfriend greater than my tie with my son?? Thanks.
Reason I jump on questions here. You have been told the truth but ofcourse, you already have an answer in your head. Go ahead and dash them the money now.

If you are so tied to this 4 years old you won't consider leaving him behind to go on over 10,000 miles journey to see a man you have not physically met. You'd ask the man to come here or y'all meet on a neutral country you can easily get the visa or requires none.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by egofrey: 8:08am On Jan 25, 2019
Hi everyone,
Please I need help, I am planning on going to USA for a training first week on March (March 10), I want to know my chances of getting a Visa before then. Will I be able to get interview slot before then (I will be applying today), and how long does it take to get the Visa out after interview

Thanks, anticipating a prompt response.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 25, 2019
America don cast o. Nigerians must spoil everything. Visited the US twice before, once with family, once alone. I've never exceeded 2 weeks, i get bored with long holidays. We've never had our kids born in US even when wifey had a valid Visa while pregnant.
Yesterdays interview.
Vo. Gd morning. Where to?
Me. Iowa.
Vo. What for
Me. Holiday.
Vo. I see you've been to the US before, where else have u been to.
Me. Dubai, Switzerland.
Vo. Why is your family not following you this time.
Me. They are busy with school and work.
Vo. Sorry you are not qualified for now. Hands blue paper over.
Me. Couldn't believe it.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cris83: 9:35am On Jan 25, 2019
A friend i had been communicating with based on the 221g reschedule interview was successful in getting visa visa renewed so based on his wishes, simply posting the response he sent to me:

Hello chief,I trust you are doing ok.
I attended my interview last week and am happy to announce that I was issued a visa.

The interview went great. In a sense it felt like a new visa interview except there were questions from my last trip. Like how long I stayed, if I met family, what I did while I was there.

In the end, the VO expressed optimism that I would continue to use my visa for non-immigrant purposes like I have done in the past.
I still believe it's some sort of random sampling...lol

All the best at your interview. Please share the outcome.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cris83: 9:37am On Jan 25, 2019
Its getting tough but remain positive and the next time you want to try, let the whole family apply if you can afford it. All the best

Gaggi:
America don cast o. Nigerians must spoil everything. Visited the US twice before, once with family, once alone. I've never exceeded 2 weeks, i get bored with long holidays. We've never had our kids born in US even when wifey had a valid Visa while pregnant.
Yesterdays interview.
Me. Iowa.
Vo. What for
Me. Holiday.
Me. Dubai, Switzerland.
Me. Couldn't believe it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 9:47am On Jan 25, 2019
Gaggi:
Yesterdays interview.
Me. Iowa.
Vo. What for
Me. Holiday.
Me. Dubai, Switzerland.
Me. Couldn't believe it.

Did u try drop box at all?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 25, 2019
Loool, how did you find this out? haha
Beautyaddy:

So why did you have to open another username to tell us about your US visa denial
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by badejackson: 11:11am On Jan 25, 2019
Please how do I get a closer date of appointment? The one I got is in June.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jakandeola(m): 11:18am On Jan 25, 2019
ifyalways:

Lol
Possibly.
pls I wish to travel abroad in 2yrs after my wife and me born. did u lived abroad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:25am On Jan 25, 2019
sholsy:
z

The obvious question from the VO is to ask you what value would the conference add to your bank work. If you can give a convincing answer, you might stand a chance. Not sure the VO would be interested to hear about "budding academic".

Unfortunately Bankers can not be trusted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:26am On Jan 25, 2019
Beautyaddy:

So why did you have to open another username to tell us about your US visa denial

Chaiii .... grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:27am On Jan 25, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Hey! Hi Chloe.... Been a long, long while. Greetings!

She's not the one
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:29am On Jan 25, 2019
Manifoldlove:
Please guys urgent! My wife is about applying for a Used visit visa. For court marriage and change of name purposes, will embassy accept registry marriage certificate if it is from Ikeja magistrate? Ikoyi court is quite far from us.

Has anyone had such experience?

You mean the bolded?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:31am On Jan 25, 2019
SaladsandChapman:

Thanks for the response. I have a 4 year old son that would not be traveling with me yet, is my tie with my boyfriend greater than my tie with my son?? Thanks.

See forget about traveling for now... Let your boyfriend visit you in Nigeria first.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:33am On Jan 25, 2019
slydog:

Lol, thank you.. Its determination I guess, I did both MSC and PhD as a banker. I'm a marketer, so I always had a way of going for "marketing", then I find myself in sch, really wasn't easy though. At the PhD level it became challenging given that my bank ran into murky waters. Stress of marketing plus PhD plus threat of job loss and its attendant insecurities, my colleagues even graduated before me, mehn at 30 I have serious grey hairs..... But it was worth it at the end. Intend leaving banking, so I need this conference to give me a head way into academic.
I will be getting the invite letter from the conference organisers next week hopefully, the conference is for June this year.

I'm very sorry ooo but I think your intention is to leave the country for good upon getting the visa.... Hope you're not offended oooo

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 25, 2019
I will be going for my visa Interview come March 6th this year, conference invitation though on Oil and gas, I have taken to memory the hotel, the address as well as the inviting party Invitation Information there in Texas.
I am believing By the grace of God I will make headway, I have over 5 years of experience Working here in Nigeria, Not married... Now here comes my question.

If I am going for a Conference would the visa officer ask me Questions Relating to the Conference? I am a Solutions Architect / Software Developer and I am going for an Oil and gas conference. We have built some Automated Projects for Some oil and gas companies too, and I stated it in my DS-160. Again, At the University, We did borrow courses for Engineering and that's how I came to understand this course as well, Though not 100 %, its a borrowed course - Remember.

What do you think, I am already studying about the Technology and Naval Architecture.
Advise needed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ejiroogidi: 11:36am On Jan 25, 2019
Good day all,I sent my passport in for renewal of my visa in December,passport was sent back with a 221g paper.
I tried to schedule a follow up appointment and got a date this same January.
On the 221g form,I was asked to bring my bills for child birth.
The interview day came and we were 171 people for 8.05am appointment mainly 221g.
It got to my turn and the VO asked my purpose for traveling and I said holiday.
He looked at his computer and asked why how long I stayed in the us the last time and why I stayed for 2 months.
I replied and told him,child birth.
He asked to see evidence of payments.
I started giving the receipts one after the other and explaining the receipts to him.
He then told me that the average cost of birth in Texas is $33,000 and my hospital bill is showing way below that.
He said taxpayers get to bear the burden of this underpayment and the government.

I then showed him the mail I sent Dr X when I took in and and the bills I was sent from both Dr X and HNWMC. I told him I paid what I was asked to pay and even have receipts for as little as passport photograph I took for the baby at the passport office. He smiled and continued typing.
He asked what other countries I have been too and I told him,Canada,Uk,Spain,France,Germany,South Africa,UAE,Belgium etc.
He asked what I do and what my husband does for a living? I told him.
He asked who will be paying for vacation and I said my husband and i.
He said,my visa has been granted and will be ready in 3 working days. I thanked him and left.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:37am On Jan 25, 2019
gimakon:
I will be going for my visa Interview come March 6th this year, conference invitation though on Oil and gas, I have taken to memory the hotel, the address as well as the inviting party Invitation Information there in Texas.
I am believing By the grace of God I will make headway, I have over 5 years of experience Working here in Nigeria, Not married... Now here comes my question.

If I am going for a Conference would the visa officer ask me Questions Relating to the Conference? I am a Solutions Architect / Software Developer and I am going for an Oil and gas conference. We have built some Automated Projects for Some oil and gas companies too, and I stated it in my DS-160. Again, At the University, We did borrow courses for Engineering and that's how I came to understand this course as well, Though not 100 %, its a borrowed course - Remember.

What do you think, I am already studying about the Technology and Naval Architecture.
Advise needed.

Do you have travel history?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:39am On Jan 25, 2019
Ejiroogidi:
Good day all,I sent my passport in for renewal of my visa in December,passport was sent back with a 221g paper.
I tried to schedule a follow up appointment and got a date this same January.
On the 221g form,I was asked to bring my bills for child birth.
The interview day came and we were 171 people for 8.05am appointment mainly 221g.
It got to my turn and the VO asked my purpose for traveling and I said holiday.
He looked at his computer and asked why how long I stayed in the us the last time and why I stayed for 2 months.
I replied and told him,child birth.
He asked to see evidence of payments.
I started giving the receipts one after the other and explaining the receipts to him.
He then told me that the average cost of birth in Texas is $33,000 and my hospital bill is showing way below that.
He said taxpayers get to bear the burden of this underpayment and the government.

I then showed him the mail I sent Dr X when I took in and and the bills I was sent from both Dr X and HNWMC. I told him I paid what I was asked to pay and even have receipts for as little as passport photograph I took for the baby at the passport office. He smiled and continued typing.
He asked what other countries I have been too and I told him,Canada,Uk,Spain,France,Germany,South Africa,UAE,Belgium etc.
He asked what I do and what my husband does for a living? I told him.
He asked who will be paying for vacation and I said my husband and i.
He said,my visa has been granted and will be ready in 3 working days. I thanked him and left.
wow... another angle to birthing.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 25, 2019
seyewest:

Do you have travel history?

No, I don't.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sholsy: 11:50am On Jan 25, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Get married first and then apply for a K1/K2 visa? That’s a no-no please, K1 is for Fiancé and not for married people. A visit to her in Nigeria should be the starting point, without getting married oh, that is if going the fiancé visa route though. Meanwhile, the aunty should rest, assured that the visa application will never fly as long as the purpose is to visit a boyfriend she has never met with physically before....

The guy coming to Nigeria to get married to her here is a faster and better route. Once he goes back, he can then file for her to come over. Stating you planning to go and visit a u.s boyfriend you have never seen before cannot work.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 25, 2019
Teshoma11:
Loool, how did you find this out? haha

Easy...desperation.
Whether it's the real op or 'pseudoOP'
The fear of missing out is a scent that will always leave breadcrumbs
The mum has gone with 2 younger ones, he/she stayed cos they are in Uni. Promised him/her they will come after. Mum finds out its not that simple and kid in Nigeria becomes petulant and FOMO starts cos younger ones seem to have odds in their favour.
Sadly they will not likely get a visa anytime soon as they are pose immigrant risk

And for OP, yes all interviews are details are noted, yes they know your mama.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
gimakon:

No, I don't.

You should work on that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olumig(m): 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2019
Ademide22:
Good afternoon.. Please I want to apply for dropbox. I called an agent he said everything is 126000.. I just want to confirm the real price? Please help
Just do a little research online and do the stuff on your own, instead of wasting your money.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2019
seyewest:

She's not the one

Oh, I thought it was Chloe07 oh. It’s okay, thanks buddy! How the area, boss? Greetings!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
sholsy:

The guy coming to Nigeria to get married to her here is a faster and better route. Once he goes back, he can then file for her to come over. Stating you planning to go and visit a u.s boyfriend you have never seen before cannot work.

I’m very open for learning on this please. So, how then is the K1 visa related to this applicant as earlier advised by you? File what exactly for her after marriage if I may ask, a K1?

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.