Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1169914 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Desore: 9:14am On Feb 25, 2019
Hello all,

I have been to the USA for more than 19 times since 1988. I planned to renew my visa which expired in March, 2018.

I have filled the form 160. However, when i try updating my profile i get this message;

Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "xxxxxx@yahoo.com ". If you created this profile in the past and forgot the password, please use “Forget your password?” function on the login screen. If this email isn't familiar to you, please contact our helpline through Provide Feedback option in the left menu or by sending the email to our helpline. Please don't forget to attach the scanned copy of your passport’s data page to your feedback message/email.'

I am not familiar with the email address, hence i don't have access to it.
I have also given feedback as advised but i am yet to get a response from them. The feedback was submitted last week.

I plan to use Dropbox.
Is they any other channel i can use to contact them??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:51am On Feb 25, 2019
Desore:
Hello all,

I have been to the USA for more than 19 times since 1988. I planned to renew my visa which expired in March, 2018.

I have filled the form 160. However, when i try updating my profile i get this message;

Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "xxxxxx@yahoo.com ". If you created this profile in the past and forgot the password, please use “Forget your password?” function on the login screen. If this email isn't familiar to you, please contact our helpline through Provide Feedback option in the left menu or by sending the email to our helpline. Please don't forget to attach the scanned copy of your passport’s data page to your feedback message/email.'

I have also given feedback as advised but i am yet to get a response from them. The feedback was submitted last week.

I plan to use Dropbox.

Time consuming “back and forth” ordeal this will be. Call them too, the number to call is on this thread, and the VO’s thread I believe (you may be able to search for it from there quicker I believe, just a few pages). Someone with the number May just provide it help you quick, maybe, but I don’t.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Desore: 10:15am On Feb 25, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Time consuming “back and forth” ordeal this will be. Call them too, the number to call is on this thread, and the VO’s thread I believe (you may be able to search for it from there quicker I believe, just a few pages). Someone with the number May just provide it help you quick, maybe, but I don’t.

Thank you for your response.

I will be glad if someone can share their contact number. I have been calling this no. +23412278955 but no answer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:39am On Feb 25, 2019
Neeta02:
by filling another form will I also pay another visa fee?

No not at all...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Neeta02(f): 10:58am On Feb 25, 2019
seyewest:

No not at all...
wow! Please how do I do it? Will my interview date change too when I fill another form?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kprake9: 11:02am On Feb 25, 2019
Owols:
It means there are not available dates for 221g interviews, keeping checking daily it will be updated after some time.
Thanks, I will be checking.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:06am On Feb 25, 2019
Neeta02:
wow! Please how do I do it? Will my interview date change too when I fill another form?

I will give you a step by step procedure.

Open www.ceac.state.gov to fill another form (I will advise you to retrieve your old form and start a new form from the old one so you will still have your information intact, remember to copy the new DS160 number)

Open www.ustraveldocs.com to update your profile with the new ds160 number.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AdetonaDami(m): 11:30am On Feb 25, 2019
Desore:
Hello all,

I plan to use Dropbox.

Of you have used an agent before...I guess that's where its coming from
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Neeta02(f): 11:47am On Feb 25, 2019
seyewest:

I will give you a step by step procedure.

Open www.ceac.state.gov to fill another form (I will advise you to retrieve your old form and start a new form from the old one so you will still have your information intact, remember to copy the new DS160 number)

Open www.ustraveldocs.com to update your profile with the new ds160 number.
please forgive me my many questions. How do I retrieve the form I had already submitted?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by alert20: 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2019
@krakpe...
Boss long time, I dunno you have an American visa before applying for that UK Visa....

Anyway I envy u oooo boss... Still trying to secure the visa oooo after been denied by UK twice and Schengen (2ce) Portugal and Norway respectively....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2019
Neeta02:
please forgive me my many questions. How do I retrieve the form I had already submitted?

Please listen carefully because I may not be around to assist, first of all, you can not change anything in the submitted ds160 form but you can start/open a new form by retrieving the submitted one through www.ceac.state.gov, click on the country and Lagos/Abuja anyone you chose and write the code, then click on retrieve an application and provide the old ds160 number and click retrieve application, fill the secret questions and click on retrieve application, afterwards, 2 options will show 1) view application page 2) Create a new application.
Click on 2) Create a new application, and start filling the form you will notice that your information on the old form has been moved to the new DS160 form all you need to do is do the necessary correction and remember to upload your pics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2019
Is it true that US Embassy no longer check your bank statement during a B1/B2 interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:22pm On Feb 25, 2019
Desore:

Thank you for your response.

I will be glad if someone can share their contact number. I have been calling this no. +23412278955 but no answer

That’s the number I believe. Having issues with “no answer at all” or with “navigation”? If the latter, run the various options down, I can’t remember which exactly, but one will. Patience then will be key....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by groovychik(f): 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2019
Osahon7:
Is it true that US Embassy no longer check your bank statement during a B1/B2 interview?

They did not check mine but they checked my Friend's own. So, one cannot say

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aresej: 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2019
Desore:
Hello all,

I am not familiar with the email address, hence i don't have access to it. I had the same issue too but the difference is that I remembered my email cos that's the only email I have been using since the inception of emails��� Anyway,just register for another email but ensure you inform them when you call or email then and then send your scanned data page.They will then send you a mail giving you a new password which you can change to your own and your profile page will be open.

I plan to use Dropbox.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Neeta02(f): 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
seyewest:

Please listen carefully because I may not be around to assist, first of all, you can not change anything in the submitted ds160 form but you can start/open a new form by retrieving the submitted one through www.ceac.state.gov, click on the country and Lagos/Abuja anyone you chose and write the code, then click on retrieve an application and provide the old ds160 number and click retrieve application, fill the secret questions and click on retrieve application, afterwards, 2 options will show 1) view application page 2) Create a new application.
Click on 2) Create a new application, and start filling the form you will notice that your information on the old form has been moved to the new DS160 form all you need to do is do the necessary correction and remember to upload your pics.
thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olutoyiin: 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2019
groovychik:

They did not check mine but they checked my Friend's own. So, one cannot say

if you do not mind to share, how much did u state as salary
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by groovychik(f): 6:42pm On Feb 25, 2019
I stated my real salary, so I stated the truth

olutoyiin:

if you do not mind to share, how much did u state as salary

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tunddy(m): 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2019
Hi,pls I have an interview on Thursday,i filled in my ds 160 form that I am not working and hope that won't affect me in anyway,i applied for a US conference,i am currently doing my masters here in Nigeria and I don't have any working experience,if the VO ask me where do I work, what will I say in that case or if he ask that what have I been doing after graduation from high school, what can I say in that case....pls I need ur urgent reply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:07pm On Feb 25, 2019
tunddy:
Hi,pls I have an interview on Thursday,i filled in my ds 160 form that I am not working and hope that won't affect me in anyway,i applied for a US conference,i am currently doing my masters here in Nigeria and I don't have any working experience,if the VO ask me where do I work, what will I say in that case or if he ask that what have I been doing after graduation from high school, what can I say in that case....pls I need ur urgent reply

Urgent reply to say what exactly? If you don't work, you're unemployed, if you're a student currently doing his Masters say so, I have more than 3 friends who got their Visa while they were unemployed.
Remember the whole interview and form is about your life not just if you're working or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mrprolifik: 9:13pm On Feb 25, 2019
tunddy:
Sorry to say this I think it will be difficult for you to get the B1/B2 visa if you don't have a job I am saying this from interview I witnessed at the us consolate in Milan italy when I went for my visa last year. 3 different people were denied visa simply because they aren't working . You may try and see and maybe you might be lucky but the chance is very slim . Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tunddy(m): 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2019
OK thanks what other likely questions can the VO ask?
seyewest:

Urgent reply to say what exactly? If you don't work, you're unemployed, if you're a student currently doing his Masters say so, I have more than 3 friends who got their Visa while they were unemployed.
Remember the whole interview and form is about your life not just if you're working or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tunddy(m): 9:17pm On Feb 25, 2019
I pray I get the visa,that is why I need to prepare myself well before the day of my interview
mrprolifik:

Sorry to say this I think it will be difficult for you to get the B1/B2 visa if you don't have a job I am saying this from interview I witnessed at the us consolate in Milan italy when I went for my visa last year. 3 different people were denied visa simply because they aren't working . You may try and see and maybe you might be lucky but the chance is very slim . Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Neeta02(f): 11:50pm On Feb 25, 2019
tunddy:
I pray I get the visa,that is why I need to prepare myself well before the day of my interview
you will get it by the grace of God. Don’t forget to come share the good news with us on Thursday
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Teshoma111: 8:26am On Feb 26, 2019
If you gone through people's interview transcripts, you will have an idea of likely questions.
1. Why you are going to america
2. what you do? since you are a student, doing your masters, say so.
3. single or married?
4. children?
5. How long you are staying in the US.

be confident and success is yours.

tunddy:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Deshalom(m): 8:42am On Feb 26, 2019
Oh great. Thank you

Uglyaddy:

NO,it does not matter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tunddy(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2019
thanks...I Am not married and I don't have children yet
Teshoma111:
If you gone through people's interview transcripts, you will have an idea of likely questions.
1. Why you are going to america
2. what you do? since you are a student, doing your masters, say so.
3. single or married?
4. children?
5. How long you are staying in the US.

be confident and success is yours.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:37am On Feb 26, 2019
tunddy:

I don't know.... go through the thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
tunddy:
thanks...I Am not married and I don't have children yet

They can ask you anything. Just say the truth that's all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2019
And the visa approval too is not in just saying the truth, TIES must accompany....

You see these two people - Tunddy and Neeta02? It can never be an easy ride, the odds ain’t stacked in their favor, but I dispute not the place of God!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2019
Good afternoon great people. I have a valid US visa, which I have used a couple of times(expires 2020 Feb). My wife and kids have just recently applied for US visa (scheduled at Abuja) for 3rd April 2019, so the entire family travels(PHC->ABUJA). We reside in Port Harcourt, so we had initially choose DHL return services to Port Harcourt (in the event that Visa is approved).
Now we want to know if we can change the pick up location (i.e. pick it up at the Abuja DHL location instead of the initial point PHC), as we plan to travel to Dubai, as kids would be on vacation (departing from Abuja). This is to avoid travelling to Port Harcourt, just to pick the passports.

Advise on the best way to handled passport transfer would be appreciated.

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2019
GENIUS18:
Good afternoon great people. I have a valid US visa, which I have used a couple of times(expires 2020 Feb). My wife and kids have just recently applied for US visa (scheduled at Abuja) for 3rd April 2019, so the entire family travels(PHC->ABUJA). We reside in Port Harcourt, so we had initially choose DHL return services to Port Harcourt (in the event that Visa is approved).
Now we want to know if we can change the pick up location (i.e. pick it up at the Abuja DHL location instead of the initial point PHC), as we plan to travel to Dubai, as kids would be on vacation (departing from Abuja). This is to avoid travelling to Port Harcourt, just to pick the passports.

Advise on the best way to handled passport transfer would be appreciated.

thanks

Are you planning to stay in Abuja for 3 days and book your flight from Abuja or leave your passport in Abuja for weeks after the issuance and travel from Abuja the same day you pick your passport from DHL on your way to the Airport? I have a 3 scenario but please elaborate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.