Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1169727 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
@seyewest, Thanks for the quick response.
This is the plan: We shall attend the US visa interview on the 3rd April. Irrespective of the outcome, we plan to book a Dubai Trip out of Abuja for Thursday 5th April 2019 (& return to Abuja Sat, 13th April). I would normally resume work in PHC (come to PHC 14th April).

My concern is also that "On the US Visa website: Change Document pick-up is possible in LAGOS Only"

Just for my understanding : Do we still need to travel to Dubai with our Passport, since Visa is issued on arrival (but I think YES).

seyewest:

Are you planning to stay in Abuja for 3 days and book your flight from Abuja or leave your passport in Abuja for weeks after the issuance and travel from Abuja the same day you pick your passport from DHL on your way to the Airport? I have a 3 scenario but please elaborate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2019
Travel History

If He/She wants to act nice, You hear.... "but you have not travel anywhere in a bit"

This thing na sheer luck and mood of the VO bro, believe nothing but try!

I once heard a VO asking an applicant, would you do me favor if i approve your Visa?

The lady said YES, ....

"say Hi to my mom, our house is next door"

tunddy:
thanks...I Am not married and I don't have children yet

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2019
GENIUS18:
@seyewest, Thanks for the quick response.
This is the plan: We shall attend the US visa interview on the 3rd April. Irrespective of the outcome, we plan to book a Dubai Trip out of Abuja for Thursday 5th April 2019 (& return to Abuja Sat, 13th April). I would normally resume work in PHC (come to PHC 14th April).

My concern is also that "On the US Visa website: Change Document pick-up is possible in LAGOS Only"

Just for my understanding : Do we still need to travel to Dubai with our Passport, since Visa is issued on arrival (but I think YES).

If you're successful during the interview you will get your passports back after 2 days which will be 5th and Emirates check-in close by 5pm or so... I think you can risk it.
You must always travel with your passport (You won't be allowed to board without one)
You can stay in Abuja for that 3 days because it's almost the same if you fly back to PHC.
Goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 6:03pm On Feb 26, 2019
seyewest:

Are you planning to stay in Abuja for 3 days and book your flight from Abuja or leave your passport in Abuja for weeks after the issuance and travel from Abuja the same day you pick your passport from DHL on your way to the Airport? I have a 3 scenario but please elaborate.

Confusing too cos schools will still be on then. Sometimes it takes more than 3days.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
flourishing247:

Confusing too cos schools will still be on then. Sometimes it takes more than 3days.

Abuja is 2 days.... for the past 5 yrs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 11:42pm On Feb 26, 2019
seyewest:

Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 1:47am On Feb 27, 2019
seyewest:

What if put on Admin Processing? mehn, he is taking a big risk playing around those number of days...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aresej: 8:09am On Feb 27, 2019
GENIUS18:
Good afternoon great people. I have a valid US visa, which I have used a couple of times(expires 2020 Feb). My wife and kids have just recently applied for US visa (scheduled at Abuja) for 3rd April 2019, so the entire family travels(PHC->ABUJA). We reside in Port Harcourt, so we had initially choose DHL return services to Port Harcourt (in the event that Visa is approved).
Now we want to know if we can change the pick up location (i.e. pick it up at the Abuja DHL location instead of the initial point PHC), as we plan to travel to Dubai, as kids would be on vacation (departing from Abuja). This is to avoid travelling to Port Harcourt, just to pick the passports.

Advise on the best way to handled passport transfer would be appreciated.

thanks
I do not think you can change it! You have already stated PHC and so it will be sent there! I had the same experience when I told the DHL guy in Abuja to transfer mine to Lagos so I can pick it up when it's issued cos I did a drop box but I was served the legendary 221G letter and meanwhile I was still in Abuja prepping to go to Lagos.... I had to quickly return to DHL so I can reschedule but was told my passport was already in Lagos. I collected the proxy form and sent it to my sister who helped me pick up the passport and sent it to me. I am still in Abuja waiting for my interview!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aresej: 8:17am On Feb 27, 2019
Desore:

Thank you for your response.

I will be glad if someone can share their contact number. I have been calling this no. +23412278955 but no answer
Send a mail to that ustraveldocs they will reply and solve your problem. I has same issue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aresej: 8:26am On Feb 27, 2019
Neeta02:
wow! Please how do I do it? Will my interview date change too when I fill another form?
I don't think you can change it because you already have a date on your DS160 number. It would have been possible if you haven't scheduled a date! I hope this will help

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rolake1(f): 11:07am On Feb 27, 2019
Does anyone know how to go about conference related visa application to the usa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 27, 2019
Thanks for this contribution. But what if I pre-inform them at the DHL office even before the passports are sent to them, that I would like to intercept at Abuja?
Aresej:
I do not think you can change it! You have already stated PHC and so it will be sent there! I had the same experience when I told the DHL guy in Abuja to transfer mine to Lagos so I can pick it up when it's issued cos I did a drop box but I was served the legendary 221G letter and meanwhile I was still in Abuja prepping to go to Lagos.... I had to quickly return to DHL so I can reschedule but was told my passport was already in Lagos. I collected the proxy form and sent it to my sister who helped me pick up the passport and sent it to me. I am still in Abuja waiting for my interview!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 27, 2019
Thanks for this contribution. But what if I pre-inform them at the DHL office Abuja even before the passports are sent to them, that I would like to intercept at Abuja?
Aresej:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2019
Are you attending a Conference?

Have you being admitted ?

Do you have to pay to attend? Have you paid?

It is like every other application, but it is a B-1 Category.

You will have to attend an interview like every other person

but lastly , your conference must have a strong relationship with what you are doing right now!

Rolake1:
Does anyone know how to go about conference related visa application to the usa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
GENIUS18:
Thanks for this contribution. But what if I pre-inform them at the DHL office Abuja even before the passports are sent to them, that I would like to intercept at Abuja?

Why not? I somehow believe you can. Login to their Profile and change DOCUMENT DELIVERY INFORMATION (the last box to your right) to Abuja> Wuse 2 > check the box that pos up > then click Continue.... Get back to us thereafter
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
I have never underestimated the help that could come from this forum. This contribution right here is so golden! Works like �.
OmoBendel24:

Why not? I somehow believe you can. Login to their Profile and change DOCUMENT DELIVERY INFORMATION (the last box to your right) to Abuja> Wuse 2 > check the box that pos up > then click Continue.... Get back to us thereafter

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Exactly this is the right thing to do, experience indeed is the best teacher.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2019
GENIUS18:
I have never underestimated the help that could come from this forum. This contribution right here is so golden! Works like �.

Great

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nasachuky(f): 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
My Mum's Visa has been renewed, 2 weeks after submission. Thanks to everyone that answered my questions.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by alert20: 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2019
@GENIUS18 ]@seyewest,

Is Dubai now visa on arrival for a Nigerian passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olusolarichards: 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
Goodevening my beautiful people.. I seriously need an advice on this..My cousin sent invitation to attend her graduation in US...I want to confirm if US embassy still honoured that...The invitation letter is from institution..Advice would be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
They will listen to you... at the interview date ..

-Ask you the relationship (Most important)

I have an application like that, The applicant is so Rich he could build a new Embassy for them.
His niece sent him an invite, he got there.

Only his passport was requested, He almost hasn't been anywhere in a long time, no other papers was even requested.
He got denied.

My question is ...

Some people fail in Confidence doesn't mean they are migrants, they may just be overwhelmed or anxious!

How do you know the one with the right intention?

olusolarichards:
Goodevening my beautiful people.. I seriously need an advice on this..My cousin sent invitation to attend her graduation in US...I want to confirm if US embassy still honoured that...The invitation letter is from institution..Advice would be appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Neeta02(f): 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
Aresej:
I don't think you can change it because you already have a date on your DS160 number. It would have been possible if you haven't scheduled a date! I hope this will help
maybe this is the reason it didn’t work, cos I tried doing it. Thanks anyway
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vanillawafers: 8:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
Nasachuky
Nasachuky:
My Mum's Visa has been renewed, 2 weeks after submission. Thanks to everyone that answered my questions.

Congratulations ma'am.

Can I ask you a few questions please.

How long was she in the US the last time she was there and also, how long on the average does she stay in the US each time.

Thanks and God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Havre: 10:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
URGENT PLEASE!!

Is the confirmation page the same as appointment confirmation page to be used for interview.

Some has interview tomorrow morning

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tunddy(m): 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2019
Really....I have not heard of that before from a VO
vibrant99:
Travel History

If He/She wants to act nice, You hear.... "but you have not travel anywhere in a bit"

This thing na sheer luck and mood of the VO bro, believe nothing but try!

I once heard a VO asking an applicant, would you do me favor if i approve your Visa?

The lady said YES, ....

"say Hi to my mom, our house is next door"

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tunddy(m): 11:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
I also have an interview tomorrow morning....they are not the same bro, your confirmation page is that form you print after you complete filling your ds160 form, after that your final appointment confirmation letter will be sent to you... Note they are two different things....your confirmation page carries your picture why your appointment letter does not carry your picture
Havre:
URGENT PLEASE!!

Is the confirmation page the same as appointment confirmation page to be used for interview.

Some has interview tomorrow morning

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kellyyoung12: 11:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
Pls room is there a place in the embassy we can keep our loads like phone, bag, attach with a charge before entering the US embassy.? How true is this information..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tunddy(m): 11:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
There is no place in the US embassy bro that you will keep your bags....but there a place you pay to keep your bags outside....I wouldn't advise you to keep your bag there...it is better you come with only your documents
Kellyyoung12:
Pls room is there a place in the embassy we can keep our loads like phone, bag, attach with a charge before entering the US embassy.? How true is this information..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
tunddy:
I also have an interview tomorrow morning....they are not the same bro, your confirmation page is that form you print after you complete filling your ds160 form, after that your final appointment confirmation letter will be sent to you... Note they are two different things....your confirmation page carries your picture why your appointment letter does not carry your picture

Appropriate....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 1:05am On Feb 28, 2019
tunddy:

Best of luck...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Havre: 5:50am On Feb 28, 2019
Thanks

tunddy:
I also have an interview tomorrow morning....they are not the same bro, your confirmation page is that form you print after you complete filling your ds160 form, after that your final appointment confirmation letter will be sent to you...
Note they are two different things....your confirmation page carries your picture why your appointment letter does not carry your picture

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.