Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1169513 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cris83: 6:10am On Mar 20, 2019
DrStrangelove:
My brother thanks for ur reply.

Pls how long do u have to wait from December 2018 for u to get ur date of June 2019?

It's torture checking it everyday.

Regards

A few days to be Frank. All I kept seeing was June so I just told myself it may seem far but its not. We are in March now. June don almost reach...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by teamgreat: 6:22am On Mar 20, 2019
Please,I want to travel for medical treatment in May, if I apply now, when can I get called for an interview? Will I wait for 2 months?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:34am On Mar 20, 2019
DrStrangelove:
Good morning House,

We just received 221G follow up interview for me and my wife. We wanted to renew our visas wch is expiring May 2nd. We applied for b1/B2 for the renewal and this will be our second renewal together. We gave birth in the US to our son in 2015 and she spent 5 months because of this. This was during her second trip to the US after our first we're we went for our vacation.

The vacation was for 3 weeks. Her stay during her second trip was for 5 months after which she came back. She declared at POE that she came to give birth during that time. I also travelled to go see them for about 5 weeks.

Afyer everything they came back home. Though I came back before them. We made sure we got zero balance statements for all the bills (hospital, obgyn,lab tests, anaesthesiologist, pediatrics etc). We then reapplied using Dropbox and we were both granted visas. This was early 2017. So we decided to travel when we would be chanced wch was going to be early December to late December. She later decided to go to London with my daughter to see her family there while me headed to the US to visit a friend. We both spent about a month on both places and came back.

We didn't travel throughout 2018 due various reasons. We now decided to travel in July 2019 to NYC to visit a friend. We chose Newyork as we have never been there before and wanted a change from the southern states. And also this would be first time our son is returning. This is the time we can get to get off work so we decided to reapply early so that we can start planning for the visit. Nothing has changed in our previous application. I run a consulting firm with my wife as a Legal/compliance manager. She is a lawyer with 7 yrs post call.

Now the issue is my wife is 2months pregnant. We don't really know what to expect as this has put us in a precarious situation.

I think what ticked them off was 1. My wife's 5 months stay 2. She not using the previous visa in the validity period 3. Or the destination of our visit to NYC ( we are visiting a family friend and this was stated in the application with details)

Pls advise.

Also we can't seem to get a date for the follow up interview as the embassy hasn't released dates for them yet. My appointment page for dates always comes up blank. Am hoping we get a close date as anything further might complicate our case. Pls advise

1.Did she declare child birth during the interview?

2. How much did she pay for the delivery?

3. Was the second visit for child birth or holiday?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:37am On Mar 20, 2019
carnal:
goodmorning house,i have a situation with a colleague at work, they were granted visa (b1/b2) in late January, now wifey realised she is 6 weeks pregnant in mid-february after visa was out, she intend to put to bed in the u.s.
My advise to them;
1.write embassy and inform them that wifey is pregnant and they intend to put to bed since there is enough fund available.

Please gurus in the house, i will appreciate further advise to assist my friend.

Book for another interview and declare your intention to give birth in US else you will have some issues renewing that visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 6:38am On Mar 20, 2019
cris83:

The 3month trip was before I came back to assume my role and then renewed via Dropbox a second time despite filling this in the Ds160 form at that time...

I think the US guys just want to know if the information they have about you is still valid and to check if you still meet the requirements for the NIV. Since you had successfully renewed your visa via Dropbox after spending three months, then I guess you shouldn’t have any problem during the interview. Mind you, question may come up as to why you spent that much time in the US, the onus is on you to defend that strongly because the VO May think you can repeat that when you are eventually issued another visa or decide to stay back.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 6:46am On Mar 20, 2019
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 6:49am On Mar 20, 2019
teamgreat:
Please,I want to travel for medical treatment in May, if I apply now, when can I get called for an interview? Will I wait for 2 months?
Are you are a fresh applicant or you want to do dropbox?
If fresh application, the earliest interview date in Lagos is in June while in Abuja is March.
For Dropbox, you have to wait for like a month. If status change to admin processing and visa is not issued within three days, then you may be given 221g.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:32am On Mar 20, 2019
carnal:
[
it was 6 weeks then and not 6 months according to him its 11 weeks now
You wrote 6 months abi na typo undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abiolagenius: 7:52am On Mar 20, 2019
seyewest:

What you need is your

1) International Passport
2)DS160 Confirmation page
3)Appointment confirmation
4)Visa fees receipt
5)Passport Photograph
6) Any document you feel will help you.

Good luck

Yes sir thanks i'm aware that i'm to go with the listed.. but what i'm asking is if photocopy is needed there also if am to staple my passport? And finally what are the screening like once one enters the embassy before the interview.. My interview is 7:30am but i intend to be there by 6am tho lol it's my first time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abiolagenius: 7:55am On Mar 20, 2019
Dammilekan:
And please don't argue with the V.O, answer the question the v.o ask you don't do oversabi or talk too much am the best and please gist us when you are back

Lol okay bro thanks..
By God's favour and Grace my Transcript will be positive tomorrow.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cris83: 8:37am On Mar 20, 2019
Lordcrixus:

I think the US guys just want to know if the information they have about you is still valid and to check if you still meet the requirements for the NIV. Since you had successfully renewed your visa via Dropbox after spending three months, then I guess you shouldn’t have any problem during the interview. Mind you, question may come up as to why you spent that much time in the US, the onus is on you to defend that strongly because the VO May think you can repeat that when you are eventually issued another visa or decide to stay back.

Thank you for this advice. God bless you...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DrStrangelove: 8:55am On Mar 20, 2019
justwise:

During our first visa interview, we made it know we were going for our anniversary. She just took in then. The VO asked specifically if we are going now to give birth. We said NO. So we travelled and came back three weeks later. She then travelled when she was about due.

We paid all the amount we were told to pay, about $11K. We have zero balance statement/amount paid in full from the hospital, lab to obgyn etc

The second visit was for child birth after the first one wch she went alone and declared at POE coz they she went thru secondary interrogation. They wanting to know the doctor's name and whether we have paid the hospital bills.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DrStrangelove: 8:58am On Mar 20, 2019
Okay that's not bad. If mine were a few days, it would be okay but since last week I have been seeing blank page. June won't be bad. I just want to stop checking thru every few hours and click on date and set my thinking straight.

cris83:

A few days to be Frank. All I kept seeing was June so I just told myself it may seem far but its not. We are in March now. June don almost reach...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by teamgreat: 9:28am On Mar 20, 2019
Ok.Thanks,please I'm a fresh applicant.Seems Abuja is better then,abi?
Lordcrixus:

Are you are a fresh applicant or you want to do dropbox?
If fresh application, the earliest interview date in Lagos is in June while in Abuja is March.
For Dropbox, you have to wait for like a month. If status change to admin processing and visa is not issued within three days, then you may be given 221g.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Divaville(f): 9:44am On Mar 20, 2019
Good morning house,
I have a question about renewing my visa outside Nigeria. I was issued a visa in Oct 2017 and have traveled in April 2018 for two weeks with it. Left Nigeria to study in the UK in September 2018 and my residence permit is valid till March 2020 even though my course ends on the 30th of September 2019. I plan to visit the US again between November and December this year and this means I will need to renew the US visa here in England. Am I eligible for Dropbox or will I need to schedule an interview like new applicants??

PS: My passport with the US visa was due to expire in March 2019 and I had to get a new one before the UK granted me student visa in September 2018. For this reason, I will be submitting a new passport to the US embassy whilst attaching the old one that contains the visa.

Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dammilekan(m): 9:45am On Mar 20, 2019
teamgreat:
Ok.Thanks,please I'm a fresh applicant.Seems Abuja is better then,abi?
Abuja applicant are few compared to that of Lagos but have seen people who were rejected in Abuja but were approved in lagos

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:49am On Mar 20, 2019
cris83:

No, as I stated earlier, it's a family business. I was studying for my masters in Ghana when I got my first visa in 2014 so once I was done, I took the trip and as I said it snowed like crazy where I was that time such that my uncle who I stayed with refused to let me travel back until the weather was better as he would have had to drive me to the airport and its an 1h 20mins drive. Agreed it was a stretch, but I filled that when I did Dropbox for the second visa (2016) and it was renewed. This is my third renewal that had m stuck with 221g and my last trip (last year) was just 4weeks.

You made it sound like it happened last year.... if you've renewed after staying for 3 months, I see no big deal with getting your visa, it's a random call.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:01am On Mar 20, 2019
DrStrangelove:

During our first visa interview, we made it know we were going for our anniversary. She just took in then. The VO asked specifically if we are going now to give birth. We said NO. So we travelled and came back three weeks later. She then travelled when she was about due.

We paid all the amount we were told to pay, about $11K. We have zero balance statement/amount paid in full from the hospital, lab to obgyn etc

The second visit was for child birth after the first one wch she went alone and declared at POE coz they she went thru secondary interrogation. They wanting to know the doctor's name and whether we have paid the hospital bills.

Good to go to a large extent then, your worries should be less. Seems from the bolded you guys even owned up the pregnancy ab initio, is that so? Or is there anything you may want to clarify there?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:02am On Mar 20, 2019
Divaville:
Good morning house,
I have a question about renewing my visa outside Nigeria. I was issued a visa in Oct 2017 and have traveled in April 2018 for two weeks with it. Left Nigeria to study in the UK in September 2018 and my residence permit is valid till March 2020 even though my course ends on the 30th of September 2019. I plan to visit the US again between November and December this year and this means I will need to renew the US visa here in England. Am I eligible for Dropbox or will I need to schedule an interview like new applicants??

PS: My passport with the US visa was due to expire in March 2019 and I had to get a new one before the UK granted me student visa in September 2018. For this reason, I will be submitting a new passport to the US embassy whilst attaching the old one that contains the visa.

Thank you all.

You can only do Dropbox in Nigeria per where your last visa was issued.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by yomibiz1: 10:11am On Mar 20, 2019
Hello house, good morning

I need ur advice, am attending a very good friend's wedding in the US, she is a citizen already, she sent me an invitation letter. I applied for b1/b2 visa, coz m also going for vacation. It's my first time. Please what are my chances
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dammilekan(m): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2019
yomibiz1:
Hello house, good morning

I need ur advice, am attending a very good friend's wedding in the US, she is a citizen already, she sent me an invitation letter. I applied for b1/b2 visa, coz m also going for vacation. It's my first time. Please what are my chances
We are not the V.O don't be trembling with the v.o they are thousands of applicant with fake and genuine reason only 50 or 100 will be issued visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DrStrangelove: 10:46am On Mar 20, 2019
Thanks for the feedback.

She was pregnant by the time we went on her anniversary vacation when the first visa was issued.

We came back after spending three weeks.

She left after about a month to go birth the baby as this was our first. She declared that she came to give birth to her baby at POE. She was redirected to secondary investigation to ask further details about the doctor and hospital info.

OmoBendel24:

Good to go to a large extent then, your worries should be less. Seems from the bolded you guys even owned up the pregnancy ab initio, is that so? Or is there anything you may want to clarify there?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluayebenz: 10:46am On Mar 20, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Really

Try applying to other countries like Canada, Australia, UK...and the least goes on if indeed your sincere purpose for traveling is for vacation only.

And you think those countries visa is easy to get than US visa?

US visa still remain the easiest to get
You can get US visa with fate without no tie in Nigeria even without travel history.

Canada and Australia visa is really hard without home tie and travel history.

Most of my friends have tried getting the above countries visa countless times without getting nothing not until some of them try the U.S. and im telling you 3 of them are in US right now and they got the visa with no travel history, single, no good account balance, no stable job. They just applied with fate and it work for them.

No strong tie
Just forget about the above countries

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 20, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Much as this seem not far from correct, I believe that those may be easier if you are genuinely qualified for a visa and in order with requirements (which are almost straightforward). They scrutinise both your submitted documents and you na, which the Americans won’t do. You can easily marshal your points with them via your application without being interviewed as usual and get your visa approved. In the US case, easy as we assume it to be on the surface, the case can be different and you may just leave the interview hall even dumber than you came in with the minutest mistake you or “even the VO” makes so to speak. You and I know that there’s a marked difference between that Section 214(b) generic paper people get and the UK visa refusal paper, we know.... Anyways, for me, I got the US visa first however on first attempt without actually breaking a sweat, but from understanding today I will say it will be easier to first get a UK visa before that of the US if you are really qualified for both with unequivocal proofs.
You know why I said those countries are tougher? Because you have to be genuine in toto they verify everything verifiable and if you have insufficient documentation they even ask you send or even refuse outright in some cases.
I’ve seen many people I mean many people who have gotten us visas without merit , in my own opinion I don’t think the USA visa system is based on pure merit because a lot genuine people have been refused and a lot of people who filled their application with lies and were smart with the lies have been issued.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 20, 2019
In other news I had my 221g appointment today for 9am in Abuja and I got the visa. With a few questions asked I think they only wanted to see my face grin
But most people that I saw this morning o weren’t issued visas, pink papers everywhere with them, I had to stand all through and it wasn’t nice at all , from the verification to the interview I was on my toes abi feet

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 20, 2019
Dammilekan:
Abuja applicant are few compared to that of Lagos but have seen people who were rejected in Abuja but were approved in lagos
With the crowd I saw in Abuja today abeg the last time I was in Lagos it wasn’t this bad please, the crowd too much , one woman came out of the Hal shouting dem no dey give anybody visa for this place o

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:56am On Mar 20, 2019
DrStrangelove:
Thanks for the feedback.

She was pregnant by the time we went on her anniversary vacation when the first visa was issued.

We came back after spending three weeks.

She left after about a month to go birth the baby as this was our first. She declared that she came to give birth to her baby at POE. She was redirected to secondary investigation to ask further details about the doctor and hospital info.

At the interview I mean, that’s at the Embassy, was pregnancy discussed at all? Why did the VO ask that question?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:57am On Mar 20, 2019
chloe00:

With the crowd I saw in Abuja today abeg the last time I was in Lagos it wasn’t this bad please, the crowd too much , one woman came out of the Hal shouting dem no dey give anybody visa for this place o

Lol! cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:58am On Mar 20, 2019
chloe00:
In other news I had my 221g appointment today for 9am in Abuja and I got the visa. With a few questions asked I think they only wanted to see my face grin
But most people that I saw this morning o weren’t issued visas, pink papers everywhere with them, I had to stand all through and it wasn’t nice all all , from the verification to the interview I was in my toes.

Congratulations to you Sis.... Which side you dey drop your transcript ni?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:04am On Mar 20, 2019
chloe00:

You know why I said those countries are tougher? Because you have to be genuine in toto they verify everything verifiable and if you have insufficient documentation they even ask you send or even refuse outright in some cases.
I’ve seen many people I mean many people who have gotten us visas without merit , in my own opinion I don’t think the USA visa system is based in pure merit because a lot genuine people have been refused and a lot of people who filled their application with lies and were smart with the lies have been issued.

I quite understand this twist too, was talking from the viewpoint of genuine and qualified candidates only. I agree with your take in your second paragraph also to a large extent, a major shortcoming or what that is, I dunno!

A lot of genuine applicants seem to be suffering for the sins of those that beat the VOs and never came back to Nigeria, this to me is natural retaliation though. I must vex if na me, once you just talk or do one thing wey no just straight for my eyes and mind, I no go just take any yeye risk with you, na refusal gon, retry, the next one or two VO go use another eye look am from where I stop, na filteration process.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lanrey1(m): 11:07am On Mar 20, 2019
Hello comrades, no one respond to my request .... I wanted to apply for an interview for the second time here in South Africa cos am a temporary resident but the interview location gives me Lagos and Abuja only. how can I apply here in SA with my profile. thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abiolagenius: 11:08am On Mar 20, 2019
abiolagenius:

Yes sir thanks i'm aware that i'm to go with the listed.. but what i'm asking is if photocopy is needed there also if am to staple my passport? And finally what are the screening like once one enters the embassy before the interview.. My interview is 7:30am but i intend to be there by 6am tho lol it's my first time

Please can sombody respond to this pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.