Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,366 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1169576 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
OmoBendel24:

95% in tandem with this! However we look at it, no matter our reservations, we should be agreed at least that there's the God factor to visa application processes even though we should not by this encourage laziness, doing no work, going about it unprepared or downplaying the place of ties. Conclusively, one can not go higher in life than the light of God you have in you! Regards Sis....
Twale nwanne!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Solo84(m): 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2017
I could see some promo flying around ... whao!!! or may be I'm feeling dizzy anyway. whao!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YungJo207(m): 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2017
seyewest:

As far as I know the U.S Embassy in Nigeria issue 2 yrs visa for any applicant who applied for b1/b2 visa.

Ok thanks y'all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by daffizo12(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
Good day house, I just came back from the United States of America like 5 days ago, I went to visit my uncle, I want to ask how long can i stay in Nigeria, before I return to the United States... Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2017
daffizo12:
Good day house, I just came back from the United States of America like 5 days ago, I went to visit my uncle, I want to ask how long can i stay in Nigeria, before I return to the United States... Thanks
I thought I normally ask strange questions but this here question takes the cake for the question of the year.

Abeg I want to create thread with the title: "Nigeria Visit Visa Pt 1"

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
daffizo12:
You can go back tomorrow. The question is what will you answer the CBP as your reason for coming back. U no get job? No be visit again?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

You can go back tomorrow. The question is what will you answer the CBP as your reason for coming back. U no get job? No be visit again?
Na Nepa wan chase am away from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yinkus1011: 11:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
daffizo12:
omo naija, na wa o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vanod: 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
Good evening LadyG, Seyewest and all the gurus in the house.

Please I need opinion on what to do, I have traveled out of the country before but unfortunately the passport lost but i have photocopy of visa of the country i traveled to and passport bio-data page in my email address with arrival stamp on it. please is it advisable to take the photocopy to embassy and show as proof that i have traveled out before.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 2:31am On Dec 07, 2017
mark0020:
Please can anyone help me on the easiest way to get a usa visa.
Thanks

"God's favor" will do it. Just go and pray.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 2:54am On Dec 07, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Does God submit a list to all embassies to favor some people and disfavor others? Visa is obtained by Atheist, Muslims, Christians, those who speak against God, those who love God, babalawos, voodoo worshippers etc in my personal opinion which I am entitled to, Visa approval has nothing to do with favor, Nigeria is such a religious society that everything is connected to God, favor, anointing, sow a visa seed, go for deliverance to obtain visa, and yet while doing all the spiritual, we forget the weightier matters of the laws of the same God which is truth, mercy and Justice, the same way God allows rain and sunshine on all his creation despite those who hate him, weather Atheist, voodoo worshippers, Muslims, pagans etc God is not a man that we box into our corner to use like ATM machine to withdraw cash, his ways are weigh higher than that of man, let me digress abit, most of the Western Nations we run to don't subscribe too much to God and yet the system is working very well for them, as kids they ate taught to always tell the truth, love everyone, own up if you commit a crime but over here in Nigeria, we do all manner of atrocities, lie in the visa forms and go to church to ask for favor, which favor, God has given us brain to think and do the right thing than this endless charade of trying to use God and that is my bone of contention, this will be my last post on this issue, open a thread and copy me and I have so much to tell you if you want, China is more or less an Atheist Nation and yet that same God is causing them to prosper, I guess your phone might have it's part from China, God is too big to be boxed into our small corner, his ways and thought are weigh too much for mortal man, like I said, open a thread and let's talk God, God is always good and I believe in Him not because of what he has done or will do but because he created me to worship Him in truth and holiness, I will not respond to you here, l don't want to derail further, enjoy your day cool

I was initially going to waka pass and not weigh into this debate (in order not to turn this into a religious thread)... but i really had to comment on the words in bold. In a nutshell, you have crystalized my own thoughts as well.

The problem with Nigerians - they are religious BUT NOT really christians. i find it very difficult to listen to a Nigerian preacher (with the exception of Tunde Bakare) because more often than not, their messages are heavily tilted towards the "god" of the ATM. The "god" who breaths fire on our enemies (even though Matt 5:44 tells us to love and pray for our enemies), enlarges our coast (even when we have not earned it), ushers us into our year of breakthrough (what exactly does that mean?), gives us the fruits of the land (even when we have sown absolutely nothing). What you will NEVER hear from these pastors is the charge to be Holy before the Lord, you will never hear messages about patience, longsuffering, living honestly before God and man (2 Cor 8:21), obeying lawfully constituted authority (Romans 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13), doing our jobs as to the Lord - which includes being on time, not using company time for private business, being faithful to do above and beyond what we are tasked to do (Col 3:23-24).

If every christian in Nigeria lived their lives according to the principles above, we would be by far one of the best nations on earth. Yet we are bedevilled by crippling corruption, poverty of character, lack of integrity and a mindset heavy on getting rich quick, as that is the only way to show that the "god of the ATM" is indeed with you. We spend too much time seeking his hands that we forget that what he has called us to do is to seek His FACE FIRST (Matt 6:33). Too many of us spewing fire and brimstone today are but one visa away from turning our backs on Him...

God is a God of order, regardless of what we think, he is not going to overturn US law to grant you a visa if you are not qualified for it. Christ was on earth for 33 years during which time the Roman government placed a heavy tax burden on the Jews as a vassal state. Christ never once spoke out against it...

As you have rightly said... i am not moved by the overly rehearsed recourse to "favor", "mercy" and faux "faith" by many here. It smacks of hypocrisy, of emergency religiosity, one that is borne out of desperation and hopelessness than a true desire to seek the Lord. If you want to test them, criticize them once... their response to you sounds a lot worse than what you'd expect from a pagan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 7:20am On Dec 07, 2017
I have seen someone who does bricklayer Job at age 43... Wanted to go attend his brother wedding.
He told them his a bricklayer and this are his pay....
He wasn't denied... Sometimes this VO look at desperation of Applicant...
You can never tell possibility of Visas been issued...
Some VO based their judgement on your Honesty, some on your Ties, some on your financials..
If a VO sense Honesty in your words.. Even if you be plumber.. They would want to give you..

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 7:29am On Dec 07, 2017
Just
giga02:
Interview at the US embassy today, I was denied by d lady in window 7
VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning Ma
VO: what are you going to do at the US
Me: Going on the Invite by my Uncle( My mum younger brother) to spend the Xmas with him and his family
Vo: Who is sponsoring you trip
Me: My dad will be sponsoring my flight but my uncle will be responsible for my accommodation and other expenses when I get to the US
Vo: What your dad do?
Me: He's a chartered accountant and CEO of XXXX company.
Vo: Have you traveled out internationally?
Me: No, This gonna be my 1st time
Vo: Sorry you are not qualify bla bla bla

I don't know bro but from what you filled in your form
The VO had no questions of your ties..
She didn't bother asking you what you do.. If your Dad and Uncle is sponsoring then is like you just a sit at home... Which might not be true..
Your ties we're the errors.. Work on them.
Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AngelicBeing: 8:46am On Dec 07, 2017
TWoods:

I was initially going to waka pass and not weigh into this debate (in order not to turn this into a religious thread)... but i really had to comment on the words in bold. In a nutshell, you have crystalized my own thoughts as well.

The problem with Nigerians - they are religious BUT NOT really christians. i find it very difficult to listen to a Nigerian preacher (with the exception of Tunde Bakare) because more often than not, their messages are heavily tilted towards the "god" of the ATM. The "god" who breaths fire on our enemies (even though Matt 5:44 tells us to love and pray for our enemies), enlarges our coast (even when we have not earned it), ushers us into our year of breakthrough (what exactly does that mean?), gives us the fruits of the land (even when we have sown absolutely nothing). What you will NEVER hear from these pastors is the charge to be Holy before the Lord, you will never hear messages about patience, longsuffering, living honestly before God and man (2 Cor 8:21), obeying lawfully constituted authority (Romans 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13), doing our jobs as to the Lord - which includes being on time, not using company time for private business, being faithful to do above and beyond what we are tasked to do (Col 3:23-24).

If every christian in Nigeria lived their lives according to the principles above, we would be by far one of the best nations on earth. Yet we are bedevilled by crippling corruption, poverty of character, lack of integrity and a mindset heavy on getting rich quick, as that is the only way to show that the "god of the ATM" is indeed with you. We spend too much time seeking his hands that we forget that what he has called us to do is to seek His FACE FIRST (Matt 6:33). Too many of us spewing fire and brimstone today are but one visa away from turning our backs on Him...

God is a God of order, regardless of what we think, he is not going to overturn US law to grant you a visa if you are not qualified for it. Christ was on earth for 33 years during which time the Roman government placed a heavy tax burden on the Jews as a vassal state. Christ never once spoke out against it...

As you have rightly said... i am not moved by the overly rehearsed recourse to "favor", "mercy" and faux "faith" by many here. It smacks of hypocrisy, of emergency religiosity, one that is borne out of desperation and hopelessness than a true desire to seek the Lord. If you want to test them, criticize them once... their response to you sounds a lot worse than what you'd expect from a pagan.
1000 likes, spot on and well delivered as usual, kudos to you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by doyinwbaby: 9:06am On Dec 07, 2017
Sorry guys, This is going to be long.

In Christianity, there's the concept of "If it is the Lord's will" (James 4:15)

In Judaism, there's the saying "In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps" (Proverbs 16:9)

In Islam, there's the concept of "Insya-Allah / God willing"

In Chinese Antiquity, there's the concept of "Man Proposes, Heaven Disposes"
Among the most able of men, there is a wisdom in which he must acknowledge God for allowing his effort to succeed. This, upon the understanding that many more have equally tried and failed.
One acknowledges self, while another acknowledges God's will for his/her successes.

However, The same bible in Christianity says: There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers. - Proverbs 6:16-19

In Judaism, there is a saying "“Truth is the seal of the Holy One, blessed be He. The God of truth is found wherever there is truth and His absence is felt wherever there is falsehood.

In Islam, “Surely Allah does not guide him aright who is a liar, ungrateful.” (Surah az-Zumar 39:3)

So my people, there is NO way you wanna look at it. A lie is a lie. there is nothing like a small lie or a big lie BUT My bible thought me NEVER to judge (Matthew 7:1) so seeing people on here crucifying others too is not right; However, I always Keep in mind, we are NOT ALL the same so When i wanted to apply; I GOT my visa successfully without asking one question here and same for my sister because i CHOSE to read and research.
If you are someone like me who does not have a thick skin for insults, PLEASE RESPECT YOURSELF AND read from ground up. it wont kill you, trust me and if you can't find your answer. There is "quora", there is "google" . Trust me, someone somewhere has been through what you are going through.

Please, lets strive for peace at all times in a world of so much hate and vile words. Sorry once again for the long post!

Love and light always! thanks guys!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2017
@doyin you said Exactly what I believe
God is over all, VO's not excluded
Thats however not an excuse to be indolent or lie and hope for mercy afterwards

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by danherb: 10:31am On Dec 07, 2017
Hello, Please I was denied US tourism visa last month and I want to make some changes in my profile concerning my place of work and job descriptions but I can see it in my old profile.

Secondly, the DS-160 Reference number I used in the last interview did not change. Please I need a help before I impute GTB payment reference code.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 11:35am On Dec 07, 2017
danherb:
Hello, Please I was denied US tourism visa last month and I want to make some changes in my profile concerning my place of work and job descriptions but I can see it in my old profile.

Secondly, the DS-160 Reference number I used in the last interview did not change. Please I need a help before I impute GTB payment reference code.

Not a good chance bro
It was a month ago... That means your vacation is obviously over... You can't be given vacation on your new job so soon...
It will be a wrong turn man..

What's your transcript?
Let's try evaluate
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by obasa19: 11:59am On Dec 07, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Love at first sight na!!! Where is the romance in you? cheesy
No mind the Guy. He's posting all the nonsense and ingridents so the VO,'S can see it and believe his tales by moonlight.
God help this thier Enugu church. Chai.

@reinee I Knoooooo! That's why I told him I have been here long. I remember his first post. He'll post then close that account and his schizophrenic second will post another version. Then they'll close that one and the 2nd person in him that has split personality disorder will post yet another version. Nwanne, thank God say I no be vo. I'll put a note on his profile for other VO's to tell him to reapply in a month say Na small thing e remain. By the time he has reapplied 12 times he go know a far

Ogburugburu of Oracle has spoken!!!

Baddest����
Savagery����

I'm enjoying these criticisms backtoback more than people that will rub my head to hell.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2017
danherb:

Why would you be making changes to your place of work and job description? These should not have changed within a month, if what you originally entered was the truth. As i have seen the VOs say time without number here, it is amazing how many people make "errors" on basic information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2017
TWoods:

God bless you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by obasa19: 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Lolz.... Baby Christian! Imagine, you can't even pinpoint standards and how to get in Heaven and you are teaching us God. SMH.... Feeding you milk and your teeth is breaking, how about if one fed you STRONG MEAT? You just can't bear. Be sure that I'm not pro-misrepresentation and never will, all I'm saying is that there's a God factor in visa pursuit that we should stop hating on, it exists.

One thing I like @the bolded is your acknowledgment of God and His prerogative, better you know this counts too in visa matters as annoying as this may sound to some minds. He favors whom He deems fit (He's PARTIAL) despite being JUST.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2017
doyinwbaby:
Sorry guys, This is going to be long.

In Christianity, there's the concept of "If it is the Lord's will" (James 4:15)

Love and light always! thanks guys!

Doyin may God continue to bless and honor you... grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yeanca(f): 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2017
My big cousin in the US who is a citizen just filed for his Father,he sent a msg that the filing has being approved,please how do we help get interview date for the father,thanks...urgent answers will be must appreciated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2017
Yeanca:
My big cousin in the US who is a citizen just filed for his Father,he sent a msg that the filing has being approved,please how do we help get interview date for the father,thanks...urgent answers will be must appreciated

If he did the filling.. He should book the interview..
Maybe you could help by paying at GTB and sending a photo of the receipt to him.. That's all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yeanca(f): 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
josiahese:

If he did the filling.. He should book the interview..
Maybe you could help by paying at GTB and sending a photo of the receipt to him.. That's all
. How? Which form are we meant to fill on the site
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 1:40am On Dec 08, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Are you a Nigerian? Wondering what "Ghana visa" means though....
The visa you need to enter Ghana.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Azeezatdami93: 8:57am On Dec 08, 2017
Hi everyone, i was approved laat week wed, but when i tried tracking, i was told my passport is still with the US consulate etc.... Pls how lomg does it take for passports to be returned.... The vo told me then that it will take up to a week. But it was actually one week 2days ago... Has anyone experienced this??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 9:28am On Dec 08, 2017
Azeezatdami93:
Hi everyone, i was approved laat week wed, but when i tried tracking, i was told my passport is still with the US consulate etc.... Pls how lomg does it take for passports to be returned.... The vo told me then that it will take up to a week. But it was actually one week 2days ago... Has anyone experienced this??

Relax. You will get it. Maybe later go your pickup location and check. Heard about someone who had their passport collected but didn't get an sms. Go and check
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by danherb: 10:31am On Dec 08, 2017
I was not the one that filled it and I believe the guy didn't fill it properly. There were some spelling errors.
And am thinking of doing it myself against Easter vacation.

How do I see the ds-160 form to fill?

TWoods:

Why would you be making changes to your place of work and job description? These should not have changed within a month, if what you originally entered was the truth. As i have seen the VOs say time without number here, it is amazing how many people make "errors" on basic information.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 11:36am On Dec 08, 2017
DO IT YOURSELF NEXT TIME. ITS NOT HARD TO FILL THAT US VISA FORM, ANY ERROR OR LIES IN THAT FORM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, NOT ANYONE ELSE'S.

danherb:
I was not the one that filled it and I believe the guy didn't fill it properly. There were some spelling errors.
And am thinking of doing it myself against Easter vacation.

How do I see the ds-160 form to fill?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.