Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,487 members, 7,801,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1168184 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sgttanner: 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:

You don't have a choice. You must go through another interview to obtain a new visa. The visa in your stolen passport is considered cancelled.
jeeezzzzzz shocked... lemme Kuku die
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2017
Sgttanner:
please with which documents ... crying typing this

Your full name as it appears on your passport.

You will be called in for a chat to verify your case.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sgttanner: 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
justwise:

Your full name as it appears on your passport.

You will be called in for a chat to verify your case.
but I am told I will have to go for another interview..just like the first one ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:

shocked shocked O dear! this is bad luck of the worst kind. I think you need to apply for another visa asap. But first you need to report the theft to the police, obtain a police report (i think the US consulate will request for this as evidence that your passport was stolen), then you need to apply for a new passport and then apply for a new visa. Hopefully you still have your I-20?

I don't think so, yes he has to report to the police and get a report from the police so as to apply for another passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sgttanner: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
justwise:

I don't think so, yes he has to report to the police and get a report from the police so as to apply for another passport.
ow about another interview??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
Sgttanner:
but I am told I will have to go for another interview..just like the first one ?

That is unlikely.

Yes you will be called in by the embassy so as to verify your case. When you are issued another visa the stolen one will be cancelled.

The visa or passport is useless to whoever that took it because your biometric is there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
Sgttanner:

Yes you do need to appear for another interview unfortunately.

Twoods, already give a link on your previous post.

Here again
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/lost-stolen-visas.html
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sgttanner: 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
justwise:

That is unlikely.

Yes you will be called in by the embassy so as to verify your case. When you are issued another visa the stolen one will be cancelled.

The visa or passport is useless to whoever that took it because your biometric is there.
oh ok thanks .. Twoods scared me by saying I will go for another interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
Sgttanner:

Do you expect the embassy to just email you a visa without talking to you to know exactly what happened? They will need your biometric details again so as to pull up your details
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sgttanner: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Here again
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/lost-stolen-visas.html
another interview keh .... head ache and fast heart beat wanna kill me here
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sgttanner: 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2017
justwise:

Do you expect the embassy to just email you a visa without talking to you to know exactly what happened? They will need your biometric details again so as to pull up your details
i understand your point sir ... I am asking if my interview will be like the normal one I went for
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Here again

That is not exactly what that link says.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
Sgttanner:
another interview keh .... head ache and fast heart beat wanna kill me here

Read that link properly then come back here to tell us your understanding.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HiredGames(m): 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
Sgttanner:
Hello house .. please I am in a dilemma .. I got my student visa issued last week and I was robbed today... my house was burgled .. my passport was inside my laptop bag where I dropped it ... I already booked my flight for 30 of this month ... Please what can I do .. my school is resuming on the 5th of Jan ... please I need a quick response so I can act fast ... gurus in the house .. @Twoods @justwise @ladyguinevere @LagosNIV

Your biggest headache should be how to get a new passport and not necessarily the interview.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
justwise:

That is not exactly what that link says.

It's essentially another interview to be honest. He has to apply for an interview date and appear before a VO in person before he can be issued a replacement visa. Although i would presume that they would take into account the fact that he had been previously approved for a visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
HiredGames:

Your biggest headache should be how to get a new passport and not necessarily the interview.

I agree. This will be the biggest stumbling block. Can you get another passport in good time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HiredGames(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:

I agree. This will be the biggest stumbling block. Can you get another passport in good time.

I don't know the procedure to replacing a lost passport, but my sister legit collected her passport same day in Abeokuta. This was just last Thursday.

cc Sgttanner
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:

It's essentially another interview to be honest. He has to apply for an interview date and appear before a VO in person before he can be issued a replacement visa. Although i would presume that they would take into account the fact that he had been previously approved for a visa.

What is the need for another visa interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sgttanner: 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2017
HiredGames:

I don't know the procedure to replacing a lost passport, but my sister legit collected her passport same day in Abeokuta.

cc Sgttanner
can I Pm you sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sgttanner: 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:

i will try my best .. I know it's gonna cost me a lot but I will try and get a new one

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sgttanner: 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
justwise:

this is exactly what I am wondering!! .....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HiredGames(m): 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
Sgttanner:
can I PM you

I'd be glad to help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HiredGames(m): 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2017
Let's ask ourselves what a VISA INTERVIEW is.

Conventional F1 visa interview or not, the best nomenclature for what Sgttanner will be subjected to remains an "INTERVIEW".

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chukskid(m): 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
I av Jst gotten admission into Bronx community college 4 my Ad in business administration and my i20 is being prepared for my visa interview dat is coming forth.....

Pls I nid help on hw 2 go about dis interview mata
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by floxylcj: 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2017
Please house, am about applying for visit visa to the US for a conference in my field by January...please I want to ask, can I apply with my younger son who is just about 1yr6mnth old...what are my chances? Note, I have been to a couple of countries in the past but alone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mbamto: 11:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
justwise:

Twoods is right , he MUST attend another interview as far as American visa is concerned. For other countries interview might not be necessary. I didn't read the link but is something I know, it has happened to someone very close to me. Unless they have changed their policy last week.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mbamto: 11:33pm On Dec 10, 2017
Sgttanner:
i understand your point sir ... I am asking if my interview will be like the normal one I went for
Yea, like the normal interview, just prepare again. Sorry for what happened.
Secondly you can ask the VOs directly on their thread to be double sure, so as to start preparing fast .
Remember you need a police report for the passport, keep the police report safe for maybe interview and POE.
All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sgttanner: 12:11am On Dec 11, 2017
Mbamto:

Yea, like the normal interview, just prepare again. Sorry for what happened.
Secondly you can ask the VOs directly on their thread to be double sure, so as to start preparing fast .
Remember you need a police report for the passport, keep the police report safe for maybe interview and POE.
All the best
can you direct me to the VOs thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sgttanner: 12:26am On Dec 11, 2017
Mbamto:

Twoods is right , he MUST attend another interview as far as American visa is concerned. For other countries interview might not be necessary. I didn't read the link but is something I know, it has happened to someone very close to me. Unless they have changed their policy last week.
my visa type is F1 not B1/B2.... and what was the outcome of that your friend
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 3:25am On Dec 11, 2017
Sgttanner:

You definitely need to appear in person to be interviewed again by a VO. There is no escaping that. The earlier you start prepping the better. This is the thread where you can directly ask the VOs - https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TashaStPatrik: 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
Good day everyone.. please i need help filling my Non-Imigrant US visa. I have gotten to the page where it says " enter contact person or organisation. " I have contacts but dont want to use any of them. Please am confused, cos the explanation also says " put down the name of store or company you plan to visit" I do not understand again.
Meanwhile, am hoping to travel with hubby and baby girl.

See what i mean below

]Your U.S. Point of Contact can be any individual in the U.S. who knows you and can verify, if necessary, your identity. If you do not personally know anyone in the U.S., you may enter the name of the store, company, or organization you plan to visit during your trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mbamto: 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2017
Sgttanner:
F1, B1/B2 or what ever , all are visas, start preparing for another interview just the way you did the former one. A simple google search will tell you this fact.
All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.