Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady (29443 Views)

Lagos Landlord/landlady Is At It Again. Kindly Advise. / Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. / Land Experts And Lawyers Please Kindly Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by domopps(m): 7:53am On Oct 15, 2017
No dear ......atleast save it up to a million. .

Cheers happy Sunday!
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by 2fine2fast(m): 7:54am On Oct 15, 2017
It should, just get a honest bricklayer to do the job. It's a room apartment.

3 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Princesteve7248: 7:54am On Oct 15, 2017
okerekeikpo:
20k sef fit build am, this is why u no go church na to dey ask us stupid questions

And you are also here giving stupid answer

17 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Nwodosis(m): 7:54am On Oct 15, 2017
The cost of buying 6inches blocks alone is about 150k even if you are moulding by yourself it can't be less than 130k. That money will not go any where!

2 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by vicben27(m): 7:54am On Oct 15, 2017
Kimy97:
I room is 1million...according to one bricklayer
y do you have that emoji on ur puna? allow breez! to enter joor!

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 15, 2017
Buhari again
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by destinkoko(m): 7:54am On Oct 15, 2017
Even 3million naira can't give u a standard house.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by PqsMike: 7:55am On Oct 15, 2017
Lolz.....#500k ? If I were you I would've ask for price of cement first

Modifies ......I just read where u mention "any structure" ....if that's the case #500 is more than enough
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by lanrexdo(m): 7:56am On Oct 15, 2017
Dear poster! That 500k will do. Don't mind all this people who are giving stupid advice. Find a bricklayer and carpenter!

12 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by kennymotors(m): 7:56am On Oct 15, 2017
Brasstop:
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm actually doing this post on behalf of a young lady. The parents are having accommodation challenge. She has bought A land measuring 200 by 100 a while ago. The Dad is down with stroke.
Presently landlord is on their neck and rent is due. She has about 500k savings.
She approached me for advice but I can't give her so I'm running to the guru's in the house. The problem is, can her 500k put up a one bedroom apartment devoid of any luxury? Just blocks, ordinary zinc and wooden Windows?. No plastering, painting or tiles. Just the bare basics
The mum said she is OK with any type of structure- bedsitter(studio apartment), zinc structure, plank house etc.. just any kind of structure..
Pls help this hardworking young lady.
The family resides in warri
Thank you
yes,go ahead don't be discourage,but you need to supervise your project and look for God fearing workers to achieve your target

4 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by agarawu23(m): 7:57am On Oct 15, 2017
Brasstop:
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm actually doing this post on behalf of a young lady. The parents are having accommodation challenge. She has bought A land measuring 200 by 100 a while ago. The Dad is down with stroke.
Presently landlord is on their neck and rent is due. She has about 500k savings.
She approached me for advice but I can't give her so I'm running to the guru's in the house. The problem is, can her 500k put up a one bedroom apartment devoid of any luxury? Just blocks, ordinary zinc and wooden Windows?. No plastering, painting or tiles. Just the bare basics
The mum said she is OK with any type of structure- bedsitter(studio apartment), zinc structure, plank house etc.. just any kind of structure..
Thank you

500k will build u a studio apartment.

Forget tiles and all other expense that will suck up the money. 500k will build, roof a mini studio and will park you in. Forget plastering and other things, she will do them little by little. That's how to build a house and not until u have all the million's.

13 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 15, 2017
Op. The economy is bad and Price's of things have skyrocketed to an unbelievable level. If it was in 2000, yes it would. But this days, 500k can only get u toilet and bathroom. No joke's. Except she will just build a single room apartment and convenience. My 2cent
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by karzyharsky(m): 7:57am On Oct 15, 2017
wait lemme ask baba birikilla
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by alamscolo(m): 7:58am On Oct 15, 2017
Although not a builder but it should if its just a room apartment using block size 6, it should and in a matter of 3wks sef it should've been completed
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by gidimasters(m): 7:58am On Oct 15, 2017
shege45:
is a land included in ds moni?

U no dey read? Or it's difficult for you to read and understand?

3 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by SpeedGod: 7:58am On Oct 15, 2017
Is possible, I made similar enquiry before. I think the architect said yes.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by agarawu23(m): 7:59am On Oct 15, 2017
PqsMike:
Lolz.....#500k ? If I were you I would've ask for price of cement first
I just smh for all of u here who normally discourage ppl when whey they bring their budget to this property section.

How Much is cement? 2650# per bag. And so what?

8 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by anonymuz(m): 8:00am On Oct 15, 2017
It can depending on where the land is. If it's water lodge no way because of the foundation.but if it's not it can even give you 2bed room without plastering and flooring...na Pako window sha

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by agarawu23(m): 8:01am On Oct 15, 2017
Phinity318:
Op. The economy is bad and Price's of things have skyrocketed to an unbelievable level. If it was in 2000, yes it would. But this days, 500k can only get u toilet and bathroom. No joke's. Except she will just build a single room apartment and convenience. My 2cent
u lie. 500k will get it done .

4 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by olarent: 8:02am On Oct 15, 2017
call me so that I can tell you how to do it, they we build two bedroom flat. instead of buy block they can cut block invite those people600 per bag of cement. call me to give you more detail 07065512071
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 15, 2017
agarawu23:
u lie. 500k will get it done .
Seriously? May be u should do us a favour by drafting rough estimates plus workmanship. Then we can objectively make good input.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by castrol180(m): 8:02am On Oct 15, 2017
Kimy97:
I room is 1million...according to one bricklayer

Na mansion you think he is talking about?
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by luminouz(m): 8:03am On Oct 15, 2017
Diligentpays:
I am not a builder, but I am very convinced that 500k can't even raise a foundation, that is the bitter truth, only cement, molding of blocks and paying workers for foundation set up alone is way more than 500k.
Ur not a builder yet ur very convinced...based on what?? Ur visions Mtchewwww
Go n wash d plates my friend.... undecided

14 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Lokoyen(m): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2017
Brasstop:
Thanks for stopping by.
Thank you

Of course she can build it.

She should try to mold her blocks herself to cut cost further. Instead of wooden windows she can still get a luvas windows.

3 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by obinoral1179(m): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2017
If the land is not water log and there is no omo on Ile then 500k should go a long way....

Don't buy ready made blocks buy sand and mould your blocks your self

Used one experience bricklayer and one labour's man

Supervise it yourself

I mean work and close with them

Don't manage cement

For the roofing look for where used strong timber wood are sold and used them for the roofing

And used the old conventional roofing sheet

Don't bargain with one artisan atleast ask for price quotation for at least 5 of them and bargain well.... With this you would even have a better structure for 500k and with time you complete the remaining part. Aim for 2 bedroom and toilet and kitchen then you can just dig a soakway for faeces until you have a lot of money for finishing...... The hardest part is monitoring it yourself in fact it must be your job if not the 500k will be used to buy gravel and sand alone...

6 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by joechuks22: 8:05am On Oct 15, 2017
Yes, with 500k you can put a small structure, 750 block 6" @ 140= 105000, 15bags of cement, 2 length of 10mm, one trip of sand, 4 headpan of gravel,2x2 wood 15, 2x3 12,2x4 20,1x12,4, roofing sheet, door and Windows, germanfloor, from my cal here, 650,000 will give her a living house, one room apartment

11 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by CaptPlanet(m): 8:06am On Oct 15, 2017
Hey Open, there's this guy on twitter he builds with bricks and he claims that you can get a 3bedroom bungalow with about 1.5m or there about or smthg like that. He also claims that he can get that with 8 bags of cement, check him out.

His name is Temitope, twitter handle is @millisheildauto , phone number : 08092300681

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by sKy007: 8:07am On Oct 15, 2017
Just 4 walls, 2 doors, a window and a roof.
It will do
Especially if you plan the convenience (bathroom and toilet) to be outside

Supervise the job yourself, be ready to get dirt in your hands

5 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by obinoral1179(m): 8:08am On Oct 15, 2017
Lokoyen:

Of course she can build it.

She should try to mold her blocks herself to cut cost further. Instead of wooden windows she can still get a luvas windows.
I totally agree
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Bullhari007(m): 8:08am On Oct 15, 2017
just buy used container body and put it to your taste...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gas Explosion In Lafia Nasarawa State, Many Feared Dead (Graphic Photos) / Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued / Newly Built 3bedroom Terrace House At Lekki Phase II Gardens @21.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.