Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady (29449 Views)

Lagos Landlord/landlady Is At It Again. Kindly Advise. / Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. / Land Experts And Lawyers Please Kindly Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by didipeters(m): 12:06am On Oct 16, 2017
after reading through all the post, I just realized that a lot of people will die as tenants with no single property to call theirs......why the hell would any reasonable person say that 500k cant raise a foundation? na gold plated house u wan build? I'll console myself with the fact that a lot of those responses come from people that have never bought a trip of sand before in their entire life and are probably living in their father's houses or a rented apartment!!

3 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by MrRitchie: 2:55am On Oct 16, 2017
Abeg how much is raft foundation for a single room?
frank043:

150k? Don't make me laugh!

We are talking about raft foundation man.

2 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by MrRitchie: 2:58am On Oct 16, 2017
We're on the same page! These people on this section,
I just can't imagine someone saying he'll need 1,5m to build a single room when no be say na diamond he wan use, you've said it all, those ppl quoting all this outrageous amount haven't bought a single block before!
didipeters:
after reading through all the post, I just realized that a lot of people will die as tenants with no single property to call theirs......why the hell would any reasonable person say that 500k cant raise a foundation? na gold plated house u wan build? I'll console myself with the fact that a lot of those responses come from people that have never bought a trip of sand before in their entire life and are probably living in their father's houses or a rented apartment!!

3 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by mfm04622: 5:39am On Oct 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

What is your reason? A used container is less than N150K, getting getting two shouldn't cost more than N300K. Explain why this isn't economical

So how much do you think it will cost to convert?
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 16, 2017
mfm04622:

So how much do you think it will cost to convert?

Going by the guidelines from some posters on this thread conversion shouldn't be more than N200K for everything, the secret to this is self supervision.

Take a look at this

http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://tempohousingnigeria.com/&grqid=xSAttOib&hl=en-NG

This is their price list with finishing and everything all these prices can be reduced by over 50% with proper planning and knowledge

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://www.livinspaces.net/special-features/tempohousing-can-build-a-house-with-2-million-naira-using-shipping-containers/&grqid=hwdl0u14&hl=en-NG
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by ArcToyin(m): 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
Diligentpays:
I am not a builder, but I am very convinced that 500k can't even raise a foundation, that is the bitter truth, only cement, molding of blocks and paying workers for foundation set up alone is way more than 500k.
A big lie
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by ArcToyin(m): 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
It would.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by massario: 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
akeensbussy:
Yes it is possible to do that....here is the analysis.

If the land is in the south west. some part of Lagos State, or southwest state. I stay in Ogun State.

here we go.

You need 1000 blocks to build room and parlour self ....you need 500 blocks to build a room self.

here is how u will spend the money. land is not included.

Moulding block by urself would be the best.

Buy one man diesel Setting sand = 28k to 30k.

buy 20bags of cement

moulder will take 800 naira per one bag of cement. 800naira X 20bags of cement = 16000

water will take 2000 naira

25bags of cement @ 45units of 6" will give 1000 units block.

Total: 70030 naria

note that the man diesel truck sand u bought, u will only use half of it to produce blocks.

Let start building...

Plz note that at the stage, u don't need German floor. don't let anybody deceive u. I don't need it if the land is not water lodge.

What u need

cement: 15bags = 39000 naira
gravel: don't buy truck..buy the one inside cement sack. buy from someone in the neighborhood highest 350 naira per bag..get 20bags = 7000

you have sand already

water...5000 naira

if omonile showed up, drag it with them that u just want to do temporary structure..and find them something highest 20k

bricklayer..Negotiate very well. highest pay the bricklayer 50k to take it to limited level for you.

note: don't let the room and parlour too big. the parlour highest should be 12by14 feet while your room should 10by10feet the toilet and bath 4by6 while the kitchen should be 5by7. that is enough.

total 121,000 naira

doing your linted...here I don't need to do it round..just do the important place. windows and door..highest u will need 5length of 12mm iron. don't involve welder, tell them to help u cut it from where u are buying the iron..just tip the person shikena. 12mm highest is 2100 naira X 5 = 10500 naira

find local carpenter, negotiate with him including bringing his own plank to do the thing highest 10k. after call the bricklayer to come and fill the lintel

total spent = 25k

At this juncture u have spent overall total of

220,000 naira only...

To roof it.....Roof it the way shop is roofed. With this you will minimise cost on Materials.

Highest plank you will buy is 100pcs for 2by3 and 2by4. then 40 pcs of 2by2 for nogging.
2by3 is 400 naira or 450 naira highest while 2by4 is 500 naira, 2by2 is 250 naira. = 60k

use Aluminium zinc highest price is 25k per bundle (15pcs) by 3 bundles.= 75k

carpenter: highest 50K..using local carpenter with good negotiating power.

nails 3inches half bag 5k
others 10k
total= 200k

Finishing
for now, do only the bedroom ceiling..
window burglaries for the parlour and bedroom only.
dig the round soakaway for now 20fit will cost u 20k diggig and casting then buy pipes and channel the toilet, bathroom only there...
kitchen don't do anything for now...they can be using it till money comes
for the windows...do only the frame for room and parlour and put net only.

use the foiling sand from your soakway digging to fill the house and do the flooring..note always get gravel around..don't carry lorry. the balance of 80k should do all this highest additional fund will be 20k.

when money comes do the rest..
please can I have your telephone number because I'm looking for a bricklayer at igbesa to work for me in a site at igbesa

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by akeensbussy(m): 9:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
massario:
please can I have your telephone number because I'm looking for a bricklayer at igbesa to work for me in a site at igbesa

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by bvc(m): 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2018
Ready to paint your building?
- Get a free quotation that is proven to reduce cost
- Select from a variety of local and foreign paint products
- Locate certified painters around you for that impeccable finishing
- Get discounts for all paint purchases, just request for a coupon code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLNIgdTMRMM

www.expertpaintadvice.com.ng
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Nbg4real: 10:39am On Jan 20, 2018
please what is the price of a bundle of zinc roofing sheet and how many square meter will a bundle covered?
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Riscoded(m): 11:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
JOXY:
Ii just finished a 10 by 14 shop that can also go for a one bedroom apartment with store and toilet. I have not bought the sanitary wares and tiles. Note that both electricity and toilet are connected from the main buildind. The shop has a burglar proof, sliding door, and 2 iron doors. I paid the bricklayer who worked with 3 workers for 9 days N105,000. In all 390 blocks @ N150 (6 inches) were used and 22 bags of cement at N2,650. The structure has aluminium roof at N85k. The total amount till date is N610k. You can use this as your guide.
Nice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Our Landlord Is Torturing Us / Newly Built 3bedroom Terrace House At Lekki Phase II Gardens @21.5m / See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.